Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

190 visa 2-year commitment question

Hello question ko lang. Ang dami kong nakikitang discussions about the 2-year work and stay commitment sa nagsponsor sayong state. Ang daming nagsasabi na pwede daw na hindi kasi hindi naman daw "legal obligation" yun.

I've also seen this video (youtube.com/watch?v=b7lmfTa6QKw) from Australia Immigration Law Services, advising na it's okay to move out to a different state. They look like a credible source for me.

So any thoughts on this?

A little background why I asked. I want to stay in QLD kasi but so far ngayon, sa NSW at SA palang available yung target nominated occupation ko, which is Statistician (224113).

Started my Australian visa journey: Jul 2021

• Jul 01: Since I'm DIYing it, I started learning the whole process
  • Aug 05: Identified my occupation in the skills list; ended up choosing Statistician (224113) because it's the most relevant
  • Aug 18: VETASSESS -- Started collecting all of the necessary documents needed for skills assessment
  • Sep 12: VETASSESS -- Submitted my application to VETASSESS
  • Sep 14: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Lodged"
  • Sep 16: VETASSESS -- They asked for a clearer copy of my diploma
  • Sep 20: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "In Progress"
  • Oct 04: PTE -- Booked my exam schedule
  • Nov 18: PTE -- Exam date; also on the same day (after an hour), I received my results -- SUPERIOR! (L90,R82,S90,W90)
  • Dec 04: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Completed"; I received my outcome letter -- POSITIVE!
  • Dec 05: EOI -- Finally lodged the following: 189 (70) | 190 (75)
  • ---

• Mar 19: Earned +5 because of moving to the next work experience bracket: 189 (75) | 190 (80)
  • May 06: Earned +5 because of moving to the next age bracket: 189 (80) | 190 (85)
  • Aug 11: SUBMITTED ROI -- Victoria's state sponsorship just opened!
  • Oct 26: RECEIVED PRE-INVITE -- Waaaaaah!
  • Nov 08: NOMINATION APPROVED & RECEIVED MY 190 ITA FROM DHA!!!
  • Nov 11: APPLICATION LODGED AND PAID!!! -- Submitted together with NBI Clearance and Form 80
  • Nov 17: Medicals day
  • Nov 23: MEDICALS CLEARED
  • ---

• Mar 06: VISA GRANT!!! -- I have no words. Hay grabe talaga
  • July 02: BIG MOVE!!! -- THIS IS IT!!!

Comments

• jmban33jmban33 New Farm

This question is too advanced to be taking into consideration given your milestone right now. Focus first on getting your nominated profession assessed so you can get your EOI submitted on different visa type/option. The important thing is for you to get a visa so you have legal right to enter Au. You can worry about the complications of the visa that you will be getting later.

Going back , there is a lot of debate on this topic but i have not seen someone confirmed any consequence of transferring out of state within the stipulated 2 year stay for visa 190. I am curious as well on this....

• mariusinbrisbanemariusinbrisbane Posts: 312Member

@jmban33 said:
    This question is too advanced to be taking into consideration given your milestone right now. Focus first on getting your nominated profession assessed so you can get your EOI submitted on different visa type/option. The important thing is for you to get a visa so you have legal right to enter Au. You can worry about the complications of the visa that you will be getting later.

Going back , there is a lot of debate on this topic but i have not seen someone confirmed any consequence of transferring out of state within the stipulated 2 year stay for visa 190. I am curious as well on this....

Yes, thank you for your inputs. I'm asking lang early on because my target state is Queensland and well, they haven't released their occupation list, but I'm kind of worried that my nominated occupation won't be in it, given their past years lists.

Hopefully may makapag-enlighten about this, primarily from someone who actually had done it. Ang weird lang kasi is almost all of the migration agents that I've talked to, they seem to be confident about that idea. Also the youtube channel that I linked, they seem to be reputable and credible and they suggested the same thing with confidence.

• Aug 05: Identified my occupation in the skills list; ended up choosing Statistician (224113) because it's the most relevant
    • Aug 18: VETASSESS -- Started collecting all of the necessary documents needed for skills assessment
    • Nov 18: PTE -- Exam date; also on the same day (after an hour), I received my results -- SUPERIOR! (L90,R82,S90,W90)
    • Dec 04: VETASSESS -- Status changed to "Completed"; I received my outcome letter -- POSITIVE!
    • ---

• Mar 19: Earned +5 because of moving to the next work experience bracket: 189 (75) | 190 (80)
    • May 06: Earned +5 because of moving to the next age bracket: 189 (80) | 190 (85)
    • Nov 11: APPLICATION LODGED AND PAID!!! -- Submitted together with NBI Clearance and Form 80
    • ---

@RheaMARN1171933 Hi Mam, baka po may idea kayo?

