Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

My Journey to Become An Immigrant to Australia

ulysantosulysantos New South WalesPosts: 1Member
I just want to share my experience how did I managed to migrate and work in Australia.
I worked for almost 9 years as a budget analyst. I am happy with my past job and working environment but I still don't feel satisfied with it. I always wanted to work abroad. I tried searching jobs online for few days and then one time I saw this ad from messenger : "Australia needs Filipino Professionals". This ad brought me to Immigration Network Services -Dagupan Branch Facebook page. I sent a message to know how can I possibly work in Australia since I thought they're offering a job. I didn't read everything. I just clicked the ad. I didn't saw that they are offering seminar on how to get a visa. They asked for my number. I'm so curious about the ad so, I gave it. Somebody called me and discuss the details of the seminar. They told me that they are not a recruitment agency but a consultancy firm. They offer an immigrant visa in different countries in which it includes Australia. They asked some details about me like my age, what course did I finished and my work. I answered all of them and told me that I have a chance to get an immigrant visa. They told me to bring my resume, 2x2 picture and 1000 pesos for registration fee. After they told me about the 1000 pesos registration fee, I became suspicious. I asked her to sent me the exact location. They sent it to me after the call. Since the seminar will be held the next day, I just took the risk and went. If the office is in some isolated area or if anything happens that's a bit suspicious, I will not push it through. That's what I thought that time. When I arrived at the office, they ask me to fill up some form and then went to the next room and saw a lady they called as an immigration consultant. She asked questions about my job and some details about me. I feel like I'm in a job interview at that time. She asked me if I have relatives abroad which I don't have then, she proceeded and discussed the details about the visa. I saw nothing suspicious. Later on, I was guided to go to the next room to discuss the payment. A lady explained it to me and I was shocked how pricey it is. I said to myself, "It so expensive to get this visa." After discussion, she asked me if there's any question and I told her if there's any cheaper offer. She told me that she could give me a discount if I pay some amount and reserved a slot. She told me if I won't pay any amount for that day, there will be another chance to get the discount. I am a bit hesitant because it will cost me a lot but she told me that it is expensive since it is an immigrant application and some company will also have the same price. I am so eager to immigrate so I pursued it.That night, I cannot sleep and thinking if what I did was right. I searched their company and saw some negative comments about them. I went to their office to tell them what I read. They assured me that they are legit and they can process my visa. They're an expert to this because the company is almost 22 years. I tried trusting them since I saw a lot of visa grants in their wall so I just complied. To make the story short, after 1 year and 8 months of waiting they told me to come to their Makati office since my visa has been granted. I'm so elated that I don't need to take another IELTS exam since it is near to it expiry date. If the visa is denied, then I need to process it again and retake the IELTS. I went there and get my visa with full smile on my face. It was a joyful moment. I am a shy person (an introvert) but they requested to took a video of me telling how they process my visa application. I refused at first but was convinced to shoot it. I asked them to help me find a house to rent. Now, here I am in Australia. The first few weeks is not easy since I need to find a job and I need to adapt with the new environment. I met some kabayans in Sydney. I became acquainted to them and help me to find a job. Some of them already searching jobs online while working with their visa applications. How I wish I knew I could do that. With perseverance and help of our kababayans I got a job and now I am working in a company here in Sydney as an accounting staff. I am working my ass off to make money and help my siblings to migrate here. Also, I need to do my best because I am one of the candidates for promotion.
I just wanted to share my story here and also wanted to read the stories of some of our kababayans and their journey to Australia.

Comments

• fioning1120fioning1120 Pangasinan
    Hello. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. Tiga dagupan po ba kayo? I and my husband recently got our visa also so I can relate to this. Planning to move in Melbourne this end of June. We are both looking for work palang din po. Hopefully makahanap narin agad pag dating dun.