Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Subclass 496..

hard2handlehard2handle MelbournePosts: 233Member
edited July 2013 in Other Migration Topic
Hi all! Just wondering what happened to other applicants of visa subclass 496?

We lodged our application in August of 2007. And only last may 2013 did we recieve CO allocation. We were given 28 days to submit medical exams and some other documents such as Police clearances,etc. It has been more than a month now since we submitted all the requirement and have not recieved any confirmation or news from our CO yet.

I had been surfing the internet and been trying to find anyone who had applied for the same visa as mine but to no avail. Can someone give me an idea as to how long usually before a visa is granted or does having passed the medical exams and completed all the requirements still not guarantee a grant?

I am willing to wait naman, but the problem is I am a Seafarer. Kaya I have to leave the country to work and might not be able to go home in time for the IED if ever we receive the visa grant.

Opinions lang po regarding my situation..Salamat!

Comments

• axlnaxln Melbourne
    @hard2handle hi, we also lodge Aug 2007 and received a feedback from the CO last May. We were able to complete all the request last June and we got the Visa Grant last July 2. I guess buhay na naman yung visa sub class natin. I'm new here and trying to research what preparations do we need.
  • ShirlieShirlie Indianapolis
    hi axln,
    same class and year tayo pero up to now may hinihingi na evidence of english language fee ang CO ko. ganito ba talaga? hindi ba applicable ung free training sa new migrant?

maybe this time nsa aussie kana, can you share kung ano pa documents hiningi sayo?

thanks,
    shei
  • axlnaxln Melbourne
    @Shirlie actually, Di kami hiningian ng ELC eto lang yung hiningian sa amin.

This application requires the following to be provided:

1. Valid passport biopages [for all applicants].

2. Medical Examinations.

3. Police Clearance Certificates [Philippines].

Ano ba kamusta results ng ielts nyo?
    hi axln,
    ung ielts ko may isang 4.5 ata ako. actually dko na ma recall hana[in ko pa ung copy.

kahapon lng kasi nag email CO na kelangan un. ung isang 496 din may nakita ako sa thread na hiningan kaya nag inquire ako sa isang thread. nag email nadin ako sa CO ko kung bakit hindi free e nabasa ko sa immig web sa new resident free un.

• axlnaxln Melbourne
    @Shirlie ah I see. I think pag may band lower than 6 yata sila nagrerequire ng elc.
  • antbellantbell Melbourne
    Hi Shirlie,

May I know your exact lodgement date (Aug. _?), kung oki lang. Baka kasi nalampasan na kami, we are on the same subclass, month and year, Aug.27 po kami.

I have a friend na average band score nya sa IELTS is 5.0, pero may 4.5 sya in one of the category, pinag pay sya ng ELC before granting a visa. During our time kasi if your the primary applicant you are required to have at least band score of 5.0 for all category and yung secondary mo is at least 4.5. (which is functional english).

In your case na may 4.5 ka in one of the category, and primary applicant ka, you need to pay
    ELC.
    Hi Antbell,
    Actually mas nauna din sila sa akin kasi July pa ako.

Ung average band score ko is 6.0 I've asked din ung CO ko bakit kako sa Immig website is free ang EL training and then this morning din eto reply nya:

While the visa you applied for (UZ 496) on 09 July 2007 is no longer offered for new applications, reconciliation with published website information is not possible as content relating to English training and associated charges payable is no longer available on closed subclasses.

No choice but to pay the ELC.

• antbellantbell Melbourne
    @Shirlie

Pay mo na lang kung wala ng choice. As soon naman na masettle mo yan at na furnish mo sila ng payment for ELC, Visa grant na yan..

Kaya congrats in advance na..:)
    naku antbell magdilang anghel ka sana. actually last night nag submit nako ng registration form and payment. this day nga lng wala reply from AMES sa aussie, i even phoned 3 times pero recorder lang. how long kaya mai process un kasi evidence of payment n lng kelangan ng CO. pwede pasuyo patanong friend mo. thnx.
  • hard2handlehard2handle Melbourne
    Double check ko lang. Yung visa natin, we are not entitled to any government allowance diba? Medical, school etc?
    Whaaaa even school ba talaga???

Anyone pls na pwedeng mag clarify?
    Thanks,
  • axlnaxln Melbourne
    @Shirlie ang alam ko sa Victoria libre ang schooling kaput sa temporary visa basta sa govt school.
    @axln,
    Thanks uli :-)
    Hi, All!

Has any of you checked our visa and if tama ang na-realize ko that we only have 1year after we meet the 2-year residence requirement for the 887 Permanent Visa to be granted or else we need to be out of Australia when our 496 visa expires?
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    Hi, All!

Has any of you checked our visa and if tama ang na-realize ko that we only have 1year after we meet the 2-year residence requirement for the 887 Permanent Visa to be granted or else we need to be out of Australia when our 496 visa expires?
    if you have a valid visa that is about to expire while you are in AU.... then you apply for another visa.. you might be eligible for a bridging visa while your new visa is being processed..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

Hi, @lock_code2004!

Yes, we will really apply for PR 887 upon compliance with the current 496 visa conditions (i.e. 1yr full time work and live at least 2 years in designated area). 496 is valid for 3 years from date of arrival. So by the time we meet the 2-year residence requirement, there is only a 1-year window for the application and subsequent approval of the Permanent Visa before the provisional visa (496) expires.

I just hope it will not again take years before the PR visa is granted just like our Provisional visa.

I am trying to look for 887 visa holders but so far wala akong makita eh.
    @hard2handle,
    Oo nga sana kapag 887 application na natin wag abutin ng syam syam.
    Wala padin ako nababasa re PR ng 887. Sana may magparamdam.
  • jvframosjvframos Perth
    @Shirlie gawa kayo ng separate thread para dun :-)

Feb 2013 - Started collecting Vetassess requirements; March 29, 2013 - Lodged for Vetassess skills assessment; June 8, 2013 - took IELTS (BC, UAE); June 14, 2013 - received VETASSESS positive skills assessment; June 21, 2013 - got ielts results OBS 7.0 (l-7.5, r-7, w-7, s-7); June 24, 2013 - submitted EOI; June 27, 2013 - submitted WA state sponsorship application; July 03, 2013 - WA state sponsorship application approved; July 05, 2013 - received from DIAC invitation to lodge; July 14, 2013 - lodge visa application; August 13, 2013 - CO allocated, Team 7 GSM Adelaide; August 20, 2013 - submitted Form 80, NBI, PCC, bank statements for me, hubby and daughter and additional docs for hubby in lieu of Saudi PCC (statutory declaration, exit visa and end of service contract); August 22, 2013 - Medical check done; August 26, 2013 - uploaded hubby's Saudi PCC.... finally!; Sept 27, 2013 - visa grant daw but unofficial, hindi namin alam granted na pala.... long story…; Oct 10, 2013 - when we learned that our case was granted but no official confirmation.; Oct 11, 2013 - Official VISA Grant! Finally!!!! Thank God. End of the 1st journey, start of the new beginning; July 10, 2014 - IED

You may not always understand why God allows certain things to happen, but you can be certain that God is not making any mistakes.

Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

• JoselitoJoselito Melbourne
    Hi Guys
    active pa ba kayo ditto sa forum na ito :)
  • iamjiniamjin Sydney
    Anyone in this forum who applied for Visa 887?
    Thanks