Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Store Items

Davidx23Davidx23 BrisbanePosts: 229Member
I went yesterday sa Filipino store in the Valley (itago na lang sa pangalang 'Best Buds'). I was hoping to find a del monte tomato sauce to cook some menudo for this Easter only to find expired products. So today's Apr 2019, I checked all del monte packs and found the expiry date was Feb 2019. Even the del monte pasta sauce range was expired. So I guess I'll just use pure tomatoes. Or probably what doesn't kill you will make you stronger?! Haha.

Do you guys check for expiry dates on food items when buying in Fil stores? I've ask the store clerk and remember them mentioning that it's all good for 2-4 more months. Hmm, I guess the Phils nowadays use some heavy duty industrial strength preservatives - thank you for the cancer :)

Comments

• agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    good alternative is the Aussie's tomato sauce.

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!

• BrizyFiloBrizyFilo Brisbane
    edited April 2019
    Obviously it is located in Brisbane.
    I agree with you. Most of their products kung hindi expired ay closer na sa expiration date.
    Wala silang quality checker or taga audit kung anu-anong products ang dpat ng tangalin sa shelves. Well, we do not have other options. If I were you, just buy in Wollies or Coles kesa malason sa expired na products.

261313 Software Engineer| 189 | Age: 30 pts | Education: 15 pts | Australian Experience: 5 pts | Overseas Experience: 10 pts | NAATI CCL: 5 pts | English: 10 pts | Total: 75 pts

EOI Lodge Date: 4 Jan 2018
    EOI Effective Date: 21 Dec 2018
    Invitation received: 11 Jan 2019
    CO contact: 16 Apr 2019
    Responded to CO: 25 Apr 2019
    189 Granted: 05 Jul 2019

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Perth, WA
    @Davidx23 We always check the expiration dates of Filipino products when we buy in these stores. I agree with what you observed. Totoong may mga products that are beyond their expiry and aware ata ung owners.

I googled the word expiration dates and came up with an article saying about "best before" and "use by". "Best before" may not necessarily be harmful after the date kaso ung physical properties like texture and taste. Then, "use by" means do not use it after that date. Sa best before, depends pa rin. Consume at your own risk.

Sa alternatives naman sa tomato sauce, kalasa lang nung pasta sauce ung tomato sauce naten. Try mo ung mga bottled pasta sauce sa coles or woolies, ung generic with basil and onion or ung with onion lang. Mas marami pa kesa sa del monte and mas mura. Cheers