Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Tourist Stream vs Sponsored Family Stream atbp tanong

jp1978jp1978 Los AngelesPosts: 22Member
Hi all, I would like to host my parents and my brother and his family over the Christmas and New Year holidays. My family and I have been in Oz for just over a year (year and a half in December) though we were only granted permanent residency in March. I've been reading the border.gov.au pages of the 600 visa as well as forum posts all over the web. There are a few things that are still a bit unclear. I hope someone can help with these questions:

1. According to the Sponsored Family Stream fact sheet, the sponsor must be settled in Australia for a reasonable period, usually two years. Is that a hard requirement or have they been known to allow shorter periods?

2. I've read elsewhere that the success rate for the Tourism Stream is better than that for Sponsored Family and that it's a better idea to apply through the Tourist Stream if possible. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge either way?

3. To whom should the invitation letter be addressed, the immigration officer or my family?

4. How long before the planned departure date should we lodge the visa applications? I've heard that it should be no earlier than three months before but I've not seen any official guidance on this.

5. One of my brother's children is of working age, is currently employed, and still lives with the family. Does the child need to submit their own financial documents. If everyone's going on the trip how do they demonstrate family ties in the PH?

6. Is there anything I should be especially aware of?

Thanks!

Comments

• schamaschama singapore
    jp 1978 i suggest used the tourist stream not the sponsored I tried both and the sponsored tourist stream give me a pain...single entry lang ang naaproved with 3 months validity with no extension but before ,using tourism stream my mom approved 2 years with multiple entry.
    - invitation letter should address to the person you are inviting
    - 4. I think to be fair you should process 3 months before and in immi website they have a rought estimate.