• ---

• ---

• brainsapbrainsap QR

@mariusinbrisbane said:
    Hello question ko lang. Ang dami kong nakikitang discussions about the 2-year work and stay commitment sa nagsponsor sayong state. Ang daming nagsasabi na pwede daw na hindi kasi hindi naman daw "legal obligation" yun.

I've also seen this video (youtube.com/watch?v=b7lmfTa6QKw) from Australia Immigration Law Services, advising na it's okay to move out to a different state. They look like a credible source for me.

So any thoughts on this?

A little background why I asked. I want to stay in QLD kasi but so far ngayon, sa NSW at SA palang available yung target nominated occupation ko, which is Statistician (224113).

Are you currently in Australia or overseas? Mas mahirap na ata ngayon to get 190 visa compared before for offshore applicants. Mas prioritise nila to give 491 sa mga offshore.

Regarding sa 2-yr work and stay commitment, I got my 190 visa from SA. Stayed in SA for 2mos then moved to QLD for work last year. I left Australia last year, came back again this year (SA and Tasmania) and left Australia again last July 2021. Wala naman naging problema.

ANZSCO: 252411| Age: 30 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 5 pts | English: 10 pts |

25.04.19 - PTE-A |LRSW|70/69/66/77|
    06.05.19 - Lodged OT Council Assessment
    15.05.19 - Positive Assessment from OT Council
    01.08.19 - Submitted EOI for 190 South Australia (SA)
    01.08.19 - Lodged South Australia (SA) State Nomination
    01.10.19 - ITA Received for 190 South Australia (SA)
    07.10.19 - Qatar PCC Received
    18.10.19 - NBI Clearance
    21.10.19 - Medicals at Nationwide Health Systems (Makati City)
    23.10.19 - Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required
    26.10.19 - Visa 190 Lodged
    05.12.19 - CO Contact - PCC
    06.12.19 - Responded to CO Contact

07.01.20 - VISA GRANTED

-

Initial Entry: 16 March 2020

Left Australia: 16 August 2020

-

Back to Australia: 16 June 2021

Left Australia: 29 July 2021

-

Back to Australia: 17 June 2022

Left Australia: 31 July 2022

-

Back To Australia 15 November 2022

Left Australia 11 December 2022

@brainsap said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

So any thoughts on this?

Are you currently in Australia or overseas? Mas mahirap na ata ngayon to get 190 visa compared before for offshore applicants. Mas prioritise nila to give 491 sa mga offshore.

Regarding sa 2-yr work and stay commitment, I got my 190 visa from SA. Stayed in SA for 2mos then moved to QLD for work last year. I left Australia last year, came back again this year (SA and Tasmania) and left Australia again last July 2021. Wala naman naging problema.

Hello. I'm offshore po. Yes po may idea naman po ako dyan pero gusto ko na din ipila yung EOI ko haha. Baka kasi next year umokay okay na yung Australia, at least naka-queue nako.

Ano pong reason why you moved to QLD from SA? Wala po kayong mangyayari pag citizenship process na?

• ---

• ---

@brainsap said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

So any thoughts on this?

Have you applied citizenship na ba? I wonder if there was any complication with it if you have applied na.

• engineer20engineer20 Sydney

@mariusinbrisbane this is the reason bakit mostly ng ibinibigay sa offshore applicants ay visa 491 instead of 190. parang mas preferred nila na ibigay yung 190 onshore at currently living in their respective states.

