Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Nursing Graduate

2»

Comments

• ozwishfulozwishful Philippines
    Hi @tooties . Thank you. You were indeed very informative.
    So are you saying that it will be really very risky for me to take either options?
  • tootiestooties Mandaluyong
    @ozwishful Every decision you make is a risk. either choice have their own pros and cons. its up to you to make informed decisions. but dont take my word for it. do more research too..i might be wrong in regards to hospitality, there might be options there that I dont know as I am only speaking from experiences of those that I have met in the hospitality industry.
  • lady_mailady_mai philippines
    Hi, tooties. I also have the same issue. I graduated 2010 and had my Nurse License 2011. Had only 6 months experience. But went to EU and was able to do so volunteer jobs there. Do you think it is best to take the Graduate entry for BSN its a 2 year course or 3-year BSN?
    @tooties thanks. Yes I'm doing some research and asking some people as well based on their experience. Thanks so much for your help.
  • tootiestooties Mandaluyong
    @lady_mai My advise is pretty much the same as what I said to @ozwishful..Go to the program that will accept you as each of them have their own criteria and they will eventually decided if you could the program or not,They will assess you for the program based on your school curriculum and experience and both program will lead to APHRA RN registration but obviously one is cheaper as its shorter. I cant give a clear answer as what would be better for you as I did a bridging course that is only 3 months long but I do have 5yrs continous exp which qualified me for the program. Its on a case to case basis.

More or less after the you get your APHRA RN registration you will have the same circumstance as @ozwishful in terms of looking for sponsorship for 457 and PR application.
  • janinleejaninlee Sydney
    @ozwishful I graduated in 2009 with less than 1 year working exp sa pinas. I did the bachelor
    of nursing here in Au for 2 years. Now I got PR and working in a private hospital. Mahirap na po makahanap nang 457 sponsors ngayon lalo na less ang work experience. Tama si @tooties employers prefer to sponsor UK, NZ etc nurses. Hindi na rin masyado malaki shortage nang mga RNs dito kasi nag-aaral na ang mga locals.. Based on my experience sure pathway ang bachelor of nursing though it is very expensive but it's all worth it in the end.

SVP Subclass 573 with dependent
    January 2014- arrived Australia
    March 2014- Classes start
    December 2015- finished uni.
    December 2015- Lodged subclass 485 visa, Medical exams cleared.
    February 2016- 485 Visa Granted
    March 2016- skills assessment application submitted
    May 4 2016- positive skills assessment
    May 16 2016- Lodged EOI (60 points)
    May 24 2016- ITA subclass 189
    June 4 2016- lodged subclass 189
    June 14 2016- CO allocation (team Adelaide)
    ***********waiting for the golden GRANT*********

To God be the glory!!

@janinlee thanks for your advice. But what do you mean mahirap ng makahanap ng 457 sponsors ngayon?
    What are the conditions or reasons para Hindi sya maging mahirap, aside of course Na less or without experience Sa Philippines?
    So pano yung mga hopefuls for this pathway if mahirap Na makahanap ng 457 sponsors? What other options that you can suggest? Thanks in advance
  • Calie24Calie24 Philippines
    edited October 2016
    Hi everyone, Good day! any advice for a state or University that has low cost of living and tuition fee for a PH/RN - AU/RN Conversion course?

Thank you in advance for the help and for creating this wonderful page with the discussions that are really helping a lot of people.
  • psalms5110psalms5110 Melbourne
    Hi, asking for a friend... she graduated BSN in PH but has no license, and has no Nursing experience, 10years na xang napunta sa ibang field. Question is, if she is planning a nursing course here, where should she start? should it be for 3years na BSN course?

261311 - Analyst Programmer

1/26/2015 - Ielts Preparation
    07/31/2015 - IELTS, LRWS - 8.5, 8.5, 7, 6.5
    11/21/2015 - IELTS, LRWS - 9,9,6.5,7
    12/15/2015 - Submitted documents for ACS
    12/21/2015 - PTE A LRWS - 76, 83, 90, 66
    1/21/2016 - ACS result, favorable, 2yrs deduction
    1/26/2016 - EOI Visa 189 60points
    1/29/2016 - EOI Visa 190 65 points
    03/09/2016 - Invitation to Apply NSW
    03/13/2016 - Lodged NSW Sponsorship application
    03/17/2016 - Received ITA Visa 190
    03/21/2016 - Son's Medical Exam at St Luke's
    03/22/2016 - My Medical Exam at St Luke's
    04/04/2016 - Hubby's Medical Exam at St Luke's
    04/10/2016 - Lodge Visa
    05/23/2016 - Visa Grant! DG!
    07/2016 - Go to Sydney
    03/2017 - IED

Chasing dreams, it is. Summoning all strength and praying on this run.

