Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

For those who availed the Services of an Agent...

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:
    Sorry to bring this up but sa ilang FB groups, nakikita ko na parang mas mabilis kung naka-DIY vs may Agent. I know naman na every application is unique and it has its own timeline pero madalas ko lang po talaga mapansin na parang mas mabilis ang processing kapag DIY. Sa State na po kaya ito? Mas prefer po ba nila un naka-DIY? Sorry po sa tanong ko, gusto ko lang po kasi maliwanagan.

It is not wrong to express your thoughts. :)

But an observation is valid only for the cases that are observable to the observer. I say this because, there may be people who hired agents that do not post their timeline/grant in those FB groups at all. Same case here in the forum. This does not make the observation totally wrong, though.

I'm just saying it's not the entire picture. Nobody here can really say for sure if DIYers get faster grants than those with agents, unless there is an absolute case study done to collect substantial data to declare this.

Thanks for the reply sir. Siguro po kasi ang hirap maghintay ng wala ka nakikita. I mean yung nakikita mo un status ng application from time to time. You need to ask or confirm pa sa agent. Kaya napa-tanong po ako dito. Salamat ponule sir

Nasa Visa Application stage na ba kayo? Kung oo, baka naman pwede nyo hingin yung reference number para ma-import nyo sa personal ImmiAccount nyo yung application. At least, magkakaron kayo ng view sa nangyayari.

This isn’t possible I’m afraid. Once a client imports it, we lose access on the case. No agent will do this. Also, there is a clause in our service agreement (and pretty sure other agencies implement this as well) wherein the client agrees that we are the sole contact of all the authorities involved. We need to give consent if a client intends to contact them directly. Otherwise it may be a ground for termination for us. It’s important that there’s only one point of contact as it can complicate the case otherwise. As a matter of fact, I’ve just terminated our services today because of the breach on this clause.

• ispidprikispidprik Posts: 143Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@ispidprik said:
    Yes true nakakainip dn talaga naka-agent dn kmi kaya i sort of know how it feels not to see the actual status and question myself if they did it right. But since many of my colleagues used the same agency and was handled by the same agents confident nman na ako na they know what they’re doing. So far satisfied nman ako sa service nila and they update me immediately once meron changes. Currently nka-lodge na kmi ng visa (189) awaiting medical. It has been almost 1yr since we submitted our eoi to this point.

I hear you….imagine from the perspective of the agent. How many of those clients na naiinip. The downside on our end is clients tend to set unrealistic expectations from us in the end. The journey can get intense but in the end, when we get to the finish line - visa grant, there is that sense of fulfilment form both sides that finally the visa has been granted. Clients in the end show their appreciation for the guidance we have provided. From our end, although things got intense along the way, it was nice to have been part of their journey one way or the other. We close the case knowing we’ve contributed something nice in someone’s life.

Yes true that’s why i researched talaga before making this journey and set realistic expectations. I do understand dn what agents go through this process and im sure ndi lang ako client nila. For urgent matters ko lang sila mnmessage directly otherwise via email lahat.

edited December 2022

@ispidprik said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@ispidprik said:
    Yes true nakakainip dn talaga naka-agent dn kmi kaya i sort of know how it feels not to see the actual status and question myself if they did it right. But since many of my colleagues used the same agency and was handled by the same agents confident nman na ako na they know what they’re doing. So far satisfied nman ako sa service nila and they update me immediately once meron changes. Currently nka-lodge na kmi ng visa (189) awaiting medical. It has been almost 1yr since we submitted our eoi to this point.

I hear you….imagine from the perspective of the agent. How many of those clients na naiinip. The downside on our end is clients tend to set unrealistic expectations from us in the end. The journey can get intense but in the end, when we get to the finish line - visa grant, there is that sense of fulfilment form both sides that finally the visa has been granted. Clients in the end show their appreciation for the guidance we have provided. From our end, although things got intense along the way, it was nice to have been part of their journey one way or the other. We close the case knowing we’ve contributed something nice in someone’s life.

Yes true that’s why i researched talaga before making this journey and set realistic expectations. I do understand dn what agents go through this process and im sure ndi lang ako client nila. For urgent matters ko lang sila mnmessage directly otherwise via email lahat.