29May2015: Submitted Online Application to VETASSESS (312112 Building Associate)
    02Jun2015: Lodged Date at VETASSESS
    28Aug2015: VETASSESS Assessment Completed (312112 Building Associate) - POSITIVE
    17Oct2015: PTE-A taken at SG
    19Oct2015: PTE-A Result: L-83, R-90, S-76, W-90 OAS-87
    19Oct2015: Submitted EOI Visa 190 (65 points plus SS 5 points if granted)
    19Oct2015: Submitted VIC SS Online Application Visa 190
    20Oct2015: VIC acknowledged SS application and gave Reference Number
    02Nov2015: VIC SS Application Rejected
    05Nov2015: Submitted Online Reassessment to VETASSESS (312212 Civil Engineering Technician) 08Feb2016: VETASSESS Outcome POSITIVE
    07Nov2015: Updated EOI to select NSW (312112)
    18Dec2015: Received NSW SS Invitation Stream 2
    21Dec2015: Lodged NSW SS Application
    12Jan2016: NSW SS Approved / Visa 190 ITA Received
    29Jan2016: SG PCC (Me) / Medical (Me, Wife and Kid)
    01Feb2016: Medicals Cleared
    05Feb2016: Lodged Visa 190
    18Feb2016: NBI Clearance Applied (Me and Wife) - HIT
    29Feb2016: SG PCC (Wife)
    03Mar2016: Collected and Uploaded NBI Clearance
    04Mar2016: Direct Grant
    07May2016: Initial Entry (Sydney)
    16Jul2017: Big Move
    Oct2020: Lodged Citizenship Application
    May2021: Citizenship Interview and Test
    TBA: Citizenship Ceremony

@engineer20 said:
    @mariusinbrisbane this is the reason bakit mostly ng ibinibigay sa offshore applicants ay visa 491 instead of 190. parang mas preferred nila na ibigay yung 190 onshore at currently living in their respective states.

Pero may mga na-g-grant naman na 190 sa ibang offshore applicants right?

• ---

• ---

• hunter_roohunter_roo Posts: 6Member

@mariusinbrisbane said:

So any thoughts on this?

Hi there,
    You can move to a different state on a 190 visa. Correct, it's not a legal obligation to stay in your sponsoring state. it's a moral obligation. Hope this helps!

mariusinbrisbane

@hunter_roo said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

So any thoughts on this?

Hi there,
    You can move to a different state on a 190 visa. Correct, it's not a legal obligation to stay in your sponsoring state. it's a moral obligation. Hope this helps!

Is that true though? I've heard several people being against it, na pwede daw madale kapag nagpprocess na ng citizenship. Others, like the Youtube channel that I referenced, he's a MARA agent and he suggests this very firmly. Kaya ang confusing lang :neutral:

• ---

• ---

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@hunter_roo said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

So any thoughts on this?

Hi there,

Is that true though? I've heard several people being against it, na pwede daw madale kapag nagpprocess na ng citizenship. Others, like the Youtube channel that I referenced, he's a MARA agent and he suggests this very firmly. Kaya ang confusing lang :neutral:

yes, it's true. other people look at it as a risk when applying/processing for citizenship but as long as you comply with the visa conditions attached to your visa (if any) you should be fine

mariusinbrisbane
  • kathckathc Posts: 46Member

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@engineer20 said:

Sa ngayon, wala. All 190 applicants require that you are in AU already.

mariusinbrisbane

@hunter_roo said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@hunter_roo said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

So any thoughts on this?

Hi there,

yes, it's true. other people look at it as a risk when applying/processing for citizenship but as long as you comply with the visa conditions attached to your visa (if any) you should be fine

Would you know anyone po who did the same thing?

• ---

• ---

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@engineer20 said:

Is this because of COVID po? Or ganun na siya ever since?

• ---

• ---

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@hunter_roo said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@hunter_roo said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

So any thoughts on this?

Hi there,

Would you know anyone po who did the same thing?

Yes

• kathckathc Posts: 46Member

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@engineer20 said:

Yes, it's because of the pandemic. Hopefully next July they'll open 190 to offshore na din.

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@engineer20 said:

Yes, it's because of the pandemic. Hopefully next July they'll open 190 to offshore na din.

Okay thank you po for this! Would it be a good idea though to lodge an EOI this year?

• ---

• ---

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@engineer20 said:

Okay thank you po for this! Would it be a good idea though to lodge an EOI this year?

Lodge the soonest you get a positive profession nomination bro.

caspersushi24mariusinbrisbane

@jmban33 said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@kathc said:

@mariusinbrisbane said:

@engineer20 said:

Lodge the soonest you get a positive profession nomination bro.

Okay po thank you! :)

• ---

• ---

• xeegoxeego New South Wales
    Visa 190 kami, pero we opted to stay on SA for the 2 years. We do know others who moved into Vic after a few months. Moral obligation siya, so its not really illegal to move into other states. For us, we decided to stay, as a thank you for SA for sponsoring the new chapter of our lives. Btw, I think SA is so underrated. It's a fun state to be in. Specially now that other states are going and out of lockdowns..

Back to topic, with visa 491, i think requirement magstay for 2 years for PR processing. So, depends on your visa condition, and thread carefully. If you get sponsored by a state, you were probably meant to be there...
    pink
    There can be miracles when you believe...