Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

CV/ RESUME and COVER LETTER

Good day, fellow Pinoys moving to Australia! I just want to start this thread to serve as a guide for those like me venturing in the labor market in Australia.

Are there tips that you want to share for coming up with a CV and cover letter?

Thank you!

era222caspersushi24ispidprik

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited June 2022

Don’t put a photo on cv. They find it odd to see a cv with photo. That’s one thing I noticed when I was starting out in Australia and when I was interviewing applicants.

Putting your photo in there as well as some personal information might work against your favour as it could encourage discrimination towards your application.

kidfrompolomolokAuroraAustralisbaikencaspersushi24Lou27erysipelothrixCapuccino_2017
  • atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited June 2022

@Lou27 said:
    Good day, fellow Pinoys moving to Australia! I just want to start this thread to serve as a guide for those like me venturing in the labor market in Australia.

Thank you!

---I've edited my response for clarity---

The labour market in Australia relies heavily on networks. People get their leads about job opportunities from people they know (someone they know is working in the company they want to apply for). The lack of network for new migrants is a disadvantage, so start building your network as soon as you arrive, that'll help you navigate the job hunting process. Building networks take time, even years.

So how to do that? Attend networking events, do volunteering, attend church (if you do so in the PH), join social or community events. Just because you're job hunting doesn't mean you only focus on meeting people within the work setting. You'd be surprised at how many people you'd meet and who they know. Build strong relationships with people you genuine like; don't ask for a job from people you meet for the first time in networking events.

If you've met someone working in the industry you want to join, contact them at a later date if they're free to "meet up for coffee" (a.k.a. coffee chat, used to refer to either hanging out socially or for an informational interview). When you do invite them for a coffee chat, let them know your goal for the chat (asking them about their experience in the industry). The coffee chat is an opportunity for you to know them better, and vice versa. The important thing here is not just about you knowing someone in the industry, but someone from the industry is starting to KNOW YOU.

Most Aussie employers hire people not just because of their technical skills (hard skills), but because of the person's attitude/personality (soft skills). If people have met you and know you personally, they are more likely to refer you to any job openings in their company.

When applying for multiple companies, don't submit a generic CV and cover letter to everyone. Tailor them according to each company, explaining why you'd like to work there (i.e., company values align with yours). Employers want to know that you know a bit about the company and are making an effort to tailor your application.

Avoid putting in your CV any information that are irrelevant to the role and/or can be used as basis for discrimination (i.e., gender, religion, age, photo, height, weight, marital status). The content of CV should usually be educational qualification, professional work experience, volunteering experience (if any), professional associations/memberships (orgs related to your profession). Definitely include your name, e-mail address, and mobile number so the employer can contact you.

As for referees (this is the term they use locally to talk about character references), skip them from your CV unless they specifically ask for it in the job posting. You don't want random people calling your referees because their private info is out in the world. Leaving them out of your CV will help you see where you are in the hiring process, as the employer will ask for it when you're further along, like when they're ready to call you in for an interview. Personally, I've done that (skipping the referee on the CV), and I was only asked for them after the interview. And then I informed my referees that I had applied for this role at this company, and they should expect a call within the next few days. Knowing the time that the company will contact your referees will also help you give your referees a heads-up about the situation, so they can give you the best recommendation to your potential employer (they can relate your work ethic to the specific job you applied for).

Make your cover letter count. The purpose of the cover letter is to include information about you that isn't already in the CV. First write about where or how you discovered the job opportunity (recommended by a friend, found on LinkedIn or Seek, website, etc.) and what role you are applying for. The company could be hiring for multiple positions, so you have to be clear right away which one you are keen on. If you already have your PR, include that fact into your cover letter (a permanent resident of Australia who is in the process of moving to Australia in the next few months). Employers want to know you have work rights (many employers don't want to sponsor for a work visa).

If the employer has a selection criteria, you have to address in your cover letter how you, as an applicant, meets that criteria. There is actually another type of letter that employers sometimes ask for (selection criteria letter), and this is where you talk about the selection criteria. But if they don't request that from you, you can do that in your cover letter. If the role you are applying for is pretty similar to your previous work in the PH, highlight in your cover letter how your previous experience (hard skills) and transferable skills (soft skills) relate to the new job. Having transferable skills (communication, critical thinking, teamwork, leadership, etc.) is very important here in Australia, and how you weave that into the conversation/cover letter is key. If you write something in your cover letter or CV, expect the employer to ask about it in the interview.

