Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

485 Visa

rjkorjko PhilippinesPosts: 3Member

Good day everyone, Need help po.
Brief story. I have been here in Australia for almost 3 years na taking up Bachelor in Nursing and hopefully I will graduate this year. Unfortunately, hindi ko na po alam yung next na step. I have tried to contact iyong agency ko pero hindi na sila nagrereply sa akin. I also went to a different agency they have adopted me thankfully but I felt that I'm one of the least priorities kaya nagtry na lang ako magresearch but hindi ko pa rin maintindihan.

Anyway, to cut the story short I have no idea about 485 visa, the requirements, also I have my family offshore an wanted to bring them here after I graduate. Sana po matulungan niyo po ako.
Thank you.

Comments

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited July 2022

@rjko said:
    Brief story. I have been here in Australia for almost 3 years na taking up Bachelor in Nursing and hopefully I will graduate this year. Unfortunately, hindi ko na po alam yung next na step. I have tried to contact iyong agency ko pero hindi na sila nagrereply sa akin. I also went to a different agency they have adopted me thankfully but I felt that I'm one of the least priorities kaya nagtry na lang ako magresearch but hindi ko pa rin maintindihan.

Anyway, to cut the story short I have no idea about 485 visa, the requirements, also I have my family offshore an wanted to bring them here after I graduate. Sana po matulungan niyo po ako.
    Thank you.

Hello. Is your previous agency an education agent or a migration agent?

There is a difference in the services to provide, so you need to understand the scope of services they can provide you. Education agents can assist you with processing your application to schools and applying for the student visa, but they may not always offer assistance with the process of applying for other visas (like the 485 visa). Migration agents usually focus on skilled migration visas, although I believe they have the knowledge and expertise to help with applying for a 485 visa.

I would highly recommend you to do research on your own as well, even though you have engaged another agent to assist you. Much of the information you need is actually on the Home Affairs website, and it is the most reliable and accurate source of information about visa applications (the Home Affairs website will be your best friend).

Considering that you are graduating soon, I suggest you start compiling the documents necessary for you to be able to apply for a 485 visa. The Post-Study Work stream applies to those who have completed a bachelor degree (or higher) qualification in Australia, and that's what likely applies to you. There are tons of documents you need to have on hand BEFORE you apply for the 485 visa, such as:

1. Proof of English proficiency (IELTS, PTE, etc.). You must already have the results of the exam on hand by the time you apply for the 485 visa. If you are on your final year or semester, schedule your English exam as early as now, especially if it's difficult to get an appointment or booking. That proof of English proficiency must still be valid by the time you apply for the 485 visa.

2. Completion letter from the university (this is different from an official transcript or diploma). This letter is issued by the educational institution after your final semester grades have been finalized (usually several weeks after the final exam or submissions), and this states that you have successfully completed the program. The graduation can be held more than 3 months after you receive the completion letter, and the transcript and diploma will be mailed/sent out several weeks after graduation.

3. Certified copy of course transcript. As I mentioned, the transcript will be issued after your official graduation, which can take several weeks. After receiving your completion letter, I suggest you contact the university registrar to ask if they can issue the official transcript sooner/earlier than the graduation, and tell them that you need them ASAP because you're applying for the 485 visa. With the pandemic still ongoing, I just don't know how fast or slow the registrars are with issuing transcripts. After you receive the official hard-copy transcript, get that photocopied and certified by a Justice of the Peace (typically a free service). JPs are like the equivalent of public notaries in the PH, so they will need to see the original copies of the documents and certify/sign the photocopies (you can bring the photocopies or they will do the photocopying for you). Each state/territory has a website where you can look for the nearest JP in your location. Just Google "Justice of the Peace Australia [type in the state/territory where you live]" and find the official website that lists available JPs (only go to .gov.au websites). That certified copy is what you need to scan and upload to your application.

4. Proof of identity (PH passport)

5. Health insurance. After your OSHC expires, you still need to be covered by health insurance and it should be valid for entire time that you are onshore on a 485 visa. You need to purchase health insurance under Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC), which applies to people with a temporary visa. This health insurance should cover you for the entire duration of your 485 visa (which should be valid for 2 years under Post-Study Work stream). If you are eligible for a 3-year 485 visa, your health insurance should be valid for 3 years. Check whether that health insurance meets Home Affair's requirements for adequate health insurance.

6. Australian Federal Police Check

7. Documents relevant to your partner and/or dependents. I'm not very familiar with dependent-related documents, but you need to declare your dependents in your application so you can include them in your visa application.

This list isn't exhaustive. Check out the link below, as it will direct you to the Home Affairs page with complete info about the 485 visa:
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-graduate-485/post-study-work

rjko

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• eris0819eris0819 Posts: 158Member

@rjko said:

Thank you.

Hello po, san po kayo nag-Nursing? may scholarship po?

• cyee012cyee012 Posts: 7Member

Hi!
    I graduated from UTS and Deakin. Sa UTS I have my middle name on all documents while sa Deakin, wala po.
    Do I need to request for new documents sa deakin?
    I will be applying for 485 visa this month.
    Will this be an issue if wala middle name ko sa Deakin docs?
    Hope you reply po.
    Thank you