Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Tourist Visa denied, any chance for an approved Student Visa?

GaltravellerGaltraveller San Pablo CityPosts: 41Member
Looking for other options. Already spoke and met up with a rep from a school in Melb. They are willing to give me an offer of place for an MBA. The prob will be once the visa is lodged. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Xiaomau82Xiaomau82 Singapore
    what reason nadeny ung visitor visa?
  • superluckycloversuperluckyclover Melbourne, VIC
    Looking for other options. Already spoke and met up with a rep from a school in Melb. They are willing to give me an offer of place for an MBA. The prob will be once the visa is lodged. Any suggestions?
    All you need is to satisfy that your intention in Australia is to study. Can you share also the reason bakit ka na-deny? Baka pwede pa i-appeal

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

261311 - Analyst Programmer | Age: 30 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Total: 80

Timeline:
    26 Oct 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Nov 2015 - The Eagle has landed
    02 Nov 2015 - First Day High
    15 Feb 2017 - Hubby and Bubba joined me in Melbourne
    01 Dec 2017 - Graduated Masters!
    21 Mar 2018 - Visa 485 Granted
    20 Feb 2019 - Sat NAATI CCL Exam in Adelaide
    21 Mar 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    23 Apr 2019 - Medicals Cleared - No actions required
    29 Apr 2019 - Submitted EOI for 189
    11 Jul 2019 - ITA received
    23 Jul 2019 - Lodged Visa 189! Speaking life over our PR application ♡
    04 Feb 2020 - CO Michael Contact (Asking for Evidence of NAATI CCL pass document, Status: Initial Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Responded to CO Contact, attached evidence of NAATI CCL documents (Status: Further Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Provided Compliment Feedback via DHA website
    06 Feb 2020 - Received Feedback Acknowledgement email from CO Sebastian
    06 Feb 2020 - Golden Visa Grant! PRAISE GOD!
    08 Apr 2022 - Received Citizenship Interview & Test Appointment letter
    27 Apr 2022 - Australian Citizenship by Conferral approved
    20 July 2022 - Australian Citizenship Oath Taking Whitehorse Council

• GaltravellerGaltraveller San Pablo City
    @superluckyclover @Xiaomau82 @mia:

Notification of refusal of application for a Visitor (class FA) Visitor (Tourist) (subclass
    600) visa
    I wish to advise you that the application for this visa has been refused for the following
    applicant
    Client Name
    Date of Birth
    The attached Decision Record provides more detailed information about this decision as it
    applies to this applicant.
    Review rights
    There is no right of merits review for this decision.
    Receiving this Letter
    As this letter was sent to you by email, you are taken to have received it at the end of the day
    it was transmitted.
    Questions about this decision
    The department cannot consider your visa application any further.

Visa Application charge
    The visa application charge which has already been paid can only be refunded in limited
    circumstances, regardless of the application outcome.
    Client service information
    We value your compliments, complaints and suggestions. Your compliments let us know
    where we are performing well and your complaints and suggestions help us improve the
    services we provide.
    Further information on our Client Service Charter and how to make a compliment, complaint
    or suggestion is available at www.border.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback
    Yours sincerely
    Department of Immigration and Border Protection

