Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa 2021 Intake

Comments

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@athelene said:

@xiaoxue said:
    @athelene Thanks for clarifying. I see, so there are block mode classes during weekends. If that's the case, then that would probably be more manageable for me.

It would depend on your school/uni, kung ano ang timetable na meron sila (depende din kasi sa availability ng lecturer). Sa amin puro weekend classes, pero baka sa school mo hindi. You'll have to ask your school kung ano yung typical schedule nila.

Yup, I totally understand that the schedule and mileage would vary. But it's good to know other people's experiences so that I (and potentially other readers here) would have an overview of what to expect. Thanks @athelene!

• matthewozmatthewoz Posts: 21Member

@xiaoxue said:
    @athelene Thanks for clarifying. I see, so there are block mode classes during weekends. If that's the case, then that would probably be more manageable for me.

I agree w/ athlene. Check the school you submitted an application to. Sometimes they publish their class schedules for the teaching period. In my case I chose the school with the least number of days I have to be in campus so i can maximize my part-time work opportunities once I transition into an on-campus learning when borders reopen next year. In some schools i explored, you have to be there and attend classes five times a week which isn’t ideal.

For the online portion, my school told me it will be on-demand so i can definitely study while working not to mention my work at the moment is purely home-based so it won’t be a problem in any case.

xiaoxue
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@matthewoz thank you! Nice to know na iba iba pala cases. IDP allowed me to apply to 5 different schools. So I'll decide later when I receive their offer(s). I will take into consideration your tips here when considering my options.

• ELMarquezELMarquez Posts: 11Member

@athelene said:

@xiaoxue said:
    Thanks @athelene for sharing your experiences. I am worried about juggling work and school so I will have to think about this. Let's see pa kung saan ako matanggap. Wala pa naman e. :D

The online study will really depend on the topic, if it's something familiar to you and mabilis ma-pick up. My background is Architecture, but I was studying topics bordering on Engineering, so I needed a lot more time to study and understand the lectures.

@xiaoxue said:
    To be clear for other people reading in this thread, I think @athelene is doing a design course, that is why a 7-hour lecture does not sound unusual. I guess it's a different story for other courses, let's say accounting or IT.

My degree is indeed related to design, but our lectures (lectures talaga, not design studio) were set up as block mode because the program was meant to accommodate the schedule of locals/domestic students who work full-time. So instead of having to come to campus every week for 2-3 hours for the whole semester, we just have five days of whole day classes on the weekends. Information overload of technical content talaga every time may class :D

hello po I am also a graduate of archi.licensed dito sa pinas, I wonder ano po kinukuha nyo course now dyan sa Sydney?

• yohjiyohji Mandaluyong

Hello po! Nice to know na may thread about this. Considering other options as well dahil seems like mahirap ang 189 offshore Invitation hanggang next year. Dipa po ako nakakaresearch about study option but if you can provide insights/steps po to guide me, that would be appreciated.
    1. Kaya po ba ito gawin na wala pong agent? Pano po kayo nagresearch ng school?
    2. Dapat po ba yung course is related sa degree? Or possible po na say IT ang college degree, pero MBA ang kukunin?
    3. May visa application po ba ito na same process ng paglogdge ng EOI?

Maraming salamat po! Godbless!

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited October 2020

@ELMarquez said:
    hello po I am also a graduate of archi.licensed dito sa pinas, I wonder ano po kinukuha nyo course now dyan sa Sydney?

I just finished the Master of Architectural Science at USYD.

ELMarquezbaikenpprmint08

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@yohji said:
    Hello po! Nice to know na may thread about this. Considering other options as well dahil seems like mahirap ang 189 offshore Invitation hanggang next year. Dipa po ako nakakaresearch about study option but if you can provide insights/steps po to guide me, that would be appreciated.
    2. Dapat po ba yung course is related sa degree? Or possible po na say IT ang college degree, pero MBA ang kukunin?

