Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Mga Pinoy sa Australia (Filipinos in Australia)

2»

Comments

• BryannBryann Sydney
    Blacktown

Dec 13 2011 - ACS: Suitable (AQF Diploma)
    Feb 03 2012 - IELTS #1 Failed (W-6.5)
    Mar 02 2012 - IELTS #2 Passed
    Apr 21 2012 - 175 Visa Lodged Online
    May 29 2012 - CO Assigned
    Jun 25 2012 - Visa Grant (IED: Dec 14 2012)
    Aug 19 2012 - Arrived in Sydney
    Sept 10 2012 - Start @ 1st Job (Web Developer)

• jackyjames_09jackyjames_09 Makati
    @katie0499 ah talaga po? nice naman..;) sana sa Brissy din..
    i'm so happy na nagtutulungan mga Pinoy sa OZ..
    God bless you all!!
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    ^ Di naman yan malapit sa King's Cross diba? (hehehe I know the place for the wrong reasons)
  • BryannBryann Sydney
    Hehe King's Cross sa Sydney, lilipat ka pa ng train from Blacktown. :D

Dec 13 2011 - ACS: Suitable (AQF Diploma)
    Feb 03 2012 - IELTS #1 Failed (W-6.5)
    Mar 02 2012 - IELTS #2 Passed
    Apr 21 2012 - 175 Visa Lodged Online
    May 29 2012 - CO Assigned
    Jun 25 2012 - Visa Grant (IED: Dec 14 2012)
    Aug 19 2012 - Arrived in Sydney
    Sept 10 2012 - Start @ 1st Job (Web Developer)

Hi there!;) Im here na po sa Brisbane.. 2days pa lang ako ;) sana may taga-Brissy diyan.. para may maging friends naman po ako here, wala din kasi kami halos kapitbahay ;)
    nag-gala kami kahapon sa Gold coast, wala ako nakitang Filipino/Filipina pa hehe
    Gold Coast po walang pinoy?? Taga doon yung kaklase ko marami rami rin naman Pinoy daw hehe
    ahhh di lang nagpakita sakin.. nyahahah
  • chiffonscarfchiffonscarf Dubai
    dipende sa state, dito sa ACT kaunti lang ang pinoy pero makakakita ka pa rin na pinoy lalo na sa mall. Minsan mararamdaman mo na pinoy kahit maraming mga asian dito. Mas mababait ang mga pinoy dito. umattend ka sa mga christian church baka matyempuhan mo may pinoy.
    Speaking of christian church, meron po bang fellowship church jan sa ACT? Yesterday as I searched online, I come across Canberra Christian Fellowship.Thanking you in advance.

The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and He adds no trouble to it.- Proverbs 10:22

ANZSCO Code 225311 Public Relations Professional
    Job categories: Media and Communications
    **State Sponsorship ACT (Canberra - Visa 190) (5 Points)
    **Vetassess Grant : 8.6 years assessed positive (15 Points) Jesus, Thank you, finally!

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points
    Qualification (Bachelor) - 15 Points
    VET Skill Assessment - 15 Points
    English Skills - 10 Points ( Claim na kay Lord! ) PTE July 2017
    Nomination - 5 Points (ACT 190)

***TOTAL - 60 points ( Claim na kay Lord!

Your Glory God is what our hearts long for !

• ocean_pacificocean_pacific Sydney
    I'm looking for a 3 bedroom house/flat/apt.. in sydney mortdale area. anybody can help?
  • 021607021607 Sydney
    Hi there!;) Im here na po sa Brisbane.. 2days pa lang ako ;) sana may taga-Brissy diyan.. para may maging friends naman po ako here, wala din kasi kami halos kapitbahay ;)
    nag-gala kami kahapon sa Gold coast, wala ako nakitang Filipino/Filipina pa hehe
    hi there! i am Brisbane-based too. :) Been here since March with my husband and son :)
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sef_Gonzales -murderer! na google ko famous filipinos in australia! eto lumabas..hahahaha!!

nasa google..sa blacktown city here in nsw talaga pinaka maraming pilipino! number 3 pa la tayo biggest asian migrant in australia.. china and vietnam 1 and 2 respectively.

there are also 60+% pinays here compared to only 35% male pinoys..it didn't say if married or not but with those stats it is highly likely that if you get married here it would of other nationality na.

