Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• ickasantosickasantos Philippines
    @caienri Hello! Thanks for replying!

Mas recent yung early childhood ko na employment. Would that be a problem?

I left my middle school employment last 2013. My cousin called up AITSL this morning and asked about it. They told her that they have a middle school assessment but it could be covered by secondary. So you're right in saying that they will consider my middle school work experience.

What documents do they usually ask for when they "verify" your work experience under SkillSelect? Would you know? Did you get an SES after getting an approved status for your skills assessment? Sorry ang dami kong tanong :D
  • caienricaienri Sydney
    @ickasantos

It’s okay to ask

you need to submit employment cert with job description and payslips

When you apply for skills assessment, there’s a part there if you want to get employment assessment.
    So isang application n Lang but two results
  • ickasantosickasantos Philippines
    @caienri thanks again!

May I know what type of visa you applied for? was it PR 189 or 190?
  • caienricaienri Sydney
  • kiteanokiteano Philippines
    Good day,

I would like to seek for your advice re: migration application especially the assessment part.

I have preschool and grade school experience but I am now currently teaching high school. My bachelor's course but non-educ but I passed licensure exams. I also have completed coursework units in SpEd but shifted to a different educ course for MA.

I believe my chances of migrating are better with my preschool and SpEd units. However they are not my current job/study. Does AITSL assess current.
  • yrsb06yrsb06 Posts: 16Member

Hello po sa mga teachers moving to AU! :)

• bbtotbbtot Philippines
    Hello po teachers! I hope someone can give me a head start kung papaano kayo nag-start ng teaching journey nyo sa Aus. Nakakuha po ba kayo agad ng license and nagturo agad? I read na may classification and depende rin sa status mo eh. NSW 489 visa holder here by the way. Thanks in advance sa mga sasagot :)
  • Elm25Elm25 Posts: 2Member

Good day.

I would like to ask if anyone could share a sample supervised teaching practice certification letter. My university asked me if I could provide a sample. I am planning to lodge an skills assessment for secondary school teacher for AITSL this coming December.

By the way, this site shares a lot of valuable information for those who wish to migrate in Australia. I'm glad I came across this site. :)

• FearFactory_17FearFactory_17 Posts: 109Member

@Elm25 said:
    Good day.

I would like to ask if anyone could share a sample supervised teaching practice certification letter. My university asked me if I could provide a sample. I am planning to lodge an skills assessment for secondary school teacher for AITSL this coming December.

By the way, this site shares a lot of valuable information for those who wish to migrate in Australia. I'm glad I came across this site. :)

Ok na IELTS mo? 8 for speaking and listening.

*May 2016 -Heard one friend sharing stories about Australia
    -Had my research the ff.day about my job opportunity in Australia
    -Become aware about PTE, ANZSCO and VETASSESS
    *Sept.2016 - 1st attempt of PTE (Dubai). LRSW = 83/71/76/83
    *Dec.2016 - Submitted docs to VETASSESS for Skills Assessment
    *Feb.2017 - Positive result from VETASSESS
    (Only chance of EOI was in SA which require high points for a 489 visa)
    *Mar.2017 - 2nd attempt of PTE (Phil). LRSW = 86/76/65/90 (unsuccessful to get superior)
    *Nov.2017- I turned 40, which means minus 10 pts. =(
    - Started to lose hope and forget my Aus dream for a while
    *July 2018 - NT, SA and Tasmania were open
    - I needed to get a superior score from PTE
    *Aug. 2018 - 3rd attempt of PTE (Dubai). LRSW = 57/69/84/56 (scores were awful)
    (Despite my scores, I am determined and wont stop til i get that superior)
    *Oct.2018 - 4th attempt of PTE (Phil). LRSW = 79/90/83/86 (at last!)
    *Nov.2018 - EOI Northern Territory, Tasmania and SA
    *Aug.1, 2019 - Northern Territory ITA
    *Aug.7, 2019 - Official NT Skillselect ITA (Hired MA for visa lodging)
    *Aug.20, 2019 - Lodged Visa
    (Whatever the outcome is, life goes on & Im forever grateful to the Lord)
    *Nov.18, 2019 - 489 Visa direct grant

Thank you Lord

• ed1982ed1982 China

Good Day! My wife is an English teacher here in China for more than 3 years but she graduated as communication arts . Any chance she can get a positive assessment?