Hi Yohji. Let me share with you my thought process on why I am considering studying in Australia. My EOI points are minimum and I have no plan to compete for visa 189. I am eager to leave Dubai asap and I don't want to wait for the vaccine or pandemic to go away before I can have a chance of being invited for 190/491. Based on my research, there are states who nominate their graduates, under some conditions of course. Here's how I see it based on my profile:

Pros:

• Studying in Australia for 2 yrs will give me 5 points, and another 5 points if it's a regional school.
    • Studying Master's will allow my partner to have unlimited work rights (subject to DHA's decision)
    • Some states give priority to their own graduates in certain occupations historically (just expect that rules may change anytime)
    • Master's Degree in my profession is a good thing to have, I can use it somewhere else in case I won't be successful in Australia
    • Being onshore will allow me and my partner to find potential employers who could sponsor us, in case the PR plan doesn't materialize

Cons:

• I will be limited by the State where I will study. State nomination rules might change and by the time I graduate, my nominated occupation might not be part of the State's Occupation List anymore.
    • 2 years feel like a long time and studying requires a lot of effort.
    • Tuition fees and living costs are expensive.

I feel that the Pros outweigh the Cons. Going back to your actual questions:

1. According to other members here, it's easy to apply even without an agent's help. But when I checked the potential schools that I like, some of them require Filipinos to apply through an educational agent. Then I also learned that the services of Educational Agents like IDP are free. Ni-waive pa nila yung application fees sa bawat University so feeling ko nakatipid ako. I highly recommend that you ask for their consultation/assistance.
      Nagre-research ako ng schools sa Cricos website:
      https://cricos.education.gov.au/Course/CourseSearch.aspx

2. I decided to choose a course that is relevant to my previous Bachelor's degree and my current work. I have no issues with my current nominated occupation because it is part of several State Occupation lists. Magagamit ko pa yung positive assessment ko from Vetassess sa future. Also bear in mind that the school and the immigration will also check if you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). You have to prove to them that your only purpose of going to Australia is to study.

3. I think walang EOI. You can apply for the visa once you have a Certificate of Enrollment from the school. Though wala pa ako sa stage na ito so I don't have a lot of insights.

atheleneyohjiELMarquezEd510gzabalabaikenguranana
  • RodSherRodSher Dubai

FYI, my university has shared information that Australia Commonwealth is to proceed with for an international student return program to South Australia. Initial return of 300 students between the three universities and limited to countries from Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, and Japan.

xiaoxueELMarquez
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@RodSher said:
    FYI, my university has shared information that Australia Commonwealth is to proceed with for an international student return program to South Australia. Initial return of 300 students between the three universities and limited to countries from Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, and Japan.

Interesting that Indonesia is part of the list - given that they have the highest case count in the SEA :/ .

• yohjiyohji Mandaluyong

@xiaoxue said:

@yohji said:

Hi Yohji. Let me share with you my thought process on why I am considering studying in Australia. My EOI points are minimum and I have no plan to compete for visa 189. I am eager to leave Dubai asap and I don't want to wait for the vaccine or pandemic to go away before I can have a chance of being invited for 190/491. Based on my research, there are states who nominate their graduates, under some conditions of course. Here's how I see it based on my profile:

Pros:

• Studying in Australia for 2 yrs will give me 5 points, and another 5 points if it's a regional school.
    • Studying Master's will allow my partner to have unlimited work rights (subject to DHA's decision)
    • Some states give priority to their own graduates in certain occupations historically (just expect that rules may change anytime)
    • Master's Degree in my profession is a good thing to have, I can use it somewhere else in case I won't be successful in Australia
    • Being onshore will allow me and my partner to find potential employers who could sponsor us, in case the PR plan doesn't materialize

Cons:

• I will be limited by the State where I will study. State nomination rules might change and by the time I graduate, my nominated occupation might not be part of the State's Occupation List anymore.
    • 2 years feel like a long time and studying requires a lot of effort.
    • Tuition fees and living costs are expensive.

I feel that the Pros outweigh the Cons. Going back to your actual questions:

1. According to other members here, it's easy to apply even without an agent's help. But when I checked the potential schools that I like, some of them require Filipinos to apply through an educational agent. Then I also learned that the services of Educational Agents like IDP are free. Ni-waive pa nila yung application fees sa bawat University so feeling ko nakatipid ako. I highly recommend that you ask for their consultation/assistance.
      Nagre-research ako ng schools sa Cricos website:
      https://cricos.education.gov.au/Course/CourseSearch.aspx
    2. I decided to choose a course that is relevant to my previous Bachelor's degree and my current work. I have no issues with my current nominated occupation because it is part of several State Occupation lists. Magagamit ko pa yung positive assessment ko from Vetassess sa future. Also bear in mind that the school and the immigration will also check if you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). You have to prove to them that your only purpose of going to Australia is to study.

