Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Passport Extension/Renewal?

CamelliaCrossCamelliaCross MelbournePosts: 6Member
edited April 2017 in General
Hello

My passport would be expired around May, but I'm just wondering if there's any way para maextend po yung expiry date ng passport ko. I was thinking of going to the embassy in Canberra for renewals but I think medyo matatagalan pa po until mareceive ko yung bago.
(I tried calling through the telephone details pero puro voicemail lang ang dina-direct. :'( ) Do I still need to book an appointment with them?

Advice will be appreciated. Pa share na rin po ng experience in visiting the embassy for passport purposes.
Thank you. ;3;

Comments

• filifili melbourne
    hi miss Camellia, anna here from melbourne I am going to renew my passport as well and about to book ticket to canberra, but since first time ko mag travel outside melbourne all by myself i am also trying to find out pano process ng pag apply dun sa embassy I already have all the papers needed but im a bit hesitant to go there alone kaya inaalam ko na ang process kasi balikan din lang ako. if you can get any idea please do share i will look forward for your response
  • CamelliaCrossCamelliaCross Melbourne
    hello @fili, I inquired through email several hours ago before I posted this thread, and the embassy replied. They told me the passport and postage fee is at AUD 118, pero it wouldn't hurt to bring extra just in case. I've heard people saying that they had to pay in cash for some photocopies of stuff.
    As for the procedures di pa ko sure, I'm still looking through, but there were others saying that it's quick and they finished around 15 minutes or so. Wala daw masyadong pila, so hopefully di ganun ka complicated. Hope this helps a bit. o:
  • filifili melbourne
    hello @CamelliaCross thanks for responding, i am checking websites ang hirap kasi kumontak sa embassy asking yung step by step procedure, anyway do you have any plans of renewing your passport at canberra? sorry for asking but i would love to have some company na parehas ng situation ko ;) i do have all the requirements needed lahat galing pilipinas kailangan na lang mag book ng ticket, the best airline is virgin australia though a bit expensive but they have lots of same day returning flights. So if you have plans let me know, my husband want me to fly there the soonest possible. hope to hear from you
  • CamelliaCrossCamelliaCross Melbourne
    edited April 2017
    @fili whoa i wish nakita ko to earlier! D: kahapon lang po nag take ako ng flight sa Canberra, by two different airlines. Mahal po kasi pag depart and return trip kahit virgin australia, kaya tigerair and virgin au ang kinuha ko. Anyway, their procedure in the embassy isn't so complicated as expected. Pumunta lang po ako sa consular office which was located at the side of their building. There was a log book in the office, make sure to sign on it kasi dun po sila nag b base kung sino yung susunod na tatawagin.

Yesterday medyo madaming tao na nag r renew ng passport or nag f file ng papers kaya inabot ako ng around 1 hour sa antayan. Tinanong din po kasi ako kung gusto ko mag register sa overseas voting kaya nag file na rin ako. Pero yung actual procedure ng passport renewal saglit lang. By my experience yung mga documents na pinrepare ko days ago di naman hiningi, yung passport ko lang yung tinignan ska vinalidate. (Pero dalin na din yung mga docs to be sure, along with a copy of your visa kasi baka i check) Isang upo lang sa harap ng officer, picture tapos kuha ng fingerprint and signing tapos na. I kind of wish ganun din kasaglit sa pinas, hehe. Afterwards they just gave me a slip of paper for the instructions of claiming the new passport when it's done (sabi nila sa website daw yun i u update), along with the receipt for the payment. Kakailanganin yun when you send the passport back via mail to them so that they can cancel it.

Medyo kabado po ako nung una pero simple lang pala yung mga gagawin haha. Mas matagal pa yung inistay ko sa airport rather dun sa pag p process nila sa embassy.