If you are just starting your journey and wish to have a good grasp on the latest Australia migration changes, this webinar will surely put you on track. It's a comprehensive overview from our MARA Partner - Visa Consort covering the steps you need, points (how to maximize them) and also the pitfalls or mistakes to avoid. Click here if you want to know more
Registered Nurse and want to live and work in Australia? Do you want to be a Registered Nurse in Australia? Are you ready to start the Outcome Based Assessment? Join this Live Q & A segment by World2Australia.
Welcome to the New and Upgraded Pinoy AU Forum! We have only updated a couple of times since 2010. Apology it took some time. Some of the features are still being migrated. Please feel free to report here or email me at [email protected] if you will encounter any issues. Thank you.

New travel exemption added for Australians leaving Australia

Due to COVID-19, the government has put in place strict border measures to protect the health of the Australian community. There are travel restrictions in place and Australian citizens and permanent residents are only allowed to travel in limited circumstances.

A new travel exemption has been added recently to the below list. If you are travelling outside Australia for three months or longer, you are eligible to apply for an exemption.

You can also apply for a travel exemption on one of the following grounds:

  • your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
  • your travel is essential for your business/employer
  • you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
  • you are travelling on compassionate or humanitarian grounds
  • your travel is in the national interest.

You can apply for the exemption online. To apply, you must provide evidence to substantiate your claim. You may need to provide the following documents:

  • passport/s
  • marriage certificate/s
  • birth certificate/s
  • death certificate/s
  • proof of relationship (for example, shared tenancy agreement, joint bank account etc.)*
  • proof that you are moving to another country on a long term basis such as leases, job offers and evidence your goods are being transported
  • proof of your current valid visa, including in Australia and/or overseas
  • letter from a doctor or hospital about any medical treatment/condition with statements on why travel is necessary
  • letter from your employer, or other evidence that you are travelling for an essential business reason
  • statement or evidence to show when you wish to return to Australia
  • any other proof you may have to support your claims.

Whilst most travel exemption requests are finalised in 48 hours, some requests may take longer. It is therefore best to submit the online request at least two weeks, but not more than three months prior to travel.



For more information on how we assess travel exemptions, see our guidelines:

Recent News

New travel exemption added for Australians leaving Australia

New Zealand and Australia are world’s most powerful passports

English Test for Permanent Stage of Partner Visas

Major Partner Visa Changes, Family-Employer-Business Visas Prioritised Within 160,000 Places

Can you get permanent residency in Australia with a criminal record?

The post New travel exemption added for Australians leaving Australia appeared first on Australian Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers Melbourne | SeekVisa.


Top Active Contributors

Top Posters