Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    @kowk48 yo ako . Whats the question

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

• kowk48kowk48 Mandaluyong
    @kowk48 yo ako . Whats the question

Nagpm na po ako sa inyo. :) thanks
  • codycody Sydney
    Hi po.need ur help po. My alm po ba kyu institute agency na tumatabgap na positive hep b ang applicant dto sa pinas.na try n nmn AMS which decline nla kc nga sa health of heb b. complete na kmi with everything,kso sympre we need help pa rin s mga expert which is agency. Sna po my ma recommend po kyu. Mdami salamat po
  • laarnilaarni Mandaluyong
    edited August 2014
    Hi im planning to study in au.im a registered nurse dto sa pinas.unfortunately i didn't get 7 bs sa IELTS.im still waiting for my acceptance letter at Holmesglen.i applied for cert 4 pathology and diploma of lab technology so 2yr course total.meron pa ba kau masuggest na course na after ko magraduate mataas ang chance na mgkawork.ask ko din ung mga may GTE interview anu madalas na tanungin.yan daw ang trend ngaun madalas refuse dhl d convince sagot.
  • santosjed21santosjed21 Brisbane
    @cody hi.. Is the applicant in the health profession? If so, I think you need to treat the condition first before they can accept your application. I have read somewhere in the oz website that they are very particular with diseases. In order for you to be granted a visa, a positive result from your medical exam is one of their requirements. I dont think finding another agent will yield different results as the decision for visa grants is made by the DIBP.
    @laarni hi.. What is your main goal in oz? I suggest you go to IDP, AMS for educational counseling. They might have a better pathway suited for your goals.
    Hello... Sino mga aged care course kinuha? Yun QLD bound.. Ano education provider nyo?
  • danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    @laarni ...i think it would be easier if the chosen course in OZ is closely related to your background course in Pinas and the work experience as well.

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• dopplegangerdoppleganger Singapore
    Hello sa lahat, first post ko to!

I plan to take up Advanced Diploma of Management. Subclass 572 yung visa. Marami kasi akong mga questions sana tama tong thread na napuntahan ko. Anyway, sana matulungan nyo ako:

1. Sa mga nasa Subclass 572, ano ang logical way towards PR after ng course?

2. Madali po ba makahanap ng work if I take this course (Advance Diploma of Management) Halos puro sa health care kasi ang nakikita ko which is currently in demand.

3. Management grad po ako, with 3 years work exp sa sales management (family owned business), tapos about 4 years din sa call centre as an agnet (2 years of which e dito sa Singapore where I am currently employed). Alam ko subjective itong question na to, pero any similar experience to be shared is well appreciated.

4. In relation to #3, option ko sana magpa RPL with my course and experience, tapos papasok sa Advance Diploma of Management course.

Any advise sa RPL saan pwedeng magpaassess sa based on my work experience and course?

May nababasa kasi akong 2 years dapat ang duration ng study to apply for Subclass 485, yun ay para makastay pa sa Oz at maghanap ng work. Yun po ba Subclass 572 e walang recourse other than makahanap ng sponsorship for employment?

Thanks in advance!

@doppleganger

hi bro/sis share ko lang sa iyo itong bago ko lang na receive na subscription news from IMMIGRATION NEWS and hopefully this will give some insights on your desire to study in Australia: Example #1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diploma leading to Bachelor - making sure you meet the 485 visa requirements

The words Compliance, Rules, Regulations and Guidelines on colorful arrow road signs directing you
    The 485 visa has two separate streams so be sure your in the right one
    By Jee Eun Han
    Executive Manager
    Australian Immigration Law Services

With the 485 Post Study Work (PSW) stream visa, there are benefits of not having to nominate an occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and the visa duration is longer.
    For the 485 Graduate Work (GW) stream, applicants must nominate an occupation from the SOL and this can be a major problem for many whose occupations are not there.

Now we have covered the new 485 visa streams before in Volumes 238 and 214 but recently we have seen a number of students with potential problems to apply for a 485 PSW stream visa. Many were hoping to use this visa but their study programs of completing a Diploma first then going on to complete the Bachelor degree has in many cases created a difficulty for them.