This topic of transferable skills was actually asked during my interview. I was asked about how I handled pressure during my volunteering role (I kinda blanked out at first because I wasn't expecting this at all), and then I explained how I asked my colleagues for help (teamwork and leadership) and initiated small talk with the customer (communication) so that they don't feel like they're waiting for a long time.

Remember that the purpose of the CV and cover letter is to get you an interview. What you do in the interview is what can get you the job, so also prepare yourself for interviews. Hope all these info has helped you get an insight of Australian job-hunting culture. :smiley:

shan_rceUnsullied_06AuroraAustralisera222irl031816ispidprikbaikenharingkingkingcaspersushi24Lou27and 7 others.

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

@athelene said:

@Lou27 said:

Thank you!

The labour market in Australia relies heavily on networks. People get their jobs based on who they know (someone they know is working in the company they want to apply for). The lack of network for new migrants is a disadvantage, so start building your network as soon as you arrive, that'll help you navigate the job hunting process. Building networks take time, even years.

So how to do that? Attend networking events, do volunteering, attend church (if you do so in the PH), join social or community events. Just because you're job hunting doesn't mean you only focus on meeting people within the work setting. You'd be surprised at how many people you'd meet and who they know. Build strong relationships with people you genuine like; don't ask for a job from people you meet for the first time

Remember that the purpose of the CV and cover letter is to get you an interview. What you do in the interview is what can get you the job, so also prepare yourself for interviews. Hope all these info has helped you get an insight of Australian job-hunting culture. :smiley:

This part is very assumptive

The labour market in Australia relies heavily on networks. People get their jobs based on who they know (someone they know is working in the company they want to apply for). The lack of network for new migrants is a disadvantage, so start building your network as soon as you arrive, that'll help you navigate the job hunting process. Building networks take time, even years.

it somehow works against the core values of Australia particularly - equal opportunity. The assumption above makes it look like there is discrimination going on within the system which employers can get in trouble for. I don’t think I would agree with this having interviewed job applicants for my team in the past (prior to my career as a migration agent). Knowing someone probably could help you land an interview but that’s as far as you could go. You will still be assessed based on your skill set, what you can bring into the company and not because you know someone. This mentality could work in the Philippines but definitely not in Australia. One thing employers will look for is local experience but that’s the same in any country.

Based on how was described in the post, I’m trying to envisage myself getting invited for a coffee by someone I just met and I think I’ll be somehow taken a back - it’s such an aggressive approach which might work against the applicant. That’s definitely not a western culture, definitely unAustralian.

Getting a job would be the next challenge after your visa grant since you’ll be competing against those who already have the local experience. A personal example I can share is my husband. He was born in Australia but moved to Germany. After he gained his degree in engineering, he went back to Australia as a fresh graduate. It took him about 3 months to get a job despite the fact that he’s Australian. The point I’m trying to get at is we all have to go through this hurdle. It takes time to get settled into a new country but with patience and perseverance, you will get there. For your first job, just aim to get your foot into the labour force. Don’t be too choosy with pay. When you get an offer (within your industry) as long as the pay is within the standard pay rate, grab it. Give it a year and you can start looking for better opportunities and by then you’ll be able to haggle your pay. Things will just get better from here.

Hope that helps….

atheleneAuroraAustralisera222ispidprikbaikencaspersushi24Lou27Capuccino_2017

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    it somehow works against the core values of Australia particularly - equal opportunity. The assumption above makes it look like there is discrimination going on within the system which employers can get in trouble for. I don’t think I would agree with this having interviewed job applicants for my team in the past (prior to my career as a migration agent). Knowing someone probably could help you land an interview but that’s as far as you could go. You will still be assessed based on your skill set, what you can bring into the company and not because you know someone. This mentality could work in the Philippines but definitely not in Australia. One thing employers will look for is local experience but that’s the same in any country.

