Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Need Advice (New job after EOI? Monthly EOI?)

Hello, everyone! A new member here. I just want to ask for some advice about my visa application. :smile:

To give some quick info on my progress, I have submitted 3 EOIs late last year after receiving a positive assessment result from ACS: 189, 190 (QLD), & 491 (QLD).

I am currently waiting for any invitation to arrive. However, since it's a new year, I have some plans I would like to pursue that I need your advice on:
1. I am eyeing to find a new job in hopes of higher pay. Will this affect my ACS assessment, EOIs, or the visa application itself?
2. I saw this Youtube video that suggests to register multiple EOIs—possibly on a monthly basis—so you always have a submission every round of deliberation. Has anyone done this? Is it really advisable?

Thank you so much for anyone who responds! Good luck to all of us waiting for invitation. :smile:

Comments

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@hrbg said:
    Hello, everyone! A new member here. I just want to ask for some advice about my visa application. :smile:

To give some quick info on my progress, I have submitted 3 EOIs late last year after receiving a positive assessment result from ACS: 189, 190 (QLD), & 491 (QLD).

I am currently waiting for any invitation to arrive. However, since it's a new year, I have some plans I would like to pursue that I need your advice on:
    1. I am eyeing to find a new job in hopes of higher pay. Will this affect my ACS assessment, EOIs, or the visa application itself?
    2. I saw this Youtube video that suggests to register multiple EOIs—possibly on a monthly basis—so you always have a submission every round of deliberation. Has anyone done this? Is it really advisable?

Thank you so much for anyone who responds! Good luck to all of us waiting for invitation. :smile:

I can answer #2

Yes you can register for multiple EOIs pero no need to make a new one every month. If di eligible EOI mo at all, hindi yan maiinvite whether you make 1 or 10. Also, one criteria that they have for EOIs is they invite the ones who submitted earlier if same pts (for ex both 90 pts, one submitted in Oct, one submitted in Nov. maiinvite yung EOI sa Nov if nareach na ang quota)

Usually what people do here is they submit an EOI for 189, and multiple 190/491 EOIs depending if they qualify for the state's reqts.

hrbg

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

@hrbg said:

1. You can change jobs and update your EOI on the start and end dates of previous job and enter current employment start date . Since wala pa kayo invite mas maigi na up to date na EOI . Check also if QLD also requires ROI .
    2. That is exhaustive ,you can follow that but you have to ensure lang na tama mga entries and monitor lang dahil madami yan , for me advisable is to make EOI/ROI for all states na eligible ka? and no one stops you from making EOIs and ROIs in other states also. Just check on each individual states requirements and some may require ROIs.
    hrbg

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023 : results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023 : Medicals completed
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• hrbghrbg Posts: 5Member

@MLBS said:

@hrbg said:

I can answer #2

Yes you can register for multiple EOIs pero no need to make a new one every month. If di eligible EOI mo at all, hindi yan maiinvite whether you make 1 or 10. Also, one criteria that they have for EOIs is they invite the ones who submitted earlier if same pts (for ex both 90 pts, one submitted in Oct, one submitted in Nov. maiinvite yung EOI sa Nov if nareach na ang quota)

Usually what people do here is they submit an EOI for 189, and multiple 190/491 EOIs depending if they qualify for the state's reqts.

Thanks for responding! I was skeptical too about the monthly EOI thing. It just seems futile.

@Ozdrims said:

@hrbg said:

1. You can change jobs and update your EOI on the start and end dates of previous job and enter current employment start date . Since wala pa kayo invite mas maigi na up to date na EOI . Check also if QLD also requires ROI .
    2. That is exhaustive ,you can follow that but you have to ensure lang na tama mga entries and monitor lang dahil madami yan , for me advisable is to make EOI/ROI for all states na eligible ka? and no one stops you from making EOIs and ROIs in other states also. Just check on each individual states requirements and some may require ROIs.

Thanks for responding! I just checked and QLD does not require ROI. Some follow-up questions:
    1. When adding new employment that's taken after assessment, should it be marked as 'Not related' so it won't skew the estimated points?
    2. Isn't it the case that updating an already submitted EOI also updates its date of effect? Does that mean that I would essentially be bumped down the queue?

1. If is related and just a new employer you can still claim points as per the points test for the purpose of awarding the applicant with an assessed score , take note the points indicated in the EOI is not yet final and is deemed to change over time due to extenuating factors like age, experience etc.
    2. Queue on the pool will be based on your EOI DOE that is a fact ,updating can affect you negatively once your estimated points decreases but if points increases due to it, it does matter to make an update.
      DOE does not affect your ranking
      if the estimated points remains unchanged even after updating .They will still follow date initially submitted when the latter happens.
    hrbg

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

There are states that don’t consider DOE such as NSW ,in your case QLD if you need to make changes to EOI you need to withdraw and make a new one, also it does not affect the time that QLD to get you invited .

hrbg

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

Whats your nominated occupation nga po pla and points breakdown ? Para makapag suggest naman mga other members na may insight din sa situation mo, thanks

hrbg

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

@Ozdrims said:
    1. If is related and just a new employer you can still claim points as per the points test for the purpose of awarding the applicant with an assessed score , take note the points indicated in the EOI is not yet final and is deemed to change over time due to extenuating factors like age, experience etc.
    2. Queue on the pool will be based on your EOI DOE that is a fact ,updating can affect you negatively once your estimated points decreases but if points increases due to it, it does matter to make an update.
    if the estimated points remains unchanged even after updating .They will still follow date initially submitted when the latter happens.

1. But I thought I cannot claim points for any work experience not deemed relevant by ACS in my result letter? Doesn't saying 'Yes' to 'Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?' equate to claiming points (even if it amounts to no points)?
    2. Let's say I pursue the new job but my stay there doesn't add anything to my points, should I still go for another ACS assessment to include it?

Thanks for the clarifications!

@Ozdrims said:
    Whats your nominated occupation nga po pla and points breakdown ? Para makapag suggest naman mga other members na may insight din sa situation mo, thanks

My nominated occupation is Developer Programmer - 261312. Here are my points:

@hrbg said:

@Ozdrims said:

1. But I thought I cannot claim points for any work experience not deemed relevant by ACS in my result letter? Doesn't saying 'Yes' to 'Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?' equate to claiming points (even if it amounts to no points)?

that retrospect is anchored to your assessed employment episodes by ACS at the time you submit the assessed experience , with respect to state nomination you may continue to claim experience points for continued employment after you completed a skills assessment by providing relevant pertinent continuing employment proofs. Skills Assessment is valid for at least 3 years , for continued employment you can support this to the state CO as per above.

1. Let's say I pursue the new job but my stay there doesn't add anything to my points, should I still go for another ACS assessment to include it?

No need to go for another assessment as it is just costly at your end, when employment proofs can be accepted as a minimum for continued employment, this may mean a new employer and continue to be working in the nominated occupation .

Thanks for the clarifications!

hrbg

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT