Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

TOURIST VISA & PHIL IMMIGRATION OFFICER HELP

jackyjames_09jackyjames_09 MakatiPosts: 23Member
edited January 2012 in Other Migration Topic
hi sisses! I'm a newbie here.
My tourist visa subclass 676 has just been granted and a perfect gift for my birthday, it arrived exactly on my birthday;) It's going to be a short stay, like 3 months and spend it all with my fiance and his family. My flight is on Feb 7, I'm excited, happy and...nervous!
YES! Nervous.. I've been reading alot about IMMIGRATION OFFICER here in Philippines. =/ In summary, they are very strict especially to tourist visa holder. I'm worried also coz I'm unemployed. I can only give my PRC / Postal ID to them as an alternative to COMPANY ID. What are the documents that i need to present for me to be able to pass it? I'm planning to have 8000 pesos show money, i have my ATM card too - BPI, invitation letter from my fiance, statutory declaration that my fiance can support me, address-contact number-work-company infos of my fiance. WHAT ELSE DO YOU THINK IS I NEED TO PRESENT? I'm shy also that I'll put NIL or nothing on my EMBARKATION CARD.
here's a link about immigration officers that ask "lagay or padulas" as we called it http://www.philippines-travel-guide.com/philippine-immigration-departure-requirements.html lalo akong kinabahan.
SHARE YOU EXPERIENCE PO! SALAMAT PO.

Comments

• tootzkietootzkie Sydney
    edited January 2012
    @jackyjames_09

Don't do the padulas. Baka lalo kang magkaproblema dyan.

Kapag binigyan ka ng form ng philippine immigration for you to fill-in, i forgot the name of the form but usually they give it to those with tourist ticket/or visa regardless of what country to visit (as part of philippine's campaign for anti-human trafficking), mag-declare ka ng medyo malaking SHOW MONEY. Hindi naman nila tinitingnan ang bank account or cold cash. Basta isulat mo lang ang halaga ok na yun. Kapag naglagay ka ng 8000 pesos siguradong kukwestyunin ka ng immigration. May mga bad experiences kasi ako sa immigration kapag nagdedeclare ako ng maliit na halaga sa show money. Nakakaalis naman ako pero sobrang maraming hassle.
  • jackyjames_09jackyjames_09 Makati
    Thank you for your reply sis! Yes, i have no intention to give padulas, parang kinonsinte ko na din yung mga bad IO's. 10k balak kong show money, is that alright?? or 3k and then i'll show also my ATM card..
  • macckeepermacckeeper Woolloongabba
    hi jacky... im here in queensland, this is my 2nd visit under visa 676. you dont have to worry about phili immig. officer just tell them that u re going to visit oz, if you've been asked like what ure doing in phil... you could just tell them that u are student or no work in phil and now u are going to oz for holiday...Thats all... just speak smart and nice...you dont have to show money.... for sure u can come over here.... then if you are in Oz... australian officers are more strict, they will ask you some questions before you enter australia, like who will support u during ur stays, where u going to stay....
    ..THATS ALL.... be ready for it...
    edited February 2012
    Thank you so much @macckeeper.. Sa Brisbane po punta ko on Feb 7, Mas natatakot nga po ako sa mga IO dito sa atin kasi may nangongotong pa daw.
    hmm ok po! yehey!!! no show money..;)
    Thank u po sa reply..
    I'm excited na super..Sana malagpasan ko ng maayos to..
    PS: sabi po ng friend ko, i need proof daw po na babalik ako d2 sa Pinas. tsk! babalik naman ako eh kaso unemployed pa ko for now. help po kung ano pwedeng isagot tnx...
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    PS: sabi po ng friend ko, i need proof daw po na babalik ako d2 sa Pinas. tsk! babalik naman ako eh kaso unemployed pa ko for now. help po kung ano pwedeng isagot tnx...
    akala ko ba may visa kana.

