Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Questions Regarding Onshore Partner Visa Application

jerkgjerkg QCPosts: 8Member
edited September 2019 in Family and Partner Visas

Hi! Gusto ko pong itanong because I am helping my mom and stepdad with their 820. DIY po ito so we gathered all documents and identification needed that is on the requirement checklist. My mom and stepdad are already married since 2017. We are currently onshore and nagbayad na kami because you cant upload attachments until you paid. So when we saw the attachment page, may mga ibang categories dun under my mom's name na wala naman sa checklist. But I know things like Form 80 needs to be accomplished (DIY student visa experience) So here are my questions:

1. Should we try to attach documents for things we think is not relevant? ie. there is an item there for proof of relationship and the only 2 choices for the documents to be uploaded is declaration/registry of relationship (which is required for defacto relationships that should be declared)

2. Should we book an appointment for medical examination and federal police clearance? or is this for stage 2?

3. Is there a time limit for how long you are allowed to attach files for the application? We mostly gathered the basic requirements like nature of household, photos, identification, etc. Baka lang may time limit na pag di namin na attach yung ibang documents in a certain timeframe ma deny yung application.

4. Since my mom and my sister (dependent in the application) already got their bridging visa with "No conditions", does that mean they have full work rights?

5. Regarding my stepdad's 40SP, I know he also needs a write-up of the details of the relationship. Though we were thinking of just editing my moms write-up and putting it in his perspective for consistency. Kaso I'm doubting if that would be a good thing. Kailangan ba talaga dapat genuinely in HIS own words? Kasi we were debating na if in His own words baka yung mga ibang info my mom provided in her application would contradict with my stepdads. What do you guys think?

Salamat po mga kabayan. I will share our experience of DIY applying when this pushes through

Comments

• aanoveraanover Sydney

@jerkg
    1.) No, you don't have to attach irrelevant documents, but for the registry of relationship won't that be your parents' marriage contract?
    2.) Medical and federal police clearance is for stage 1 however please be mindful of when you'd like to do this. Some completed their health check and police clearance after submission of the application and have been asked to complete them again as they have expired by the time a CO has been assigned and looked at the application.
    3.) No time limit, however major event should be dated properly - like our marriage, travels, finance proof etc are gathered prior to the date of lodgement (and documents were dated before date of application) as COs need to see previous proof of relationship. We also kept adding proofs - travel finance every month after application to support ongoing and genuine relationship claim
    4.) Check VEVO, this will give you exact details for work and study limit.
    5.) We drafted one stat dec for everything then changed the perspective (sponsor/applicant) for consistency.

Hope this helps.

ERAAA

Nominated Occupation: 261313 (Software Engineer)

20160327 - Nomination Lodged 186 ENS Direct Entry
    20160407 - Submitted ACS Skill Application
    20160414 - ACS Result
    20160416 - 186 ENS Visa Lodged
    20160429 - Medical - Bupa Visa Services Syd
    20160502 - AFP Check
    20160915 - Nomination Approved
    20161213 - Grant!!!!!!

• ERAAAERAAA Posts: 60Member

@aanover said:
    @jerkg
    1.) No, you don't have to attach irrelevant documents, but for the registry of relationship won't that be your parents' marriage contract?
    2.) Medical and federal police clearance is for stage 1 however please be mindful of when you'd like to do this. Some completed their health check and police clearance after submission of the application and have been asked to complete them again as they have expired by the time a CO has been assigned and looked at the application.
    3.) No time limit, however major event should be dated properly - like our marriage, travels, finance proof etc are gathered prior to the date of lodgement (and documents were dated before date of application) as COs need to see previous proof of relationship. We also kept adding proofs - travel finance every month after application to support ongoing and genuine relationship claim
    4.) Check VEVO, this will give you exact details for work and study limit.
    5.) We drafted one stat dec for everything then changed the perspective (sponsor/applicant) for consistency.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful! Thanks for this.