Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

How to convert PH Driver's License to AU Driver's License?

Comments

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    @JCsantos Mga how much po kaya kung mag driving lesson sa AU? Kasi may nabasa ako na 50$/hr, tapos 75 hours dapat may kasamang driving instructor. Eh around 3750$ na agad iyon? Ganoon po ba ang rule?

Pupunta po ako doon on work visa pero after 3 months mag apply ako for PR.
    Yes, driving lesson range starts from 40$

inde ko alam kung nag bago na ang rule pero dati merong certain age para ma waived yung number of hour driving , it means you dont need to have 75 hours driving with an instructor

and also every state have their own rules for getting a driver license

saang state ka ba?

Google for Everything !!!

• BornBorn Mandaluyong
    Victoria po at 26 yo po.
    Victoria po at 26 yo po.
    Google is you best friend

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/renew-replace-or-update/new-to-victoria/overseas-drivers

If it still not clear call them and ask

• HellfireHellfire Melbourne
    @Born Naka depende kung feeling confident ka na after ng last hour of lesson mo. Ako din beginner, hindi ako nagdrive sa pinas, kumuha lang ako license kasi plan ko magdrive sa pinas but hindi natuloy.

In my experience, 10hours of everyday driving lesson kaya mo na ipasa yung driving test. Based sa mga experiences ng mga kakilala ko, mas mabilis pumasa yung mga walang experience sa driving exam dito kasi wala sila bad habit like changing lane without checking rear mirrors or overtaking sa wrong side. Basta

But nasayo yan. Kung feeling confident ka na then go for it. Naalala ko pa sabi nung instructor ko mga additional 2 hours pa need ko but I opted to take the exam kasi mas kilala ko sarili ko. Then with lots of prayers buti pumasa naman. Goodluck sa pagkuha ng license.
  • BornBorn Mandaluyong
    @JCsantos Salamat!

@Hellfire, ano iyong sabi mong 120 hours? Para saan iyon? May bayad din po ba iyon? Salamat ha.
    @Born Yung 120 hours is for learner's permit holder. Yan yung total driving hours nila dapat complete to move on to next permit which is P (red) plate. But if I am not mistaken, pag 25 yrs old and above hindi na dadaan sa learning hours na yan. I think you will go straight sa P (green) plate after passing the driving test and you don't have Phil license. If meron ka Phil license 3 years and above derecho ka sa full license after passing the driving test. Sa AU kasi meron 4 stages ng license: Learner's, P (red) plate, P (green) plate and Full license. Yung first 2 license is applicable for 16- 21 yrs old. Very strict ang restrictions sa 2 permit na yan which you will know pag nagtake ka ng knowledge test.

But to be sure you can verify it sa website nila as sir JCsantos mentioned above.

To summarize, ask yourself if you have Phil DL. If yes, is it more than 3 years upon first issuance and is it still current. If no, then get a learner's permit to start practice driving here in AU.

Upon arrival, whether or not you have Phil DL, you need to take the 2 written exam and the practical driving exam. You can book this separately from one another.

Since you are 26 yrs old I believe you don't have to pass through the first 2 permits which I know is hassle. The minimum license you can get is P (green) plate.

Goodluck!
  • EnvyEnvy Milton
    @Born Naka depende kung feeling confident ka na after ng last hour of lesson mo. Ako din beginner, hindi ako nagdrive sa pinas, kumuha lang ako license kasi plan ko magdrive sa pinas but hindi natuloy.

In my experience, 10hours of everyday driving lesson kaya mo na ipasa yung driving test. Based sa mga experiences ng mga kakilala ko, mas mabilis pumasa yung mga walang experience sa driving exam dito kasi wala sila bad habit like changing lane without checking rear mirrors or overtaking sa wrong side. Basta

But nasayo yan. Kung feeling confident ka na then go for it. Naalala ko pa sabi nung instructor ko mga additional 2 hours pa need ko but I opted to take the exam kasi mas kilala ko sarili ko. Then with lots of prayers buti pumasa naman. Goodluck sa pagkuha ng license.
    10hours of everyday driving lesson? baka typo lang to.

I drive to work every day and spent an average of 15mins to work and 10mins to home.
    max na 1 hour ako nasa road everyday.