ANZCODE - 261311 - ANALYST PROGRAMMER
    8 AUG 2019 - PTE - 80/80/80/85
    12 AUG 2019 - ACS POSITIVE
    12 AUG 2019 - SUBMITTED 189/190 - 75/80
    17-JUN-2020 - TOOK NAATI EXAM TO GET ADDITIONAL 5 POINTS - WAITING FOR RESULTS
    21-JUN-2020 - POSITIVE NAATI RESULTS
    21-JUN-2020 - UPDATE EOI 189/190 - 80/85
    05-AUGUST-2020 - WIFE TO TAKE PTE TO GET ADDITIONAL 5 POINTS
    TARGET TOTAL POINTS BY AUGUST 2020 - 85/90

• leasalazarleasalazar Posts: 2Member

Good day everyone!

I filed my skill assessment 3 days ago. I feel that the changes in the NOV 2019 points allocation is a sign that I should push through with the application.

I am a secondary teacher here in the Philippines and would like to ask those who had their visas approved. Has anyone landed a teaching job, say secondary, in AU? Yun yung qualms ko a bout this applpication. Parang nakakatako yata mag turo abroad?

bbtot
  • bbtotbbtot Philippines

@leasalazar said:
    Good day everyone!

I filed my skill assessment 3 days ago. I feel that the changes in the NOV 2019 points allocation is a sign that I should push through with the application.

I am a secondary teacher here in the Philippines and would like to ask those who had their visas approved. Has anyone landed a teaching job, say secondary, in AU? Yun yung qualms ko a bout this applpication. Parang nakakatako yata mag turo abroad?

Hi there! We got approved but waiting for feedback on this also :) Good luck sa application!

• ymmtgnzlsymmtgnzls Posts: 1Member

Hello po baguhan lang po.

I'm starting to gather my documents for AITSL assessment. I'm yet to take IELTS. Ask ko lamg po, nagmanual compute po kasi ako ng points and as it turns out parang nasa 50 lang points ko. Dami ko po nababasa dito na parang same case naman as me, Bachelor of Secondary Education graduate, 4 yrs of teaching experience in high school, 24 yrs old, may 45 days of supervised teaching.

May same case po ba as me? Umabot naman po ba ang points? According to my research qualified naman po ako, just worried about getting the 65 points.

Thank you po!

@caienri @sunflower

• miller115miller115 Singapore

@ed1982 said:
    Good Day! My wife is an English teacher here in China for more than 3 years but she graduated as communication arts . Any chance she can get a positive assessment?

https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia

04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    01 Aug 2019 | IELTS L/S/W/R (9/9/7.5/8.5/) Overall: 8.5, Proficient
    24 Sep 2019 | 249311 TESOL positive skills assessment
    28 Sep 2019 | PTE Academic L/S/W/R (81/90/83/90) Overall: 89, Superior
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    05 Dec 2019 | EOI for 491 lodged, 249311 (NT, 85 points)
    09 Dec 2019 | MigrationNT application lodged
    24 Dec 2019 | Turned 40, minus 10 points (75 points)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    28 May 2020 | Received invite from Skillselect
    03 June 2020 | Lodged visa
    19 June 2020 | Health clearance provided - No action required
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant:-)
    04 Apr 2022 | Met future employer, surveyed the place
    14 July 2022 | Big move:-)
    1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

• Lou27Lou27 Posts: 70Member

Hello po. I hope you can help me on this one. I submitted my application but it seems like AITSL is not satisfied with my evidence of practice teaching. My university submitted a matrix but it I feel that they want a letter or something.

Pwede po bang makahingi ng format? or if you can send a sample evidence of supervised teaching? Kahit i-blur nyo na lang po and private info. Salamat in advance.

@caienri , sana po tabassa néo. it seems like you've been extending help a lot.

• Lou27Lou27 Posts: 70Member

@caienri said:
    Hello sa lahat!
    I’m also a teacher, granted visa 189 last May 2018 and mag move na Sa January 2019.
    Wag kayong susuko! Kayo nyo yan! :)

Hi Ma'am. lI submitted mine in January. Would you be able to send a sample of evidence of supervised teaching practice? AITSL required me to submit additional info because they are not satisfied with the matrix sent by my university. kahit template lang po. :)

• Titania_dyTitania_dy Posts: 6Member

Hello po. Good day po. I am reading this thread for quite a long time and it really helps me but I wanna ask few questions po for clarification hope you could help me.

