Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Psychology Graduate w 3 years related experience

Hi, I would like to get advise about the possibilities of getting assessed by APS with the following qualifications:

- 4 yr Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
- 3 yrs relevant experience

Will these be sufficient to get assessed by APS for GSM ?

Please let me know mga kabayan about your thoughts, these are my sister's qualifications and we were kind of confused how to proceed with the assessment.

Thank you!

Comments

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    what will be the nominated occupation?

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• pepedocspepedocs Sydney
    Hi lock_code2004,

We thought of Psychologists nec, however we're not really sure if a pyschology grad. from a philippine institution with experience will be eligible for this. Based on our own assessments of the criteria, my sister's qualifications match. We also don't know of any filipino psychologist that have successfully applied for a 189 visa.

Please advise.

Cheers,
    Jose
  • islamanislaman Posts: 160Member
    @Pepedocs @lock_code2004 I have read the qualifications for Psychologist nec and from what I have gathered, you need to be licensed to be eligible for this. I was told by some friends that the first board examination for licensure as Psychologist (or Psychometrician) is scheduled in the last quarter of 2013 (or no earlier than October 2013). Not sure if professionalization of Psychology in the Philippines is already in effect, since I do not know anyone from my circle who currently holds a license.

My friends who are aiming to get theirs are still reviewing and are scheduled if not this year, January of next year. This licensure is relatively new maybe that's why we've never heard of a filipino psychologist that has successfully applied for a 189 visa.

I am also interested to know about this. I am a Psychology major with more than 3 years of experience in Training and Organization Development. I had my occupation assessed with Vetassess under the Training and Development (ANZSCO 223311) but I also qualify under the Organizational Psychologist.

I hope you get answers from people who's had experience on this. Best of luck with your application! :)
  • pepedocspepedocs Sydney
    Wow thank you very much islaman...this is very helpful. I will look into that "Training and Development Professional" and see if that fits my sister's qualifications. By the way is this applicable for 189 ? Our main goal is really to get my sister's qualifications assessed with a nominated occupation related to psychology, so that she'll have the chance to submit and EOI and hopefully get invited.

Good luck with your journey islaman!
  • acrossborderacrossborder Los Angeles
    Mga sir / maam pano pala yun let's say yun applicant graduate ng BS psychology. After college ang naging work related sa HR at naging guidance counselor sya sa isang college/school for say 4 years. Then transfer to another company pero napalayo yung work nya sa tinapos nya. More of purchasing/procurement. Tumagal sya ng 3 years dun and still counting. Saan sya dapat magpaassess ng education at work? Hiwalay na organization BA pagnagkataon?