Where the problem can occur

In the 485 Post Study Work (PSW) stream the following regulation must be met;

Regulation [485.231] (1) The applicant holds a qualification or qualifications of a kind specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this subclause.

Currently the DIBP Minister specifies an applicant must have completed a specific type of degree program. These are either a Bachelor, Bachelor with Honours, Masters by Coursework/Research/Extended or Doctoral. These rules also insist that these qualifications must be achieved "as a result of study undertaken at Australian Qualifications Framework level 7 or higher."

This is the catch you must be very careful of. The completion of one of these qualifications cannot be a result of study lower than Level 7, which is Bachelor Degree level.

However this regulation has a catch, as follows;

485.231 (3) The applicant's study for the qualification or qualifications satisfied the Australian study requirement in the period of 6 months ending immediately before the day the application was made.

This means that before you apply for the 485 PSW visa, you must have completed one of those qualifications listed above and that the Australian Study Requirement was met in obtaining that qualification.

In many instances we have found that some packaged courses where students have completed their Diploma first then enrolled into the Bachelor program, do not meet Reg 485.231(3). In some cases too many credits given for the Diploma towards the Bachelor meant that they did not meet the Australian Study Requirement in completing their degree.

Example 1

Jill comes to Australia on a study package where she will complete a Diploma at XYZ College and then a Bachelor Degree and ABC University. The College and the Uni have an agreement whereby Jill will be given 1.5 years of credit of her 2 year Diploma at XYZ towards her 3 year degree at ABC Uni.

When completing her Bachelor Jill applies for the 485 Post-Study Work stream visa. She is promptly refused this visa. The DIBP point out that her time spent completing the Bachelor Degree (Level 7) did not meet the Australian Study Requirement as it was completed in only 3 semesters and below the 92 week/16 calendar month threshold. (read: Australian Study requirement)

Even though Jill had completed her Bachelor Degree after a total of 3.5 years of study and spending tens of thousands of dollars in doing so, she does not qualify for the PSW stream 485 visa.

The DIBP explain that her Diploma at XWZ College cannot be counted in the Post-Study Work stream requirements because Diploma level study in Australia is only at Level 6 and not at the minimum Level 7 required. This means that the 1.5 years of credit given to her towards her Bachelor was too much for it meant that she only studied 1.5 years at the Level 7 to obtain the qualification as outlined in 485.231(3) (above). It would have been better that she only obtained 1 year credit for her Diploma and then studied 2 years to complete her Bachelor and she could have been granted the visa.

Now Jill has an even bigger problem for her Bachelor in Business, specializing in Marketing does not qualify to nominate an occupation from the SOL. This means she is not able to apply for the 485 Graduate Work stream visa either. This stream forces applicants to nominate occupations from the SOL. This is despite the fact that the Australian Study Requirement can be met using the Diploma + Bachelor Degree qualifications.

What is Jill's Option for further study to solve this problem so she can apply for the PSW stream 485 visa?

Complete a Bachelor with Honours for this extra year of study will mean she will meet the 2 year Study Requirement at level 7 and above. This also means the qualifications obtained is on the Ministers list (above).

Complete a Masters Degree. In completion of a Masters Degree which is also listed, this will also place Jill in a position to meet the 2 year study requirement.

If Jill contemplates completing a Graduate Diploma this will not work for the 485 PSW stream. Even though Grad Dip is at Level 8 on the scale, it is not listed as one of the approved type of qualifications (above). Applicants can use Graduate Diploma's and Graduate Certificates if credit is given for these courses towards one of the qualifications on the list, eg; Masters Degree (Coursework) would be the likely scenario.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    source: Immigration News

primary applicant- wife

@doppleganger

here is example #2 on the above scenario bro/sis:
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Example 2

Hiro comes to Australia on a one year student visa and completes a Graduate Diploma of Accounting. He decides he wants to work in Australia as an Accountant so enrolls into the 2 year Masters of Accounting at the same university. The Uni gives him 1 year exemption based upon his Australian Grad Dip and he goes on to finish the Masters after another 1 year of study.

Hiro meets the 485 PSW stream visa requirements even though the Grad Dip he first completed is not on the list of qualifications specified by the DIBP Minister (above).

