Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visa 190 and 491

Comments

• rentawrentaw Posts: 49Member

@whimpee said:

@rentaw said:
    Just seeking some advice.
    We already have pre invite for 491 at 65 points (including state nomination), still waiting for actual ITA.
    Now I'm thinking if worth it pa ba na take kami ni husband ng PTE both to increase our points and apply ng 189/190 and try to see if mainvite pa kami dito before we lodge visa ng 491.
    Or should we just wait na lang sa result ng 491 and move on with this visa? If kayo ba?

If I were in the situation, I would proceed with getting approved for the 491 sponsorship. Once ITA is received, there's 60 days naman to file it so there's time to take the test and see if you can get higher points and submit additional EOI for 189/190. If hindi dumating yung invitation for 189/190 within the 60 days, I would proceed with applying for the 491 since yan na yung available.

Yes we will proceed naman getting approved the 491 nomination. Thinking lang if worth it pa ba to retake english test and try our chances pa sa 189/190.

POINTS BREAKDOWN and JOB CODE
    ANZSCO Code : 261311 - Analyst Programmer
    Age : 25 | Education : 15 | Work : 10| English IELTS : 0 | State/Territory Nomination: 15
    Main Applicant : Husband

****TIMELINE****

Jan-09-2024 - 491 SA Visa Grant

May 01, 2023 - PCC submitted
    Apr 13, 2023 Lodged Visa 491 SA (65 pts)
    Feb 27, 2023 - 491 SA State Nomination Approval and ITA from Skillselect
    Jan 24, 2023 - SA Nomination Submitted
    Jan 12, 2023 -Pre Invite (SA 491)
    Jan 04, 2023 - EOI for 491 SA

Dec 2022 - Positive Results on ACS
    Sep 2022 : ACS Application Submitted

Dec 2021 - Signed Service Agreement with Migration Agent
    Sep 2021 - Main applicant IELTS

• DreamerGDreamerG Posts: 269Member

@rentaw said:

@whimpee said:

@rentaw said:
    We already have pre invite for 491 at 65 points (including state nomination), still waiting for actual ITA.
    Now I'm thinking if worth it pa ba na take kami ni husband ng PTE both to increase our points and apply ng 189/190 and try to see if mainvite pa kami dito before we lodge visa ng 491.
    Or should we just wait na lang sa result ng 491 and move on with this visa? If kayo ba?

If I were in the situation, I would proceed with getting approved for the 491 sponsorship. Once ITA is received, there's 60 days naman to file it so there's time to take the test and see if you can get higher points and submit additional EOI for 189/190. If hindi dumating yung invitation for 189/190 within the 60 days, I would proceed with applying for the 491 since yan na yung available.

Yes we will proceed naman getting approved the 491 nomination. Thinking lang if worth it pa ba to retake english test and try our chances pa sa 189/190.

If time permits and money is not an issue, even you lodged your 491, it is worth to lodge 189/190 pag na invite since its direct path to PR.

era222Makuneru

EOI: Nov 2021
    ROI: Aug 2022
    Patiently waiting for Gods' perfect timing

• mt_srf2010mt_srf2010 Posts: 1Member

Me po, 491 grant November 2022

@anacaf said:

Any 491 grants recently po?

anacafputingpinggan
  • chocob0chocob0 Posts: 23Member

Hi. Ask ko lng po kung magkakaproblem ako kung may existing Tourist Visa ako then magaapply ako ng 189, 190?

• whimpeewhimpee Posts: 419Member

@chocob0 said:
    Hi. Ask ko lng po kung magkakaproblem ako kung may existing Tourist Visa ako then magaapply ako ng 189, 190?

Hindi dapat. Tourist visa is temporary lang naman.