Ideal client! Hehe I hope you’re not one of those who emails the agent , tapos if you receive an out of office reply saying on leave yung agent and contacts for other colleagues were also provided on the auto reply….but still you then straight away message the agent on WhatsApp/viber? It really can get frustrating when clients behave this way. I mean on leave nga from work right? One of few examples where clients go out of line. I think bottom line, a bit consideration from clients as well. Some set unrealistic expectations thinking that because they pay an agent, they should work on the case 24/7. Just sharing this so clients also become mindful of certain behaviour when dealing with their agents. Just be professional and courteous 😊

By the way you don’t need to contact your agent pag urgent Lang. You should be able to email him/her for any questions and concerns because that’s why you hire one for but as you do that just be mindful (applies to everyone) that these agents are also human beings. Treat them like your colleague at work…we all need to be civilised…like yung example ko above. When a colleague is on leave, it’s inappropriate to send an sms to that colleague to chase up work - basic etiquette :)

MACINOZ2023era222ispidprik
  • _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:
    Sorry to bring this up but sa ilang FB groups, nakikita ko na parang mas mabilis kung naka-DIY vs may Agent. I know naman na every application is unique and it has its own timeline pero madalas ko lang po talaga mapansin na parang mas mabilis ang processing kapag DIY. Sa State na po kaya ito? Mas prefer po ba nila un naka-DIY? Sorry po sa tanong ko, gusto ko lang po kasi maliwanagan.

But an observation is valid only for the cases that are observable to the observer. I say this because, there may be people who hired agents that do not post their timeline/grant in those FB groups at all. Same case here in the forum. This does not make the observation totally wrong, though.

I'm just saying it's not the entire picture. Nobody here can really say for sure if DIYers get faster grants than those with agents, unless there is an absolute case study done to collect substantial data to declare this.

Thanks for the reply sir. Siguro po kasi ang hirap maghintay ng wala ka nakikita. I mean yung nakikita mo un status ng application from time to time. You need to ask or confirm pa sa agent. Kaya napa-tanong po ako dito. Salamat ponule sir

Nasa Visa Application stage na ba kayo? Kung oo, baka naman pwede nyo hingin yung reference number para ma-import nyo sa personal ImmiAccount nyo yung application. At least, magkakaron kayo ng view sa nangyayari.

This isn’t possible I’m afraid. Once a client imports it, we lose access on the case. No agent will do this. Also, there is a clause in our service agreement (and pretty sure other agencies implement this as well) wherein the client agrees that we are the sole contact of all the authorities involved. We need to give consent if a client intends to contact them directly. Otherwise it may be a ground for termination for us. It’s important that there’s only one point of contact as it can complicate the case otherwise. As a matter of fact, I’ve just terminated our services today because of the breach on this clause.

Importing an application to another ImmiAccount is a system feature that does not automatically remove access of the originator of the application. Access loss/removal happens only when someone actually does so.

It is a matter of whether the agent/agency would provide the Ref Num and allow their clients to import the application into their personal account, isn't it? As you said if it's written in the contract that it's not allowed, then the client is forbidden.

I know this because I've read that people (in other online forums) did this because their agent allowed them, with no complication.

MACINOZ2023

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

edited December 2022

@_sebodemacho said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

Importing an application to another ImmiAccount is a system feature that does not automatically remove access of the originator of the application. Access loss/removal happens only when someone actually does so.

It is a matter of whether the agent/agency would provide the Ref Num and allow their clients to import the application into their personal account, isn't it? As you said if it's written in the contract that it's not allowed, then the client is forbidden.

I know this because I've read that people (in other online forums) did this because their agent allowed them, with no complication.

Hmm…I’m not sure because once it’s imported to theirs it disappears on our immiaccount. We do this process every now and then where we’ve ceased our services for a client ie partner visa (first stage). We provide them the TRN so they can continue their case in 2 years for the second stage.

An agent will allow such thing with caution. Letting the client import their case can be risky as it can give them the temptation to take matters in their own hands without liaising with the agent. It is important that the agent has the control to avoid complicating the case. Normally agents will only do this at the end of the services. A responsible agent won’t let this happen because if they the client something wrong with it, the agent will be responsible for it. Hence, this is a big NO for agents.

Not all we read in forums are accurate I’m afraid.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

Hmm…I’m not sure because once it’s imported to theirs it disappears on our immiaccount. We do this process every now and then where we’ve ceased our services for a client ie partner visa (first stage). We provide them the TRN so they can continue their case in 2 years for the second stage.

An agent will allow such thing with caution. Letting the client import their case can be risky as it can give them the temptation to take matters in their own hands without liaising with the agent. It is important that the agent has the control to avoid complicating the case. Normally agents will only do this at the end of the services. A responsible agent won’t let this happen because if they the client something wrong with it, the agent will be responsible for it. Hence, this is a big NO for agents.

That is true, though. I would agree. The import feature does not stop the client from updating the application like attaching new documents once it is imported. It must really be done with caution.

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---

15 Nov | Medical Test
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.

2021 - Pandemic Still

01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

@_sebodemacho said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

That is true, though. I would agree. The import feature does not stop the client from updating the application like attaching new documents once it is imported. It must really be done with caution.

