Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Claiming beyond 10 years experience for ACS

RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator

This is an example why it’s beneficial to claim as far beyond 10 years of experience as possible. ACS can deduct the years from your experience beyond the 10 year timeline.

The case sample attached was for an RPL with 6 years required minimum experience.

kidfrompolomolokHeprexyhsoque

Comments

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC
    edited November 2022

But it's still best to note, for transparency, that this is NOT always the case to avoid confusion and people being misled.

The more qualifying statement for this is "ACS may deduct years from your experience beyond the 10-year timeline."

seohyun

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited November 2022

@_sebodemacho said:
    But it's still best to note, for transparency, that this is NOT always the case to avoid confusion and people being misled.

The more qualifying statement for this is "ACS may deduct years from your experience beyond the 10-year timeline."

What is misleading here? Can is defined as 1.
    be able to.
    "they can run fast"
    be permitted to.
    "you can use the phone if you want to"

May is defined as expressing possibility.
    "that may be true"
    used to ask for or to give permission.
    "you may confirm my identity with your Case Officer, if you wish"

It is given that everything claimed is subject to the authority’s discretion. If they find that the qualifying years occurred beyond the 10 years then they are permitted to / can deduct the qualifying years from there. It isn’t a possibility/may because it is a fact that they are able to deduct those years.

ACS can/permitted to deduct the qualifying years beyond the 10 years if they think it is suitable.

The word may is more apt if the topic of the post was claiming work experience in general without knowing the results, ie the work experience beyond the 10 years may be considered by the assessing officer - but the post isn’t referring to that.

The post emphasises on the fact that it is beneficial to claim beyond the 10 years because if the assessor finds it suitable like the example given they will deduct the qualifying years from beyond the 10 years…you can’t use a may verb here as the example provides a fact and not a possibility 😂 I don’t see anything misleading here.

Bottom line is, there is nothing to lose if you claim as far back experience…doing so won’t lead to any negative outcome but rather beneficial. It may not be recognised but at least you’ve put it out there for the assessor to decide.

Speaking of misleading comments, there are a lot of advice/opinions given in this forum where I see potential danger as such can lead to a problematic result. Hence the reason I give my 2 cents of professional knowledge when I see such risks to help out in my own little way. This post alone isn’t misleading for all the reasons mentioned above but rather disheartening for those who have claimed beyond the 10 years work experience but the assessor didn’t consider those as qualifying years.

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC
    edited November 2022

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

be able to.
    "they can run fast"
    be permitted to.

"that may be true"

It is given that everything claimed is subject to the authority’s discretion. If they find that the qualifying years occurred beyond the 10 years then they are permitted to / can deduct the qualifying years from there. It isn’t a possibility/may because it is a fact that they are able to deduct those years.

The topic of the post refers to an example of an outcome wherein the assessing officer considered the experience beyond the 10 years. This alone states a fact and not a possibility hence the verb may isn’t applicable. Not sure what is misleading here?

ACS can/permitted to deduct the qualifying years beyond the 10 years if they think it is suitable.

The word may is more apt if the topic of the post was claiming work experience in general without knowing the results, ie the work experience beyond the 10 years may be considered by the assessing officer - but the post isn’t referring to that.

The post emphasises the fact that it is beneficial to claim beyond the 10 years because if the assessor finds it suitable like the example given they will deduct the qualifying years from beyond the 10 years…you can’t use a may verb here as the example provides a fact and not a possibility 😂

Bottom line here is, there is nothing to lose if you claim as far back experience…doing so won’t lead to any negative outcome but rather beneficial. It may not be recognised but at least you’ve put it out there for the assessor to decide.

Speaking of misleading comments, there are a lot of advice/opinions given in this forum where I see danger as such can lead to a problematic result. Hence the reason I give my 2 cents of professional knowledge when I see such risks to help out in my own little way. This post alone isn’t misleading for all the reasons mentioned above but rather disheartening for those who have claimed beyond the 10 years work experience but the assessor didn’t consider those as qualifying years.

As disheartening as it is, you cannot deny the fact that this is NOT true for all. True, your example is factual. But it is also FACTUAL that NOT all cases are the same, there go "chance" and "possibility".

So, preach all you want, but for all the same reasons you are "correcting" people, they deserve clearer and encompassing explanations than simply "hearing it from someone in the profession".

seohyunmathilde9

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited November 2022

@_sebodemacho said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@_sebodemacho said:

be able to.
    "they can run fast"
    be permitted to.

"that may be true"

The topic of the post refers to an example of an outcome wherein the assessing officer considered the experience beyond the 10 years. This alone states a fact and not a possibility hence the verb may isn’t applicable. Not sure what is misleading here?

The post emphasises the fact that it is beneficial to claim beyond the 10 years because if the assessor finds it suitable like the example given they will deduct the qualifying years from beyond the 10 years…you can’t use a may verb here as the example provides a fact and not a possibility 😂

Bottom line here is, there is nothing to lose if you claim as far back experience…doing so won’t lead to any negative outcome but rather beneficial. It may not be recognised but at least you’ve put it out there for the assessor to decide.

Speaking of misleading comments, there are a lot of advice/opinions given in this forum where I see danger as such can lead to a problematic result. Hence the reason I give my 2 cents of professional knowledge when I see such risks to help out in my own little way. This post alone isn’t misleading for all the reasons mentioned above but rather disheartening for those who have claimed beyond the 10 years work experience but the assessor didn’t consider those as qualifying years.

You cannot deny the fact that this is NOT true for all. True, your example is factual. But it is also FACTUAL that NOT all cases are the same, there goes "chance" and "possibility".

So, preach all you want, but for all the same reasons you are "correcting" people, they deserve clearer and encompassing explanations than simply "hearing it from someone in the profession

I refer back to the example given. I’m not even correcting people on the post, I’m giving an example, a fact on a new discussion created. A post was made and not a comment to which members can ask questions if not clear. Please stay within the topic of the post. Would be good if you are able to clarify what is exactly misleading in reference to the example provided on the post rather than going going off topic.

I also refer to #4 & #5 of the forum’s rules see link below. Please be mindful as otherwise your posts will be deleted again. Thank you.

https://pinoyau.info/plugin/page/rules

_sebodemacho