491 Visa: Human Resource Adviser - 223111 (80 points) | Age: 15 | English: 10 | Work: 15 | Education : 15 | Partner : 10 | Nomination: 15
    09 Aug 2016 - VETASSESS Initial, Positive
    03 Jan 2020 - VETASSESS Reassessment, Positive
    29 Jan 2020 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 65 pts
    10 Feb 2020 - IELTS, Proficient
    15 Feb 2020 - EOI updated - 75 pts
    18 Jan 2022 - VETASSESS Renewal
    14 Oct 2022 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 80 pts
    10 Nov 2022 - Pre-invite received from NSW, applied on the same day
    18 Nov 2022 - NSW Nomination approved
    21 Nov 2022 - 491 Visa Lodged
    22 Nov 2022 - Submitted Forms 80 and 1221
    25 Nov 2022 - Medical exam and Biometrics
    6 Dec 2022 - Additional medical check requested for 1 dependent
    3 Jan 2023 - Complete health clearance
    5 Jun 2023 - Immi Assessment Commenced email received
    20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

makakapag apply na kasi ako before August for 491,189,190. Kaso may planned visit tlga ako sa Australia sa August to watch World Cup.
    heto na research ko

"When applying for a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) or a Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) in Australia, the Department of Home Affairs assesses whether you meet the eligibility criteria for the visa. This includes demonstrating your genuine intention to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.

If your current tourist visa has conditions that limit your activities or restrict you from engaging in work-related activities, it may be seen as an indicator that your intention is not to stay in Australia permanently. In this case, the Department of Home Affairs may question your eligibility for a skilled visa and your application may be rejected.

Similarly, if your current tourist visa is close to expiring, it may be more difficult for you to demonstrate your genuine intention to stay in Australia for the long-term. In this case, the Department of Home Affairs may ask for additional information or documentation to support your eligibility for a skilled visa.

Therefore, it's important to consider the impact of your current tourist visa on your eligibility for a skilled visa before applying. It's advisable to consult with a registered migration agent for specific advice on your situation."

how true?
    and kung may mga naka experience ng same situation pacomment nlng po.

belleamgao
  • era222era222 Philippines
    edited February 2023

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

makakapag apply na kasi ako before August for 491,189,190. Kaso may planned visit tlga ako sa Australia sa August to watch World Cup.
    heto na research ko

"When applying for a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) or a Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) in Australia, the Department of Home Affairs assesses whether you meet the eligibility criteria for the visa. This includes demonstrating your genuine intention to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.

If your current tourist visa has conditions that limit your activities or restrict you from engaging in work-related activities, it may be seen as an indicator that your intention is not to stay in Australia permanently. In this case, the Department of Home Affairs may question your eligibility for a skilled visa and your application may be rejected.

Similarly, if your current tourist visa is close to expiring, it may be more difficult for you to demonstrate your genuine intention to stay in Australia for the long-term. In this case, the Department of Home Affairs may ask for additional information or documentation to support your eligibility for a skilled visa.

Therefore, it's important to consider the impact of your current tourist visa on your eligibility for a skilled visa before applying. It's advisable to consult with a registered migration agent for specific advice on your situation."

how true?

Hi! Would you have the source/link for this?

The phrasing to me seems like it applies to onshore applicants who, for some reason, hold a tourist visa? I've seen one or two cases of people having lived in Australia for years and then holding a tourist visa (not sure why, maybe to extend their stay), or using it as an unofficial "bridging" visa, or as a means to another visa, if that makes sense.

The tourist visa typically restricts any work-related activities, as its main purpose is for leisure. So afaik, wala dapat problema. But hope someone can shed some more light on this if I'm wrong!

chocob0

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

The phrasing to me seems like it applies to onshore applicants who, for some reason, hold a tourist visa? I've seen one or two cases of people having lived in Australia for years and then holding a tourist visa (not sure why, maybe to extend their stay), or using it as an unofficial "bridging" visa, or as a means to another visa, if that makes sense.

The tourist visa typically restricts any work-related activities, as its main purpose is for leisure. So afaik, wala dapat problema. But hope someone can shed some more light on this if I'm wrong!

This is sent by a friend.
    "As a holder of an existing but used and not yet expired Australian tourist visa while living outside of Australia, you are eligible to apply for a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) or a Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190). However, having a used and not yet expired tourist visa may be seen as an indication that you have recently been in Australia, which may impact your eligibility for a skilled visa."

sana may mag comment pa na iba with similar exp

belleamgao
  • MLBSMLBS Manila

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

"As a holder of an existing but used and not yet expired Australian tourist visa while living outside of Australia, you are eligible to apply for a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) or a Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190). However, having a used and not yet expired tourist visa may be seen as an indication that you have recently been in Australia, which may impact your eligibility for a skilled visa."

