Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Denied SV

Hello, If na denied ang SV mo because of your age 34 and Advance Diploma in IT kinuha mo, can you re apply for Masters? (Masters kasi talaga advices sa agency but I took the risk). When I insisted to pursue the advance diploma, medyu hindi na naging interesado yung agency to assist me and receive little help with my GTE/ SOP.

Thanks in advance sa sasagut. :)

Comments

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited November 2020

@BettyBoo said:
    Hello, If na denied ang SV mo because of your age 34 and Advance Diploma in IT kinuha mo, can you re apply for Masters? (Masters kasi talaga advices sa agency but I took the risk). When I insisted to pursue the advance diploma, medyu hindi na naging interesado yung agency to assist me and receive little help with my GTE/ SOP.

I've never been denied a visa, so I don't know if DHA provides feedback on why they denied the visa. In your case, how do you know that it was your age and your selected program were the grounds for denial?

You haven't provided enough context for us to be able to help you. Do you have many years of work experience and you're only considering to study now? If so, maybe the issue is career progression, wherein the Advanced Diploma might not be as useful to you as a Master's degree would (especially if you're looking to learn managerial skills). Or maybe your previous degree is not super related to what you are planning to study, so your GTE is not strong enough to prove the benefit of taking that Advanced Diploma.

What made you decide to pick the Advanced Diploma over the Master's? I don't know your circumstances with your agent so I can't judge their actions regarding assisting you on the GTE, but it's your responsibility to write your GTE based on DHA's guidelines, which is pretty straightforward. Whether you had an agent or not, you have to know how to tailor your GTE (this writing skill is like practice for doing academic assessments; you need to cover all the things that are expected to be in the document).

Personally, I think it's possible to reapply for a master's, but whether you can get an approval will come down again to the strength of your GTE. Let's wait if other people can give insights on your case.

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• avringoravringor Singapore

@BettyBoo said:

Hi @BettyBoo, Im 37 and got my SV granted last Nov 26 (I applied last Nov 05). So baka may laban pa pag dating sa edad ;). Masters ang kinuha ko since yun talaga plan ko even before. DIY ako.. Siguro pede ka ulit mag apply kahit nadenied ka kasi may mga nabasa ako na hindi sila nagrant sa una pero nagtry ulit then nagrant naman. You just need to justify ng mabuti siguro sa GTE mo.

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

Hello, marami pa naman pong ibang educational agents (with free assistance). Try ninyo po magpaconsult sa kanila, siguro naman po may willing maghelp sa inyo kung talagang gusto ninyo mag-Masters.

Yung una kong agency na tinanungan, hindi niya ako tinanggap kasi 10+ years ago pa raw ako grumaduate. Sabi nia di daw ako papasa sa GTE kasi ang haba raw ng study gap. Tapos nagpaconsult ako sa IDP at sabi nila wala naman daw issue doon, as long as ma-eexplain sa GTE yung purpose ko kung bakit ako magaaral uli. Wala pa po akong visa pero sa tingin ko hindi naman po issue ang edad kasi marami naman po ako nakikita sa mga forum na na-aapprove kahit 30+ na.

• cheche_28cheche_28 Posts: 1Member

Hi can you please give me the name of the page in Facebook of IDP?Thanks in advance😊

• fortdomengfortdomeng Posts: 71Member

Hi guys! nirequire ba ng proof of financial evidence (proof of funds) pag Philippine passport holder? 6 years ago kasi, exempted ang PH passport holders sa proof of funds.

If yes hiningan kayo, anyone tried an in-law as sponsor? Bro-in law, sis in law, father in law etc? Salamat sa sasagot

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

They are not too interested because they will not get as much commission. Education agents get a certain amount for referring students to schools..they get a lot for Masters. That could be one big reason why your agency did not feel enthusiastic enough to assist you...not your age or eligibility. Try to find a good migration/education who will really help you.

fortdomengJB26

ANZCO 233311 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

TOTAL POINTS: 55/60
    (Age:30 | Education: 15 | English: 10 (Preparing for PTE to get 20) | Experience: 0)

@MumVeng said:
    They are not too interested because they will not get as much commission. Education agents get a certain amount for referring students to schools..they get a lot for Masters. That could be one big reason why your agency did not feel enthusiastic enough to assist you...not your age or eligibility. Try to find a good migration/education who will really help you.

I totally agree. 5-6 years ago, ganyan ang kalakaran sa student visa also take into consideration they would accept higher percentage of successful sv grants. So it boils down talaga to your SOP (Statement of Purpose)

All the best y'all~

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@fortdomeng said:
    Hi guys! nirequire ba ng proof of financial evidence (proof of funds) pag Philippine passport holder? 6 years ago kasi, exempted ang PH passport holders sa proof of funds.

If yes hiningan kayo, anyone tried an in-law as sponsor? Bro-in law, sis in law, father in law etc? Salamat sa sasagot

Hello, hindi pa ako nag-aapply ng visa so di ako sure kung hihingan talaga. Pero according sa checklist tool, kapag University ang provider tapos Philippine Passport, walang Proof of Funds na required:
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/web-evidentiary-tool

Madami ako inapplyan na Unis at isa lang ang nag-require sakin ng proof: Swinburne. Here's their form for reference:
    https://www.eca.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Swinburne-Financial-Matrix-All-Regions-Nov2019.pdf

May nabasa ako sa FB na Master's din sia sa uni tapos bayad na daw sya ng tuition and all tapos biglang hiningan sya ng university ng proof of fund.
    I guess magtanong ka sa mga educ agents para sure.

• xiaoxuexiaoxue Dubai

@fortdomeng Or ask the school directly if an in-law's bank account is acceptable proof.

• RodSherRodSher Dubai

In my case, before my Uni issued my COE - they have required Proof of funds, GTE, Full payment of 1st semester, and OSHC. So, when I applied for my SV, it went smoothly medyo an delayed lang sa biometrics.