Yes…that’s why it isn’t a good practice for us agents to allow such things. It’s more if you want access then we cease the case - simple. Two cooks can destroy the broth 😉

• xiaolicoxiaolico Australia

@_sebodemacho said:

@bartowski said:

Agree ako dito. I think madami sa naka agent kasi hindi active sa mga forums na parang ganito. Marami nga ata hindi alam na may ganitong forums or fb groups. But of course, it is always okay to come to a conclusion. Make sure lang na you have as much data as possible. Yung mga na-grant na DIY, ilan points ba sila and anong field sila compared sa mga hindi pa nagragrant na mga naka agent. If nakita mo na mas madami talaga mas mabilis na grant na DIY, then medyo you did your part naman na. You tried to be as accurate as possible and you can draw a conclusion for yourself na baka better to cancel the agent? Pero me personally, I disagree with this. But kanya kanya tayo ng diskarte at research syempre. And to end lang, nasa DOHA site din na ethically, if you need help, agent lang puwede tumulong sa yo and not yung mga forums like this or fb groups. I wish you all the best. Do what's best for you or at least what you think is best for you.

Computer Network and Systems Engineer - 263111
    Age 33-39- 25points
    English superior- 20points
    Bachelor's Degree- 15points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

July 25, 2016- Lodged ACS
    August 2, 2016- Favorable letter from ACS
    January 10, 2017- Took PTE
    January 12, 2017- PTE exam results (L90 R86 S90 W79)
    January 12, 2017- EOI
    January 18, 2017- ITA received
    January 19, 2017- NBI (hit)
    January 23, 2017- Visa Lodge 189
    January 24, 2017- Medical bgc
    January 27, 2017- NBI clearance received
    February 2, 2017- Medical cleared (no action required)
    February 15, 2017- Grant
    October 26, 2017- Flight to Melbourne
    October 27, 2017- Landed in Melbourne
    July 14, 2018- Moved to Sydney
    October 11, 2019- Wife gave birth to a baby boy
    October 20, 2019- Applied for baby's birth certificate online
    October 23, 2019- Baby boy's birth certificate received
    October 25, 2019- Applied for baby's medicare
    October 31, 2019- Baby's medicare activated
    October 31, 2019- Applied for baby's citizenship certificate
    November 7, 2019- Received baby's citizenship certificate
    November 13, 2019- Applied for baby's passport
    November 20, 2019- Baby's AU passport received
    November 2, 2021- Submitted AU citizenship application for myself and my wife
    April 14, 2022- Received Interview with Standard Test letter. May 25 schedule.
    May 25, 2022- Passed the Australian Citizenship Test
    May 25, 2022- Citizenship Approval Received
    September 15, 2022- Invitation to Citizenship Ceremony Received
    October 6, 2022- Citizenship Ceremony
    October 18, 2022- AU passport application lodged
    November 7, 2022- Passport received

• jcrdreamjcrdream Philippines

@bartowski said:

Hi sir, same thoughts. May kasabayan ako sa application, naka-agent ako and DIY sya, pero parang mas mabilis pa sa kanya. Actually nauna ako sa pag-pa assess pero matagal pa sakin. Pero gaya ng sabi ng iba not all naman nagpo-post. Medyo frustrated na rin ako sa pag-engage ng agent kasi mas natatagalan -- although gets ko naman na yun ay to make sure na tama ang ginagawa. Pero sa akin, yung pagsubmit ng mga documents na-delay kasi natyempuhan ng leave ng agent nang mga 1 month tapos need pa ng approval nya (another 1/2 weeks) bago masubmit.

Siguro yun na lang din ang tradeoff -- you are surrendering control of your application to someone else, so your application moves not only according to immigration timeline/policies, but also your agent's. Again, nothing against agents, this is not an attack on them kasi I respect what they do and their expertise plus I am critiquing the situation not the agent, baka lang maka-elicit ng negative reactions hehe. Pero that's just my experience. :)

_sebodemachoMACINOZ2023EeOZ
  • supremosupremo Posts: 20Member

@bartowski said:
    Hello po, may mga tanong lang po ako sa mga pinili ang mag-Agent vs mag DIY.

1. Hinige niyo po ba yung Skillselect Account Credentials niyo sa kanila?
    2. Sa tuwing, may documents sila sinusbumit(i.e. EOI) or any email conversation sa States re: your application, pinapa-sendan or pinapa-cc niyo rin po ba sa email niyo?
    3. Is your Agent updating you regularly regarding your application or query sa kanila?

Maraming Salamat po sa sasagot.