What stage are you in sa PR process? Nag lodge ka na ba ng EOI or nainvite ka na?

belleamgao

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

• chocobochocobo Posts: 7Member

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

What stage are you in sa PR process? Nag lodge ka na ba ng EOI or nainvite ka na?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.
    Kasi may lakad tlga ako this year sa Australia to watch FIFA Women’s World Cup. Baka maapektuhan kasi skilled visa application ko kung may existing tourist visa ako.

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.
    Kasi may lakad tlga ako this year sa Australia to watch FIFA Women’s World Cup. Baka maapektuhan kasi skilled visa application ko kung may existing tourist visa ako.

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.

You mean lodged palang EOI mo? Ok lang yan hindi issue ang pagpunta sa tourist sa PR. Basehan naman sa PR is if mababackup mo yung points na claimed mo. Di ka naman nagvviolate ng kahit anong rule pag nagbakasyon ka dito.

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    2018*****

2019*****
    2020*****
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged

@MLBS said:

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.

You mean lodged palang EOI mo? Ok lang yan hindi issue ang pagpunta sa tourist sa PR. Basehan naman sa PR is if mababackup mo yung points na claimed mo. Di ka naman nagvviolate ng kahit anong rule pag nagbakasyon ka dito.

What if bigla ako na Invite within the year? And di pa expired tourist visa ko? Or possible di maninvite dahil may existing visa? Or need i bridge? Hmmm

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.

What if bigla ako na Invite within the year? And di pa expired tourist visa ko? Or possible di maninvite dahil may existing visa? Or need i bridge? Hmmm

Pwede ka mainvite kahit may existing visa ka. SV ako before then nainvite ako sa 491 wala naman problema granted naman. Found this on the immi page.

chocoboera222

95 pts total
    2017*****
    2018*****

2019*****
    2020*****
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged

edited February 2023

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocob0 said:

@era222 said:

@chocob0 said:

@whimpee said:

@chocob0 said:

heto na research ko

how true?

Hi.
    EOI pa lng.

I also have an active TV and a visit to Australia. Wala namang niraise sakin ang agent ko, despite disclosing this already, and from the DHA website this shouldn't be an issue. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/travelling-and-your-visa/travel-while-your-visa-is-being-processed

ConboyboyMLBS

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC

Similar din kaya kung mauna tourist visa ko?

Considered na pa na waiting for decision ung EOI?

Pwede pa share nung link? Ty

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@chocobo said:

Wala pa bearing yang EOI kasi di ka pa naman nainvite. As in di pa yan nagmamatter. Pag visa lodged na then that's when you think about such. Don't be worried about things na wala naman dapat ikaworry haha

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/travelling-and-your-visa/travel-while-your-visa-is-being-processed

era222_sebodemachochocobojinigirl

95 pts total
    2017*****
    2018*****

2019*****
    2020*****
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC
    edited February 2023

@MLBS said:

@chocobo said:

Wala pa bearing yang EOI kasi di ka pa naman nainvite. As in di pa yan nagmamatter. Pag visa lodged na then that's when you think about such. Don't be worried about things na wala naman dapat ikaworry haha

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/travelling-and-your-visa/travel-while-your-visa-is-being-processed

Adding onto this, even at the visa application stage, dont worry too much especially TV lang rin naman yung meron kang visa haha!

MLBS

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

@MLBS said:

@chocobo said:

Thank you sa inyo. As an engineer dapat plantsado na lahat at advance tlga ako mag isip hahahahaha. Nasanay lng. Thanks ulit. Tuloy ang world cup

_sebodemachoMLBS
  • MLBSMLBS Manila

@chocobo said:

@MLBS said:

@chocobo said:

Thank you sa inyo. As an engineer dapat plantsado na lahat at advance tlga ako mag isip hahahahaha. Nasanay lng. Thanks ulit. Tuloy ang world cup

Good mindset yan! Better to be overequipped than lacking. Enjoy your trip!

chocoboera222

95 pts total
    2017*****
    2018*****

2019*****
    2020*****
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited February 2023

@Bridge said:
    Hello po, meron po ba dito na napre-invite for state nomination 190 visa. Gaano po katagal ang waiting hanngang makatanggap ng ITA? Napre invite kasi ako nung April pa. Natapos sila sa paghingi ng additional docs nung June until now waiting pa rin ako.