bakit kailangan mo pa proof na babalik ayan na nga oh tourist visa.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• macckeepermacckeeper Woolloongabba
    you are welcome@ jacky.... im here in BNE too... show your return ticket to them or the proof that you submitted in embasssy that u are coming back after holiday... THATS ALL... mas kabahan ka sa Australian Officer, strict sila sa answers mo at mga bitbit... better to watch australian border security sa youtube....pero kung genuine yung intentions mo for holiday, u dont have to worry... goodluck mate.
    opo may visa na po ako..;) kaso yung friend ko tinanong daw siya abou proof na babalik siya here..
    yes, naaaliw nga ako kakapanuod nun sa youtube.. magdadala sana ako ng whitening pills or any supplement hehe wag na lang.. ayoko maabala at magpapansin sa mga customs or IOs.
    thank you ulit @macckeeper..
    Kamusta po weather diyan?

• jaydeetizonjaydeetizon Perth
    @jackyjames_09 medyo mahigpit nga sa immigration natin esp if wla ka work. like what had happened to me and my husband when we went to hk for a 4-day tour. muntik na kmi hindi mapaalis dahil pareho kami unemployed that time (nov last yr) good thing dala namin ung o.r. ng medical namin for Australia pra proof na babalik kami after ng tour namin. hindi guarantee pra sa io na may return ticket ka. so prepare for other documents na may babalikan ka pa sa pinas like your property.
    hi @jaydeetizon, my fiance visa is still on process. do u think a copy of my receipt might help? i also have emailed from the embassy saying that they will request or i can pass my passport after my 3 months trip from OZ.
    thank you for your reply..;)
    @jackyjames_09 it might help so bring it as well. good luck on your trip..
    Hello there.. I'm here na sa OZ... so happy!!!;)
    Share ko lang yung first time experience ko with the IO's.
    In Philippines: They asked me WHEN, WHERE, and HOW kami nag-meet ng fiance ko. WHEN and WHERE ako nag-graduate and who is the DEAN. . ;) Tapos nanahimik na siya when i gave my documents to him, stat declaration of support ng fiance ko for 3 months and invitation letter. Pero aminado ako na kinabahan talaga ako, medyo ang tagal ko din kasi sa pila;) Thank God and no questions about any proof an babalik ako sa Pinas but may copy din ako nung Fiance visa receipt ko and yung email ng Australian Embassy sa akin;)
    In BNE Airport - No questions at all!;) bat ganun? hehe.. The IO just asked me if i speak Tagalog then i replied yes;) then sabi niya Kumusta ka? is it your first time? Good luck!
    Thank you sa mga tips po. God bless you all!
    @jackyjames_09 hey congrats. welcome to Oz!!! enjoy ur stay..
  • mokona14mokona14 Mandaluyong
    wow congrats po :) hope na kmedin eheheh :) speaking of show money,.kapag defacto po ba ung visa need din po ng show money or magkano po yung kailangan amount ang nasa account ko or account nia,.thanks po sa sasagot :) god bless
    thank you! hmm.. di na po ako nag-show ng money or whatsoever;) di rin naman nag-ask yung mga IO's..;)
    pero kung sakaling tanungin ka and walang mag-sponsor sa iyo make sure that you have enough money na naka-depende din sa length of stay mo, kung may sponsor ka hingi ka ng statutory declaration from your sponsor yun kasi yung ilang requirements na ipinakita ko sa IO dito sa Pinas kaya siguro di na rin nag-ask about may money chorva hehe..
    kung tanungin ka pa din and kung may atm card ka naman, just tell them na you have enough money in your account.
    Good luck! lamig dito ngayon tsk!
  • rosie_sgrosie_sg Singapore
    Congrats Jackyjames_09...pare-pareho tlaga siguro ang experience kapag nasa immigration ka grabe ang kaba mo pero kung confident ka naman saka honest wala ka naman dapat ipagworry. Enjoy vacay!!!
    :) thanks po sa reps,.now lang ulit me nakapag check :) lahat ba pupunta ng immigration??kahit may agent kme,.hahaha now palang kinakabahan na ko,.ask ko na din pala,.before ka mag pasa ng mga requirements need na mag pay ng visa fee???hm po visa feee ng fiance,.thanks in advance:)
  • aiizaaiiza Mandaluyong
    hello magandang araw sainyong lahat bago lang ako dito ask ko lang po ano po mga requirements for fiance visa do i really need 150k para sa bank statement ko? tnx po...
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    Hello, ask ko lang if me nakakaalam dito if pwede mag-invite ang permanent resident visa holder ng friend to visit them in Australia?