Sakin hindi binigay ung skillselect account and hindi ako naka-cc pero ginagawa naman nya ung item no.3

24-Oct-2022 : EA Positive Skills Assessment
    10-Nov-2022 : EOI/ROI (189, 190 VIC, 190 SA)
    XX-XX-XXXX : ITA
    XX-XX-XXXX : EOI 491

• ispidprikispidprik Posts: 143Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@ispidprik said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@ispidprik said:

Ideal client! Hehe I hope you’re not one of those who emails the agent , tapos if you receive an out of office reply saying on leave yung agent and contacts for other colleagues were also provided on the auto reply….but still you then straight away message the agent on WhatsApp/viber? It really can get frustrating when clients behave this way. I mean on leave nga from work right? One of few examples where clients go out of line. I think bottom line, a bit consideration from clients as well. Some set unrealistic expectations thinking that because they pay an agent, they should work on the case 24/7. Just sharing this so clients also become mindful of certain behaviour when dealing with their agents. Just be professional and courteous 😊

By the way you don’t need to contact your agent pag urgent Lang. You should be able to email him/her for any questions and concerns because that’s why you hire one for but as you do that just be mindful (applies to everyone) that these agents are also human beings. Treat them like your colleague at work…we all need to be civilised…like yung example ko above. When a colleague is on leave, it’s inappropriate to send an sms to that colleague to chase up work - basic etiquette :)

This is us actually. Majority is via email if may auto reply na out of office ndi nman kmi nagungulit we just let them answer us during office hours. We message them directly lang if urgent like we need assistance in requesting docs, setting up appointments for PTE or medical but within office hours pa dn nman.

I just hope others would be considerate lng dn and ndi porket bayad sila hawak na nila buhay ng agent. Hahahaha

• bartowskibartowski Posts: 116Member

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with your respective agents. Naliwanagan ako dun mga experiences niyo na shinare. Maraming Salamat po.

I created this thread because I got frustrated dahil wala ako makuha na updates from my Agent. Ang nangyayare kasi, start and end lang ng process may updates. Nasanay kasi ako sa work ko na every time may update, give it to the client.

I was expecting na ganun din sa process ng migration with an Agent. Every time may update sa current process, ibibigay or iinform ni agent si client. For example, sa pag-submit ng papers for assessment. During the process of assessment, nagbabago pala ung status nun application. Kunwari, submitted then assigned to an assessor, etc. Ito ung ineexpect ko na ishashare sakin ni Agent before. Pero hindi nangyare kasi at the end of the process nalang niya ako inupdate. Pero A few weeks before lumabas un result, nagmessage ako sa kanila regarding the status and they said na assigned palang sa Assessor. Dun na nag-start un frustration ko na bakit kelangan ko pa sila imessage. Hindi ba nila un magawa proactively? Ayun. Nashare ko lang din po.

Anyway, ok na po ako ngayon dahil sa mga shinare niyo. Humaba lang tong reply ko kasi inexplain ko lang kung bakit ko ginawa tong thread na to. Again, gusto po ule magpa-salamat sa inyo. Ang dami ko po natutunan and hopefully lahat ng nandito sa forums na to eh makarating din sa OZ. Maraming Salamat po ule.

MACINOZ2023ispidprikEeOZ

261312 - Developer Programmer | Age: 25| English Proficiency: 20 | Education: 15 |Work Experience: 15 | Spouse English Proficiency: 5 | Total 80
    Timeline:
    2018-Dec : Started Inquiring to Migration Agent
    2019-Jan : Signed contract with Migration Agent
    2019-Jan : Started collating documents for ACS
    2019-Mar : Lodged ACS assessment
    2019-Apr : Took First PTE Exam - (Not enough points)
    2019-May : Received ACS Assessment
    2019-Aug : Took 2nd PTE Exam - L -70 R-82 S-79 W-74
    2019-Sep : Lodged NSW EOI visa 190 and submitted Canberra Matrix
    2020-Apr : Scheduled PTE but due to pandemic I had to move it to 2020-November
    2020-Nov : Took 3rd PTE Exam - L -90 R-71 S-90 W-78
    2020-Dec : My wife took her PTE Exam(competent level)
    2021-Jan: Started collating Docs( For Renewal of ACS Assessment)
    2021-Nov: Took 4th PTE Exam (L-90 R-85 S-90 W-75)
    2022-Apr: Took 5th PTE Exam(L-89 R-82 S-90 W-76)
    2022-June: Lodged ACS Assessment( Developer Programmer)
    2022-June: Scheduled for 6th PTE Exam
    2022-June/July: Received PTE Exam Result(Superior) - L -83 R- 80 S -90 W-84
    2022-August: Received ACS Assessment( Positive Result but low points)
    2022-August: Lodged EOIs(491 - 85-90pts/ 190(80pts)/ 189 (75pts)
    2022-September: Submitted missing docs to ACS for Review
    2022-October: Received Updated ACS Assessment(with Higher points)
    2022-October: Updated EOIs(491 - 90-95pts/ 190 - 85pts / 189 - 80pts)
    2023-Jan.5 : Received Pre-Invite from Victoria
    2023-Jan.11 : Received ITA from Victoria
    2023-Feb-02 : VISA 190 Lodged

