Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Labour or national

li_i_renli_i_ren North RydePosts: 434Member
edited March 2013 in Working and skilled visas
Election is coming soon this sept. i know most of us still can not vote but for those who are voting which is better?

Who is more migrant friendly?

Which party is more childcare and family friendly?

Currently sa news away lng all the time with the labour party and underhanded techbniques naman from the national party.

Comments

• lilllill Melbourne
    will go for the liberal party. labor prefers to keep their lazy local oz's over hardworking migrants
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    I will go for liberal party.

Puede na ako bumoto this coming election kasi Australian Citizen na ako next week. :D

Yahoo!!

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• hotshothotshot Sydney

Puede na ako bumoto this coming election kasi Australian Citizen na ako next week. :D

Yahoo!!
    wow! congrats po! :)

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    Good on u.. Vote wisely at least sa 1st world country ok to vote kasi no dagdag/bawas... Hahaha!
  • icebreaker1928icebreaker1928 Sydney

Yahoo!!

bakit liberal? ano reason mo?

ayaw mo sa UNA? hahaha joke lang... pero bakit liberal, explain naman para maliwanagan kami tnx :)
    Yup kasi i saw an interview from a liberal party candidate.. He sounded like a homophobic white supremacist sa the project ung show sa channel 10 ata yun. So why liberal party?
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    edited March 2013
    Gillard is very unpopular with Aussies (parang Gloria Arroyo natin but not corrupt)...
    Abbott's party is the obvious alternative kaso napaka-anti niya sa mga migrants naman
    @LokiJr anti din si JG sa mga migrants alam ko... well actually lahat naman sila anti-migrants kaya hinihigpitan na nila ang mga reqts para makapasok sa AU...
    I wemt to cabramatta last sunday... A western sydney suburb akala ko naka uwi ako ng pinas! Hahaha!! The place was filled with asians, trash on the streets, the park was full of people like full at 6 pm across the church... There were clothes hanging in the windows, no one stopped if you cross the street.. May 10 in 1 asian dvd store.. Hahaha!! I was in asia!

And apparently at night, drug trading is still done in cabramatta. Pasaway talaga tong mga chinese and middle easterns! They give migrants a bad name!

Ung father in law ng ate ko sad blacktown used to be a shady place 20 odd years ago..like open drug trading in the streets by the insik and arabo then the pinoys/ malaysians/indonesians/ indians mostly southeast / south asians started coming and that is when it started getting better kasi professional skilled migrants took over the place cause it was a cheap place to buy a starter home for young professionals but because of that nag improve ung blacktown to what it is today.

I think australia wants to make it strict for migrants to come here kasi ung pangit na migrants end up on benefits and pasaway whereas a professional migrant contributes to the economy talaga though competes with them for employment.
    edited March 2013
    I wemt to cabramatta last sunday... A western sydney suburb akala ko naka uwi ako ng pinas! Hahaha!! The place was filled with asians, trash on the streets, the park was full of people like full at 6 pm across the church... There were clothes hanging in the windows, no one stopped if you cross the street.. May 10 in 1 asian dvd store.. Hahaha!! I was in asia!

And apparently at night, drug trading is still done in cabramatta. Pasaway talaga tong mga chinese and middle easterns! They give migrants a bad name!

Ung father in law ng ate ko sad blacktown used to be a shady place 20 odd years ago..like open drug trading in the streets by the insik and arabo then the pinoys/ malaysians/indonesians/ indians mostly southeast / south asians started coming and that is when it started getting better kasi professional skilled migrants took over the place cause it was a cheap place to buy a starter home for young professionals but because of that nag improve ung blacktown to what it is today.

I think australia wants to make it strict for migrants to come here kasi ung pangit na migrants end up on benefits and pasaway whereas a professional migrant contributes to the economy talaga though competes with them for employment.
    Agree with you. Kapag liberals ma regulate ng husto ang migration. Hihigpit lalo ang sistema ng immigration. Yung mga PR migrants na nandito look for work magkakaroon ng chance magkapaghanap ng trabaho na profession nila. Nakakalungkot kasi they give up everything sa kanilang bansa then pagdating dito hirap sila makahanap ng work at kung makahanap man sila hindi naman nila linya at maliit pa ang sahod, hindi sapat. Ang maganda dadami lalo ang infrastructure projects. Mga boat people mag-aalangan na pumunta dito. Malamang this coming election mananalo ang liberals. Kaya advise ko sa mga nagapply na mag migrant dito dali dalian nyo na at baka magbago ang sistema ng gobyerno sa October. Mas malaki ang epekto sa immigration una dyan ang 457 working visa. Kung magbabago man ang sistema lalo sa immigration sa July 2014 pa iimplement yun.

