Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Total Funds for a Skilled Migration visa 189

kath.sarmkath.sarm ManilaPosts: 1Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking into moving to Australia.

I see that the processing fee increased to 4,500AUD now. Aside from that fee and the IELTS and other documentation fees, how much must I have as migration funds? I mean funds to keep me going while I look for work in Australia for let's say 6 months to 1 year and this includes food, accommodation, transportation, and connectivity (phones and internet). Is this migration fund also a requirement in the visa application?

Hope I hear from someone helpful. Have a good day :)

Comments

• KimBokJooKimBokJoo Makati
    edited May 2017
    I think it's still 3600 and increased minimal amount lang around $70 lang ata for the processing fee.

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/05/10/australian-visas-cost-more-1-july-2017
  • tootiestooties Mandaluyong
    Estimate cost of living

Depends on which state you are: I can give an overview for Victoria precisely Melbourne.

Single Private Room in a shared house: 150-180 depends also on how close you are to the CBD,closer to city more expensive.

Bills: sometimes included in rent others shared equally among the # of occupant.
    But set aside around 75-100aud per month for (Gas/elstricity/internet/water) if house sharing

Food: Single person I find 30-50aud per week is enough then again some weeks you buy more or less.

Refer to coles.com.au or woolworths.com.au for common food prices

Mobile: cheapest with unli call and text to any network plus decent 1GB data a month is 19.90

Public transport: Daily cost 8.25 I think unlimited rides (bus/Train/tram) but if you buy a 30days pass around 145aud unli rides as well.

Of course additional cost would be private insurance if not yet PR, entertainment cost etc...

Hope that answers you question