"Anything is POSSIBLE!!!" - Kevin Garnett, 2008 NBA Finals

edited December 2022

@ispidprik said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@ispidprik said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@ispidprik said:

This is us actually. Majority is via email if may auto reply na out of office ndi nman kmi nagungulit we just let them answer us during office hours. We message them directly lang if urgent like we need assistance in requesting docs, setting up appointments for PTE or medical but within office hours pa dn nman.

I just hope others would be considerate lng dn and ndi porket bayad sila hawak na nila buhay ng agent. Hahahaha

Thank you for articulating it really well. I mean it’s ok to email them anytime but don’t expect a reply outside of working hours. Agents like anyone else have a life too lol 😂 there are also cases at times when I have no choice but to terminate our services because of that attitude - unrealistic expectations because I’m paying you.

Ah these are common issues all agents have to deal with…we do talk within the industry….yes, it comes with the job but at times it can be too much so would rather lose a client than endure such behaviour.

I hope all clients think and behave like you 👍

ispidprik

@bartowski said:
    Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with your respective agents. Naliwanagan ako dun mga experiences niyo na shinare. Maraming Salamat po.

I created this thread because I got frustrated dahil wala ako makuha na updates from my Agent. Ang nangyayare kasi, start and end lang ng process may updates. Nasanay kasi ako sa work ko na every time may update, give it to the client.

I was expecting na ganun din sa process ng migration with an Agent. Every time may update sa current process, ibibigay or iinform ni agent si client. For example, sa pag-submit ng papers for assessment. During the process of assessment, nagbabago pala ung status nun application. Kunwari, submitted then assigned to an assessor, etc. Ito ung ineexpect ko na ishashare sakin ni Agent before. Pero hindi nangyare kasi at the end of the process nalang niya ako inupdate. Pero A few weeks before lumabas un result, nagmessage ako sa kanila regarding the status and they said na assigned palang sa Assessor. Dun na nag-start un frustration ko na bakit kelangan ko pa sila imessage. Hindi ba nila un magawa proactively? Ayun. Nashare ko lang din po.

Anyway, ok na po ako ngayon dahil sa mga shinare niyo. Humaba lang tong reply ko kasi inexplain ko lang kung bakit ko ginawa tong thread na to. Again, gusto po ule magpa-salamat sa inyo. Ang dami ko po natutunan and hopefully lahat ng nandito sa forums na to eh makarating din sa OZ. Maraming Salamat po ule.

Just to clarify on your explanation from the point of view of an agent. No one literally sits in front of the computer to check exactly what part in the process the application is in. There is no point doing this and letting the client know - just imagine if you have 50 applications. Do we message everyone to tell them their application moved in the queue? Will it change anything if the client knows? Can both the client and agent do anything about it if it hasn’t moved to next stage? No. The only time we update clients is when we hear from the assessor/case officer. Other than that, whether one knows which stage in the process he/she’s in, there’s really not much to do but wait.

It’s very vital to set realistic expectations as well. It helps to also understand what happens on the other side of the fence.

caspersushi24ispidprik
  • bartowskibartowski Posts: 116Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@bartowski said:
    Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify on your explanation from the point of view of an agent. No one literally sits in front of the computer to check exactly what part in the process the application is in. There is no point doing this and letting the client know - just imagine if you have 50 applications. Do we message everyone to tell them their application moved in the queue? Will it change anything if the client knows? Can both the client and agent do anything about it if it hasn’t moved to next stage? No. The only time we update clients is when we hear from the assessor/case officer. Other than that, whether one knows which stage in the process he/she’s in, there’s really not much to do but wait.

It’s very vital to set realistic expectations as well. It helps to also understand what happens on the other side of the fence.

Hi Mam, not to offend you po but the process runs up to 8 weeks and I only need 1 update between start and end of the process and I'm fine with it. I'm not saying na they need to check the computer from time to time. They could check kahit isang beses lang in between the process and let me know. OK na ako dun. I know po na hindi natin both hawak un bola but kayo po yung pwede makakita kung ano na yung nangyayare.

" Will it change anything if the client knows?"

• This is very vital in customer service po. It will not affect the result of the application but it will make your client feel safe and will trust you more. For example, nagpagawa ka ng bahay. Inupdate ka lang ni developer nun tapos na. Ano po mararamadaman niyo as a client? Hindi po ba kayo mapapatanong nun kung ano mga ginamit nya na materyales. Papano niya ginawa yung foundation ng bahay, etc.