The facts are that he completed his Masters degree which is on the list after meeting the 2 Year Study Requirement (Grad Dip + Masters). Secondly the Grad Dip is a qualification that is at Level 8 so its direct credits towards the 2 year Masters is acceptable.

Conclusion

You see it is not as simple as just completing a Bachelor after studying here for more than two years if you have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma and given credits towards your degree. To be able to apply for the PSW stream 485 visa you must be careful to ensure that the Australian Study requirement is met in completing the Bachelor Degree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: IMMIGRATION NEWS

hope this helps ...good luck and God bless

primary applicant- wife

• ozdreamer0323ozdreamer0323 Timbuktu
    @danyan2001us Kuya dan pahingi naman po ng link kung san po kayo nagsubscribe dyan po ... :)
  • markier87markier87 Perth
    @danyan2001us wow! Such a relevant info and very timely. Good thing I saw this now and be aware of it. Is this news available through the DIBP website?

Student Visa - Subclass 574 (SVP) with De Facto Partner
    Temporary Grad Visa - Subclass 485 with De Facto Partner
    Skilled - Permanent - Subclass 189/190 with De Facto Partner
    Australian Citizienship

May 17, 2014 - IELTS Exam (Acad) (L, R, W, S)
    May 30, 2014 - IELTS Results (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-7.5) O- 8.0
    June 27, 2014 - Medicals at NHSI
    July 21, 2014 - Lodged at VFS Cebu
    July 22, 2014 - Received acknowledgment from Embassy
    July 23, 2014 - VISA GRANTED!
    July 30, 2014 - IED in Perth

June 24, 2016 - Submitted WA OQU Assessment
    June 27, 2016 - Received WA OQU Assessment Results - Positive!
    Jan-Apr 2017 - Gather docs for Skills Assessment
    May 10, 2017 - Submitted VETASSESS Application (Online) CHEMIST - 234211
    May 17, 2017 - Got a call from VETASSESS for add'l docs
    May 18, 2017 - Submitted add'l docs requested
    May 26, 2017 - VETASSESS Results - POSITIVE (Chemist)
    Sept 27, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - S
    Sept 30, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - L,R,W
    Oct. 13, 2017 - IELTS Results - (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0) Overall: 8.0

Jan 24, 2019 - Lodged visa 485 (Post-Study Work Stream)
    Feb 01, 2019 - Visa 485 Medicals Done
    Mar 11, 2019 - EOI submitted for subclass 189 (85 pts) and 190 (90 pts)
    Mar 26, 2019 - CO requested docs (visa 485), Updated EOI - (95 pts)
    Apr 08, 2019 - CO requested additional docs (visa 485)
    Apr 11, 2019 - ITA received (visa 189)
    May 09, 2019 - Client Feedback sent (105 days since lodging 485)
    May 14, 2019 - Visa SC 485 refusal - SAD DAY
    May 17, 2019 - AAT appeal lodged online
    June 4, 2019 - Visa SC 189 lodged offshore, AAT appeal dropped
    June 12, 2019 - VA Blood test (medicals done)
    Jan 31, 2020 - SC 189 GRANTED (Direct)
    Feb 11, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for partner)
    Feb 12, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for me) - STILL WAITING
    Mar 25, 2021 - Interview and Test (partner)
    Apr 23, 2021 - Approved (partner)
    TBA - Pledging ceremony (partner)

"To God be the Glory"

• Moomai1207Moomai1207 Sydney
    Pahelp naman po. Sino po sa inyo my format ng declaration othat i have access to funds during my stay in australia? Ung ppnotarize po sa lawyer.. Pls send me a cop po. It will be agreat help... Salamat po.. I
    @ozdreamer0323 .....ok ill give you the link para ikaw rin maka subscribe....

primary applicant- wife

@danyan2001us Kuya dan pahingi naman po ng link kung san po kayo nagsubscribe dyan po ... :)
    here is the link to that immigration news website...pwede ka mag subscribe dyan ...

