Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Graduate Visa_ Graduate WORK STREAM_Adelaide Based

KrisQKrisQ Adelaide, Sout AustraliaPosts: 158Member
Hello, I just want to share my complicated and stressful situation.

This year, on August 31 will be my graduation sa course na MA in International Hospitality Management from Le Cordon Blue. Its a 2 year post-study program that started in 2016. In 2017, I applied for my husband and son's dependant visa and they have been living with me--yes, casual worker si husband while we pay for primary school ng son ko who is now 7 years old. I was also fortunate to find a job four months since I arrived in Adelaide( Nov. 2016) as a hotel waitress sa city and still do the job up to now.

However, hindi ko na-expect na mag-aassess pa ako ng skills ko.

Last month, I went to a migration agent--my migration agent located at Pierre St. in Adelaide to just ask about my next step and see if I can do direct PR application instead of grad.visa. Upon checking of my documents, we realised hindi rin ako pwede sa POST-STUDY stream kahit MASTERAL ang inaaral ko, kase I have been issued my first STUDENT VISA in 2009( may exception sa post study stream na 2011 onwards lang dapat first issued na degree), when I was single and studied my first MA sa Western Sydney University. So talagang Graduate work stream ang bagsak ko--meaning I have to be assessed as well, based sa occupations under MLTSSL.

Nag-check kame ni Aussie Agent, and found only one and not even closely related daw--MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT na occupation kase yung post qualifications ko ( sa current na degree inaaral ko or even sa dating degrees that are also MA but in public relations, and professional communication ).
I need to match my old job well kase the last 5 years daw assessment ng VET-ASSESS as dati I managed the family business-- a bakery as manager and I do almost everything there except bake! I did made some changes for the business..from converting records to digital datas, developing hiring,firing process including drafting employee contracts, checking compliance issues even implementing maintenance schedules of bakery equipment.
I think I can match the ANZCO description in a bakery setting naman, kase sabi ni Agent broad daw yung management consultant. hindi nakadetailed anong industry.

So eto worried and stressed so much sa mga what if... because we don't want to go home. if we get negative skills assessment daw, sabi ni Agent pwedeng still lodge graduate visa application, the confirmation na may assessment on going but not the negative result. and pag na-deny daw the visa, we appeal and during those time I will need to find a suitable job. Its like buying some time para sa amin.

If positive naman the results eh di yay. okay na. dahil super stressed ako, hirap akong mag-review ng PTE for my exam on the 18th. Last exam ko naman in 2016 I got 66. so parang hindi masyadong mahirap. sana lang wag baba dun yung next na result.

Meron na bang nag-try nyan or similar case dito? please let me know what happened and what you did.

Pathway to Student Dependent Visa 2017
April 5,2017- Submitted Dependent Child Application to Study
at International Education Services, Department for Education and Child Development
April 6,2017- Received Letter Offer for Enrolment of my Son
April 7,2017- Paid Tuition Fees and Upgraded Single Coverage insurance to Family Cover (from Allianz OSHC to BUPA OSHC Family Advantage
April 10,2017- Lodged Application online SubClass 500 Subsequent Entrant for Husband and Son and received HAP no. for medicals
April 11,2017- Immi Acknowledgement Email
April 12,2017- Medicals Done at Nationwide Makati
May 10,2017 - Student Dependants Visa Granted( Subsequent entrant)

• The dependant's visa are also issued by the same case officer who issued my student visa in 2016*
    May 18,2017 - Arrived in Adelaide =)

Pathway to Student Visa 2016
March 18,2016- Consulted and Submitted all documents to AECC Global Makati SVP 573
March 22,2016- Submitted application to Le Cordon Bleu Australia for Master in Int. Hospitality Management
March 24,2016- Hap No. received via ImmiAccount (for medicals)
March 30,2016- Offer Letter received from Le Cordon Bleu Australia
March 30,2016-Completed Medicals at Nationwide, Makati
April 4,2016- Paid Course Fee and OSHC
April 13,2016 - Schedule to take PTE Academic Exam at Makati
April 13,2016 - Received COE from Le Cordon Bleu Australia
April 15,2016- PTE Academic Results released (passed)
April 18,2016- AECC Global Makati lodge application at VFS
April 25,2016- VFS Global replied to email and sent VLN No. to use to track application
April 26,2016- Received Student Acknowledgment Letter from Australian Embassy c/o Glaiza
May 3,2016 - student Visa subclass 573 Svp Granted!(thank you,Lord!)
June 20,2016 - Flight to Adelaide, Australia

Comments

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    @KrisQ Wala akong experience sa case mo pero dun sa pagpapaassess mo as Management Consultant baka gusto mo rin magcheck sa expatforum. May thread dun para sa ganyang occupation and baka makatulong kung paano makakuha ng positive assessment. Parang may nabasa kasi ako dati dun na dapat may external clients para sa occupation na yan. Sayang rin kasi ang time kung magiging negative ang assessment dahil matagal lumabas results ng Vetassess.
  • KrisQKrisQ Adelaide, Sout Australia
    edited July 2018
    @maguero okay. thank you!
    pero na-confuse lang ako ng konti. kase sa VETAssess fact sheet kase may term na external. pero sa ANZCO code mismo wala eh.

I am actually risking this and focusing sa ANZCO and just trying to align the description with my work sa family biz.

In case kase negative, uuwi kame nian eh. tapos mag-try ng 190 application na. pero that would take 6 months(miracle yun) to more than a year to even get an invite kaya gusto namin graduate visa lang.

at International Education Services, Department for Education and Child Development
    April 7,2017- Paid Tuition Fees and Upgraded Single Coverage insurance to Family Cover (from Allianz OSHC to BUPA OSHC Family Advantage
    April 10,2017- Lodged Application online SubClass 500 Subsequent Entrant for Husband and Son and received HAP no. for medicals

• The dependant's visa are also issued by the same case officer who issued my student visa in 2016*

March 18,2016- Consulted and Submitted all documents to AECC Global Makati SVP 573
    March 22,2016- Submitted application to Le Cordon Bleu Australia for Master in Int. Hospitality Management
    April 25,2016- VFS Global replied to email and sent VLN No. to use to track application
    April 26,2016- Received Student Acknowledgment Letter from Australian Embassy c/o Glaiza

• hersheythegreathersheythegreat Philippines
    @KrisQ Hi ma'am any update sa status nyo? I'm planning po kasi to study sa LCB with the same program and hoping na it would lead to PR.

Master of International Hospitality Management

January 20, 2018 - IELTS Exam
    February 2, 2018 - Exam Results (L: 8 R: 7 W: 7 S: 8.5 OVERALL 7.5)
    October 22, 2018 - Sent Applications to ECU, LCB, & Griffith Uni
    November 1 - Received offer letter & scholarship from ECU
    November 8 - Received offer from Griffith University (w/ schoalrship
    November 19 - Received offer letter from Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide
    November 25 - Accepted ECU Offer
    December 3 - Paid for Tuition
    December 4 - Paid OSHC ($6k+)
    December 6 - Received COE
    January 7 - Lodged our Visa

• KrisQKrisQ Adelaide, Sout Australia
    @hersheythegreat as expected,negative yung qualifications assessment (degree as closely related to managemeng consultant). Hindi kase talaga sure if yung aaralin mo lalabas or hindi aalisin(bh the time matapos degree mo) sa skills list.If MASTER’s degree,after 2 years study pwede naman apply gradvisa pero 18mos lang valid yun—u have those months to find a full time job related to the degree na nasa skills list by the time matapos grad visa mo. So risk lahat. Basa ka pa ng path student to PR.