DECISION RECORD
    Application details
    Visa Class Visitor (class FA) Visitor (Tourist) (subclass
    600)
    Stream (main applicant only) Tourist
    Date of Visa Application
    Transaction Reference Number (TRN)
    Application ID
    File Number
    Visa Application Charge Receipt Number
    Client Name
    Date of Birth
    Client ID
    Visa Subclass Stream Tourist
    The applicant’s claims
    The applicant claims to travel to undertake a holiday as a genuine visitor to Australia and has
    submitted relevant supporting documents supporting this claim including information relating
    to the applicant’s personal and financial circumstances in the Philippines.
    Information and evidence considered
    I am a delegated decision maker under section 65 of the Migration Act 1958 (the Act). In
    reaching my decision, I have considered the following:
    ● Relevant legislation contained in the Act and Migration Regulations 1994 (the
    Regulations)
    ● Information contained in the department's policy guidelines Procedures Advice Manual
    3;
    Findings
    From all the information available to me, including the documents and information the
    applicant provided, I find that the criteria for the grant of a Visitor (Tourist) visa are not met
    by the applicant.
    Reasons
    I have assessed the application by the applicant and the reasons for my decision are detailed
    below.
    An application for a Visitor (Tourist) visa has been made by the applicant.
    Under the migration law, a visa cannot be granted unless the applicant meets the relevant
    legal requirements that are specified in the Act and the Regulations. Clause 600.211(c) has
    not been met by the applicant on the date I made my decision.
    This provision states that:
    600.211 The applicant genuinely intends to stay temporarily in Australia for the purpose for
    which the visa is granted, having regard to:
    (a) whether the applicant has complied substantially with the conditions to which the last
    substantive visa, or any subsequent bridging visa, held by the applicant was subject; and
    (b) whether the applicant intends to comply with the conditions to which the Subclass 600
    visa would be subject; and
    (c) any other relevant matter.
    Relevant considerations in deciding whether the applicant intends a genuine visit can include,
    but are not limited to, the following:
    Personal circumstances or other conditions in the applicant’s home country, that may
    encourage the applicant to remain in Australia, including:
    - the applicant’s economic situation - including unemployment or employment that, based on
    knowledge of local employment conditions, such as salary rates, would not constitute a strong
    incentive for the applicant to leave Australia;
    - the applicant’s personal ties to Australia, that is, does the applicant have more close family
    members living in Australia than in their home country;
    - military service commitments;
    - civil disruption, including war, lawlessness or political upheaval in the applicant’s home
    country; and
    - economic disruption, including shortages, famine, or high levels of unemployment, or
    natural disasters in the applicant’s home country.
    Whilst the applicant has supplied relevant information relating to their personal circumstances
    in the Philippines, the documentation supplied by the applicant has failed to demonstrate that
    the applicant has significant ties to the Philippines that would induce them to return home
    within the validity of their visa nor would it be reasonable for them to be away from the
    commitments and responsibilities that they have demonstrated for the purposes of a holiday.
    Therefore, I give no weight to asset ownership, business ties or cultural ties as evidence that
    the applicant intends a genuine visit to Australia and cannot consider these ties as factors that
    will induce the applicant to depart Australia within the validity of their visa.
  • GaltravellerGaltraveller San Pablo City
    @yameowguchi - reason for refusal as stated above. for reference ...
  • superluckycloversuperluckyclover Melbourne, VIC
    @Galtraveller Hi Galtraveller, thank you for the reference. Are there anything that can prove na may strong ties ka sa Pinas like you have properties, car or you got kids here or family members? I won't discourage you na magtry sa student visa kasi I guess, it's every CO's way of thinking or interpreting the intentions of the applicant. Lalo na sa SOP, wala dapat loophole na I want to stay in Aussie and work. Just say, many times na my intention is just study.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

261311 - Analyst Programmer | Age: 30 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Total: 80

Timeline:
    26 Oct 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Nov 2015 - The Eagle has landed
    02 Nov 2015 - First Day High
    15 Feb 2017 - Hubby and Bubba joined me in Melbourne
    01 Dec 2017 - Graduated Masters!
    21 Mar 2018 - Visa 485 Granted
    20 Feb 2019 - Sat NAATI CCL Exam in Adelaide
    21 Mar 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    23 Apr 2019 - Medicals Cleared - No actions required
    29 Apr 2019 - Submitted EOI for 189
    11 Jul 2019 - ITA received
    23 Jul 2019 - Lodged Visa 189! Speaking life over our PR application ♡
    04 Feb 2020 - CO Michael Contact (Asking for Evidence of NAATI CCL pass document, Status: Initial Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Responded to CO Contact, attached evidence of NAATI CCL documents (Status: Further Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Provided Compliment Feedback via DHA website
    06 Feb 2020 - Received Feedback Acknowledgement email from CO Sebastian
    06 Feb 2020 - Golden Visa Grant! PRAISE GOD!
    08 Apr 2022 - Received Citizenship Interview & Test Appointment letter
    27 Apr 2022 - Australian Citizenship by Conferral approved
    20 July 2022 - Australian Citizenship Oath Taking Whitehorse Council