Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

House and Job Hunting

dream.BIGdream.BIG PhilippinesPosts: 157Member

Hello everyone, any tips on house hunting and job hunting? Would it be possible to get hired while offshore?

era222ispidprikmikelle

Comments

• xiaolicoxiaolico Australia

@dream.BIG said:
    Hello everyone, any tips on house hunting and job hunting? Would it be possible to get hired while offshore?

This was five years ago siguro. I tried to look for a job before ako lumipat ng au. I was never lucky. Parang ang hirap, I think lahat ng opening na nag apply ako was asking for a number and an address. But I think may mga naka gawa nito.

Regarding yung house, hard to get a place to rent ng wala ka pang payslips. So nung kami, nakitira muna kami. When we were able to secure a job and meron na kami I think it was 2 o 3 full cycle ng payslips, madali na ma-approve ng place to rent.

MACINOZ2023yhsoqueera222

Computer Network and Systems Engineer - 263111
    Age 33-39- 25points
    English superior- 20points
    Bachelor's Degree- 15points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

July 25, 2016- Lodged ACS
    August 2, 2016- Favorable letter from ACS
    January 10, 2017- Took PTE
    January 12, 2017- PTE exam results (L90 R86 S90 W79)
    January 12, 2017- EOI
    January 18, 2017- ITA received
    January 19, 2017- NBI (hit)
    January 23, 2017- Visa Lodge 189
    January 24, 2017- Medical bgc
    January 27, 2017- NBI clearance received
    February 2, 2017- Medical cleared (no action required)
    February 15, 2017- Grant
    October 26, 2017- Flight to Melbourne
    October 27, 2017- Landed in Melbourne
    July 14, 2018- Moved to Sydney
    October 11, 2019- Wife gave birth to a baby boy
    October 20, 2019- Applied for baby's birth certificate online
    October 23, 2019- Baby boy's birth certificate received
    October 25, 2019- Applied for baby's medicare
    October 31, 2019- Baby's medicare activated
    October 31, 2019- Applied for baby's citizenship certificate
    November 7, 2019- Received baby's citizenship certificate
    November 13, 2019- Applied for baby's passport
    November 20, 2019- Baby's AU passport received
    November 2, 2021- Submitted AU citizenship application for myself and my wife
    April 14, 2022- Received Interview with Standard Test letter. May 25 schedule.
    May 25, 2022- Passed the Australian Citizenship Test
    May 25, 2022- Citizenship Approval Received
    September 15, 2022- Invitation to Citizenship Ceremony Received
    October 6, 2022- Citizenship Ceremony
    October 18, 2022- AU passport application lodged
    November 7, 2022- Passport received

• dream.BIGdream.BIG Philippines

@xiaolico said:

@dream.BIG said:

This was five years ago siguro. I tried to look for a job before ako lumipat ng au. I was never lucky. Parang ang hirap, I think lahat ng opening na nag apply ako was asking for a number and an address. But I think may mga naka gawa nito.

Regarding yung house, hard to get a place to rent ng wala ka pang payslips. So nung kami, nakitira muna kami. When we were able to secure a job and meron na kami I think it was 2 o 3 full cycle ng payslips, madali na ma-approve ng place to rent.

Thank you po for the response. I have tried applying offshore, mukang they're not interested to offshore applicants nga.

• xiaolicoxiaolico Australia

@dream.BIG said:

@xiaolico said:

@dream.BIG said:

Thank you po for the response. I have tried applying offshore, mukang they're not interested to offshore applicants nga.

Pero siguro, tuloy mo lang. Nung time ko kasi, wala pang zoom or microsoft teams interview or calls. So I guess ang hirap nga nama nun, paano sila mag set ng interview sa akin. Skype pa lang nun, kaso bihira naman gumagamit nun.

kidfrompolomolok

Computer Network and Systems Engineer - 263111
    Age 33-39- 25points
    English superior- 20points
    Bachelor's Degree- 15points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

July 25, 2016- Lodged ACS
    August 2, 2016- Favorable letter from ACS
    January 10, 2017- Took PTE
    January 12, 2017- PTE exam results (L90 R86 S90 W79)
    January 12, 2017- EOI
    January 18, 2017- ITA received
    January 19, 2017- NBI (hit)
    January 23, 2017- Visa Lodge 189
    January 24, 2017- Medical bgc
    January 27, 2017- NBI clearance received
    February 2, 2017- Medical cleared (no action required)
    February 15, 2017- Grant
    October 26, 2017- Flight to Melbourne
    October 27, 2017- Landed in Melbourne
    July 14, 2018- Moved to Sydney
    October 11, 2019- Wife gave birth to a baby boy
    October 20, 2019- Applied for baby's birth certificate online
    October 23, 2019- Baby boy's birth certificate received
    October 25, 2019- Applied for baby's medicare
    October 31, 2019- Baby's medicare activated
    October 31, 2019- Applied for baby's citizenship certificate
    November 7, 2019- Received baby's citizenship certificate
    November 13, 2019- Applied for baby's passport
    November 20, 2019- Baby's AU passport received
    November 2, 2021- Submitted AU citizenship application for myself and my wife
    April 14, 2022- Received Interview with Standard Test letter. May 25 schedule.
    May 25, 2022- Passed the Australian Citizenship Test
    May 25, 2022- Citizenship Approval Received
    September 15, 2022- Invitation to Citizenship Ceremony Received
    October 6, 2022- Citizenship Ceremony
    October 18, 2022- AU passport application lodged
    November 7, 2022- Passport received

• ispidprikispidprik Posts: 143Member

@dream.BIG said:

I think its possible to get a job offshore but you have to tell them when you’re coming and status. As for renting its a challenge to do this offshore. Kasi yung onshore mismo hirap dn mghanap but this may vary on the location you’re targeting to settle. Pero for major cities mejo long shot ito. Be careful of scammers on FB sad to say meron dn mga Pilipino na ngsscam ng mga kapwa.

