Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visa 186 vs 190 Questions

MJjMJj SingaporePosts: 1Member
edited September 2015 in Working and skilled visas
Hi All!

Newbie here!

I am thinking of which Visa to apply while waiting for Skills Assessment result. Below is where I am now:

Skills Assessment submitted to VETASSESS and IELTS taken Aug 2015. Applying this journey on my own, meaning no Agent.

My current company is willing to do nomination for me to get Visa 186 through Direct Entry Stream. Question is, can they nominate me even if I am employed on the same company but in different country? I am currently based in Singapore and my company has office in Sydney also. I read through Visa 186 requirements and can't seem to find the answer. Anything you can share will be highly appreciated.

If 186 is not feasible, other option for me is to take 190. Victoria is currently open for my position so that's my back up plan. Problem though is you need to stay 2 years sa state na nagnominate right? This means, I need to be in Melbourne but my company is based in Sydney. Anyone here on the same situation? My preference is to stay in my current company sana although they might agree for a home based set up but not 100% sure yet.

I am taking things one step at a time and lifting up everything to God.

Thanks in advance sa magrereply. :)

Comments

• Lex55Lex55 SA
    @MJj best for you is 457 skilled worker visa
  • fleurdelizfleurdeliz Pasig City
    question, may naapproved na po ba dito na 189/190 na wala sa SOL/CSOL yung specific profession/occupation however they were still approved since medyo related naman yung kanilang work experince but not exactly kung ano yung nasa SOL/CSOL?
    hope someone can share.

thanks