• gracecalazangracecalazan cavite
    hello guys, i have the same questions as everybody else :) since enrolling to a bridging program is very expensive and very risky, mahirap na ba talaga makahanap ng work sa AU ngaun? since ung mga mag bridging course is allowed to stay mga 3-4 mos lang, so by the time na need na um-exit dapat nakakuha na ng sponsor/employer para mabawi din ung nagamit for enrolment. Also want to ask if advantage din ba ung clinical experience? i've been working as an ER Nurse for almost 8 years now without gaps. Thank you guys! :)
  • diazepamiediazepamie philippines
    @gracecalazan since u have an extensive clinical experience po. Mas maganda if bridging na lang..higher chances po na ma employ kayo kasi ilang taon na kayo nagwowork

registered nurse nec (254499)

• Rmdee_1819261Rmdee_1819261 Philippines
    Hi guys!

Registered nurse ako dito phil with 6yrs experience. Balak ko pumunta ng australia at mag aral. How many years pa kaya kelangan ko and how much yung tuition fee kung sakali? Anong visa kukunin ko? Student din po?
    Marites_47
  • iamlen26iamlen26 Doha
    BSN graduate ako pero hindi RN..pagnag aral ako ng BSN dyan sa AU mga ilang years kaya? balak ko mag apply ng student visa kasi.

Napunta kasi ako sa admin works eh. Mga ilang years kaya pag BSN pwede din ba sa conversion program kahit hindi ako RN and no exp sa hospital.
  • butterflybutterfly Sydney, Australia
    @Rmdee_1819261 you may opt to have the 3 months bridging program. Tuition fee is between 12k-15k AUD. 6 years exp is already good enough. May additional 10 points ka na niyan for PR application.

"With God, everything is possible".

• butterflybutterfly Sydney, Australia
    @iamlen26 if ur not a RN, u need to have the 2 years program, well atleast in Flinders Uni. I'm not sure with other Unis.

"With God, everything is possible".

• priyapriya Dubai
    Hello... pwd po mag ask regarding sa Nirsing conversion course? Yung tuition fee ba nun isnone time babayaran? ... nasa Dubai po ako, planning to get a student visa for Australia
  • Dar26Dar26 Saudi Arabia
    edited January 2017
    Hi guys..

BSN graduated po ako sa pinas. Nagwowork po ako ngayon dito sa Saudi for almost 15 year na. Gusto ko sana kumuha or mag-aral ng master degree dyan sa Au. Ask ko lang po kung need ko pa mag aral ng BSN dyan bago ako makapag master degree. Thanks !
  • CasseyCassey Melbourne, Australia
    @priya Hi, i think depende sa school. Yung sa amin 2 instalments. :)

June 16, 2013 Arrival in Melbourne (AGED CARE)
    Nov 12, 2014 Changed Visa Subclass (572->573) and Course
    Nov 13, 2014 573 Visa Approved
    Mar 2015 Nursing Conversion Course (Deakin Uni) started
    April 13, 2016 Lodged EOI thru Skill Select
    April 27, 2016 Received invitation to apply for Visa 189 (Nurse)
    May 2, 2016 Lodged application for 189 Visa (Onshore)
    May 11, 2016 CO contacted for Form 80/Medicals of daughter
    June 17, 2016 189 VISA GRANTED Thank you my amazing God :)

Dec14, 2017 Citizenship application
    March 21, 2019 Citizenship Ceremony :)

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."

• kymmekymme Western Australia
    @Dar26 yung 15 years sa saudi, RN po ba un? if yes, then go for bridging program. masters dito $1-2/hour lang difference from a regular RN na wlang masters degree.

