Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Is SSS or Pag ibig loan can be a basis for Visa Denial

raiden14raiden14 SydneyPosts: 704Member
edited October 2013 in Working and skilled visas
Ask ko lang po, wala kasi akong planong i settle to, baka kasi magamit ng iba. so magiging basis po ba ito for visa denial? If yes kasi I might need to fix it asap. thanks!

Visa Grant - Dec 22, 2015

Comments

• TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    Ask ko lang po, wala kasi akong planong i settle to, baka kasi magamit ng iba. so magiging basis po ba ito for visa denial? If yes kasi I might need to fix it asap. thanks!
    i don't think so... a loan is a loan, nothing wrong with it. if you default on a loan though, it will be a problem.

besides, i don't think they have capacity to know if you really have a pag-ibig loan in the first place.

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

• raiden14raiden14 Sydney
    thanks!

• loudandclearloudandclear Sydney
    im also contemplating on my pagibig loan kung iddeclare ko ba sa visa appln ko. although as of now, hindi pa approve yung loan appln ko kaya NO pa ang sinagot ko sa question na "outstanding debt from public authority". pero sooner baka ma-approve na so im thinking if i need to inform my CO about this. i wud like to be truthful as possible kase coz im worried they might find out. pero worried din ako baka maka-affect sa visa aplln ko. i asked from another thread kung may same case, dineclare daw nya pero waiting pa sya sa visa grant so hindi pa nya alam ang effect. im hoping na ma visa grant muna bago ma-approve ang loan ko. :)

Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

• packerxpackerx Sydney
    It will not affect your visa application if you do not inform your CO. There are worse things that other people have done like fake work experiences, fake IELTS results or any criminal records and they were granted a visa. For those who were caught, we can see them in the news but we have no idea on the number of people not caught.

Ako since I have a PAGIBIG loan as well and also thinking on defaulting on it or not, if I were in your position I would try my best to avoid the default by trying to pay every other month then if hindi talaga kaya it is best if you approach PAGIBIG so that you can turn over the ownership of the property to them. They will try to convince you to continue paying by lowering interest rates. They have done that with me kaya yata na delay ang pagdefault ko hehe.
  • raiden14raiden14 Sydney
    thanks packerx, actually its not a housing loan, super liit nya lang hehe. i might just pay it off. :)

• packerxpackerx Sydney
    Good move. Any small amount I think is worth paying off kasi bilog ang mundo at sa tingin ko babalikan mo pa rin ang pinas. Baka mga anak mo hindi na pero for us na natural born citizens na laking pinas, it takes a conscious choice and effort to forget our original home country. Ang liit na rin kasi ng mundo ngayon dahil sa internet at social media.
  • MonieMonie Posts: 1Member

So many things & rules have changed over the past few years and this thread is over ten years old.
    So, i'm asking the same question again in this year. Will a loan affect my VISA application?

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@Monie said:
    So many things & rules have changed over the past few years and this thread is over ten years old.
    So, i'm asking the same question again in this year. Will a loan affect my VISA application?

I don't think a loan will affect your visa application because the COs only check things that are related to your identity & points. They won't do a financial check. However, if you default on a loan be aware that if you ever decide to apply for a job with a financial institution they do international checks on prospective employees & if you ever apply for a job with the federal government they will do an even more stringent background check. Sayang naman if you miss out on a job opportunity in the future just because of an unpaid loan.