I get your point Mam because I also experience this at work. Again, I'm not here to offend you Mam. I respect you. I'm just airing my side. Thank you for airing your side too.

era222_sebodemachoMACINOZ2023ispidprikEeOZ

261312 - Developer Programmer | Age: 25| English Proficiency: 20 | Education: 15 |Work Experience: 15 | Spouse English Proficiency: 5 | Total 80
    Timeline:
    2018-Dec : Started Inquiring to Migration Agent
    2019-Jan : Signed contract with Migration Agent
    2019-Jan : Started collating documents for ACS
    2019-Mar : Lodged ACS assessment
    2019-Apr : Took First PTE Exam - (Not enough points)
    2019-May : Received ACS Assessment
    2019-Aug : Took 2nd PTE Exam - L -70 R-82 S-79 W-74
    2019-Sep : Lodged NSW EOI visa 190 and submitted Canberra Matrix
    2020-Apr : Scheduled PTE but due to pandemic I had to move it to 2020-November
    2020-Nov : Took 3rd PTE Exam - L -90 R-71 S-90 W-78
    2020-Dec : My wife took her PTE Exam(competent level)
    2021-Jan: Started collating Docs( For Renewal of ACS Assessment)
    2021-Nov: Took 4th PTE Exam (L-90 R-85 S-90 W-75)
    2022-Apr: Took 5th PTE Exam(L-89 R-82 S-90 W-76)
    2022-June: Lodged ACS Assessment( Developer Programmer)
    2022-June: Scheduled for 6th PTE Exam
    2022-June/July: Received PTE Exam Result(Superior) - L -83 R- 80 S -90 W-84
    2022-August: Received ACS Assessment( Positive Result but low points)
    2022-August: Lodged EOIs(491 - 85-90pts/ 190(80pts)/ 189 (75pts)
    2022-September: Submitted missing docs to ACS for Review
    2022-October: Received Updated ACS Assessment(with Higher points)
    2022-October: Updated EOIs(491 - 90-95pts/ 190 - 85pts / 189 - 80pts)
    2023-Jan.5 : Received Pre-Invite from Victoria
    2023-Jan.11 : Received ITA from Victoria
    2023-Feb-02 : VISA 190 Lodged

"Anything is POSSIBLE!!!" - Kevin Garnett, 2008 NBA Finals

edited December 2022

@bartowski said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@bartowski said:
    Hi Everyone,

Hi Mam, not to offend you po but the process runs up to 8 weeks and I only need 1 update between start and end of the process and I'm fine with it. I'm not saying na they need to check the computer from time to time. They could check kahit isang beses lang in between the process and let me know. OK na ako dun. I know po na hindi natin both hawak un bola but kayo po yung pwede makakita kung ano na yung nangyayare.

" Will it change anything if the client knows?"

• This is very vital in customer service po. It will not affect the result of the application but it will make your client feel safe and will trust you more. For example, nagpagawa ka ng bahay. Inupdate ka lang ni developer nun tapos na. Ano po mararamadaman niyo as a client? Hindi po ba kayo mapapatanong nun kung ano mga ginamit nya na materyales. Papano niya ginawa yung foundation ng bahay, etc.

I get your point Mam because I also experience this at work. Again, I'm not here to offend you Mam. I respect you. I'm just airing my side. Thank you for airing your side too.

Not at all offended. I’m explaining it from the other side’s perspective just so people understand it.

Realistically speaking, it will be rare to find an agent who will do an update in the middle of the process. Only those who will likely do that would be agents who aren’t too busy on cases. What I usually do and could imagine what others do as well is say the processing time as per the assessing authority is 12 weeks. We inform the client. We leave the case for 12 weeks. We expect the outcome on the 12th week at the latest, at times sooner but if after 12 weeks no outcome pa, that’s when we start chasing the skills assessing authority. For us, there is no point checking the status of the application within that time period because there’s really is nothing we can do about the timeline. We also don’t feel the need to update a client fir reasons mentioned before. If a client - having been informed that 12 weeks yung timeline, comes to us for an update within that 12 weeks, we’ll always tell them that the assessing authority is still within their timeline and that they can start checking if it’s beyond the 12 week timeframe.

To be honest other agent would probably do the same as what your agent has done. You asked for progress midway and they had a look for you - that alone us customer service. I don’t think your agent is obligated, as part of customer service to update a client midway especially if he/she is aware of the timeline. What is vital of customer service is getting in touch with the client once an agent hears from the assessor/case officer. This isn’t just customer service but the agent’s responsibility to update the client.