Follow your heart but trust your gut.

• SherylSheryl Mandaluyong
    hello everyone im a newbie here, i happen to see your page and i was thinking someone can help me with my questions, thank you in advance...
    i am in the process of applying for a tourist visa, no sponsor, if approved i plan to stay in Australia for one month, here are my questions:
    1) since i applied on my own, when i reach Australia will they ask for my financial capacity to stay for one month?
    2) should i tell them i will stay for one month or i should just tell them that i will stay for one week to avoid further questions?
    3) will they ask for my hotel bookings? i ask this because i have a friend who is willing to accommodate me to her place but she cant act as my sponsor so i just decided to apply for a tourist visa on my own but i will stay in her place while i am there so i do not have hotel booking
    4) are there fees that i will need to pay in Australia airport when i arrived? if yes, how much?

these are for now, hopefully someone can help me..... by the way, this is a cool and informative site
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    Hi

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    Reply to @Sheryl: Hi! Why don't you check www.immi.gov.au and look for the checklist of the things you need to secure upon applying for a tourist visa. For financial capacity, I think it's included in the documents that you need to submit for tourist visa application. And as far as I know you also have to secure an invitation letter from someone residing there.

Regards.

@ gemini sa pagkakaalam ko po pwede,.pero need ma meet ang requirements lalo n po financial,.
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    Pwedeng walang invitation letter? Yes, pwede basta clear yung itinerary mo kagaya sa mga tour packages at ma-meet mo nga ang financial requirements....and also evidence of strong ties to your country of residence like employment certificate, working permit, payslip, etc. check mo na lang sa website na binigay ko yung iba pang documents na kelangan mo i-submit. Here in Indonesia. travel agencies advise visa applicants to have at least existing 40-50 million rupiah (4000-5000 USD) deposit in your bank account for 3 months.

• jaynivejaynive Mandaluyong
    hi sheryl.i will try to answer your question base sa experience ko.case to case cguro mga questions nila pero sa case ko 1st time kong pumunta walang tinanong ang IO sa akin basta sunod lang ako sa sinasabi nila at sa mga tao kung saan pupunta or pipila coz they will scan the luggage before ka makalabas at may tinatanong sila kung ano ang dala mo na base sa kung ano ang bawal dalhin.check mo website nila kung ano ang bawal dalhin.

1. hindi nila ako tinanong regading this kasi cguro nagstay ako sa fiance ko. cguro hingi ka nlang ng invitation letter sa friend mo indicating na doon ka sa kanya magstay.tapos isulat mo ang complete address niya sa arrival form.

2. uhmmmm...if ako cguro i will wait na magtanong sila.1 week lang ba ang nilagay mo sa form nung nag-apply ka?

3. answer #1.hihihi...

4. sa experience ko wala akong binayaran.
  • isolde23isolde23 Quezon City
    hi everyone, Good day! I would just like to ask if hindi naman malaking factor ang pagiging unemployed to be denied of a tourist visa? I'm currently not working kasi, and my sister is inviting me to go to Australia along with my mom, aunt, our other sister & my boyfriend because she will be getting married this December. She has provided us sufficient documents naman that we will include in our application, such as our invitation letters, bank statements (evidence that she can provide/support our stay while we're there), a copy of her receipt for the wedding reception and her tenancy contract. I hope you can answer my inquiry and I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon! :)
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    Hello, hinahanapan pa ba ng travel insurance ang mga tourist visa holder sa immigration?

@gemini23: sa case ko hindi sila naghanap.
  • gemini23gemini23 Win
    oh, case to case basis? Thanks sa reply.

cguro pero wala pa akong nabasa na may nanghingi ng travel insurance when they arrive here in oz.pagdating ko dito ang tinatanong usually kung ano ang dala ko if may prohibited goods ba.hihihi...nung dumating nga ako last week filipino yong IO.hihihi...