3. I think walang EOI. You can apply for the visa once you have a Certificate of Enrollment from the school. Though wala pa ako sa stage na ito so I don't have a lot of insights.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation @xiaoxue. I will check then the schools for now and check ano offer nila na courses too. If I can have some follow-up questions.
    1. Do you know ang estimate cost ng Masters? Kaya kaya to sustain yung cost of living there if part time lang work ko and God willing makahanap si husband ng work?
    2. Ito ba yung IDP na nabanggit mo sa taas na education agent - https://www.idp.com/philippines/study-in-australia/? so as baka may free consultation din sila I can also check.

Thank you very much! Godbless!

edited October 2020

@yohji said:

I think the 189 visa might be out of reach for offshore applicants unless you have tons of work experience in the occupation that is in demand :( As it is, onshore students taking up Accounting, Engineering, and IT yung may advantage kasi they have can get more points for going regional and doing professional year, etc. Studying is a risky move, as @xiaoxue has said that rules change all the time. But studying can be helpful if you don't have adequate work experience overseas or if you're changing careers.

There are lots of other threads that you can backread if you have more questions (use the Search box function para mapadali ang paghahanap). But to answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can apply to a school and apply for a visa without an agent. But it will require you a lot of time from you, as you have to do the research by yourself, and you have to pay the application fees to each school you apply to. If you have lots of time and prefer doing things yourself, go DIY; otherwise, go see an education agent. If I'm not mistaken, education agents can afford to offer their services for free because it's their partner schools that pay them commissions when they can recruit students. You also don't need to pay application fees to the school if you apply via an education agent.

Regarding the search for schools, the program you want to apply for must be CRICOS-registered. Go to the link that xiaoxue provided and search using keywords of what you want to study. You can search based on location, field of study, course level (master's, advanced diploma, etc). Make a shortlist of schools you are interested in, and check the school's website for more details about their curriculum (to see if the units/subjects they offer are really what you want).

1. If migration is your end goal, MBA might not be the best program for you, as I've heard there isn't a particular occupation you can really nominate for migration using an MBA. Of course, consulting an migration agent would be the best thing for you if you are not sure on what to study. If you are keen on changing careers, MBA would be good if you want to get into the business/management sector. If you plan on continuing the IT career, it might be better for you to do a postgrad related to IT. What you choose will really depend on the future job you want (and hopefully may pathway to PR). It will be a waste of time and money if you will study something you're not really interested in.

2. Applying for a student visa is different from lodging an EOI. For lodging an EOI, you have to go to SkillSelect, while for student visa applications, you need to go to ImmiAccount.

xiaoxueEd510gzabalabaiken

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@yohji sorry sa wall of text. ang daldal ko pala. hehe
    1. Sa IDP and Cricos site may tuition fee costs na nakalagay. I can't answer kung kaya ba i-sustain kasi wala pa naman ako don. But one of the first things that my IDP agent asked me was: "How do you plan to fund your studies?" I think IDP will look for Proof of Funds. I am a bit confident in this regard because we have enough savings.
    2. Yes tama. Pero my agent is here in Dubai. Your experience with IDP Philippines might vary. Example lang, interested ako sa Uni of Adelaide, tapos sa website nila may list of partner agents:

So I think hanap ka muna ng course and schools na type mo then check kung sino yung partner agents nila.

edited October 2020

@yohji said:
    If I can have some follow-up questions.
    1. Do you know ang estimate cost ng Masters? Kaya kaya to sustain yung cost of living there if part time lang work ko and God willing makahanap si husband ng work?

Tuition fees can vary a lot between schools/uni. If you are looking to study at a university, you are looking at AUD 30-40k a year. I started in 2018 with 32k tuition/year, and finished in 2020 with 36k tuition/year. Ibang klase ang fee hike sa uni. The fees may be a bit cheaper in regional areas or vocational schools (polytechnic, TAFE). But not all programs are available in those places, so you'll have to compare the fees between programs and schools. Definitely look into availability of scholarships, too. Ask the education agent or the school itself if they offer any tuition fee discounts or have scholarships. It might not be 100% scholarship, but even 10-25% will help a lot.

As for cost of living, it will depend on your lifestyle, where you are located, and the salary of your husband. Generally, living expenses are feasible on your part-time work and partner's full-time work, but tuition fees can be a different matter. Ideally you would have enough funds at least for the first year saved up already so you have a year's time to save up for the 2nd year tuition fees.

