Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visa 186 Employer Nominated Questions

Hi all! This is my first post here :)

Anyway here is my scenario.

I am working offshore as a Creative Media Manager (Web Development) in an Melbourne based company since 2015. Now my boss is willing to sponsor me so we went ahead and started the process to get a Visa 186 - Employer Nominated Visa.

My occupation ICT Project Manager is not available in Visa 186 but we found out about this "Closely Related Occupation" so we go for the "Chief Information Officer" which is in the same group of ICT Project Manager. I went ahead and took my ACS skill assessment and I passed.

I am also exempted to the Labour Market Testing because of the ITO below:

"the worker you nominate is a current employee of a business that is an associated entity of your business and the associated entity is located in an Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) country (Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam), Canada, Chile, China, Japan, Mexico, South Korea or New Zealand"

Now next step is the nomination. My boss is currently filling up the form but told me we might have some problem:

1. We found out that the CIO is a position for a big company. And the company that will sponsor me is not that big having only less than employees. Most are contractors.

2. The salary required is around $170,000. I am originally an IT Project manager so that salary rate is too high as pero my boss which is I also know.

Need some advise on what to do. My boss wants to be sure about the application so we are both doing our research.

Should the nomination indicate that I am an CIO since it is the ACS assessment that I passed?

Is the company really required to pay me that salary even though I am really an ICT Project manager?

Thanks in advance for those who can help.

Comments

• SAP_ConsultantSAP_Consultant Australia

Hey mate, I'm not sure if it was a good idea that you went through the route of CIO. That position is an equivalent of a CEO, COO, C-suite levels. Hence, the salary requirement is too high. Nominating you for that position will require an employment contract that proves you are receiving $170K (hope you know what I'm implying here). You might have gotten away with ACS based on your responsibilities provided in the employment cert but don't play around with immigration and ATO. I guess, it would be best to consult a migration agent given your predicament. All the best!

• jamesgarciajamesgarcia Posts: 3Member

Thanks you sir! Pwede po kaya inegotiate ng company yung salary?

• LovellaEllenLovellaEllen QLD, Australia
    edited April 2020

@jamesgarcia Meron kasing standard brackets yung salary depending sa position so I doubt they could even negotiate with Immigration/ATO especially CIO yung assessment mo. Like @SAP_Consultant said, its best to consult a migration agent.. How about check whether ICT Project manager is available for 482 VISA.. If yes then go for it, just obtain PR later on using different VISAs.. But I'm not sure if it's still possible to do ACS re-assessment though..

ANZSCO Code: 254423 | Age : 25 , Education: 15, Experience: 15, OET: 10| 65 Points
    July 2017 - Passed OET
    Oct 2018 - Completed Bridging Program at ACN
    Nov-Dec 2018 - Completed AHPRA Registration, ANMAC Assessment and Job Offer
    Jan 2019 - Submitted EOI for VISA190 (QLD, offshore) and Applied for TSS (482) VISA
    Feb 2019 - TSS VISA Approved and received ITA for 190 (QLD)
    March 2019 - Lodged 190 (QLD) VISA application offshore
    April 2019 - Started work in QLD via TSS (482) VISA
    Oct 2019 - 190 (QLD) granted - Thank you Lord and everyone in the forum!

• jamesgarciajamesgarcia Posts: 3Member

Thank you po mam. May marerecommend po ba kayo na migration agent? Thanks

• LovellaEllenLovellaEllen QLD, Australia
    edited April 2020

@jamesgarcia Sorry wala.. Employer/HR mo dapat gumagawa nyan..

ANZSCO Code: 254423 | Age : 25 , Education: 15, Experience: 15, OET: 10| 65 Points
    July 2017 - Passed OET
    Oct 2018 - Completed Bridging Program at ACN
    Nov-Dec 2018 - Completed AHPRA Registration, ANMAC Assessment and Job Offer
    Jan 2019 - Submitted EOI for VISA190 (QLD, offshore) and Applied for TSS (482) VISA
    Feb 2019 - TSS VISA Approved and received ITA for 190 (QLD)
    March 2019 - Lodged 190 (QLD) VISA application offshore
    April 2019 - Started work in QLD via TSS (482) VISA
    Oct 2019 - 190 (QLD) granted - Thank you Lord and everyone in the forum!

• CivilEngineer233211CivilEngineer233211 Posts: 1Member

Hi
    I am civil Engineer working offshore. I got my Engineers Australia assessment done positive. I am looking for employer to nominate me for 186DE. How can I get it. please suggest... Thanks

• cms0911cms0911 Posts: 43Member

Hi @jamesgarcia kamusta yung application mo for 186DE? Have you finalized what position or job group will you take? Have you also found a friendly and affordable migration agent? I am also applying for 186DE Accounting position nman. Diko lang sure kung gaano kahirap ung sa LMT, buti exempted kana dun.