Jan 2007 - Arrive in Aus as 457
    Mar 2013 - Plan, review, read and understand visa requirements
    Apr 2013 - ACS assessment submitted
    Jun 2013 - ACS assessment received
    Aug 2013 - IETLS pass (General 8.0)
    Aug 2013 - ACT SS submitted
    Aug 2013 - Created EOI account
    Aug 2013 - VETASSES assessment submitted
    Sep 2013 - VETASSES assessment received
    Sep 2013 - ACT SS received
    Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Sep 2013 - Visa invite received
    Sep 2013 - Visa application submitted (190)
    Oct 2013 - Medical completed
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

• paifcarlopaifcarlo Sydney
    If you drive everyday, you study the local driving rules, familarise yourself with the test route you will surely pass.

I took my exam last year from Phil to Aus licence. I enrolled to a small driving school for $150 for 5 hrs (minimum charge/ package). I asked the instructor what the test parameters are as well as the test routes. I drove everyday too (15km each way) I couldn't afford to fail so I took a short class to ensure I pass.

I passed 1st take. Good luck!

10hours of everyday driving lesson? baka typo lang to.

I drive to work every day and spent an average of 15mins to work and 10mins to home.
    max na 1 hour ako nasa road everyday.

"10 hours with everyday driving lesson" which means 1 hour per day would be reasonable enough to pass your driving exam :)

But as I have stated, it depends on the exam taker whether they feel confident on their last day of lesson. Sorry for the typo sir Envy.
  • EnvyEnvy Milton
    @hellfire

apologies accepted :D

Jan 2007 - Arrive in Aus as 457
    Mar 2013 - Plan, review, read and understand visa requirements
    Apr 2013 - ACS assessment submitted
    Jun 2013 - ACS assessment received
    Aug 2013 - IETLS pass (General 8.0)
    Aug 2013 - ACT SS submitted
    Aug 2013 - Created EOI account
    Aug 2013 - VETASSES assessment submitted
    Sep 2013 - VETASSES assessment received
    Sep 2013 - ACT SS received
    Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Sep 2013 - Visa invite received
    Sep 2013 - Visa application submitted (190)
    Oct 2013 - Medical completed
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

• emrysemrys Sydney
    this is a good read... may mga vicroads test centre daw na mas mataas ang passing rate, lalo yung konti mga sasakyan.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2806975/where-youre-most-likely-to-pass-a-driving-test/
  • pa3k_ppa3k_p North Ryde
    Hi! Not sure if this was asked and answered before. To prove that you have had an overseas license for more than 3 years, is an LTO certification needed? If so, does it really have to be DFA authenticated? We are moving to Melbourne next month, just want to make sure I will be bringing all necessary papers to secure a Victorian driver's license. Thanks in advance!
    Hi! Not sure if this was asked and answered before. To prove that you have had an overseas license for more than 3 years, is an LTO certification needed? If so, does it really have to be DFA authenticated? We are moving to Melbourne next month, just want to make sure I will be bringing all necessary papers to secure a Victorian driver's license. Thanks in advance!
    it does not need to be dfa authenticated

@JCsantos But LTO certification is really required? I read the previous comments and am a bit confused because some say you just need your driver's license ID, some say you need driver's license ID with receipt, and some say you need LTO certification pa. Which is which ba talaga? Thanks :-)
  • brixx89brixx89 Sydney
    @JCsantos But LTO certification is really required? I read the previous comments and am a bit confused because some say you just need your driver's license ID, some say you need driver's license ID with receipt, and some say you need LTO certification pa. Which is which ba talaga? Thanks :-)
    nung nag inquire ako sa service SA para sa conversion ko ng DL wala naman sila sinabi since ni state ko na i was driving and held a PH DL since 2001, kumuha na lang din ako ng LTO certification for that and authenticated un kasi when I mentioned na ang purpose ko is gagamitin dito sa Aus dun na ang pick-up ng DFA- aseana..

pero since ung visa ko is considered temporary (hindi resident) I can drive for 4 years (validity ng visa) as long as valid ung PH DL ko..kaso kailangan ko din turuan si esmi mag drive kaya i papaconvert ko na lang din agad para kahit ako na mag fill out ng logbook nya pagkakuha nya ng L permit.
  • pangrom0529pangrom0529 North Ryde
    @pa3k_p, nde naman required ang certificate, unless they cannot clearly see your details (photo and name) sa licence. when i got mine dto sa nsw, all i showed is the DL from PH, and thats it.