1. How long will it take for AITSL and 189 registration? I mean kaya po ba ng 1 year?
    2. Do you apply for ACECQA together with AITSL assessment or after magrant ng visa mo then mag pa asses sa ACECQA?
    3. Do i need an agent or I can do it by myself po?

I am currently thinking of continuing my application. Mejo scared talaga sa IELTS but i will really try my best ☺️

Thank you po sa mga makakasagot!

• rellim115rellim115 Posts: 190Member

@Titania_dy said:
    Hello po. Good day po. I am reading this thread for quite a long time and it really helps me but I wanna ask few questions po for clarification hope you could help me.

1. How long will it take for AITSL and 189 registration? I mean kaya po ba ng 1 year?
    2. Do you apply for ACECQA together with AITSL assessment or after magrant ng visa mo then mag pa asses sa ACECQA?

I am currently thinking of continuing my application. Mejo scared talaga sa IELTS but i will really try my best ☺️

@Titania_dy, skills assessment muna sa AITSL (10 weeks usually), kapag may suitable assessment doon ka pa lang pwede maglodge ng Expresson of Interest (EOI) assuming na may at least 65 points ka.

Secondary teacher ako, so hindi ako familiar sa ACECQA.

Skills assessment --> EOI --> ITA (Invitation to apply for the visa) ---> Visa grant. After nito, may registration pa as a teacher depende sa state na pupuntahan mo.

Lodged my 491 visa last month. sa NT ako. Once the visa is granted, I'll start processing ung teacher registration sa NT Teachers Registration Board.

IELTS academic ka muna, then skills assessment. All the best!:-)

04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    70 days to provide those documents.
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.
    06 Nov 2020 | Done with biometrics
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant!:-) To God be the Glory!

1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

@rellim115 said:

@Titania_dy said:

@Titania_dy, skills assessment muna sa AITSL (10 weeks usually), kapag may suitable assessment doon ka pa lang pwede maglodge ng Expresson of Interest (EOI) assuming na may at least 65 points ka.

Secondary teacher ako, so hindi ako familiar sa ACECQA.

Skills assessment --> EOI --> ITA (Invitation to apply for the visa) ---> Visa grant. After nito, may registration pa as a teacher depende sa state na pupuntahan mo.

Lodged my 491 visa last month. sa NT ako. Once the visa is granted, I'll start processing ung teacher registration sa NT Teachers Registration Board.

IELTS academic ka muna, then skills assessment. All the best!:-)

Thank you po and all the best ☺️☺️

Hello po so i gathered some info and i do not know if im getting the right idea but is the application something like this ☺️☺️:

Take ielts (lets say I passed) -> AITSL and ACECQA? -> EOI -> invitation -> visa grant

Saan po papasok ang teachers registration?
    And paano mo malalaman kung saan ka mag register? Or depending sa choice mo ba yon? Kindly enlighten me po 😅

Thank youuuu po !!!!

• rellim115rellim115 Posts: 190Member

@Titania_dy said:
    Hello po so i gathered some info and i do not know if im getting the right idea but is the application something like this ☺️☺️:

Take ielts (lets say I passed) -> AITSL and ACECQA? -> EOI -> invitation -> visa grant

And paano mo malalaman kung saan ka mag register? Or depending sa choice mo ba yon? Kindly enlighten me po 😅

Thank youuuu po !!!!

@Titania_dy said:

Thank youuuu po !!!!

tama naman ung sequence na nakuha mo. regarding sa teachers registration, depende kung saang state ka eventually magmigrate.ako sa NT, so doon ako kuha ng authority to teach by registering with the NT Teachers Registration Board. kung lumipat ka ng state or territory, may mutual recognition naman (https://www.smartteachers.co.uk/node/71). All the best.

24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    70 days to provide those documents.
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.
    06 Nov 2020 | Done with biometrics
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant!:-) To God be the Glory!

• caienricaienri Sydney

@msssevelyn said:
    Hello po. I hope you can help me on this one. I submitted my application but it seems like AITSL is not satisfied with my evidence of practice teaching. My university submitted a matrix but it I feel that they want a letter or something.

Pwede po bang makahingi ng format? or if you can send a sample evidence of supervised teaching? Kahit i-blur nyo na lang po and private info. Salamat in advance.

