Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Hotel, Motel and Serviced Apartments

RClemRClem Los AngelesPosts: 31Member
edited April 2012 in Other Migration Topic
Hi guys, I was looking over at gumtree and it's hard to find some suitable places to live in when we arrive in Australia. Some of the problems I find are:
- Too pricey (some requires 4 weeks deposit and 2 weeks advances)
- Too far from stops and you definitely need a car
- Address are vague and not found in Google maps
- No pics, descriptions are sometimes too good to be true
- Prior inspection is needed
- Long contracts

In liue of this, i was thinking of renting instead in a motel, hotel or serviced apartments where you can:
- Possibly walk-in and pay
- Look at the place's website
- No need for bonds
- No need for inspection and/or background check (this is hard since you need a place once you land)

Getting some recommendations and/or suggestions if this is a good way to go. Would also appreciate if you know a good hotel, motel and apartments to stay temporarily upon landing and looking for a better settlement.

Thanks!

Comments

• mikaela01mikaela01 Sydney
    We stayed in Mantra in Frome when we were in Adelaide, serviced apartment siya, may sariling kitchen, sala and T&B, meron pa ngang small terrace. I think there are Mantra in almost all of the states in AU. Goodluck!

29 May 2012 - lodged 176 online application
    (Civil Engineer 233211;WA State Sponsored)
    2 June 2012 - CO allocation
    6 June 2012 - PCC uploaded
    8 June 2012 - Medicals
    21 June 2012 - further medical results received
    25 June 2012 - Health requirements finalised
    27 June 2012 - Visa Granted!! To God be the glory!
    19 Aug 2012 - Landed in AU
    Believe in the power of prayers!
    When challenges are so big that we feel our strength is not enough to carry them , keep on going. The extra mile is where the GRACE OF GOD begins.