Hmm, I’m not sure about the customer service there. I think skills assessment application cannot be compared with building a house. When a house is being built it makes sense to be updated for feedback ie you might not be happy with what was done so far, you might have inputs, etc. but I’m not sure if that’s the same purpose why an update in the skills assessment process is needed. I don’t think that’s an appropriate analogy. I mean if the skills assessing authority has already mentioned on their website about the timeline, then that’s just what to expect, right? There’s nothing anyone can do within that timeline. I think that’s more an extra service perhaps - to expect an update in the middle of the process. if so, then it will be a struggle to find an agent who will provide such service.

ispidprik
  • caspersushi24caspersushi24 Mexico

How much po ang overall costs if nag-avail ng migration service? if SV kukunin...

234411 Geologist
    18 Nov 2021 : PTE A Results - S90/R72/L80/W73

25 Nov 2021 : VETASSESS - Lodged

30 Apr 2022: VETASSESS - Positive Outcome

6 May 2022: EOI Submitted - WA, SA, NT, VIC, QLD; 190 (75pts) / 491 (85pts)

16 Nov 2022: VETASSESS Reassessment

03 Jan 2023: PTE Retake

• xiaolicoxiaolico Australia

@caspersushi24 said:
    How much po ang overall costs if nag-avail ng migration service? if SV kukunin...

SV? Student visa? Let me share lang ha, just being honest. During my time which is 5yrs ago. My agent discouraged me from gettung a student visa. She told me naman, if gusto ko talaga mag aral, then go. But for migration, medyo hindi sila optimistic sa SV. Then she told me, of course bahala ako sa buhay ko. But one advice she will give me, sa SV, you do not need an agent. Hindi sulit yung bayad. So pasa ko lang sa yo, think twice with regards to hiring an agent for SV. Baka naman hindi siya mahirap if DIY na lang. Good luck

caspersushi24

Computer Network and Systems Engineer - 263111
    Age 33-39- 25points
    English superior- 20points
    Bachelor's Degree- 15points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

July 25, 2016- Lodged ACS
    August 2, 2016- Favorable letter from ACS
    January 10, 2017- Took PTE
    January 12, 2017- PTE exam results (L90 R86 S90 W79)
    January 12, 2017- EOI
    January 18, 2017- ITA received
    January 19, 2017- NBI (hit)
    January 23, 2017- Visa Lodge 189
    January 24, 2017- Medical bgc
    January 27, 2017- NBI clearance received
    February 2, 2017- Medical cleared (no action required)
    February 15, 2017- Grant
    October 26, 2017- Flight to Melbourne
    October 27, 2017- Landed in Melbourne
    July 14, 2018- Moved to Sydney
    October 11, 2019- Wife gave birth to a baby boy
    October 20, 2019- Applied for baby's birth certificate online
    October 23, 2019- Baby boy's birth certificate received
    October 25, 2019- Applied for baby's medicare
    October 31, 2019- Baby's medicare activated
    October 31, 2019- Applied for baby's citizenship certificate
    November 7, 2019- Received baby's citizenship certificate
    November 13, 2019- Applied for baby's passport
    November 20, 2019- Baby's AU passport received
    November 2, 2021- Submitted AU citizenship application for myself and my wife
    April 14, 2022- Received Interview with Standard Test letter. May 25 schedule.
    May 25, 2022- Passed the Australian Citizenship Test
    May 25, 2022- Citizenship Approval Received
    September 15, 2022- Invitation to Citizenship Ceremony Received
    October 6, 2022- Citizenship Ceremony
    October 18, 2022- AU passport application lodged
    November 7, 2022- Passport received

@xiaolico said:

@caspersushi24 said:

SV? Student visa? Let me share lang ha, just being honest. During my time which is 5yrs ago. My agent discouraged me from gettung a student visa. She told me naman, if gusto ko talaga mag aral, then go. But for migration, medyo hindi sila optimistic sa SV. Then she told me, of course bahala ako sa buhay ko. But one advice she will give me, sa SV, you do not need an agent. Hindi sulit yung bayad. So pasa ko lang sa yo, think twice with regards to hiring an agent for SV. Baka naman hindi siya mahirap if DIY na lang. Good luck

Thank you po! Yup, di naman po complicated yung case ko :) Yung magchcheck ng GTE lang po ung hinahanap ko po...
    Meron na po akong EOIs for 491/190. Naisip ko lang, if wala pa talagang invitation next year, parang gusto ko itry magSV na lang habang nagaantay ng 491/190 grant, plan ko rin po kasi magmasters kahit kapag may 491/190 visa na po.

