Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

According to study Overqualified migrants suffer depression

2»

Comments

• SushigurlSushigurl Melbourne
    Reply to @psychoboy: Thanks psychoboy, ipon2x lang kayo ni mrs ng funds. ganyan rin ginawa ko while working oversea. pandagdag baon... In God's time, makukuha rin natin ang pinagdarasal natin...
  • adelaide_boiadelaide_boi Sydney
    edited August 2012
    Reply to @Sushigurl: relax miss sushi, i didnt intend to offend you or anything. Did I say harsh words? Did I insult you? Wag ka namang masyadong bitter. It didnt mean to load the burdens you're carrying now. Could you please read my "inspirational" message to our kababayans over and over again? I'm just trying to reverse the pessimistic news to optimistic one. Dahil base sa obserbasyon ko dito sa South australia halos lahat ng kilala kong pinoy got their jobs in just a month.

Uulitin ko ha? "wala pa akong nababalitaang pinoy na peke ang documents na pumunta dito". Ang tinutukoy ko mga ibang lahi, particular sa mga africans at indians. Masyado ka naman yatang defensive. Eto pa: "the i*dian guy can't even compete with filipino accountant". Indian ka ba? sorry kung ganun.

I agree, the news may be TRUE, but then again, hindi yan para sa mga pinoy na fighter. We could react to this news with optimism. Please lang, i-welcome naman natin ang mga applicants. Wag tayong mag react ng NEGATIVE at BITTER. Sensitive ang mga applicants, they scrutinize every piece of information from us before they make up their mind for certain.

Napakaraming cities na sa Australia ang most livable cities in the world. Kaya Australia pa rin ang the best.

one hella' skilled visa grantee. Happily ended up as an ICT gov't employee where SKILLS Australia is just one desk away!

• SushigurlSushigurl Melbourne
    edited August 2012
    @adelaide_boi I dont call it Negative and Bitter, kasi realities ang nangyari. Negative is saying something such as "dont come here kasi BAKA malasin rin kayo".
    We moved to Aus with good vibes and dreams, kung negative kami e hind na kami lumipad rto. I understand na mahirap tlg maka-relate specially if you havent been to this situation. Iba ang situation with every cities. Hiding the truth doesnt make one an optimist. Providing a warning doesnt makes one a pessimist as well. Pls note that im not dissuading our kababyan to come here. All i wanted to say was, be ready with your baon(funds) and proper timing po! Read my email again as well.
  • TinaRTinaR Braddon
    "Overqualified Migrants" first time ko nabasa yan ha. Paano naoverqualified e iba naman ang standards dito vs sa ibang bansa, iba ang culture vs sa ibang bansa, iba ang mentality vs sa ibang bansa. Mababa EQ yun pa kaya hindi matanggap na yung achievements and status nya sa bansa na pinanggalingan nya e pagdating nya dito e hindi nya nakuha agad. Naman adjustment period naman, maging realistic naman kasi.

"One should be pragmatic when it comes to realities in life."

• MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    edited August 2012
    Most people na kilala kong nagma-migrate are in their 40s. By that time nasa senior position na sila sa kung saan mang bansa sila nagta-trabaho. It's not surprising na mag-expect sila ng position na nasa same level, which is not good considering today's job market condition.

Naalala ko tuloy yung isang episode ng The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon had to pick a group of random people, including a Russian janitor, as his teammates just to qualify him for the Physics Quiz Bowl. Turns out the janitor was a physicist in his home country. Funny but not uncommon.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013