Likely they > @chocobo said:

Hi. 2 years na rin pala nakalipas simula nung nag asikaso ako to apply visa 190/491. Dumating kasi bigla si Covid kaya bigla nawala sa isip ko.
    Nakapag asawa na ako at lumagpas na yung age ko sa maximum point bracket.
    Kaya from 70 points naging 55 points ako( di pa kasama dito PTE proficient/superior at partner PTE points)

Ang tanong ko is,

1. Given na 55 points lng ako, need ko ba makuha muna yung minimum 65 points bago ako ma invite for visa 49?

2. As per Visa consort na nakusap ko dito. Kahit 55 points lang daw ako pwede daw maapplyan ko ung 491 ksi magbibigay naman daw ng 15 points pag na select ako. Gano katotoo?

3. Nag research din kaso ako. As per research, bago ka select for visa 491 o bago mo makuha 15 points from visa 491 is dapat meron ka muna minimum of 65 points. Tama po ba ito? Or Tama si Visa consort? See #2

@chocobo said:
    Hi. 2 years na rin pala nakalipas simula nung nag asikaso ako to apply visa 190/491. Dumating kasi bigla si Covid kaya bigla nawala sa isip ko.
    Kaya from 70 points naging 55 points ako( di pa kasama dito PTE proficient/superior at partner PTE points)

Ang tanong ko is,

1. Given na 55 points lng ako, need ko ba makuha muna yung minimum 65 points bago ako ma invite for visa 49?

2. As per Visa consort na nakusap ko dito. Kahit 55 points lang daw ako pwede daw maapplyan ko ung 491 ksi magbibigay naman daw ng 15 points pag na select ako. Gano katotoo?

3. Nag research din kaso ako. As per research, bago ka select for visa 491 o bago mo makuha 15 points from visa 491 is dapat meron ka muna minimum of 65 points. Tama po ba ito? Or Tama si Visa consort? See #2

This is visa consort :) I think you are better off asking another agent qualified to give you advice to challenge the information I provided you vs asking people from the forum.

FYI, to be a qualified migration agent one has to study a post grad course in Australian immigration law and practice… it just doesn’t make sense to verify from members in this forum the information you have gathered from our free consultation…it would be more appropriate to ask a fellow qualified registered agent as likely the advice you will get is pretty much accurate.

Let me clarify your #2 as it seems that you had a different interpretation of the information I provided. I think you are confused with the difference between EOI and visa application.

EOI is not a visa application. You can lodge your EOI with at least 50 points if you choose 491 as your preferred visa subclass since you’ll get 15 points automatically. Hence the total points you will be able to claim is 65 which makes you eligible a visa 491.

Your interpretation of my advice just made me look like I gave you the wrong advice…please be careful on what you post. I have given you 30 minutes of my time to explain things to you only to be put in a not so positive light.

With regards to your #3, I can tell you already what you have researched is wrong….but again this is really up to you whether you will heed the information you got from Google vs information you have gathered from a registered migration agent with over 10 years experience, a post grad qualification in Australian immigration law and has a professional library of legislations related to Australian immigration…all the best…I hope you find the right guidance.

caspersushi24Makunerujinigirlmikeloieuy

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Bridge said:
    Hello po, meron po ba dito na napre-invite for state nomination 190 visa. Gaano po katagal ang waiting hanngang makatanggap ng ITA? Napre invite kasi ako nung April pa. Natapos sila sa paghingi ng additional docs nung June until now waiting pa rin ako.

Ang tanong ko is,

@chocobo said:

Ang tanong ko is,

This is visa consort :) I think you are better off asking another agent qualified to give you advice to challenge the information I provided you vs asking people from the forum.

FYI, to be a qualified migration agent one has to study a post grad course in Australian immigration law and practice… it just doesn’t make sense to verify from members in this forum the information you have gathered from our free consultation…it would be more appropriate to ask a fellow qualified registered agent as likely the advice you will get is pretty much accurate.

Let me clarify your #2 as it seems that you had a different interpretation of the information I provided. I think you are confused with the difference between EOI and visa application.