Regards,

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM

"To God be the glory"

• hotshothotshot Sydney

oo nga parang magulo sa Cabramatta pag titingnan mo. teritoryo ng mga Vietnamese yun...hehehe! but actually, we love going there (sa shops malapit sa train station) but only to eat sa Viet restos at mamalengke ng konti.

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

ok naman sa cabramatta... dami murang bilihin... tsaka wag kayo matakot dun... asian naman kayo e...matakot ka pag caucasian ka hehehe...
    Oo sarap nung bread sa rotti praya bah yun?? Mocha butter bread.. :) ung yogurt shop, milk tea shop and vietnamese food authentic! Hahaha!!

Pero if nasa melbourne ka sa cbd mismo multicultural a talaga pagkain... Whereas here in sydney predominantly european dishes except haymarket for chinese food.

Big deal ang western suburb ng sydney for election...si jullia gillard nga nag stay ilang nights sa rooty hill kasi they need to win the western suburb council seats so campaign mode na yun.
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City

Agree with you. Kapag liberals ma regulate ng husto ang migration. Hihigpit lalo ang sistema ng immigration. Yung mga PR migrants na nandito look for work magkakaroon ng chance magkapaghanap ng trabaho na profession nila. Nakakalungkot kasi they give up everything sa kanilang bansa then pagdating dito hirap sila makahanap ng work at kung makahanap man sila hindi naman nila linya at maliit pa ang sahod, hindi sapat. Ang maganda dadami lalo ang infrastructure projects. Mga boat people mag-aalangan na pumunta dito. Malamang this coming election mananalo ang liberals. Kaya advise ko sa mga nagapply na mag migrant dito dali dalian nyo na at baka magbago ang sistema ng gobyerno sa October. Mas malaki ang epekto sa immigration una dyan ang 457 working visa. Kung magbabago man ang sistema lalo sa immigration sa July 2014 pa iimplement yun.

Regards,
    @icebreaker1928 I'd like to think Gillard's party is more open to migrants. Yun nga lang sobra siyang unpopular ngayon...What's scary about Abbott is that parang Romney yung plataporma nila...very conservative na maraming economic steps ang hihigpitan nila...probably kasama dun yung immigration guidelines huhu
    edited March 2013
    http://www.brw.com.au/p/fair_work_gets_right_to_probe_visa_fELRMiT2bhdFiAs20jQCiL

Debate about the 457 visa.

http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/news/poll-shows-overwhelming-support-for-gillard-s-457

Difference of pay and job priority na ung foreigners compared to ozzies dahil sa 457.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2013/03/457-visa-facts-expose-labor-race-card/

457 ..458 visas topics this election. The race card if u may.
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    So Kevin has already conceded defeat to Tony.

Ang kinatatakot ko lang dito kay Abbott is that he is not very migrant-friendly. Napanood ko isang interview niya. i had this impression na he was very conservative. Siya yung tipong maghihigpit ng laws. Inayawan na niya ang equality of marriage for homosexuals. This doesn't sit well with me. If he can't be sympathetic to them, I wonder how he can be sympathetic to us.

And he's had history of cutting thousands of jobs to cut back on national spending. May mga kwento in the rumour-mill na pati penalty rates matatanggal.

Ewan ko ba, I can't muster any sort of support for the new prime minister.

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

ok lang yan... no more boat people... gives us legal migrants a fair fighting chance.
    So Kevin has already conceded defeat to Tony.

Ang kinatatakot ko lang dito kay Abbott is that he is not very migrant-friendly. Napanood ko isang interview niya. i had this impression na he was very conservative. Siya yung tipong maghihigpit ng laws. Inayawan na niya ang equality of marriage for homosexuals. This doesn't sit well with me. If he can't be sympathetic to them, I wonder how he can be sympathetic to us.

And he's had history of cutting thousands of jobs to cut back on national spending. May mga kwento in the rumour-mill na pati penalty rates matatanggal.

Ewan ko ba, I can't muster any sort of support for the new prime minister.
    Dont worry Nadine everything will be alright.
    New Prime Minister Tony Abbott is a migrant friendly.

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"