to comment po with regards to one of the earlier comment.. kahit saan ka mapunta there would be filipinos who are nice and there are also those that should be best avoided. i don't know why but there are filipinos whose first question to you instead of asking how are you is how much do you earn...and from that answer they would base their attitude towards you. i've also met filipinos who use to tell me while living in new zealand while my husband was in the philippines that meron na ung mistress and that i was a bad parent for leaving my daughter behind.. very very disheartening po to listen to those things specially from filipinos who should understand sana what it is to be an OFW. i've had more support from my white colleagues..surprising as it may sound kasi hindi talaga normal for them na mag migrate without the family.

we met a filipino guy that when 1 friend bought a car..he bought an old 90s bmw..even though he really couldn't afford it. another friend bought a samsung s2..he bought an iphone 4s.. and still on credit.. di ko maintindihan kung bakit..but he really want to compete kahit di naman nya ma afford na and he loved to brag about it and put you down like ung naka S2..he would say bad things about it and his iphone 4s was better..and other instances.

i've met filipinos who use to tell my bakit naka daycare ung anak ko ..why don't i get my mom to look after her.. without even knowing my mom is a doctor-businesswoman and has a life of her own. di p responsibility ng magulang natin to look after our own kids.. di naman bad mag daycare..i just don't know bakit may mga taong makitid ang utak.

for awhile talaga that turned me off to filipino communities kahit sa church ..i actually went out of my way to find a church WITHOUT any filipinos kasi kahit sa simbahan puro chismis..nakaka turn off po.

bumalik lang ako to filipino gatherings when i met people na di chismis ung pinag-uusapan and that took awhile.. it takes awhile to find real people who are non-judgemental. trial and error kung baga.. i've learned na if someone gossips about other people to you it probably means those people are not very trustworthy din..kasi what is the assurance that they will not gossip about you when you are not there.

so may pros and cons about seeking filipino groups din. not all filipinos have the best intention at heart and that comes from where they come from in life din. my friend who was a lawyer back home and comes from a prominent family use to say.. kasi low profile po sila when they migrated kasi back to school po sila (full tuition pa nga eh) .. and people didn't know how prominent they were back home. na some people like to brag alot specially when they get to another country specially if na una sila compared to you even though socially and financially and even emotionally they will never be your equal.. just let them be kasi ngayon lang ung moment nila to "shine".

and it's up to us to decide if we want those people in our life or not.

..just a thought po;)
  • kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    @li_i_ren, just maybe i am missing something from ur cuento. all those attitudes u happened to experience in NZ?

sorry & sad to say, pls excuse me, bec u might think i'm kinda arrogant. of course not. but it will be kinda scary for me to deal w/ such lowly ones who have nothing else to do but to talk negatively about people behind their backs. fine w/ me people who brag around their possessions. huwag lang nila ako uutangan. hehehe! foul sa akin yan. i know a lot of people who are nouveau riche who can handle their wealth & on a low profile, but sorry to say more are trying to live beyond their means just to reach a certain niche in the society. pretty good, whoever u are or whatever u have attained, stay humble. insecurities are just for a few who are still searching for their identities. that's also fine but to put someone else's name in jeopardy, :P

... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    @kenkoy yup in nz po yan.. there are heaps of filipinos in nz too in response po to someone who posted about filipinos in singapore din also na masama ung ugali (check sa earlier comments po) . pero meron na din akong na meet na ganyan dito sa oz, first meeting pa lang ask agad, mag kano sweldo mu/ anong work ng hubby mu/ etc..

true pud ung advice mu na stay humble kahit what you achieve in life but sometimes i don't know why.. alot of nouveau rich CAN'T handle their new found financial standing and are also the ones who are more prone to crab mentality specially to those new arrival/ new migrants.

like they have forgotten how it was when they first started also.. how hard it was..and what they had to sacrifice.. and i feel that they should be more understanding kasi they have been there before but unfortunately they don't do that.

anyway, just sharing po something i experience as a new migrant to a foreign country with regards to the filipino community i met.. pero in fairness po din, i've met some really genuine filipino people din.

like i said, trial and error mag hanap ng friends sa labas:)
  • kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    edited October 2012
    like i said, trial and error mag hanap ng friends sa labas:)
    i agree! ang hirap din noh. u tend to be judgemental & be on toes lagi. whatever. siguro as people walk-in & walk-out of our lives, it's still our own virtues that matter whoever we are with. but in my own way, i guess i can fairly manage my own network. this. law of attraction. ;)

... is on dependent visa. main applicant code 261313; 175 e-lodged june 6, 2011; visa grant mar 13, 2012; NSW-based.