EOI is not a visa application. You can lodge your EOI with at least 50 points if you choose 491 as your preferred visa subclass since you’ll get 15 points automatically. Hence the total points you will be able to claim is 65 which makes you eligible a visa 491.

Your interpretation of my advice just made me look like I gave you the wrong advice…please be careful on what you post. I have given you 30 minutes of my time to explain things to you only to be put in a not so positive light.

With regards to your #3, I can tell you already what you have researched is wrong….but again this is really up to you whether you will heed the information you got from Google vs information you have gathered from a registered migration agent with over 10 years experience, a post grad qualification in Australian immigration law and has a professional library of legislations related to Australian immigration…all the best…I hope you find the right guidance.

Hi Rhea

My apologies for the confusion.
    1. What I meant is the general description of "Visa Consort" not you. Not sure kung Visa Consort tlga tawag sa tumutulong sa visa application. May kausap din kasi ako ibang "Visa consort" na iba pinapagawa sakin. I am just getting more info.

1. I am very confused kaya po humihingi ako opinion sa iba. I know Naibigay sakin ung sagot sakin ng Consort. But Nature ko manghingi pa ng opinion ng iba para ma convinced tlga ako. And I dont know kung mali iyon?
    2. Wala po ako masamang intention.
    edited February 2023

@chocob0 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Bridge said:

Ang tanong ko is,

@chocobo said:

Ang tanong ko is,

Hi Rhea

My apologies for the confusion.
    1. What I meant is the general description of "Visa Consort" not you. Not sure kung Visa Consort tlga tawag sa tumutulong sa visa application. May kausap din kasi ako ibang "Visa consort" na iba pinapagawa sakin. I am just getting more info.

2. I am very confused kaya po humihingi ako opinion sa iba. I know Naibigay sakin ung sagot sakin ng Consort. But Nature ko manghingi pa ng opinion ng iba para ma convinced tlga ako. And I dont know kung mali iyon?
    3. Wala po ako masamang intention.

Visa consort is a registered company name in the UK. I think you are referring to a migration agent. Visa consort is not a generic term referred to someone who assists a visa applicant. They are called migration agent.

There is nothing wrong to enquire and seek opinion here but when you put words into my mouth about your #2 comment, this makes it all wrong because your interpretation of my advice during the 30 minute free consultation you had with me is totally wrong. In no way I would advise you that you can apply for a 491 visa with 55 points. That makes me look like an incompetent immigration consultant. Do know that you can get actually into trouble legally for writing such a thing which never even happened and could damage one’s reputation aka libel. The worst part here is I gave you 30 minutes of my free time out of goodwill only to be misinterpreted and be posted on a forum with such an advice which didn’t even occur.

Anyway, thanks for reaching out via my work email to apologise. I appreciate the effort but would be great if you can kindly retract/correct what you have posted about Visa Consort/my advice. Next time be careful what you post. I am active in this forum because I want to help in my own little way and keep this forum alive by giving some professional perspective.

@chocobo said:

Ang tanong ko is,

Hi Everyone and Ms.Rhea

I just want to clarify and correct my previous post especially item #2.
    I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the mistake I made while quoting Visa Consort in my previous post quoted above. I posted my own interpretation not the actual statement from Visa Consort. It was a careless error on my part, and I am truly sorry for any confusion or misinterpretation that it may have caused. I understand the importance of accurately representing someone's words and thoughts, and I failed to do so in this instance. I take full responsibility for my mistake and I am committed to making it right. I will make sure to thoroughly verify all quotes in the future to avoid any similar errors. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that this may have caused and I will do everything in my power to rectify the situation."

jinigirlluckyeli0520

@chocob0 said:

@chocobo said:

Ang tanong ko is,

Hi Everyone and Ms.Rhea

I just want to clarify and correct my previous post especially item #2.
    I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the mistake I made while quoting Visa Consort in my previous post quoted above. I posted my own interpretation not the actual statement from Visa Consort. It was a careless error on my part, and I am truly sorry for any confusion or misinterpretation that it may have caused. I understand the importance of accurately representing someone's words and thoughts, and I failed to do so in this instance. I take full responsibility for my mistake and I am committed to making it right. I will make sure to thoroughly verify all quotes in the future to avoid any similar errors. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that this may have caused and I will do everything in my power to rectify the situation."