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs092/1106091886176/archive/1107439026932.html

------------------------------------------------------------
    sa pinakababa ng page na yan makikita mo JOIN OUR MAILING LIST...click on that one then you can have your own subscription to this immigration news website....God bless

primary applicant- wife

@danyan2001us wow! Such a relevant info and very timely. Good thing I saw this now and be aware of it. Is this news available through the DIBP website?
    hi mark check mo yong latest message ko kay OZDreamer andyan ang link ng mga immigration news for our updates.....check on that one and have your own subscription para updated tayo lahat.....

primary applicant- wife

@danyan2001us, sir salamat sa reply.

I appreciate you taking time to share this information. It only shows how strict they are when it comes to the subclass 485, and perhaps to other visas as well.

Meron kasi akong proposal received from one agent. The process goes this way:

* RPL - iasses daw ako then if successful and having satisfied the requirements they will help me file for a RPL certificate that will give me an Australian qualification

* SInce may RPL na daw ako, there are 2 paths to take.
    a. apply directly to companies with the approved RPL (which proves to be challenging as majority, if not all companies would require the applicant to be physically present in Oz) Plus the chances to get hired would be slim if not a shot in the dark.

OR

b. Apply for Student Visa under Subclass 572
    -now this is the work around they have been offering. May contact school sila sa Oz. Ang siste e, parang gagawing way to OZ lang un visa to find work. Mag aaral ka and work at the same time, pero main purpose mo is to find a company to sponsor you. Kaya nga a portion of the tuition lang ang babayaran initially. Para kung ayaw na ng sudent mag aral, once may working visa na, di na sya gagastos ng malaki.

Of course they will charge daw, it sounds tempting, since I don't think I can afford a 2 year schooling cost, let alone the show money para maaprove yung student visa. They would also offer to cover the show money at certain percentage. So prior to approval of visa, may funds ka na under your bank account (3 months daw ata). All you need to pay is bank charges + a small percentage of the amount.

Any similar scenario know about this workaround? Any reaction is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Jackson
    @doppleganger ...just one thing that I can tell you....hindi madali humanap ng employer na mag sponsor sa yo dito sa OZ...firstly mahirap na nga maghanap ng work sa kagaya natin na naka student visa.....kaya I would advise you to think it over dahil pagdating mo dito sarili mo na lang diskarte yan at hindi ka na tutulungan ng agency mo na maghanap ng employer....

primary applicant- wife

• markier87markier87 Perth
    @danyan2001us okay kuya. Thanks! :)

Student Visa - Subclass 574 (SVP) with De Facto Partner
    Temporary Grad Visa - Subclass 485 with De Facto Partner
    Skilled - Permanent - Subclass 189/190 with De Facto Partner
    Australian Citizienship

May 17, 2014 - IELTS Exam (Acad) (L, R, W, S)
    May 30, 2014 - IELTS Results (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-7.5) O- 8.0
    June 27, 2014 - Medicals at NHSI
    July 21, 2014 - Lodged at VFS Cebu
    July 22, 2014 - Received acknowledgment from Embassy
    July 23, 2014 - VISA GRANTED!
    July 30, 2014 - IED in Perth

June 24, 2016 - Submitted WA OQU Assessment
    June 27, 2016 - Received WA OQU Assessment Results - Positive!
    Jan-Apr 2017 - Gather docs for Skills Assessment
    May 10, 2017 - Submitted VETASSESS Application (Online) CHEMIST - 234211
    May 17, 2017 - Got a call from VETASSESS for add'l docs
    May 18, 2017 - Submitted add'l docs requested
    May 26, 2017 - VETASSESS Results - POSITIVE (Chemist)
    Sept 27, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - S
    Sept 30, 2017 - IELTS Exam (GT) - L,R,W
    Oct. 13, 2017 - IELTS Results - (L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0) Overall: 8.0