Nominated Occupation: 221111 - Accountant (General):22.02.13-IELTS passed|21.05.13-Positive assessment CPAA|22.05.13-EOI submitted|03.06.13-Invitation received|04.06.13-189 lodged|07.06.13-NBI uploaded|15.06.13-Medicals done|31.07.13-CO assigned (T33,Brisbane)|22.08.13-Addtl docs sent to CO|04.10.13-Visa Granted! THANK YOU LORD!!!

@pangrom0529 Thanks. My concern lang is that the PH drivers license ID does not show date it was first issued so it may not be clear I have been driving for more than 3 years. It only shows validity expiry date. Will this be problem?
    edited May 2015
    If you want to be sure then get one, i did kc d naman lahat ng makakausap mo sa driving authority maniniwala sa explanation mo or by the book sila

Magkano lang ba ang cetificate compare sa peace of mind na kumpleto docs mo?

• pangrom0529pangrom0529 North Ryde
    @pangrom0529 Thanks. My concern lang is that the PH drivers license ID does not show date it was first issued so it may not be clear I have been driving for more than 3 years. It only shows validity expiry date. Will this be problem?
    @pa3k_p, it shows the year of issuance. the first two numbers after the letter is the year you had your first licence. the letter actually corresponds to the region where you applied.

Nominated Occupation: 221111 - Accountant (General):22.02.13-IELTS passed|21.05.13-Positive assessment CPAA|22.05.13-EOI submitted|03.06.13-Invitation received|04.06.13-189 lodged|07.06.13-NBI uploaded|15.06.13-Medicals done|31.07.13-CO assigned (T33,Brisbane)|22.08.13-Addtl docs sent to CO|04.10.13-Visa Granted! THANK YOU LORD!!!

edited May 2015
    @pangrom0529 I see. Does everyone in the driving authority know that? I guess JC is right, might as well get one na rin. Hopefully there is an option in LTO to get non DFA authenticated certification. Don't like going to DFA pa after one or two weeks to get the document. Thanks everyone for the inputs.
  • goreogoreo Braddon
    about theory test, pag nagpabook ako ngayon,mga kelan ang sched ng theory test?

Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) Skilled - Independent (subclass 175)
    Timeline:
    June 2012 - Visa grant
    Sep 2012 - Initial entry to Sydney (one week)
    June 2015 - Planned big move to Au

about theory test, pag nagpabook ako ngayon,mga kelan ang sched ng theory test?
    Makaka pili ka ng time at date of your choice

• pheyphey Perth
    Theory test sa WA walk-in lang di na kailangan mag pre-book
  • goreogoreo Braddon
    edited June 2015
    nag theory test na ako last Thursday and I passed it :) .. madali lang pag nakapag review ka talaga..

Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) Skilled - Independent (subclass 175)
    Timeline:
    June 2012 - Visa grant
    Sep 2012 - Initial entry to Sydney (one week)
    June 2015 - Planned big move to Au

• emrysemrys Sydney
    @pa3k_p, na-convert ko PH licence ko to AU licence dito sa VIC without LTO certification... I just showed them my licence, took the road test, hazard perception test then drive test. Goodluck!
    @pangrom0529 I see. Does everyone in the driving authority know that? I guess JC is right, might as well get one na rin. Hopefully there is an option in LTO to get non DFA authenticated certification. Don't like going to DFA pa after one or two weeks to get the document. Thanks everyone for the inputs.
  • key_renkey_ren Sydney
    @emrys hi, converted na license mo to AU, meaning full license, no need na for probationary license?

Thanks!

