Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

New Philippine Passports for Permanent Resident Visa Holders

giraffe1giraffe1 Posts: 3Member
edited August 2012 in Other Info Bout OZ
Hi

Would like to know if we need to get new visa stickers for our new philippine passports? If so, how do we go about this and what are the timelines. We are currently still in the Philippines

Thanks in advance

Comments

• aussieaussie Posts: 3Member
    hi giraffel,

Do u mean yung maroon yun b ang bagong passport?

no need to have sticker in your old green passport.. If I were you, renew your passport from green old passport to new maroon passport..., while you are in the philippines.

Based on my experience, when I was in Australia I still had green old passport but my passport expired 7 months before our departure to the philippines, so i thought i renew it sa new passport, but the prob was kylangan ng personal appeal to renew the new passport, eh malayo kc mgbiyahe,ginawa nila they suggested na renew k nlng ng green passport,but before I go back to australia,kukuha ako ng new passort.kc mahirap pg nasa ibang bansa ka tapus malayo ung embassy...
    hope it will help..
  • giraffe1giraffe1 Posts: 3Member
    hi

to clarify, our permanent resident visa stickers are in our expired passports. i understand that we're supposed to advise DIAC using form 929 and send to the nearest office of the department (so i guess that's the australian embassy in makati).

i am enquiring on:
    1. what will happen after we submit the form. will they provide us new stickers for our new passports?
    2. if #1 is correct, how long does this take place?

thanks
  • aussie2xaussie2x Quezon City
    Hi,

ai sowe, I misunderstood...
    Its the same case of mine when I were in Australia,yung visa stickers din nasa expired passport...
    Ginawa ko lng I went to the nearest DIAC in Australia,binigay ko sa kanila yung new passport ko,at expired passport, nilagyan nila ng stickers on that the same time yung new passport ko,I did not fill up the forms or anything..
    So, in your case maybe about the same, except sending the forms to the DIAC..

Payo ko lang ha, If I were u,Just go to DIAC Autralian Embassy mas madali and less hassle..

Dont forget to bring your:

1.New and expired passport
    2.marriage Cert Authenticated (if you are married with australian) if not, bring any kind of evidence to show them

yan lng nmn kasi hinanap sa akin, sa Australia yun ha..
    for sure the same din dito.
  • julienmalubagjulienmalubag Posts: 26Member
    my husband is scheduled to renew his passport this March 4 but we're planning to have our visa labeled sa passport namin this Friday (February 18) kasi ang actual expiration pa naman ng passport nya is April 19..would that be okay? and if ever his passport would be labeled on February 18, would the sticker be carried forward upon renewal of his passport?
    @giraffe1 we had our visa evidencing last Feb 18 at tinanong ko sa embassy yung new stickers sa new passport. they told me na di na raw nila lalagyan ulit ng new sticker ang bagong passport. they advised us na dalhin na lang daw lagi ung old at new passport with you. wala na daw kasi ngaun ang label transfer eh. basta i-notify na lang daw DIAC through Form 929, then i-send sa kanila (to the office where you had you visa evidencing) ung photo copy ng bio-page ng old at new passport at ung visa label din.
    our green passport is to expire on July 2012 and we plan to go to oz on September 2011. i'm thinking i-renew na lang passports namin dito sa philippines into a maroon one before leaving kasi balita ko medyo mahirap at costly ang renewal jan. ano sa tingin nyo, okay lang po ba un? thanks!
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    @julienmalubag i think maganda nga sa pinas kung time will permit. mas mura talaga sa pinas :) i did the same for my passport, dito kasi sa SG matagal rin ang process. daming tao ng rerenew.

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

@aolee ok. i'll follow your suggestion. thanks!