Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visa for Newborn Child of Permanent Residents

giraffe1giraffe1 Posts: 3Member
edited January 2011 in Family and Partner Visas
Hi

while waiting for the philippines.com.au forum to go back live, please can anyone give advise on how to get a permanent visa for our newborn (Jun 2010) child born in manila. we are permanent visa holders but still living in the philippines. we already got the baby's passport, now seeking guidance on what to do next.

Also, any idea on the timelines for processing? Does it take as long as the skilled migration visa application?

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

Comments

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    Hi

while waiting for the philippines.com.au forum to go back live, please can anyone give advise on how to get a permanent visa for our newborn (Jun 2010) child born in manila. we are permanent visa holders but still living in the philippines. we already got the baby's passport, now seeking guidance on what to do next.

Also, any idea on the timelines for processing? Does it take as long as the skilled migration visa application?

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers
    @giraffe1 is your case something like this?

What happens if I have my visa, but not validated it, and my child is born?

If your visa has already been granted, your newborn child will not get a visa granted on your already successful application. You have an obligation to inform DIAC about the new addition to your family, as a change of circumstances before initial validation needs to be reported to DIAC. Your baby will have to be sponsored on a child visa later on.

got this from http://ptlabs.com.au/visas/faq.php#pcm003

Child visa ata yon.

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

• jayjee09jayjee09 Singapore
  • ryansicadryansicad Dubai
    Hi All,
    Quick question.
    We are PR residents still living outside Australia. We are from Dubai and are expecting our 2nd baby. We also plan to move to Australia before our child is born.
    We learned this will make our baby Australian citizen by birth as per this rule, "Children born in Australia automatically acquire Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child's birth."
    However, what if after birth, for some reasons, we decide to go back to Dubai, what repercussions will it have on our child's citizenship?
    Will we or our child be required to stay on Australia after birth? What are the requirements from our side for our newborn and what will be the process for applying for a visa or citizenship?
    Thanks for all your answers in advance.
  • papercutpapercut Manila
    @ryansicad hello, any updates regarding this?