27 Jul 2013 - IELTS Exam
    09 Aug 2013 - IELTS Result - (L7.5, R8.5, W7, S7 = OBS 7.5)
    23 Nov 2013 - Submitted ACS Assessment
    14 Feb 2014 - ACS Assessment Result received- Positive
    11 Apr 2014 - Submitted Review for my ACS, added work experience
    23 Apr 2014 - ACS Assessment Result received - Positive
    24 Apr 2014 - EOI submitted (65 points)
    26 May 2014 - Invited to apply for Visa SC 189
    01 June 2014 - Lodged Visa SC 189
    13 June 2014 - NBI Clearance uploaded
    24 June 2014 - Allocated CO (GSM Adelaide Team 07)
    30 June 2014 - Medical Exam at SLEC BGC
    16 July 2014 - CO requested for FBI PCC
    27 Aug 2014 - Uploaded FBI PCC
    4 Sept 2014 - Visa Grant! IED: 9 June 2015

• emrysemrys Sydney
    hi @key_ren, yes po full na agad, skip na yung P :)
  • wizardofOzwizardofOz Brisbane
    Question lang po for obtaining NSW or VIC licence… Bale may valid PH DL ako since 2004 (11 years na)…

Based sa nabasa ko, I can drive for 3 months (NSW) using my PH DL… then if I would like to apply (or convert) for NSW licence, I just have to sit for an exam and do practical driving test, then I could obtain a Full licence… tama po ba?

Tanong lang, just to confirm again, I went to Oz last December 2014 for my Initial Entry, pero umalis din ako agad after 3 weeks… Now if I come back to Oz for my Big Move by Feb 2016, yun bang ‘3 months’ that I could drive in NSW using my PH DL would still be applicable? Or parang hindi na sya valid kasi nag-start mag-count yung 3 months nung time pa ng initial entry ko last December 2014? Thanks!

Nominated Occupation: Plant or Production Engineer (ANZSCO 233513)

03/23/13: IELTS GT Exam (British Council)
    04/05/13: IELTS Results L:7.0/R:7.5/W:7.5/S:8.5 OBS: 7.5
    makalipas ang isang taon....
    04/20/14: CDR Application sent to EA
    07/09/14: EA started reviewing my CDR
    08/08/14: EA Assessment Positive Results (Thank you LORD!!!)
    09/16/14: Requested EA for a Duplicate Letter (Original Outcome Letter lost during mail delivery to PH)
    09/21/14: Duplicate Assessment Letter received (Finally!!)
    09/21/14: EOI Lodged (70 pts)
    09/22/14: Invited to lodge Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) visa
    09/23/14: Obtained Overseas PCC
    09/29/14: Obtained NBI Clearance
    10/12/14: Lodged application - Visa Subclass 189
    10/12/14: Uploaded docs
    10/20/14: Medicals Done
    12/06/14: Direct Grant! To GOD Be the Glory!
    12/13/14: Completed Initial Entry - Sydney

• IslanderndCityIslanderndCity Adelaide
    edited June 2015
    @jenee ang start ng bilang ay from initial entry.
    @rareking
    @peach17
    If IED April 2015 then nakakuha ng Pinas non pro DL October 2015, so hindi na rin magamit ang Pinas DL sa South Au dahil more than 3 months na from IED?

Assessed Occupation: Industrial Engineer (IE 233511)
    Achieved Goal: Australia PR (Permanent Resident). Thanks God!

...sharpening my core gifts now...
    ...working on new, better goals...

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. ~Luke 6:28~

• tartakobskytartakobsky Melbourne
    @jenee ang start ng bilang ay from initial entry.
    @rareking
    @peach17
    If IED April 2015 then nakakuha ng Pinas non pro DL October 2015, so hindi na rin magamit ang Pinas DL sa South Au dahil more than 3 months na from IED?
    sa permanent move mag-start bilang ng 3 months kaya pwede pa yan. Di naman nasusunod yan 3 months, basta hindi expire yung lisensya pwede ka kumuha ng theory kahit lampas na ng 3 months from permanent move mo. HTH.

27-07-13 IELTS/24-10-13 TRA +/25-10-13 EOI for 190/25-10-13 SS Application to SA/19-11-13 Invited for 190/21-11-13 Lodged 190/28-11-13 Medical/16-12-13 Upload SG CoC/17-12-13 Medical cleared/13-01-14 Upload NBI/22-01-14 CO allocated, uploaded additional docs/24-01-14 Thank you Lord! Visa grant/30-04-14 Landed in Adelaide