• DreamerGDreamerG Posts: 269Member

@ispidprik said:

@dream.BIG said:

I think its possible to get a job offshore but you have to tell them when you’re coming and status. As for renting its a challenge to do this offshore. Kasi yung onshore mismo hirap dn mghanap but this may vary on the location you’re targeting to settle. Pero for major cities mejo long shot ito. Be careful of scammers on FB sad to say meron dn mga Pilipino na ngsscam ng mga kapwa.

Applicable kaya pong kumuha ng atleast "Letter of good tenant" sa mga naupahan na bahay? Just to show of capability magbayad? but yun nga po if makakuha ng work while waiting sa Big Move, meron po kaya naka experience nito before mag BG? Salamat

EOI: Nov 2021
    ROI: Aug 2022
    Patiently waiting for Gods' perfect timing

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@DreamerG Okay lang naman to get that letter pero IMO mas importante na makausap mo yung former landlords mo to ask them to be your references once you start applying for a rental in AU. You will be asked for several types of references when you apply, including previous landlords. They will be contacted via a call or e-mail & requested to answer some questions about you as a tenant.

Additionally, requirement dito na mainspect mo yung apartment or house bago ka ma-consider. If you are still offshore you can ask someone to inspect it on your behalf.

I agree with the above comment. Mag-iingat sa mga posts in FB na nag-ooffer ng rental. Requirement dito na mainspect ang unit bago ma-rent so if a prospective landlord is telling you otherwise, baka scam na yan. Meron din rules about the amount of bond & advance payment that you need to give to secure a rental. You can check the specific rules for your state. Kung hindi aligned sa rules ang offer sa iyo, mag-ingat na sa kausap.

era222
  • ispidprikispidprik Posts: 143Member

@DreamerG said:

@ispidprik said:

@dream.BIG said:

Applicable kaya pong kumuha ng atleast "Letter of good tenant" sa mga naupahan na bahay? Just to show of capability magbayad? but yun nga po if makakuha ng work while waiting sa Big Move, meron po kaya naka experience nito before mag BG? Salamat

Im not sure though pero mdming hinihingi na docs for house rental. Sabi nila 3 payslips (au work), reference letter from previous landlord (preferrably au), even work/colleague/superior referral need dn on some cases and billing bearing your previous address sa au. Usually mga onshore docs hinihingi kaya i don’t know if offshore docs would suffice. Usually based sa research ko mejo mas madali mkakuha ng room rent (house share) than mga apartment, flats or house. But i maybe wrong and case to case basis dn.

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@DreamerG said:

I doubt landlords would bother calling overseas references (even Australian employers don't). I would recommend staying in short-term rentals for a few months (Airbnb, room-share/flat-sharing) to establish your local tenancy history, as they don't require much documentation. Then pag may work ka na and tenancy history, saka ka mag-apply for a lease na nakapangalan sayo.

In my case, rooming accommodation lang ako, pero nagtanong sila about my employment, asked for local references, hinanapan ako ng recent bank statement, and pina-sign ako ng letter na my parent/s will act as my financial guarantor, even though I'm over 18 years old. The housing agent wanted to ensure that I can really afford to pay my rent.

I agree with @maguero na mag-inspect ka ng property in-person, iba pa rin ang experience kapag online and in-person. Peace of mind rin on your end, na at least sigurado ka talaga kung gusto mo yung location or property before you move in. I'm not sure if property inspection is mandatory, but it's highly recommended, and makikita/marereport mo yung conditions ng bahay before you occupy. If may damage sa bahay na hindi mo na-report at the start of your tenancy, baka ma-kaltas sa bond mo yung cost to repair ng damage. Some details hindi mo makikita unless you are there in person.

jinigirlispidprik

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@athelene said:

@DreamerG said:

I doubt landlords would bother calling overseas references (even Australian employers don't). I would recommend staying in short-term rentals for a few months (Airbnb, room-share/flat-sharing) to establish your local tenancy history, as they don't require much documentation. Then pag may work ka na and tenancy history, saka ka mag-apply for a lease na nakapangalan sayo.

In my case, rooming accommodation lang ako, pero nagtanong sila about my employment, asked for local references, hinanapan ako ng recent bank statement, and pina-sign ako ng letter na my parent/s will act as my financial guarantor, even though I'm over 18 years old. The housing agent wanted to ensure that I can really afford to pay my rent.

I agree with @maguero na mag-inspect ka ng property in-person, iba pa rin ang experience kapag online and in-person. Peace of mind rin on your end, na at least sigurado ka talaga kung gusto mo yung location or property before you move in. I'm not sure if property inspection is mandatory, but it's highly recommended, and makikita/marereport mo yung conditions ng bahay before you occupy. If may damage sa bahay na hindi mo na-report at the start of your tenancy, baka ma-kaltas sa bond mo yung cost to repair ng damage. Some details hindi mo makikita unless you are there in person.

Just to clarify. For my first job I gave overseas work references and they were contacted via e-mail. For rental inspections, applications generally ask if you have inspected the property or booked an inspection. If you say No, you will end up with a quick rejection. These are for SA. The rules might be different for other states.

ispidprik
  • millessamillessa Posts: 7Member

mahirap po ba makahanap kahit room for rent sa melbourne?? now po kz nasa Pinas pa husband q pero requirments po ng employer ung matutuluyan nya.paglapag nya ng eroplano,,visa process na po kz sya