Thank you for pointing that out. I now realise I made a mistake on how I wrote that first statement :# . My intention was actually to comment about finding leads about jobs through networks, not that Australians/migrants get directly hired because they knew someone from the company.

Based on how was described in the post, I’m trying to envisage myself getting invited for a coffee by someone I just met and I think I’ll be somehow taken a back - it’s such an aggressive approach which might work against the applicant. That’s definitely not a western culture, definitely unAustralian.

If it was a coffee chat invitation on the same day you meet, yes, it may come across to be aggressive. So again, my bad for not specifying that coffee chat invitations should be weeks after the first meeting, and not on the same day you meet someone.

Lou27

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@Lou27 said:

Thank you!

I suggest that you look for a template of a CV in the Australian format & use that. It's quite different from how CVs in the Philippines are structured.

Take note of the keywords in the job posts and weave those words into your CV. Some companies use software to initially filter the applications they receive and your goal should be for your CV to make it past the software and into the hands of a person who can assess if you are suitable to be short-listed for an interview.

Make sure your cover letter gets straight to the point. Remember that HR & hiring managers have to review multiple applications, so you have to stand out & not lose their interest with too many irrelevant content.

AuroraAustralisLou27
    edited June 2022

@athelene said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Thank you for pointing that out. I now realise I made a mistake on how I wrote that first statement :# . My intention was actually to comment about finding leads about jobs through networks, not that Australians/migrants get directly hired because they knew someone from the company.

If it was a coffee chat invitation on the same day you meet, yes, it may come across to be aggressive. So again, my bad for not specifying that coffee chat invitations should be weeks after the first meeting, and not on the same day you meet someone.

I think the best approach is still to rely on one’s own effort. If I would have met someone who’s looking for work….that person just needs to ask me if there’s an opening in my company. All I would do is either I tell them to submit the cv through the proper portal or send the cv to me so I can forward it. I will leave it to the HR and manager involved from there. There really is no need to invite me for coffee and have an informal chat. A meet up would only apply if we hit it off well from day 1 we met and we want to be friends afterwards 😉

athelenecaspersushi24Lou27
    edited June 2022

@athelene said:

@Lou27 said:

Thank you!

The labour market in Australia relies heavily on networks. People get their leads about job opportunities from people they know (someone they know is working in the company they want to apply for). The lack of network for new migrants is a disadvantage, so start building your network as soon as you arrive, that'll help you navigate the job hunting process. Building networks take time, even years.

So how to do that? Attend networking events, do volunteering, attend church (if you do so in the PH), join social or community events. Just because you're job hunting doesn't mean you only focus on meeting people within the work setting. You'd be surprised at how many people you'd meet and who they know. Build strong relationships with people you genuine like; don't ask for a job from people you meet for the first time in networking events.

If you've met someone working in the industry you want to join, contact them at a later date if they're free to "meet up for coffee" (a.k.a. coffee chat, used to refer to either hanging out socially or for an informational interview). When you do invite them for a coffee chat, let them know your goal for the chat (asking them about their experience in the industry). The coffee chat is an opportunity for you to know them better, and vice versa. The important thing here is not just about you knowing someone in the industry, but someone from the industry is starting to KNOW YOU.

Most Aussie employers hire people not just because of their technical skills (hard skills), but because of the person's attitude/personality (soft skills). If people have met you and know you personally, they are more likely to refer you to any job openings in their company.

When applying for multiple companies, don't submit a generic CV and cover letter to everyone. Tailor them according to each company, explaining why you'd like to work there (i.e., company values align with yours). Employers want to know that you know a bit about the company and are making an effort to tailor your application.

Avoid putting in your CV any information that are irrelevant to the role and/or can be used as basis for discrimination (i.e., gender, religion, age, photo, height, weight, marital status). The content of CV should usually be educational qualification, professional work experience, volunteering experience (if any), professional associations/memberships (orgs related to your profession). Definitely include your name, e-mail address, and mobile number so the employer can contact you.