• yohjiyohji Mandaluyong

@xiaoxue said:
    @yohji sorry sa wall of text. ang daldal ko pala. hehe
    1. Sa IDP and Cricos site may tuition fee costs na nakalagay. I can't answer kung kaya ba i-sustain kasi wala pa naman ako don. But one of the first things that my IDP agent asked me was: "How do you plan to fund your studies?" I think IDP will look for Proof of Funds. I am a bit confident in this regard because we have enough savings.
    2. Yes tama. Pero my agent is here in Dubai. Your experience with IDP Philippines might vary. Example lang, interested ako sa Uni of Adelaide, tapos sa website nila may list of partner agents:

So I think hanap ka muna ng course and schools na type mo then check kung sino yung partner agents nila.

@xiaoxue, your inputs are greatly appreciated. I am looking into options lang din kasi and buti andiyan kayo to share your insights :) i asked about it kasi baka the tuition is a big thing in the consideration kasi big money yun for us and baka di masustain. I will check and research din. Goodluck and Godbless! :)

• yohjiyohji Mandaluyong

@athelene said:

@yohji said:
    If I can have some follow-up questions.

Tuition fees can vary a lot between schools/uni. If you are looking to study at a university, you are looking at AUD 30-40k a year. I started in 2018 with 32k tuition/year, and finished in 2020 with 36k tuition/year. Ibang klase ang fee hike sa uni. The fees may be a bit cheaper in regional areas or vocational schools (polytechnic, TAFE). But not all programs are available in those places, so you'll have to compare the fees between programs and schools. Definitely look into availability of scholarships, too. Ask the education agent or the school itself if they offer any tuition fee discounts or have scholarships. It might not be 100% scholarship, but even 10-25% will help a lot.

As for cost of living, it will depend on your lifestyle, where you are located, and the salary of your husband. Generally, living expenses are feasible on your part-time work and partner's full-time work, but tuition fees can be a different matter. Ideally you would have enough funds at least for the first year saved up already so you have a year's time to save up for the 2nd year tuition fees.

Thank you @athelene. Ill check universities and mga possible acholarships and discounts. Taking chances lang din para may options if ever magproceed. Godbless!

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@yohji said:
    Thank you @athelene. Ill check universities and mga possible acholarships and discounts. Taking chances lang din para may options if ever magproceed. Godbless!

Ayon pa nga may scholarships din daw na inooffer based sa previous grades ata. So check mo rin yun. Kaya naisip ko ok din magapply sa IDP / educ agentskasi pwede magapply sa maraming schools nang sabay sabay tapos kung kanino siguro may pinakamalaking discount edi dun mag go. Good luck satin!

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@yohji dont be afraid to inquire from educ agents. Their bread and butter is to recruit students. Nagback read ako sa mga old threads and I also read good feedback for other agents like Kokos, AMS and AECC. Marami naman sila so makakapili ka nang tutulong sayo.

• lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

Hi, just to add, the class schedule depends sa uni or college mo. I'm studying vocational taking up IT and we are doing online classes sa kasagsagan ng covid. We really need to consume 20 hours per week. 15 hours discussion online two days (Fri and Sat) and 5 hours moodle (answer assessments or read the lesson available sa EMS ng school). Mahirap to do online sa IT especially for hands-on activities. Magdedepende talaga sa prof or trainer mo if gusto niya mag class kayo or for attendance kase may nakakausap ako na students din attendance Lang daw sila and basta maka pass ng assessment OK na.

xiaoxue

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺 as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

• RodSherRodSher Dubai

Hi, to add, it really depends on the courses and which university you are in. Some courses required long hours of discussion/tutorial, and some don't. To give a comparison, I'm taking a master of accounting. Our class discussions will only take an hour and weekly quizzes, both in an online platform but behind that 1-hour discussion, I have sleepless study nights to prepare. So, there you go.
    @yohji, I have read and watched videos talking about studying and working part-time. They said their earnings are not adequate to support tuition. So, aim for a scholarship then.

xiaoxue
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@imba said:
    Hi everyone! I'm planning to apply to Macquarie University in Sydney for July 2021 intake and I would like to know your inputs or insights on this. I work in marketing and I'm looking into taking a double master's degree. Anyone here who knows or who has experience in studying at Macquarie? Or planning to study there also? I primarily choose this university because of the availability of the course I like and then I saw na they have an automatic scholarship (less 10K AUD on tuition per year) for students coming from ASEAN countries.

