Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

The Best Visa Options (Caution: a bit long)

gracieTgracieT ManilaPosts: 2Member
Hello. Good day to you guys.
First of, my apologies for the category selected. I chose general since my concern is to mainly zero in on the best visa option applying to Australia. I will give you my background so that you can provide me with the best advice. And I thank you in advance for any input.

I have made my research online and through people I know who live and work in Australia. My sister lives and works in Australia and I actually have visited her in 2 separate occasions.

Based on my research I have 3 options;
- Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
- Student Visa (subclass 500)

I know a thing or 2 of the pros and cons of each of the visa type but I would appreciate the feedback of those who have gone through the process of application. I need your personal input in choosing best visa option. Below is my background and profile;

Education/Professional;
- Have Bachelor's degree in English
- Is a licensed teacher (license expired, can be renewed of course)
- I have around 5 years worth of teaching experience
- I have been working the the BPO industry (customer service) in the last 6 years

Additional info; (some personal but relevant)
- I am single and although I live with my parents..
- I am financially independent (pay my own bills, etc.)
- I am childless and have no dependents
- I am well travelled. I have been to Australia twice and have been to multiple countries in Europe and Central and SE Asia. All on tourist visas.
- I do NOT have significant savings ATM but can take loans
- my sister who lives in Australia is unable to assist me as I am not her dependent. But she can offer me a place to stay if necessary.
- I would like to live and settle down in Australia

My own Pros and Cons;
Subclass 190 and 189
PRO: allow long term or permanent stay
CON: given my educational and professional background there's not a lot of jobs for me not like licensed teachers who majored in STEM

Student Visa
PRO: I've been told is easier to acquire
CON: short term stay, limited work hours, more expensive in the long run

Thank you so much for taking time reading my post. Any input will be appreciated.