Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student visa to 189

Ask ko lang po.
Possible po ba after ng 2 years study diretso apply ng 189 visa? Meron po ba na gagrant?
Salamat po sa sasagot.

Comments

• EricLuckyEricLucky Posts: 38Member

@boli said:
    Ask ko lang po.
    Possible po ba after ng 2 years study diretso apply ng 189 visa? Meron po ba na gagrant?
    Salamat po sa sasagot.

Why not if you have enough points to get invited; Unless your skill assessment requires you more work experience or your points is not enough to get invited.

• boliboli Posts: 5Member

Thank you.

• RuCheRuChe Melbourne

sana me mag share ng experience who started with student visa then eventually got PR.

• d3rickttd3ricktt Quezon City

may kakilala ako, during 2016 eto
    classmate ko siya sa Uni, nag-aral kami ng Masters Degree sa engineering Western Sydney University. Tapos wala na siya pambayad ng Uni after 1 semester kasi sobrang mahal ng tuition. Nagmakaawa daw siya sa company na pinag woworkan niya as a autocad draftsperson na ssponsoran na lang siya. Naawa ung company sponsoran siya tapos nag PTE siya nakuha nya ung desired score which is 65pts pa nuon. Ayun na invite siya for PR. d na niya continue ung pag-aaral niya

• wangepswangeps Posts: 8Member

@d3ricktt said:
    may kakilala ako, during 2016 eto
    classmate ko siya sa Uni, nag-aral kami ng Masters Degree sa engineering Western Sydney University. Tapos wala na siya pambayad ng Uni after 1 semester kasi sobrang mahal ng tuition. Nagmakaawa daw siya sa company na pinag woworkan niya as a autocad draftsperson na ssponsoran na lang siya. Naawa ung company sponsoran siya tapos nag PTE siya nakuha nya ung desired score which is 65pts pa nuon. Ayun na invite siya for PR. d na niya continue ung pag-aaral niya

hello po. I know this is an old post pero tanong ko lang sana. mahirap po ba mag'aral ng master's degree sa engineering sa Australia? hehe or kaya naman? plan ko po kasi magaral ng Masters of Electronics engineering.

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@wangeps said:

hello po. I know this is an old post pero tanong ko lang sana. mahirap po ba mag'aral ng master's degree sa engineering sa Australia? hehe or kaya naman? plan ko po kasi magaral ng Masters of Electronics engineering.

Mahirap in what sense? If you have an engineering background (Bachelor's degree in Eng), you should be okay. If you don't engineering background, then it would be quite a challenge to keep up. In my opinion, as long as you do your assessments based on the grading rubric and meet the minimum requirements or content of the assessment, you're all good.

If you are super grade-conscious, just take note na iba ang grading system nila in Australia (unlike the super inflated grading system ng PH, which is based on US system), so the highest grades you can get (assuming kinareer mo yung assignment) might be 85-86. hehehe.

wangeps

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

@athelene said:

@wangeps said:

Mahirap in what sense? If you have an engineering background (Bachelor's degree in Eng), you should be okay. If you don't engineering background, then it would be quite a challenge to keep up. In my opinion, as long as you do your assessments based on the grading rubric and meet the minimum requirements or content of the assessment, you're all good.

If you are super grade-conscious, just take note na iba ang grading system nila in Australia (unlike the super inflated grading system ng PH, which is based on US system), so the highest grades you can get (assuming kinareer mo yung assignment) might be 85-86. hehehe.

oohh yan po yung concern ko haha kasi medyo pahirapan din engineering dito sa PH eh. haha may ECE background naman po kaso kinakabahan lang ako kung ano yung nagaantay sakin kung sakali haha but thank you po sa insights! Sa Brisbane din pala yung target kong Uni, skl. hehehe :)

@wangeps said:

oohh yan po yung concern ko haha kasi medyo pahirapan din engineering dito sa PH eh. haha may ECE background naman po kaso kinakabahan lang ako kung ano yung nagaantay sakin kung sakali haha but thank you po sa insights! Sa Brisbane din pala yung target kong Uni, skl. hehehe :)

Have a look at the degree's curriculum in more detail. Generally you should be able to find details for each unit/subject from the online Handbooks (university website). Which one is your target uni?

@athelene said:

@wangeps said:

Have a look at the degree's curriculum in more detail. Generally you should be able to find details for each unit/subject from the online Handbooks (university website). Which one is your target uni?

CQU po. I am deciding between Master of Engineering/Engineering Mgmt hehe my first choice was actually Griffith since they offer Master of Electronics Engineering kaso the course duration is only for 1.5years. And my consultant recommended that I should opt for a 2yr course to be eligible for the PSW visa kaya po nahanap ko din tung CQU. 😅

edited May 2021

@wangeps said:
    CQU po. I am deciding between Master of Engineering/Engineering Mgmt hehe my first choice was actually Griffith since they offer Master of Electronics Engineering kaso the course duration is only for 1.5years. And my consultant recommended that I should opt for a 2yr course to be eligible for the PSW visa kaya po nahanap ko din tung CQU. 😅

I see. Yes, the 2-year course would be better than a 1.5 year program if you're keen on getting the post-study work visa.

I just saw that QUT offers a combined master's package (2 years). You can do the Electrical Engineering specialization for the Master of Engineering, and combine that with either Engineering Management or Project Management (that way you don't need to choose haha).

https://qut.edu.au/courses/master-of-engineering?international

There's also the Master of Professional Engineering (Electrical), which is provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia.

https://qut.edu.au/courses/master-of-professional-engineering-electrical?international