Also, any news on when the borders will open for students? I'm concerned na baka online class lang and available by 2021 and it will be very hard for me to afford the tuition and juggle studies from PH since I'm working full time. :(

Hello po, thanks po sa tip na may scholarship na 10000 per year sa Macquarie. I think that's a major savings, like for me, if my 2-yr tuition is 70k, around 28% na yong matitipid ko. Hehe.

But I am curious about your plan, why are you planning to study in NSW? I checked your history and if I am not mistaken, your Anzsco code is either 131112 or 225113? It's not available for 189, so I assume you are going for visa 190. But NSW did not include your anzsco codes in their list last year. Are you just planning to study and hoping that NSW would possibly open your occupation after 2 years? Or after graduation, you plan to move to another state where there's an opening for your code?

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@altuser41 said:
    Hello. Legal po ba yung ganitong scenario o kung may nakagawa na:

• Si wife magaaral ng Master's
    • si husband magsusubmit ng EOI (189/190) as primary
    • magsusubmit lang ng EOI after ma-grant ang SV ni wife.

Bakit mo naman naisip na illegal? Binabasa ko ngayon yung BMSQ Faqs at sabi doon pwede mag-apply for Queensland 190 ang isang Student Visa dependent kung Master's or PHD student ang partner mo:

https://migration.qld.gov.au/skilled-visa-options/skilled-nomination-faqs/

• matthewozmatthewoz Posts: 21Member

Patay tayo dyan, hindi daw counted ang online study pag wala pang visa. Naloko na. Need ko ipadefer yung sakin. Sa Feb na lang ako mag start siguro instead this nobember.

xiaoxue

@matthewoz said:
    Patay tayo dyan, hindi daw counted ang online study pag wala pang visa. Naloko na. Need ko ipadefer yung sakin. Sa Feb na lang ako mag start siguro instead this nobember.

It does make sense that the visa is required before you start your study; that's how things work even before covid. When did you lodge the visa application? With so much backlog on visa applications, it will take time for offshore visas to be granted.

shewolf30

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

Hello uli, lately I've been searching the internet for scholarships offered to International Postgraduate Students. Lately ko lang narealize na marami rin palang inooffer na scholarships, kelangan mo lang sila hanapin. Hindi ito full scholarships ha, pero at least makakatulong na 'to satin kasi sobrang mahal talaga ng tuition fee. Sobrang overwhelming kasi 'pag nalaman na 50-70k AUD yung tuition sa Masters. Share ko lang dito yung mga nakita kong scholarship targetted to South East Asians. Of course, marami pang ibang scholarship based on previous academic merit. Share ko lang dito para magkaron kayo ng idea:

https://www.uts.edu.au/scholarship/south-east-asia-postgraduate-business-merit-scholarship

• 25% of UTS tuition fees at UTS Business School

https://www.latrobe.edu.au/scholarships/la-trobe-south-east-asia-scholarship

• Up to 30% reduction in course fees

https://www.mq.edu.au/study/international-students/scholarships/details/macquarie-university-asean-regional-scholarship

• 10,000 AUD per year

https://www.anu.edu.au/study/scholarships/find-a-scholarship/research-school-of-accounting-south-east-asia-merit

• 50% of the ANU International Student Fee per semester

https://www.rmit.edu.au/study-with-us/international-students/apply-to-rmit-international-students/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/academic-excellence-scholarships-for-southeast-asia

• AU$10,000, one-off payment

--

Special mention ko dito si Swinburne, hindi sya exclusive to South East Asians, pero feeling ko ang generous ng offering nila na 10-75%. Imagine kung makuha mo ung 75%, edi unting unti na lang yung babayaran mong tuition.