Jan 24, 2019 - Lodged visa 485 (Post-Study Work Stream)
    Feb 01, 2019 - Visa 485 Medicals Done
    Mar 11, 2019 - EOI submitted for subclass 189 (85 pts) and 190 (90 pts)
    Mar 26, 2019 - CO requested docs (visa 485), Updated EOI - (95 pts)
    Apr 08, 2019 - CO requested additional docs (visa 485)
    Apr 11, 2019 - ITA received (visa 189)
    May 09, 2019 - Client Feedback sent (105 days since lodging 485)
    May 14, 2019 - Visa SC 485 refusal - SAD DAY
    May 17, 2019 - AAT appeal lodged online
    June 4, 2019 - Visa SC 189 lodged offshore, AAT appeal dropped
    June 12, 2019 - VA Blood test (medicals done)
    Jan 31, 2020 - SC 189 GRANTED (Direct)
    Feb 11, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for partner)
    Feb 12, 2021 - Lodged Citizenship (for me) - STILL WAITING
    Mar 25, 2021 - Interview and Test (partner)
    Apr 23, 2021 - Approved (partner)
    TBA - Pledging ceremony (partner)

"To God be the Glory"

• carolyndmapushcarolyndmapush Sydney
    happy 1st day of september guys!!! positive vibes.. ^__^
    @doppleganger ...just one thing that I can tell you....hindi madali humanap ng employer na mag sponsor sa yo dito sa OZ...firstly mahirap na nga maghanap ng work sa kagaya natin na naka student visa.....kaya I would advise you to think it over dahil pagdating mo dito sarili mo na lang diskarte yan at hindi ka na tutulungan ng agency mo na maghanap ng employer....
    Thanks for the advice, chief!

• ropongiropongi Chantilly
    Musta mga bro/sis, good pm... tanong lang sana ko sa inyo mga nasa AUS na under student visa... sa case ko, married w/ one child, gusto ko sana isama sila pag ng apply ako ng Student Visa... ang worry ko lang is kung kakayanin namin yung gastos under the following scenario :
    1) ang prospect course (Masters in Applied I.T.) is around 10k /sem for 2 years
    2) based sa initial info na nakuha, if masters ang course, yung dependent ay pwede mag work full time at ako din full time if walang pasok (bakasyon) and 20 hours /week if course is on going.
    3) possible na hinde na namin isipin ang rent (may relative in AU)
    4) if tama yung pagka kita ko, sa age 5 na bata ang tuition is around 4,500 AUD

Anyone with similar situation? Main worry ko is if kakayanin ba ng income in case yung mga gastusin including tuition fee ng course. I learned na may iba na may additional source of income outside sa 20 hour /week which is yung nga parang "under the table " na type ng job. TIA.
  • wolfgang1977uswolfgang1977us Sydney
    Salamat po sa forum nato! i learn a lot. Visa approved na ko.
    Salamat po sa forum nato! i learn a lot. Visa approved na ko.
    congrats bro and welcome to OZ........

primary applicant- wife

@ropongi .....hi bro it would be unwise to say whether you will survive or not if you stay here in OZ with your family since it's always a case to case basis.....yet considering a couple of facts tat you have presented like you have a relative here hence you can be freed from that rent expense and others...that's a positive thing for you already.so more or less that' s one less burden on your part....however finding a job here would not be easy especially if you are a newcomer since employers usually look for local experience when it comes to job candidates.....anyway good luck and God bless.

primary applicant- wife

• ropongiropongi Chantilly
    @danyan2001us, thanks... basa-basa muna ko dito sa forum para madami matutunan then saka mag apply when ready...
    @ropongi ....saan sa OZ ang relative mo? good luck sa pag gather mo ng info bro....

primary applicant- wife

• janegerbreadjanegerbread General Santos City
    Hello everyone. Would like to share an experience po. Bakit po ba antagal ma i upload ng Nationwide ung medical results? At first they said that it would take 3-5 working days but then when I called them this morning sa friday pa dw nla i uupload. Had my medicals last Aug. 23. Hopefully they can upload it by the end of the week. My class will start on Sept. 15 na..
    Hello everyone. Would like to share an experience po. Bakit po ba antagal ma i upload ng Nationwide ung medical results? At first they said that it would take 3-5 working days but then when I called them this morning sa friday pa dw nla i uupload. Had my medicals last Aug. 23. Hopefully they can upload it by the end of the week. My class will start on Sept. 15 na..
    hi sis ..if you think that you will run out of time in your processing, send a communication with your school and ask for an extension of your course commencement...good luck

primary applicant- wife