As for referees (this is the term they use locally to talk about character references), skip them from your CV unless they specifically ask for it in the job posting. You don't want random people calling your referees because their private info is out in the world. Leaving them out of your CV will help you see where you are in the hiring process, as the employer will ask for it when you're further along, like when they're ready to call you in for an interview. Personally, I've done that (skipping the referee on the CV), and I was only asked for them after the interview. And then I informed my referees that I had applied for this role at this company, and they should expect a call within the next few days. Knowing the time that the company will contact your referees will also help you give your referees a heads-up about the situation, so they can give you the best recommendation to your potential employer (they can relate your work ethic to the specific job you applied for).

Make your cover letter count. The purpose of the cover letter is to include information about you that isn't already in the CV. First write about where or how you discovered the job opportunity (recommended by a friend, found on LinkedIn or Seek, website, etc.) and what role you are applying for. The company could be hiring for multiple positions, so you have to be clear right away which one you are keen on. If you already have your PR, include that fact into your cover letter (a permanent resident of Australia who is in the process of moving to Australia in the next few months). Employers want to know you have work rights (many employers don't want to sponsor for a work visa).

If the employer has a selection criteria, you have to address in your cover letter how you, as an applicant, meets that criteria. There is actually another type of letter that employers sometimes ask for (selection criteria letter), and this is where you talk about the selection criteria. But if they don't request that from you, you can do that in your cover letter. If the role you are applying for is pretty similar to your previous work in the PH, highlight in your cover letter how your previous experience (hard skills) and transferable skills (soft skills) relate to the new job. Having transferable skills (communication, critical thinking, teamwork, leadership, etc.) is very important here in Australia, and how you weave that into the conversation/cover letter is key. If you write something in your cover letter or CV, expect the employer to ask about it in the interview.

This topic of transferable skills was actually asked during my interview. I was asked about how I handled pressure during my volunteering role (I kinda blanked out at first because I wasn't expecting this at all), and then I explained how I asked my colleagues for help (teamwork and leadership) and initiated small talk with the customer (communication) so that they don't feel like they're waiting for a long time.

I still don’t think they rely heavily on networks….employers simply advertise their job openings and rely on the pool of candidates applying for the job with the hope that they will be able to pick the best amongst that pool - that’s it, there’s no rocket science to it 😉

athelenecaspersushi24Lou27nashmacoy101era222
  • Lou27Lou27 Posts: 70Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    Don’t put a photo on cv. They find it odd to see a cv with photo. That’s one thing I noticed when I was starting out in Australia and when I was interviewing applicants.

Putting your photo in there as well as some personal information might work against your favour as it could encourage discrimination towards your application.

Thanks, @RheaMARN1171933 ! This is actually the first thing I learned while searching for a CV format. :)

@athelene said:

@Lou27 said:

Thank you!

Thank you @athelene! I get what you mean when you say people get recommendations / inside info from people in the same company.

Also, I appreciate that you included pointers regarding cover letters. I am stuck in the process of creating one as I get intimidated with the job descriptions from websites (Seek, Indeed).

Question regarding the job environment: Is it multicultural? Will there be an orientation/ training sessions for new hires? I would have to wait for my registration in Australia, so I am looking at Admin jobs in universities, schools, and the Department of Education in the meantime.

Thank for this. Somehow, I feel relieved knowing that I will get the same opportunity as the others.

Question regarding interviews and job applications: Would it be okay to not include a mobile number in my CV? My flight is scheduled in the second week of July and I am yet to get a mobile number in Australia. Do employers contact applicants by calling or by email?

• era222era222 Philippines

Hello! Not in Oz (yet), but I used to work for an Australian HR practitioner, writing CVs and cover letters for Australian job-hunters. Na-test ko rin mga takeaways ko from that job when I tried applying to Oz jobs, offshore. It got me an invitation to interview, surprisingly! So hopefully these will help:

