Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa? (Yes vs. No)

RiriRiri ManilaPosts: 4Member
Help naman po,

In your own opinion, ito lang ba talaga ang pinaka madaling way para makapasok abroad???

My situation is im not a college graduate, undergraduate me ng bscs. Then graduate po ako sa vocational course ko na 6months na about hospitality. Im planning to get a student visa and i think aged care course and indemand sa AU? (totoo po ba?) pero may mga nababasa po ako na dapat related sa dating course ang dapat, and ang prob ko po is wala din ako budget. Ang solution po ba is mag loan ako? (Student Loan) kaso baka hindi maaprove, wala akong work. 26 na din ako baka magkaprob? Ano po kaya pwde kung gawin? Ayaw ko naman mag labas ang parents ko ng ganun pera para lang doon sa plano ko.

And kung sakali man na nasa AU na ako, madali ba makahanap ng part time jobs. Para makabayad sa loan na gagawin ko.

Other option po na pwde sakin?

Comments

• jpatdyjpatdy North Ryde
    Hi,

It's good na gusto mo makapasok abroad. I'm assuming Australia since nandito ka. I would say yes pero magastos and hindi sigurado. It's a risk pero worth it naman.

I would suggest that you save up money first. First of all, you need tuition fees and then show money sa immigration. This is for applying for student visa in Australia.

May mga vocational courses like Aged Care na mas mura a tuition fee compared to going to a university. If you save up for a semester's fee and about three months of income (although mas malaki dapat sa show money), makaka-survive ka naman. Then part-time jobs should be easy to find within three months. Enough lang ang part-time job to sustain you in Australia but I wouldn't count on it na makaka-save ka. Kung matipid ka talaga and nakakuha ka ng job na maayos naman pasahod, kakayanin din additional tuition fee for next year of schooling.

Whether or not makaka-stay ka permanently after finishing Aged Care course, you'd have to check SOL list. But take note that the list changes every year. So pwedeng nandyan ngayon then next year wala na.

If you do decide to get a student loan, you have to be sure that you graduate well and get a full-time job afterwards, whether as a graduate visa for a year or sponsorship or PR, then you will be able to easily pay off the loan.

Another way is to get someone to sponsor you. Of course, if you're in Australia na, it's much easier to find someone to sponsor especially if nasa SOL list yung job na ssponsor ka. But it's not easy ha. Paghihirapan and patient ka dapat.

So in other words, you'll have to take a risk pero hindi impossible. Also, don't worry about the age, ok pa yung age mo.

Pwede magtanong, why do you want to study in Australia, what's your ultimate goal? Bukod sa pera, is there anything else na tingin mo is keeping you from pursuing it?

Tingin mo, magagawa ba itong suggestion? Sana nakatulong.
  • RiriRiri Manila
    @jpatdy Thanks po sa pag reply. I think po kasi parang wala akong career dito sa Philippines ang hirap humanap ng work puro may mga requirements na etc. kailangan ganyan ka ganun ka, lalo na hanap nila aristahin ang datingan
  • changeiscomingchangeiscoming Dickson
    @Riri i dont think thats the case here in the Phils na artistahin ang hanap. Dpende na din cguro on what job you are looking for here.

And i agree on everything that @jpatdy said.
  • AAA_AUSAAA_AUS Australia
    Riri: Aged care is not an option to migrate or obtain a work (graduate Visa) after graduating. There is also no benefit to you back in the Philippines.
    However if you want to consider Disability, there are options for you. send me an email at [email protected] and I will respond with the possibilities for you
  • RiriRiri Manila
    @changeiscoming cguro nga mali lang talaga mga inaapplyan ko, hays. mdjo putol yung comment ko, nag apply na din kc aq abroad pero may mga need din na 2-3yrs experience etc.
  • RiriRiri Manila
    @AAA_AUS hindi naman po sa aged care ang tinatarget ko kung baga option lang po if ano much better. pero thanks din po
  • tootiestooties Mandaluyong
    @Riri ill add lng ha kasi concerned ako..hirap mag loan for studies here tapos di sure yung pathway mo for PR or sponsorship especially as wala k experience and yung education mo di inline sa skills shortage sa Australia. Sinasabi ko ito kasi I personally met a lot of fellow filipinos here in Melbourne n almost the same sa situation mo.

Study a new course n inline sa skills shortage nang Australia usually this are Bachelor Degree course about 2yrs depende sa Credit nang school then apply temporary graduate visa work 1yr then apply independent PR visa. This a long and tedious process not to mention super mahal. Theres a risk also that the course you will br studying in the 3yrs will no longer be there though..

As to Aged Care, if your planning to go that route its pointless to be honest since at the end you dont have any pathway for PR for that kasi walang shortage sa aged care worker unless Registered Nurse k thats a different story, RN is supposedly based on statistics espected to have skills shortage until 2025 so better chance. Again need to study bachelor degree if non related course from phil about 2-3yrs depende ilang units ang credited by the school from your education in the Phil. But for sure you have a pathway for PR then eventual Citizenship.

But ultimately funds will determine your pathway could afford to risk a lot of money. having it as loan is not advisable as when your studying here in AUS your income from part time or casual jobs could barely support your needs like rent, food, transpo and others. So for sure di k pa makabayad utang nyan.

So make sure you think it over and over before taking the jump. its not impossible but its going to take a lot ot time, effort, and cash.

Sorry if you feel I am discouraging you I am not. Its just that I dont want you to experience what the people I have met who came to Australia without a concrete plan. They ended up shuffling from one student visa to another because they cant come home with their huge debts.

Whatever option or pathway you decide to take make sure that it has a pathway for PR.

Thats all. Goodluck