Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Totally New - Student Visa

newbie21newbie21 SingaporePosts: 1Member
Hi! im married and currently working in singapore... Regstered nurse in Philippines. Dental nurse manager here im sg... im thinking to study in australia and bring my husband with me... I want to study BS Nursing.. may i know, how much money should i roughly have before considering this plan... Im going to support myself so i think i should be prepared financially frst... thanks

Comments

• sunflowersunflower Brisbane
    @newbie21
    Hi, welcome to the forum! Please refer to this page: http://pinoyau.info/discussion/592/student-visa-step-by-step/p1

The price for some steps (like IELTS and uni courses) are listed there, so you might be able to get the rough estimate you'll need.

Good luck! :)

EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER (ANZSCO 241111)

11/Apr/15: IELTS-IDP AU (L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7.5, S: 8.0)
    14/May/15: Lodged AITSL Application
    14/Jul/15: Positive Assessment from AITSL
    24/Jul/15: Submitted EOI (60 pts.)
    6/Sep/15: Received ITA
    19/Sep/15: Lodged Visa 189
    16/Oct/15: Lodged documents for Teacher Registration
    27/Oct/15: CO Allocated (Team Adelaide)
    10/Dec/15: Visa Grant :)
    12/Feb/16: Became a Registered Teacher in QLD
    5/Jun/16: Big Move to Oz!
    11/Jun/16: Hired as a Kindergarten Teacher

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• EXCELEXCEL Mandaluyong
    Hi! im married and currently working in singapore... Regstered nurse in Philippines. Dental nurse manager here im sg... im thinking to study in australia and bring my husband with me... I want to study BS Nursing.. may i know, how much money should i roughly have before considering this plan... Im going to support myself so i think i should be prepared financially frst... thanks
    Hello. If you are registered and possess at least 2 years of work experience as an RN, you need not to enroll yourself in a BS Nursing course. That will just cost too much. First thing you need to do is apply for AHPRA. Initially, you will fail. That is the general idea. Then you will receive a letter from AHPRA advising you to either take a conversion program or the bridging program. That is the time you search for an education provider in Australia. YOU CAN DO THIS ON YOUR OWN. Using an agent or education agent will just add to your expenses. Go to the education provider direct and not through agents. You can write them a letter expressing your interest in taking up a course in their institution/university then send a copy of the letter. Once approved offer letter will be sent to you with the tuition quote.

Bridging program lasts for 13 weeks. The course fee should $10,000 - $14,000. Well, depending to what institute/university you may want to take the course. The ideal visa should be 575 as this will allow you to work 20 hours/week and may be granted up to 5 months enough for you to: (1) finish the Bridging Program; (2) get registered with AHPRA; (3) do the ANMAC assessment. After receiving favorable result, you can then immediately proceed to apply for a General Skilled Migration (GSM) 189/190. This is a permanent visa. Alternatively, while doing your bridging program, you can start looking for sponsors who might want to sponsor you under the 457 visa. Another thing you can do while waiting for the result of your assessment with ANMAC, you can go for a work training program for nurses where you are allowed to work for 30 hours/week and paid minimum as per the Award. This is under 402 visa. During the training you will be sent to a healthcare facility, hospital, etc. Benefits of this? You can obtain Australian experience adding points to your qualifications and there is a chance that you get sponsored if you do well.

Cost should be: (1) Airfare for you and your husband; (2) Course fee; (3) Cost of living: roughly around $25,125 for you and your partner for a year; (4) AHPRA application fee; (5) Assessment fee; (6) Visa application fee - depends on what visa you are applying. Currency is in AUD. Good luck :)
  • danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    welcome to our forum...one thing that can also be a help to you is by doing backreading especially on threads pertaining to your field (nursing). Anyway one thing that can help you a lot in all of your preparation is by collating all pertinent documents/ papers in relation to your field of interest as well as to your background (course and work experience). Good luck and God bless.

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010