Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Employment Reference for Non-continuous work from an Employer?

jackygeejackygee MandaluyongPosts: 1Member
edited December 2012 in Working and skilled visas
I am a Software Engineer, currently collecting documents for ACS assessment. I have non-continuous consultancy contracts with my previous employer abroad from 2000 to 2010. The COE they gave does not conform to the ACS format. As in walang duties and responsibilities, contact details of HR, etc. Also, the specific dates were listed as follow:
  • 1. From January 1 to June 30 2000
  • 2. From August 18 to Nov 30 2000
  • and so on...
  • 15. From May 20 to Dec 31 2010
May mga lapse kasi sometimes I have to go home sa Pinas. Although putol-putol ang contracts, full-time naman lahat yun, 40hrs/wk. Total years with them is only 9years (without the contract breaks)

If I request for an ACS-conformant COE, I know I can never get it from HR because they only have a standard format. My option is to ask a former colleague who is still working there, to write me the Reference (detailed COE).

Question 1: Does she have to write down (a) the list of specific dates of work OR (b) From January 1, 2000 to Dec 31, 2010?
I reckon it should be (a).

Question 2: meron na ba sa inyo with similar situation? Gusto ko rin kasi malaman kung ano gagawin ko til DIAC Ang fear ko is baka masyado nilang questionin kung gawin namin yung (a) with specific dates. Kaya nga ang iniisip kong ipalagay sa detailed COE is ung summarized (From Jan 1, 2000 to Dec 31, 2010) na lang. If humingi sila ng evidence, saka ko ibigay yung putol-putol kong contracts.

Hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance! ;)