• spykes78spykes78 North Ryde
    @li_i_ren ako din can relate to what you are saying and it is true trial and error to find a trustworthy person. I agree with u also kenkoy, it is our virtues that matter at the end of the day. May kasabihan nga, be like a bamboo, the taller it grows the lower it bends, unfortunately some are the opposite.
  • TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    @li_i_ren: natawa ako dito:
    first meeting pa lang ask agad, mag kano sweldo mu/ anong work ng hubby mu/ etc..
    turn off itong mga to... to be honest, you don't have any business to ask these types of questions. more so if you have just met the person! :)

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

• MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    We were inside a church in Sydney when a Pinay approached us asking if we too were kabayans. We could see the enthusiasm in her face. Kami naman ni misis, since daming pinoy dito sa dubai, keber lang and usual na kamustahan at kwentuhan lang ang ginawa namin. Nasasabik nga raw si ate na makakita ng kababayan.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013

• aldousnowaldousnow Sydney
    antivirus, pandora
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sef_Gonzales -murderer! na google ko famous filipinos in australia! eto lumabas..hahahaha!!

nasa google..sa blacktown city here in nsw talaga pinaka maraming pilipino! number 3 pa la tayo biggest asian migrant in australia.. china and vietnam 1 and 2 respectively.

there are also 60+% pinays here compared to only 35% male pinoys..it didn't say if married or not but with those stats it is highly likely that if you get married here it would of other nationality na.

to comment po with regards to one of the earlier comment.. kahit saan ka mapunta there would be filipinos who are nice and there are also those that should be best avoided. i don't know why but there are filipinos whose first question to you instead of asking how are you is how much do you earn...and from that answer they would base their attitude towards you. i've also met filipinos who use to tell me while living in new zealand while my husband was in the philippines that meron na ung mistress and that i was a bad parent for leaving my daughter behind.. very very disheartening po to listen to those things specially from filipinos who should understand sana what it is to be an OFW. i've had more support from my white colleagues..surprising as it may sound kasi hindi talaga normal for them na mag migrate without the family.

we met a filipino guy that when 1 friend bought a car..he bought an old 90s bmw..even though he really couldn't afford it. another friend bought a samsung s2..he bought an iphone 4s.. and still on credit.. di ko maintindihan kung bakit..but he really want to compete kahit di naman nya ma afford na and he loved to brag about it and put you down like ung naka S2..he would say bad things about it and his iphone 4s was better..and other instances.

i've met filipinos who use to tell my bakit naka daycare ung anak ko ..why don't i get my mom to look after her.. without even knowing my mom is a doctor-businesswoman and has a life of her own. di p responsibility ng magulang natin to look after our own kids.. di naman bad mag daycare..i just don't know bakit may mga taong makitid ang utak.

for awhile talaga that turned me off to filipino communities kahit sa church ..i actually went out of my way to find a church WITHOUT any filipinos kasi kahit sa simbahan puro chismis..nakaka turn off po.

bumalik lang ako to filipino gatherings when i met people na di chismis ung pinag-uusapan and that took awhile.. it takes awhile to find real people who are non-judgemental. trial and error kung baga.. i've learned na if someone gossips about other people to you it probably means those people are not very trustworthy din..kasi what is the assurance that they will not gossip about you when you are not there.

so may pros and cons about seeking filipino groups din. not all filipinos have the best intention at heart and that comes from where they come from in life din. my friend who was a lawyer back home and comes from a prominent family use to say.. kasi low profile po sila when they migrated kasi back to school po sila (full tuition pa nga eh) .. and people didn't know how prominent they were back home. na some people like to brag alot specially when they get to another country specially if na una sila compared to you even though socially and financially and even emotionally they will never be your equal.. just let them be kasi ngayon lang ung moment nila to "shine".

and it's up to us to decide if we want those people in our life or not.