@caienri , sana po tabassa néo. it seems like you've been extending help a lot.

Hello!
    Sorry ngaun lang nagcheck ulit.
    You can pm me your email address then i can send you a sample. If hindi pa late. 😅

• caienricaienri Sydney

@Titania_dy said:

Thank youuuu po !!!!

Are you in early childhood?
    ACECQA is meant for early childhood educators and teachers. Take note magkaiba sila.
    For Migration visa purposes, you just need IELTS and AITSL then you can lodge EOI, depende sa points. Hnd mo pa kelangan si ACECQA.

@caienri said:

@Titania_dy said:

Thank youuuu po !!!!

ACECQA is meant for early childhood educators and teachers. Take note magkaiba sila.
    For Migration visa purposes, you just need IELTS and AITSL then you can lodge EOI, depende sa points. Hnd mo pa kelangan si ACECQA.

Yes po early childhood teacher here in SG. I want to know po kelan papasok so ACECQA at teacher registration (yung per state po ba un)?
    Thank you po so much sa info ☺️☺️

• naomilasponanaomilaspona Posts: 2Member

hello po, I would like to know if someone here has already tried the skill assessment for aTESOL teacher? I've got almost 19 years of ESL teaching experience and currently working in Vietnam. I've been employed for 11 years in the same university here. My questions po:
    1. Do I only need my most recent work experience for the assessment?
    2. My Bachelor's Degree is in Secondary English Education. I have a Masters Degree in Special Education. My understanding is, I wouldn't need to get my MA verified as it doesn't actually relate to my work experience, Tama po ba?
    3. As per my research, iba and accreditation body for TESOL teaching, Hindi sa AITSL, Tama po ba?

Thank you . Thank you po. Talaga

• caienricaienri Sydney

@Titania_dy said:

@caienri said:

@Titania_dy said:

Thank youuuu po !!!!

Yes po early childhood teacher here in SG. I want to know po kelan papasok so ACECQA at teacher registration (yung per state po ba un)?

Requirement yan for work. So if work Visa ang gusto mo, you can start your registration sa ACECQA for early childhood.
    I also worked in SG, got a diploma there (L2). SG diploma is equivalent to Certificate III in early childhood by ACECQA. it’s NOT a teacher qualification.

So if may teaching degree ka from pinas, It can be considered as Teaching qualification by NESA (New South Wales).

Again, iba iba requirement per State. So research n lng. I can only share about NSW.

But for migration purposes, IELTS and AITSL muna.

• naomilasponanaomilaspona Posts: 2Member

By the way, for those of you struggling to improve your writing ( or speaking) band scores in IELTS. Please pm me. I can share free pdf files /resource books on writing and speaking. For your listening practice, YouTube has a lot of free practice tests. I've been teaching IELTS for 10 years . I've just started looking into migrating to Australia and (Canada hehe.)

Thanks

@caienri said:

@Titania_dy said:

@caienri said:

@Titania_dy said:

Thank youuuu po !!!!

Requirement yan for work. So if work Visa ang gusto mo, you can start your registration sa ACECQA for early childhood.
    I also worked in SG, got a diploma there (L2). SG diploma is equivalent to Certificate III in early childhood by ACECQA. it’s NOT a teacher qualification.

So if may teaching degree ka from pinas, It can be considered as Teaching qualification by NESA (New South Wales).

Again, iba iba requirement per State. So research n lng. I can only share about NSW.

But for migration purposes, IELTS and AITSL muna.

Thank you po ms cainre for the information ☺️ Yes po degree in ece in Ph. I will keep on researching and will start my ielts review!
    Nainspired po ako sa mga nag post dito including you po ☺️☺️

• icomanmanicomanman Manila

Hi po @rellim115,

I'm actually amazed sa score nyo po ng IELTS. Pwede po ba maka hingi ng tips or other resources? My wife is also a secondary teacher and we're looking to have her qualifications assessed by AITSL; nakakatakot yung IELTS kasi mataas yung kailangan na score.

Thank you

• oz_monsteroz_monster Melbourne

@Titania_dy said:

Hi there,

What is your nominated occupation? ACECQA do not assess Teacher occupations for migration to Australia. AITSL is the one authorised to do assessments for Teacher occupations.

AITSL normally assess qualifications around 10 weeks but because of pandemic they might have some delays.

If you know the process, you can do it yourself, if not, you can hire the services of a migration agent