• Use the job ad as your guide. Extract keywords, key skills, and duties from it and then try to frame your CV that way. (Always stick to the truth though)
    • Tailor your CV for each job. Don't submit a generic CV.
    • If the job you're applying for aligns with your previous experience, and you're including a job title in your CV, use the title from the ad.
    • Unlike the norm here sa Pinas, I've found that you can be more detailed sa CV mo if it helps sell what you have to offer. So things like a brief summary of the company or your role can work.
    • Results-based and STAR statements work. Kung may numbers na mailagay, ilagay.
    • As previously said, don't give references agad for privacy/security purposes. You can put "Available upon request".
    • If applying for a role that doesn't align with your previous experience, highlight transferable skills. State in your CV how you can do a particular duty that's listed sa ad, using the skill, knowledge, and experience you gained from past roles.
    • Be mindful of anything that can promote bias—besides the ones stated above, my boss also asked that we remove any geographic indicators sa company name and school. For example "Company Philippines" will become "Company" na lang, if kaya. Pinapaalis din samin yung address ng school and company, unless significant.
    • Don't forget to write in Australian English!
    AuroraAustralisatheleneLou27climMACINOZ2023mikelleEeOZdatadash

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

edited June 2022

@Lou27 said:
    Question regarding interviews and job applications: Would it be okay to not include a mobile number in my CV? My flight is scheduled in the second week of July and I am yet to get a mobile number in Australia. Do employers contact applicants by calling or by email?

In my experience, they called my mobile number instead of sending an email (I had both details on my CV). I missed the call so they left a voice message (which is pretty common practice if it's something important or urgent), and I called them back. But I guess that really depends on the employer on how they conduct their business.

You are arriving soon, so if you can wait till you get a mobile number, that might be better because it'll be easier for employers/HR to contact you (calling is faster than typing a detailed email I think).

AuroraAustralisLou27

• EricTCEricTC Posts: 157Member

Thank you so much for this thread. :)

233214 - Structural Engineer
    visa 189 = 85pts | visa 190 = 90pts | visa 491 = 100pts
    Timeline:
    08/06/2021 - Contacted an Immigration Agent
    11/06/2021 - Preparation of Initial Documents (including 3 Career Episode Essays, SS etc.)
    25/08/2021 - Completion of all Initial Documents
    05/09/2021 - Start of PTE Academic Review (English Exam)
    30/10/2021 - PTE Academic Exam & Results ( L:90 | R:83 | S:90| W:90 ) Superior, First-Time Test Taker
    04/11/2021 - EA Skills Assessment submitted for 233214 - Structural Engineer
    23/11/2021 - Positive EA Skills Assessment outcome
    25/11/2021 - EOI submitted
    Around January 2022 - ROI submitted (RDA Sydney NSW) - not invited
    Around March 2022 - ROI submitted (Northern Rivers NSW)
    08/04/2022 - Pre-invite Received (Northern Rivers NSW)
    06/05/2022 - Received ITA (Northern Rivers NSW)
    13/06/2022 - Visa Lodged
    17/06/2022 - Health Examinations (Medical)
    30/06/2022 - Biometrics
    19/08/2022 - Visa Grant (Wooohooo! To God be all the glory!)
    22/09/2022 - Got Polio Vaccination Certificate from RHU
    10/10/2022 - Got Covid Vaccination Certificate online
    17/10/2022 - Secured a short-term accommodation in my regional area while offshore ($200 AUD incl. bills)
    06/11/2022 - Secured a long-term accommodation in my regional area while offshore ($180 AUD incl. bills)
    17/11/2022 - Big MOVE 2022
    PTE Exam Complete Preparation Guide:
    https://tinyurl.com/PTEPreparationGuide
    How I got an Australian visa in a span of 1.2 years
    https://tinyurl.com/HowIGotAnAustralianVisa
    Follow my YouTube channel for glimpse of regional Australia:
    https://tinyurl.com/YouTubeShortsEricTC
    James 1:5-6
    (New International Version)
    5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
    6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
    Testimony: God is always one step ahead.

• gerchitectgerchitect Posts: 22Member

Hello po Kabayan, I'm seeking advice po regarding Architectural, Building and Surveying Technician "NEC" po for Subclass 190/491 application po.

