Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Delayed student visa sub class 573 | April applicants

calamaricalamari BrisbanePosts: 8Member
edited July 2013 in Study and Training Visa
Hi! My husband and I lodged our student visa application last April 9. Received an email from the embassy on April 12. Medicals done on the following dates: April 19 and April 24 (my husband's and mine respectively.) It's been over 3 months. We've followed up with the embassy several times and they would always tell us that our application is "still being processed." My husband's commencement is on the 22nd of July. He already missed his school orientation today =( Anybody here who's having the same problem?

Comments

• maliboomaliboo Davao City
    Hi @calamari yep check student visa step by step thread there's a few of us there with the same problem :) what visa did you apply for? if you don't mind me asking.

Subclass 573 (SVP) commencement date Aug 12
    May 21 - lodged visa application
    May 23 - DIAC acknowledged application
    May 31 - Medicals NHSI
    June 4 - NHSI submitted results
    June 10 - Medicals referred to MOC June 4
    June 25 - was informed we needed addtl tests for hubby
    June 28 - hubby's meds uploaded and referred to HOC AUSTRALIA
    June 23 - received email from DIAC stating "we have recently received your husbands medical clearance".
    Aug 1 - request form 815 health undertaking passed it on the same day :)
    Aug 5 - emailed diac that i have to be able to attend uni on the 12th otherwise i would need to defer my course.
    Aug 6 - they might have read my email and issued a grant at 2pm
    Aug 7 - received sms that they have dispatched documents thru courier

Thank you god!!:) im done waiting :)

• calamaricalamari Brisbane
    Student visa subclass 573.. okay will check out the thread :) thanks @maliboo! :)
    Hi @maliboo more of requirements yung discussion nila sa step by step e and the thread is very long already..I don't think I'd be able to catch up. Na lodge na namen application namen tapos na rin medicals..we're waiting for the result nalang kung grant man or hindi... :-S
  • twinkle_globetwinkle_globe Sydney
    Hi @maliboo more of requirements yung discussion nila sa step by step e and the thread is very long already..I don't think I'd be able to catch up. Na lodge na namen application namen tapos na rin medicals..we're waiting for the result nalang kung grant man or hindi... :-S
    is this 573 for university or private institution?
    edited July 2013
    Hi @twinkle_globe, 573 for University...
    573 for University...
  • ak456ak456 Karachi
    @calamari @maliboo similar problem here
    Applied in April and my classes have already started on July 28th. Still no reply from immigration office
    They gave me an interview call in July but no further information. I have deferred my semester :(
  • pinay75pinay75 Mandaluyong
    Hi mga sis! We are on the same boat. Lodged my application last april 22. My medicals was finalized last aug. 6 and got interviewed last aug 11. Prior to that I was requested twice for additional documents which I have successfully submitted naman.According to my case officer the decision will come out anytime this week. I already deferred my course commencement by oct. Still patiently waiting and trusting God's will and plan. Pray lang tayo and be positive! God bless us!:)