Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Questions regarding my relocation to Manila.

ilyjohncomasilyjohncomas AdelaidePosts: 4Member
edited February 2013 in Other Migration Topic
I'm planning to move back to the Philippines after living in Australia for 8 years. I was born in the Philippines but my aussie stepdad brought me and my filippino mother to Australia and gave us citizenship. I wish to use the balikbayan privilege and once im in manila, i will apply to regain my filippino citizenship in the BOI. Is this possible? The only thing disturbing me is the fact that my birth certificate has a different last name to my aussie passport, will this be a problem? do i need to provide extra documents? oh and i dont want a duel citz. because i dont plan on returning to australia.

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I'm planning to move back to the Philippines after living in Australia for 8 years. I was born in the Philippines but my aussie stepdad brought me and my filippino mother to Australia and gave us citizenship. I wish to use the balikbayan privilege and once im in manila, i will apply to regain my filippino citizenship in the BOI. Is this possible? The only thing disturbing me is the fact that my birth certificate has a different last name to my aussie passport, will this be a problem? do i need to provide extra documents? oh and i dont want a duel citz. because i dont plan on returning to australia.
    hi just inquire to http://philembassy.org.au/ click contact us.

My advise is apply dual citizenship first then decide after a year or more living in the philippines.

Its not easy to find job in the philippines but you can apply in call centre company coz

your first language is english.

Goodluck and God bless

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    Suggest you don't dispose eligibility of your AU passport; believe me, a lot would die to be in your position... Ehehehe!! :)

Dual nalang if you ask me...

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

• Pinoy_vegemitePinoy_vegemite Sydney
    edited February 2013
    You have to be a citizen of another country first before you can renounce your Australian Citizenship. Therefore, there is no other way to go but apply for Dual Citizenship first.

Excerpt from http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/give_up/

"Australian citizens aged 18 or over can apply to renounce their Australian citizenship.

Australia is a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. No application to renounce Australian citizenship will be approved unless there is evidence that the applicant is a citizen of another country, or on renunciation will acquire the citizenship of another country."

I strongly suggest though that you give yourself enough time before deciding to renounce your Aussie citizenship for good. That way, you always have a fall back just in case things do not go as planned back in our homeland.

Honestly, I do not understand why you have to renounce your Aussie citizenship. It is not like you would be required to return to Australia every certain period of time to continually keep it, at least based on what I have read. If you do not plan on going back to Australia, having an Australian citizenship should not be an issue if you are a Dual Citizen.

Just my two cents.
    edited February 2013
    Maybe your age is 20-22 years old. You dont have to decide very quickly. Better to think 5,000 times after moving in the Philippines.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM

"To God be the glory"

• gacoquiagacoquia Balanga
    You may or you may not answer this question, but why would you want to go back to manila? how old/young are you? :)

Feb 20,2013 Submitted ACS online assesment - System Administrator
    Feb 22, 2013 ACS Status - Stage 4

• Khaosan_RoadKhaosan_Road Melbourne
    showbusiness? hehehe peace! :D

Analyst Programmer (ANZSCO Code 261311)
    11-05-11: IELTS Exam Result (L-6.5, R-8.5, W-7, S-8)
    11-28-12: Submitted requirements to ACS
    01-08-13: ACS Suitable
    01-08-13: Submitted EOI
    01-21-13: Received invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189)
    02-06-13: Lodged visa application
    02-06-13: Performed Medical exam
    03-22-13: CO Allocated (Team 06 GSM Adelaide, JH)
    03-27-13: Submitted PH Police Clearance, Form 80
    04-26-13: Submitted MY and TH Police Clearance, payslips
    05-13-13: VISA GRANT!
    10-29-13: Initial Entry (Melbourne)

edited February 2013
    showbusiness? hehehe peace! :D
    malamang puede.... :D just kidding... cheers

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

• arlene5781arlene5781 North Ryde
    Deducted po ba yung subsidized trainings sa ceepeeeff kapag nag withdraw?

Occupation - 263111 (Computer Network and Systems
    Engineer)

5 April 2012-ACS Submitted
    14 May 2012-ACS Positive
    25 May 2013-Finally IELTS all band 6 na, maraming salamat po Lord
    18 June 2013- EOI Lodge
    5 Aug 2013 - Invited
    6 Aug 2013 - Lodged Visa 189 thank you so much Lord!
    14 Aug 2013 - Applied NBI
    26 Sep 2013 - CO Allocated (GSM Brisbane Team 33)
    walang sawa pagpapasalamat oh Lord
    30 Sep 2013 - Medical and PCC
    1 Oct 2013 - NBI uploaded
    4 Oct 2013 - Medical uploaded
    7 Oct 2013 - No further medical required
    21 Oct 2013 - SGCOC Collection/Uploaded
    25 Oct 2013 - VISA GRANT! Salamat po Lord!
    26 May 2014 - Sydney Arrival
    2 Oct 2014 - IED

God indeed has a perfect timing

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    Old thread if ever anybody wants to go back to PH all I can say is big GOOD LUCK !!!

Google for Everything !!!

• TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    Old thread if ever anybody wants to go back to PH all I can say is big GOOD LUCK !!!
    Korek!! Walang pag-asa sa Pinas...

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!