Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Temporary visas

RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,701Member, Administrator, Moderator

This is a classic example why to opt for a GSM visa vs working or student visa - as long as you are on a temporary visa in Australia, you are not immune to policy changes and can find yourself packing your bag to go back home. Faster route doesn’t always mean the best way to migrate to Australia.

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/5b8a26a0-7cbb-4ac5-ac46-29a9231efa34

caspersushi24

Comments

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    This is a classic example why to opt for a GSM visa vs working or student visa - as long as you are on a temporary visa in Australia, you are not immune to policy changes and can find yourself packing your bag to go back home. Faster route doesn’t always mean the best way to migrate to Australia.

I saw this in last night's news. Very sad. I'm wondering though why he never applied for a state sponsored visa. SA would've likely sponsored him.

You're right though. The problem with temporary visas is that no one knows what will happen one year or so down the road. Policies can change, your employer can go broke or you might not get along with them, etc. I've heard of people who were on student visas for 10 or so years. Sayang yung work experience that they could've gotten working full time in their home country.

Kailangan talaga pag-isipan bakit mas importante makarating dito kaagad vs makarating dito on a more secure visa.

era222
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,701Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited June 2022

@maguero said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

I saw this in last night's news. Very sad. I'm wondering though why he never applied for a state sponsored visa. SA would've likely sponsored him.

You're right though. The problem with temporary visas is that no one knows what will happen one year or so down the road. Policies can change, your employer can go broke or you might not get along with them, etc. I've heard of people who were on student visas for 10 or so years. Sayang yung work experience that they could've gotten working full time in their home country.

Kailangan talaga pag-isipan bakit mas importante makarating dito kaagad vs makarating dito on a more secure visa.

Two things, either he got the wrong advice likely from non professional or he did his own research and thought he was doing the right thing.

Yes, that’s always the advice I tell people about the risks of fast tracking things. Best is to get the right advice. Don’t take things into your own hands.

• anacafanacaf Posts: 52Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@maguero said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Two things, either he got the wrong advice likely from non professional or he did his own research and thought he was doing the right thing.

Yes, that’s always the advice I tell people about the risks of fast tracking things. Best is to get the right advice. Don’t take things into your own hands.

Is 491 visa po temporary visa or GSM visa po? Actually nung nagpamedical ako ng st lukes, permanent visa ang category nya and same fees with 189/190.

Capuccino_2017