..just a thought po;)
    pataasan ng ihi talaga yung iba.. o well.
    basta motto ko talaga "stay humble and handsome" lang. :D

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)
    Nominated Occupation : Developer Programmer (261312)
    02/28/2011 - ACS Finalized the Case (261312, PIM3, Group A)
    03/07/2011 - IELTS Result Received L- 6.5, R-7.0, W-6.0, S-7.0, Overall Band Score-6.5 (BC)
    03/13/2011 - Lodged Visa Application (Online)
    11/09/2011 - CO Allocation
    12/02/2011 - Medicals Finalised
    12/02/2011 - FINISH LINE!! (Visa Grant)
    03/23/2012 - My first day @Melbourne
    04/14/2012 - Started looking for a .Net Developer job
    06/04/2012 - And finally got one! :)

• kenkoykenkoy Sydney
    @aldousnow parang "talo kayo sa lolo ko" lang ang peg. :D i'd rather be silent & remain humble in the midst of "talo kayo sa lolo ko moment." i don't think i need someone or an object to affirm or reaffirm my niche in socio-eco level.

• johnandjoshjohnandjosh Brisbane
    @li_i_ren: natawa ako dito:
    first meeting pa lang ask agad, mag kano sweldo mu/ anong work ng hubby mu/ etc..
    turn off itong mga to... to be honest, you don't have any business to ask these types of questions. more so if you have just met the person! :)
    @psychoboy this is true and it also happened to me and my wife. We were invited to a dinner by one of our friends. Etong babaeng ito bisita rin sya ng friend namin. Ipinakilala sa amin and the first questions she asked e "saan kayo nakatira?" at "saan ka nagw work? ano trabaho mo?" magkano income mo?" Feeling ko kung hindi maganda ang tinitirhan namin at trabaho wala kaming karapatan para maging kaibigan nya. Shocked ako sa mga tanong nya. She never even asked kung kumusta na kami o taga saan kami sa 'pinas?. Turned off talaga.

Well, this lady happens to be notorious sa kagaspangan ng ugali. Madami pala syang nakakaaway dito. Salamat at once lang namin syang na-meet.

• 021607021607 Sydney
    @johnandjosh - natawa ako sa kwento mo ha. grabe naman siya magtanong. hahahaha!
    Grabe namang yun kung una itatanong sayo e suweldo hehe...where's the interaction in that hehe

I guess it pays to look for pinoys online first...mababait naman mga tao sa forum diba hehe :P
  • MetaformMetaform Melbourne
    edited October 2012
    Can't be helped. Our beloved Pinas has always been an oppressed country stuck in neck-deep poverty and corruption, kaya pakiramdam ng iba na nakaalis doon ay they're better than others (commonly known as crab mentality). Mabuti pa yung mga dumaan ng pagiging OFW sa ibang bansa medyo naka-adjust na from poverty at nakahalubilo na sa ibang lahi kaya bawas na ang culture-shock. That's just my opinion though.

Addendum: Actually, a Welshman colleague once told me na kapag may na-meet syang ibang briton dito sa Dubai, titingnan nila ang isa't isa from head to toe and they think to themselves, "anong ginagawa kaya nito dito? Siguro walang makuhang trabaho ito sa Britain." So, I guess we're not alone in this phenomenon.

CO and Visa Grant: 9 Oct 2012
    The beginning of the rest of our lives: January 4, 2013

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    @Metaform Na-feel ko yan nung nasa Oz ako for a short vacation. Para kasing wala akong nakikitang Pinoy, meron man pa-isa isa tas pag may chance kinakausap ko. Marami akong nakitang Asians like Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai and Indonesians, pero Pinoy bihira ko nakita doon.

Follow your heart but trust your gut.

• silvresilvre Quezon City
    edited November 2012
    sharing lang for those in Victoria.. i was able to pull some information from the Australian Bureau of Statistics website using their TableBuilder tool to find out which suburbs had the most Filipinos (pati na rin number of Indian, Chinese and Vietnamese). Pinakamarami pala sa Caroline Springs followed by Tarneit, St. Albans tapos Hoppers Crossing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wife primary applicant
    26-Apr-2012 ACS positive assessment for 261111 ICT Business Analyst (Me)
    15-May-2012 ACS positive assessment for 261313 Software Engineer (Wife)
    27-Jun-2012 DIAC Skilled Independent175 Visa application submitted
    12-Sep-2012 DIAC Skilled Independent 175 Visa granted
    05-Mar-2013 Tentative date of departure to Melbourne
    Wow...base sa stats na nahanap ni @silvre , marami rami na rin pala Pinoy sa VIC...very comparable population natin sa ibang malalaking nationalities tulad ng Indian at Chinese hehe