Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Uni Student questions

ShinjukoShinjuko MandaluyongPosts: 7Member
edited October 2012 in Study and Training Visa
Hi,

I'm currently studying business in Australia for the duration of 3 years. I also studied nursing for 2 years but not a graduate and had call center work experience before going abroad this year. I've read that my visa allows me to study other courses aside from my main course but I wondered if I could study age care for term 3. Does any one have suggestions or can possibly direct me?

Apart from that I'm looking for part time work and I've tried several now but I still don't think I'm catching up because it just so different. :?

Comments

• michel_75michel_75 Bulacan
    @Shinjuko
    hello! nandyan ka na, buti ka pa. pwedeng magtanong? anong agent mo? nagpaplan kasi akong mag aral pero diploma in acctg lang kasi mabigat ang tf ng masters degree. ty sa sagot mo.
  • ShinjukoShinjuko Mandaluyong
    Cebu based yung agent ko nyun si MS. Rica Veloso sa IDP - Cebu. pero pwdi ka mag apply rin direct muna sa school at ma accept at bigyan ka ng letter of offer yun ang important. Sorry hindi ako masyado magaling mag tagalog.

For me you can directly apply without using an education agent but if you do its a complete package but a little pricey. The important stuff is getting the offer letter from the school you want to get into and suggest to get 7 in all for ielts to ensure your enrolment to major schools :) I got a five in writing but I still got into a uni lol :D if you want you can try Central Queensland University great school!!! :D they a campus based on melbourne :)
    http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/
    http://gooduniguide.com.au/
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Cebu based yung agent ko nyun si MS. Rica Veloso sa IDP - Cebu. pero pwdi ka mag apply rin direct muna sa school at ma accept at bigyan ka ng letter of offer yun ang important. Sorry hindi ako masyado magaling mag tagalog.

For me you can directly apply without using an education agent but if you do its a complete package but a little pricey. The important stuff is getting the offer letter from the school you want to get into and suggest to get 7 in all for ielts to ensure your enrolment to major schools :) I got a five in writing but I still got into a uni lol :D if you want you can try Central Queensland University great school!!! :D they a campus based on melbourne :)
    http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/
    http://gooduniguide.com.au/
    Sa totoo lang talaga di naman kailangan ng agent when it comes to Study Australia. Mismo ang school puede mag asikaso o mag advise kung anu ang tamang gawin for student visa. Search nyo lang yung website ng school click nyo international o international student may mga guidelines na dun kung paanu mag apply o mag enroll sa kanila as international student. mayrun din explaination about Study Pathways. Importante alamin nyo muna kung anung course kukunin nyo at kung available ang course sa school na gusto nyo mag aral. Kailangan lang talaga mag self research sa google at mag inquire sa school.

Goodluck

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

@Shinjuko

salamat sa info, okay lang kahit english. ang ielts ko ay 5.5 lang kaya pang diploma lang ang course na pwede kung kunin. Nagwowory kasi ako sa proof of funds ko kasi hihiramin ko lang yon. Kaya gusto ko may mag assist sa akin. Really appreciate your answer.
    @TotoyOZresident

kung sakaling makatapos ako ng 2yrs course dyan sa Australia, then after 2 yrs makakuha ako ng 485 visa, paano po ako mag aapply ng PR? through skill select po ba? yong pts system? o ano po ang next move ko?
  • amedinaamedina Sydney
    HI Shinjuko, do have an idea bout the English language courses in universities in australia? After the course, do I need to take ielts? I only got 6.5 on my last exam. thanks.

11/17/12: passed school application thru IDP * 12/4/12: received letter of offer (univ. of newcastle) * 12/12/12: credit application * 2/22/13: received new letter of offer * 2/26/13: paid deposit fee * 3/8/13: received COE and paid visa fee * 4/10/13: visa application thru IDP * 4/11/13: medical request from DIAC * 4/12/13: medical exam done * 4/19/13: SLEC uploaded my medicals * 4/12/13: medical exam done * 7/11/13: VISA GRANTED

I'm not sure but u can find courses that levels with that but for me I was lucky to find a bachelor even if I had a band score of 5 in writing. Lol.

• iheartoziheartoz Sydney
    @Shinjuko si ms. rica din ang agent na nakausap ko when i went to cebu last month. nasubmit ko na last week ang requirements ko pero i heard nothing from IDP pa. how do i contact her ba? wala kasi syang binigay na email add. IDP email lang mismo. i'm lost talaga ngayon. thanks sa tulong.
  • YukishihYukishih Melbourne
    @amedina ano ang course mo?

22May2012 Applied at Deakin University
    24May2012 Deakin University assessment
    11June2012 Offer Letter
    13June2012 Requested for Campus transfer
    03July2012 Approved Request for transfer with new offer
    12July2012 Sent hard copies of documents before payment of tuition Fee
    17July2012 Paid tuition Fee
    18July2012 Received eCoE
    30July2012 Filed visa application at VIA centre
    31July2012 Received sms acknowledgement from Australian Embassy
    01August2012 Medical Notification
    Medicals done for my whole family except for my U/A
    which is pending
    25August2012 e-Health uploaded to Australian Embassy
    31August2012 Visa Granted!
    01September2012 Received Confirmation

That in all things GOD may be glorified!

@iheartoz nabigyan ka na ng offer letter from the school you applied? I did mostly mine and the agent just processed it...but I did most of the work...):
    Anyway without an offer letter there will be no visa processed..you can fill up the form and pass it to your agent but without an offer letter from the school you wish to study in no visa processing much will be done...

• KiX06KiX06 Los Angeles
    any uni students here in Perth?