UNDER VETASSESS- REQUIREMENTS po
    Paano po yung process sa Cover letter na Rationale daw po for NEC? Ano po dapat ilagay? Salamat po in advanced,. God bless po! 🙂

• MACINOZ2023MACINOZ2023 Qatar

:)

d_b

POINTS BREAKDOWN and JOB CODE

Age : 25 | Education : 15 | Work : 5 | English PTE : 20 | Partner : 5
    ANZSCO Code : Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111)
    Applicant : Husband

TIMELINE

XXX-XX-2023 - 491 NSW Visa Grant

September 27, 2023 - Attached Cover Letter and Clicked "I confirm" button.
    September 21, 2023 - Attached required Form 1229
    September 14, 2023 - Received CO Contact/S56 (Form 1229)
    June 2023 - Medicals Cleared
    May 20, 2023 - Medical Physical Check up
    May 15, 2023 - Medical Laboratory Tests
    May 11, 2023 - Biometrics
    May 05, 2023 - Lodged Visa 491 NSW (85 pts)
    April 2023 - Philippines NBI and Qatar PCC
    March 17, 2023 - 491 NSW (RDA Illawara) State Nomination Approval and ITA from Skillselect
    February 14, 2023 - RDA Application to Illawara (NSW 491)

December 2022 - EOI (NSW 190 and 491)
    November 2022 - EOI (SA 491, WA 491, and VIC 190)
    November 2022 - 3rd PTE Exam - Applicant - Superior
    November 2022 - 2nd PTE Exam - Applicant - Proficient
    October 2022 : 1st PTE Exam - Applicant - Proficient
    October 2022 : PTE Exam - Dependent - Proficient
    September 2022 : Review for PTE
    August 2022 : ACS Result - Positive - Suitable for Migration
    June 2022 : ACS Application Submitted
    March 2022 : Signed Service Agreement with our Migration Agent

"Until it's my turn, I will keep clapping for others."

• d_bd_b Posts: 84Member

@MACINOZ2023 said:

nagsmiley para mabookmark? haha

20220115 - Drunk-booked an IELTS exam to force myself to start my immigration journey
    20220122 - Took the exam with a week's review. 1st take IELTS result: L8.0/R8.5/W_6.5_/S8.5
    20220123 - Joined this forum and never logged in since
    20220324 - Payment and documents submission for skills assessment
    20220426 - Skills assessment outcome: Positive
    Dormant for a few months due to work commitment
    20221114 - Got interested in NZ from stories of friends who went there
    20230101 - Started to look for agents/agencies to help me; was advised to redirect my efforts to AU because of my readily available positive skills assessment result
    20230213 - Was advised to retake my English Test and try PTE. PTE 1st take result: 90 overall
    20230312 - Started submitting EOI's
    20230424 - Received ITA from NSW
    20230430 - Started to get active in this forum
    20230520 - Online Submission
    xxxxxxxx - I don't even know what's next. Ginaya ko lang yung signature ng iba.
    20240208 - Golden email received

@d_b said:

@MACINOZ2023 said:

Haha nakakahiya mag "ff". Smile para pampa good vibes! :D

era222

TIMELINE

March 17, 2023 - 491 NSW (RDA Illawara) State Nomination Approval and ITA from Skillselect

• d_bd_b Posts: 84Member

@MACINOZ2023 said:

@d_b said:

@MACINOZ2023 said:

Bookmark the whole thread?
    haha i accidentally discovered this. Disregard if you already know this. :)

20220115 - Drunk-booked an IELTS exam to force myself to start my immigration journey
    20220122 - Took the exam with a week's review. 1st take IELTS result: L8.0/R8.5/W_6.5_/S8.5
    20220123 - Joined this forum and never logged in since
    20220324 - Payment and documents submission for skills assessment
    20220426 - Skills assessment outcome: Positive
    Dormant for a few months due to work commitment
    20221114 - Got interested in NZ from stories of friends who went there
    20230101 - Started to look for agents/agencies to help me; was advised to redirect my efforts to AU because of my readily available positive skills assessment result
    20230213 - Was advised to retake my English Test and try PTE. PTE 1st take result: 90 overall
    20230312 - Started submitting EOI's
    20230424 - Received ITA from NSW
    20230430 - Started to get active in this forum
    20230520 - Online Submission
    xxxxxxxx - I don't even know what's next. Ginaya ko lang yung signature ng iba.
    20240208 - Golden email received

@d_b said:

@MACINOZ2023 said:

@d_b said:

@MACINOZ2023 said:

Bookmark the whole thread?
    haha i accidentally discovered this. Disregard if you already know this. :)

Thank you Sir! :D

d_b

TIMELINE