Swinburne International Excellence Postgraduate Scholarship
    https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/international/scholarships/

• 10% - 75% off your course fees every year for a maximum of 2 years
    edited November 2020

@xiaoxue said:
    Hello uli, lately I've been searching the internet for scholarships offered to International Postgraduate Students. Lately ko lang narealize na marami rin palang inooffer na scholarships, kelangan mo lang sila hanapin. Hindi ito full scholarships ha, pero at least makakatulong na 'to satin kasi sobrang mahal talaga ng tuition fee. Sobrang overwhelming kasi 'pag nalaman na 50-70k AUD yung tuition sa Masters. Share ko lang dito yung mga nakita kong scholarship targetted to South East Asians. Of course, marami pang ibang scholarship based on previous academic merit. Share ko lang dito para magkaron kayo ng idea:

https://www.uts.edu.au/scholarship/south-east-asia-postgraduate-business-merit-scholarship

• 25% of UTS tuition fees at UTS Business School

https://www.latrobe.edu.au/scholarships/la-trobe-south-east-asia-scholarship

• Up to 30% reduction in course fees

https://www.mq.edu.au/study/international-students/scholarships/details/macquarie-university-asean-regional-scholarship

• 10,000 AUD per year

https://www.anu.edu.au/study/scholarships/find-a-scholarship/research-school-of-accounting-south-east-asia-merit

• 50% of the ANU International Student Fee per semester

https://www.rmit.edu.au/study-with-us/international-students/apply-to-rmit-international-students/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/academic-excellence-scholarships-for-southeast-asia

• AU$10,000, one-off payment

--

Special mention ko dito si Swinburne, hindi sya exclusive to South East Asians, pero feeling ko ang generous ng offering nila na 10-75%. Imagine kung makuha mo ung 75%, edi unting unti na lang yung babayaran mong tuition.

Swinburne International Excellence Postgraduate Scholarship
    https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/international/scholarships/

• 10% - 75% off your course fees every year for a maximum of 2 years

I believe there is already a thread on scholarships, but thanks for sharing these. I think you can add them to the other thread:

https://pinoyau.info/discussion/1334/web-site-international-student-scholarship-in-australia/p1

• imbaimba taguig

Hello @xiaoxue !

We chose NSW since my brother already lives in Sydney and he offered to help us settle in his house muna to help with the living costs. I'm planning to apply my partner as my dependent once I get approved for SV. He is a developer programmer and from what we've researched he can have full working rights since Masters ang kukunin ko. He will be the one to finance most of my studies, but of course, I still plan to work part-time.

Honestly, we only planned for our 4 years there (student and post-grad visa). We're hoping na since nasa list ang job ni partner, he will be the one to apply for 189 before my post-grad visa expires. We don't know yet if this is the right thing to do but we are open for any suggestions. What we know for sure is we really want to move.

Sa panahon ngayon, ang hirap na din mag plano, so we are open for any opportunity that will lead us to PR.

@xiaoxue said:

@imba said:
    Hi everyone! I'm planning to apply to Macquarie University in Sydney for July 2021 intake and I would like to know your inputs or insights on this. I work in marketing and I'm looking into taking a double master's degree. Anyone here who knows or who has experience in studying at Macquarie? Or planning to study there also? I primarily choose this university because of the availability of the course I like and then I saw na they have an automatic scholarship (less 10K AUD on tuition per year) for students coming from ASEAN countries.

Also, any news on when the borders will open for students? I'm concerned na baka online class lang and available by 2021 and it will be very hard for me to afford the tuition and juggle studies from PH since I'm working full time. :(

Hello po, thanks po sa tip na may scholarship na 10000 per year sa Macquarie. I think that's a major savings, like for me, if my 2-yr tuition is 70k, around 28% na yong matitipid ko. Hehe.

But I am curious about your plan, why are you planning to study in NSW? I checked your history and if I am not mistaken, your Anzsco code is either 131112 or 225113? It's not available for 189, so I assume you are going for visa 190. But NSW did not include your anzsco codes in their list last year. Are you just planning to study and hoping that NSW would possibly open your occupation after 2 years? Or after graduation, you plan to move to another state where there's an opening for your code?

xiaoxue
  • xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@imba Halos same po tayo! Buti na lang may supportive partners! hehe. Good luck po sa ating journey!
    Nakapag-apply na po kayo sa Macquarie? Nakapag-apply na ako pero waiting pa...

• imbaimba taguig

@xiaoxue said:
    @imba Halos same po tayo! Buti na lang may supportive partners! hehe. Good luck po sa ating journey!
    Nakapag-apply na po kayo sa Macquarie? Nakapag-apply na ako pero waiting pa...

Nice! Good luck sa atin! This November po ako mag aapply since inaantay ko pa maprovide 'yung high school diploma ko (kasali sa requirements). Ano ang course na kukunin mo?

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@imba Urban Planning. PM kita. :D