Thank you for clarifying and owning up to it.

chocobo
  • ConboyboyConboyboy Sa puso mo

Any recent NSW 190 grants?

I saw this from immi:
    Previously published points scores and work experience guides for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) have been removed due to increased availability of the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) by the Department of Home Affairs.

chocob0MACINOZ2023
    edited February 2023

@Conboyboy said:
    Any recent NSW 190 grants?

I saw this from immi:
    Previously published points scores and work experience guides for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) have been removed due to increased availability of the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) by the Department of Home Affairs.

I believe yan yung statement nila (ng NSW state, not immigration) nung ni-remove na nila yung points and work experience requirement a few months ago para sa state nomination (190). Before kasi nyan, earlier in this financial year, may criteria si NSW for EOI selection/invitation. For example, for Job A, need ng 85 points and 2 years of experience. Ngayon wala na. Since then, mukhang bumawi na si NSW sa paulan ng invites :)

Saw lots of people get their 190 NSW grants recently sa Facebook groups, specifically this one:

MACINOZ2023Conboyboycaspersushi24

• Isla_JackIsla_Jack Geelong

@gelangel said:
    Hi.. May chance po ba magkaron ng invite ang 80 points for visa 491? Software Engineer. Thank you.

Ang Invitation to Apply (ITA) sa visa 491 ay based sa demand ng mga skills sa isang particular na region sa Australia. Ang mga point na ibinibigay sa isang aplikante ay nag-depende sa kanilang occupation at iba pang factors tulad ng age, language proficiency, at work experience.

Hangga't hindi pa napapahayag ng Department of Home Affairs ng Australia ang anumang pormal na anunsyo tungkol sa pagbibigay ng mga ITAs sa mga aplikante sa visa 491, hindi maaring sabihin kung may chance ka na magkaron ng 80 points na score.

Ang pinakamabuting solusyon ay suriin ang kanilang website para sa anumang update sa programa at mag-submit ng aplikasyon kung nag-meet ka sa mga requirement.
    If you have need more info visit the website: https://www.atlantisvisas.com.au/work/skilled-employer-sponsored-regional-subclass-191-visa

@Isla_Jack said:

@gelangel said:
    Hi guys.. do you think 80 points (Software Engineer) is enough to get a Visa 491?

Hello! As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions. However, I can tell you that the points score required for a Subclass 491 visa, also known as Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa, is subject to change and dependent on various factors such as the applicant's occupation, age, English language ability, and other factors. As of my knowledge cut-off, the minimum points score required to be eligible for this visa is 65. Whether 80 points would be enough to secure a visa would depend on the latest information available and the individual circumstances of the applicant. :)

As long as one meets the minimum eligibility points of 65 - whether it’s 189, 190 or 491, there’s always a chance. Especially these days, it’s raining invites on our cases. We’ve had clients get invited at 65 points. Just get yourself out there, exhaust all possible visa options. 491 (state nomination stream) is not even subject to points priority which means candidates are chosen based on the selection criteria of the state, therefore getting the highest points is not the be all and end all.

• stihlce12stihlce12 Singapore

invitation round ng WA now.. who got invitation?

28 March 2023: Heal Assessment-Health Clearance Provided
    25 March 2023: Medical Exam Done
    17 March 2023: Visa Lodge SC 190
    02 March 2023: Received Nomination Approval NSW and ITA from DOHA
    15 Feb 2023: Received Pre-invitation from NSW
    11 Dec 2022: Submitted EOI for SC 190 NSW & VIC and SC 189
    15 Nov 2022: Received Skill Assessment From Engr Aus-Prof Eng
    10 Oct 2022: Submitted Standard CDR to Engr Aus for Skill Assessment
    09 May 2022: PTE Exam Result Proficient Score

edited February 2023

@whimpee said:

@rentaw said:

One thing to consider for this stratetegy is if whilst waiting, you get an invite for 190, you will be asked if you’ve applied/been granted a nomination for/from another state. Your answer will be yes which will not benefit your 190 nomination application since your credibility to genuinely want to move to that state is questionable. As an agent, I wouldn’t advise to do such thing. Not a smart move at all. When you apply for a nomination, best to stick to it.

whimpeeConboyboy