234411 Geologist

• era222era222 Philippines

@caspersushi24 said:

@xiaolico said:

@caspersushi24 said:

Thank you po! Yup, di naman po complicated yung case ko :) Yung magchcheck ng GTE lang po ung hinahanap ko po...
    Meron na po akong EOIs for 491/190. Naisip ko lang, if wala pa talagang invitation next year, parang gusto ko itry magSV na lang habang nagaantay ng 491/190 grant, plan ko rin po kasi magmasters kahit kapag may 491/190 visa na po.

I've seen education agents who can you assist your for free in a Pinoy Australian group (can't recall the exact name, sorry). But update us on your journey! Same na same ako sayo actually, SV is my backup plan dahil Master's din ang isa sa mga plan ko if ma-grant ng 491/190 visa. Just don't want to go the SV > PR route kung kaya, dahil mas magastos talaga. :D

All the best, and good luck!

caspersushi24MACINOZ2023

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• era222era222 Philippines

@era222 said:

@caspersushi24 said:

@xiaolico said:

@caspersushi24 said:

I've seen education agents who can you assist your for free in a Pinoy Australian group (can't recall the exact name, sorry). But update us on your journey! Same na same ako sayo actually, SV is my backup plan dahil Master's din ang isa sa mga plan ko if ma-grant ng 491/190 visa. Just don't want to go the SV > PR route kung kaya, dahil mas magastos talaga. :D

Correction: FB** group :)

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

@era222 said:

Thank you po! 1st Q 2023, tignan ko kung itutuloy ko na talaga yung SV. :lol:

era222

234411 Geologist

@caspersushi24 said:

You don’t need a migration agent to be honest. I’ve turned down lots of people who enquired about student visas. Apart from not needing one, I don’t think
    that’s the best pathway to get there because it’s an expensive way without the assurance of PR in the end. Although I’m a product of this pathway, I won’t really recommend it if the intention is to get PR.

Save your money on the agent fees. I went via IDP many years ago - we’re talking about over 20 years ago ha…they were in Makati at that time. It’s definitely a straightforward process, I did mine myself.

caspersushi24

@era222 said:

@era222 said:

@caspersushi24 said:

@xiaolico said:

@caspersushi24 said:

Correction: FB** group :)

Just a note that these education agents’ services are for free but they get up to 10% commission of the course fees from the institution. That’s how they earn their money. Just be careful that they aren’t just trying to sell you the Australian dream.

caspersushi24
  • magueromaguero Adelaide

@caspersushi24 said:

@xiaolico said:

@caspersushi24 said:

Since you really plan to study Masters, i-consider mo rin na if you study via Student Visa you will be charged international student rates. However, if you study after you get your PR you will be charged local student rates. Sobrang laki ng difference between the two sets of rates.

MACINOZ2023caspersushi24kidfrompolomolok

@maguero said:

@caspersushi24 said:

@xiaolico said:

@caspersushi24 said:

Since you really plan to study Masters, i-consider mo rin na if you study via Student Visa you will be charged international student rates. However, if you study after you get your PR you will be charged local student rates. Sobrang laki ng difference between the two sets of rates.

And also could be eligible for fee help which is their student loan.

caspersushi24era222kidfrompolomolok

Might be off-topic in general for this thread's purpose, but following the most recent topic...

@caspersushi24 @era222

Just sharing this interesting video on recent "Auto Visa Refusal for SVs" by Karl Konrad. Something to consider in your decision-making to taking the SV pathway.

era222caspersushi24

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE

15 Nov | Medical Test

2021 - Pandemic Still

01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

Thank you very much po for sharing your insights Maam @RheaMARN1171933 @maguero and @_sebodemacho ... ❤️

Napanood ko nga po yang video na yan... Ang lala nung ngyare sa pakistani, nasayang lang yung pera 😵‍💫

May nabasa po ako pwede daw kahit nakaSV po tapos nagkaron ng 491/190 invite, hindi po ba conflict yun dahil sa nadeclare sa GTE?

234411 Geologist

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@caspersushi24 said:
    Thank you very much po for sharing your insights Maam @RheaMARN1171933 @maguero and @_sebodemacho ... ❤️

Napanood ko nga po yang video na yan... Ang lala nung ngyare sa pakistani, nasayang lang yung pera 😵‍💫

May nabasa po ako pwede daw kahit nakaSV po tapos nagkaron ng 491/190 invite, hindi po ba conflict yun dahil sa nadeclare sa GTE?

Pwede to, walang issue. Nainvite ako 491 while SV ako. Na grant naman no problems. Iba kong friends nainvite sa 190/189 no issues din.

caspersushi24MACINOZ2023

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

@MLBS said:

@caspersushi24 said:

Pwede to, walang issue. Nainvite ako 491 while SV ako. Na grant naman no problems. Iba kong friends nainvite sa 190/189 no issues din.

Yes, that’s possible. I have some clients in the same situation.

caspersushi24