Registered Nurse Nec

06/15 - touchdown Oz
    07/15 - start of classes (Bachelor in Nursing)
    05/16 - passed OET (after 4 failed attempts with IELTS and PTE)
    07/16 - finished uni
    07/16 - received AHPRA Australian Registered Nurse rego
    08/16 - student visa 500 (Diploma)
    10/16 - started working as an RN

07/09/17 - Submitted EOI for State Nom Vic with 60points

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

• qwinnieqwinnie philippines
    Hello po...nag inquire po aq yesterday sa amsbridgeblue going to australia. My situation po is i graudated bs nursing 2012 po and got my prc liscence feb 2013. Tapos po pumunta po aq ng dubai oct.2013 but fortunately di po aq nakahanap ng work related sa course q.nagwork po aq sa sales for 4 years.so definitely i dont have any experince as a nurse. Gusto q po pumunta at magaral sa australia. Sabi po sa agency kung kukunin q po yung aged care lang (kasi yun yung pinakamura or easiest way rather than going to university).eh mahihirapan aq/or di aq pede mag apply for bridging. 2nd advice sakin ng uncle q sa au os mag uni aq for 2 years and sure na after pr na aq. But sobrang mahal daw ng tuition fee. Sa nsw ang uncle q and sabi nya mas mura daw yung australian catholic university.ano po va pede q kunin na course and ano po mganda gawin...salamat po sa inyong lahat.
  • aishee5aishee5 Victoria
    @qwinnie tama ang uncle mo dapat talaga mag aral ka ng 2 year bachelor course para sure ang pathway mo sa australia. Sabi ng mga friends ko na nasa oz na, useless lng daw kung mag aged care lang kase di ka din magiging PR in the future and baka maka uwe ka lang din.
  • qwinnieqwinnie philippines
    @aishee5 hello po sure po ba yun na pag nag 2 years course automatic ba pr ka na kagad.. sabi q nga sa uncle q kasi daw yung iba aged care muna tas magiipon para makpasok sa uni. Sabi q edi bakit pa mag aged care diretso na sa uni if may budget nmn. Ask q lang din po kaya kayang mag study at the same time part time kahit isang work lang to support the basic needs. And mostly how many days po ba pasok in a week sa school.
    @qwinnie pag 2 yrs nursing bachelor course kase aabot na yung points na need for PR. Regarding part time work and school days d ko pa alam kase im still applying dn.
  • CasseyCassey Melbourne, Australia
    edited January 2017
    @qwinnie I agree with @aishee5 Based on our experience, its best to enrol in Nursing straight away. Maghanap ka ng uni na nagooffer ng 1yr na conversion course instead of 2 yrs. Yung PR, as long as di magbabago ng rules and as long as mamemeet mo yung points, i would say na guaranteed. Pwedeng pwede kang magpart time work habang nagstudy. May choice ka namang pumili ng sched mo sa uni. Di nga lang kakasya sa tuition yung kikitain mo kasi you're only allowed to work 20hrs a week, talagang need na may baon ka kung hindi man buong pangtuition eh part of it. Goodluck to you both! :)

June 16, 2013 Arrival in Melbourne (AGED CARE)
    Nov 12, 2014 Changed Visa Subclass (572->573) and Course
    Nov 13, 2014 573 Visa Approved
    Mar 2015 Nursing Conversion Course (Deakin Uni) started
    April 13, 2016 Lodged EOI thru Skill Select
    April 27, 2016 Received invitation to apply for Visa 189 (Nurse)
    May 2, 2016 Lodged application for 189 Visa (Onshore)
    May 11, 2016 CO contacted for Form 80/Medicals of daughter
    June 17, 2016 189 VISA GRANTED Thank you my amazing God :)

Dec14, 2017 Citizenship application
    March 21, 2019 Citizenship Ceremony :)

"Happy is the person who learns to wait as he prays and never loses his patience, for God's time is the best time."

@Cassey thanks po. :)
  • kymmekymme Western Australia
    @qwinnie yes kaya naman mg work while studying. and to think may uncle ka na matatirhan (assuming free or less lang yung bayad mo s kanya). compared sakin lahat ng bills ako ngbabayad but kaya naman. tipid2 lang talaga. :)

Registered Nurse Nec

06/15 - touchdown Oz
    07/15 - start of classes (Bachelor in Nursing)
    05/16 - passed OET (after 4 failed attempts with IELTS and PTE)
    07/16 - finished uni
    07/16 - received AHPRA Australian Registered Nurse rego
    08/16 - student visa 500 (Diploma)
    10/16 - started working as an RN

07/09/17 - Submitted EOI for State Nom Vic with 60points

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

• honeybhugshoneybhugs baguio
    Paarecommend nman ng school for bachelor na mura lang compare sa deakin and Flinders..
    Thank u