Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Migration Agent/Agency experiences

Kindly share your experiences nyo with your migration agent/agency nyo good or bad. 😎😎😎

Comments

• ispidprikispidprik Posts: 143Member

This discussion aims to educate people on what to expect, what to ask and also help them to avoid fake agents.

mathilde9

Feel free to share your exp if you’re afraid to name names pde nman wag na idisclose 🤣🤣🤣 just share the exp na lng. 🤣🤣🤣

• mathilde9mathilde9 Singapore

Sa dami ng kelangan i-produce na documents, i-track na applications, i-research na state/migration updates, for me it's overwhelming to DIY this alongside our day jobs.

May time na I chose an agent to do it on my behalf, para less worry on my part. Ang ending nakadagdag pa sa stress. Since my experience with them was not pleasant (accuracy wise and being straightforward), and ending fault ko pa that I backed out because I started to doubt their capabilities? I don't know the word honestly. I definitely didn't get value for the money I paid for. Anyway, pera lang yun babalik din.

Kung hindi complicated ang case, DIY nalang talaga. Sabi nga, at least pag may mistakes, sarili mo lang sisisihin mo.

I would want to understand them (agents) that they work on a volume of aspiring migrant applications, doon sila kumikita eh. But to justify some repetitive mistakes, ehrm no. We pay and we do not sign up for such kind of service. Walang perfect, but you couldn't be too proud to admit mistakes.

irl031816_sebodemachofmp_921kidfrompolomoloktrafalgarsamisumi20lunarcatispidpriksoufflecakeMACINOZ2023

Total Points ~~ 189: 85pts | 190: 90pts | 491: 100pts
    Points Breakdown:
    Age:25 | English:20 | Employment:15 | Education:15 | Single:10
    Been to Australia a few times and I just wanted to settle there. "I belong here" ganon.
    ~~~~
    10 2021 - Research about AU migration; read a lot of related articles; consulted with agent for initial assessment. Decided to DIY.
    11 2021 - PTE (Proficient)
    11 2021 - Suitable ACS Skills Assessment received (8+ years suitable, 5weeks 4days TAT)
    ~~~~
    01 2022 - EOIs submitted (matumal and slight hiatus since na-busy sa ibang bagay)
    ~~~~
    09 2023 - PTE retake (Superior)
    09 2023 - Updated EOIs to reflect +10pts on English Test
    11 2023 - ACS Assessment expired T_T (but already prepared for re-assessment a few weeks before)
    11 2023 - ACS deemed my skills unsuitable because of missing documents. Nilaban ko.
    12 2023 - Suitable ACS Skills reassessment (8+ years) after 1month of review and pangungulit (no fee incurred, fault nila)
    12 2023 - Some EOIs expired T_T
    12 2023 - New EOIs submitted (NSW, VIC, ACT, and 189)
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Booked NAATI Exam (desperate to max out point for a chance of invite)
    02 2024 - Received NSW 190 pre-invite!! ✩₊˚ (tears of joy, TYL! ). Cancelled NAATI test at 75% refund.
    02 2024 - Final NSW ITA received after 1 business day ✩₊˚
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement
    02 2024 - Medicals. Cleared after 1 business day @ SATA AMK
    02 2024 - Singapore Police Clearance. Completed/claimed after 6 business days
    _ _ 2024 - ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧** Visa Grant! **✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

@mathilde9 said:
    Sa dami ng kelangan i-produce na documents, i-track na applications, i-research na state/migration updates, for me it's overwhelming to DIY this alongside our day jobs.

May time na I chose an agent to do it on my behalf, para less worry on my part. Ang ending nakadagdag pa sa stress. Since my experience with them was not pleasant (accuracy wise and being straightforward), and ending fault ko pa that I backed out because I started to doubt their capabilities? I don't know the word honestly. I definitely didn't get value for the money I paid for. Anyway, pera lang yun babalik din.

Kung hindi complicated ang case, DIY nalang talaga. Sabi nga, at least pag may mistakes, sarili mo lang sisisihin mo.

I would want to understand them (agents) that they work on a volume of aspiring migrant applications, doon sila kumikita eh. But to justify some repetitive mistakes, ehrm no. We pay and we do not sign up for such kind of service. Walang perfect, but you couldn't be too proud to admit mistakes.

Yup true yan. Fortunately i didn’t encounter such issue with our agent. Thou may delays on reverting to us but within the timeframe nman sila ng promised response time. Mabilis nman sila sa pagreply and guide sa amin during the “crucial” stages. Exert due diligence dn talaga if you’re engaging an agent. Same reason as yours we did get an agent for our case straight forward dn nman kmi kaso we can’t do it alongside our daily wroks. I looked on several agents before settling with ours. Also availed these agents free consultations to somehow gauge their knowledge/expertise atleast to test kahit papaano. But settled with my colleagues recommendation who are now onshore. Also, i asked my colleagues experiences and what to expect which was helpful in managing my expectations. We usually do everything via email and we get to talk and chat via viber for urgent matters. Ndi ko nman inabuse un viber chat unless its super impt so for normal follow ups and inquiries email lang dn. We’re glad that we’ve been lucky enough to be done with most of the work but andito na kmi sa nkakainip na part un mag-antay ng grant.

😊😊😊😊

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

I have been with our agent since 2018

Pros:
    -You have a pool of experience and knowledge you can depend on ,trabaho na din naman nila since the beginning yan when i have doubts or other perspective i choose to respect yung advice (basta meron sila strategy in terms of EOI lodgment na not a common practice for DIY)
    - Assurance na in order yung documentations kasi sila naman din mahihirapan if mali mga paper trails so masasabi ko may due diligence sila sa trabaho nila
    - Sa tagal ko sa kanila dahil na rin sa di rin ako bumitaw kaya they kept to their promise and support di nila ko binitawan although ang maganda sa kanila they don’t sugar coat

Cons:
    -Dahil sa tagal ko na din naghihintay mainvite and follow up sometimes i felt gusto ko na magback out kasi wala sila follow up during the very dry season (covid period) i think is understandable na ngayon.

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023 : results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023 : Medicals completed
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• soufflecakesoufflecake Posts: 19Member

Anybody here can suggest what can I do with my agency?

I really want to back out but I already signed a contract with them. They're really not much of help, para lang din ako nag d-DIY. Wala din silang initiative to ask me the status of my application (also, ako pinagawa nila lahat ng EOI application- nag instruct lang sila papaano gagawin). Sila pa naman yung agency na napakaingay on social media platforms, you might probably already have an idea anong agency 'to. Sa una, napaka enthusiastic nila but once na nagbayad ka na, client na mismo mag fofollow up ano next status, lol. For them to reply, it will take hours/days. Yung totoo?

Now that I am waiting for an invite, I really want to prepare the documents for visa pero wala silang advice ano dapat iprepare. Literal NGANGA. Can't believe I'm paying for this kind of service. :/

mathilde9fmp_921kidfrompolomolok
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,696Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited January 31

@soufflecake said:

I really want to back out but I already signed a contract with them. They're really not much of help, para lang din ako nag d-DIY. Wala din silang initiative to ask me the status of my application (also, ako pinagawa nila lahat ng EOI application- nag instruct lang sila papaano gagawin). Sila pa naman yung agency na napakaingay on social media platforms, you might probably already have an idea anong agency 'to. Sa una, napaka enthusiastic nila but once na nagbayad ka na, client na mismo mag fofollow up ano next status, lol. For them to reply, it will take hours/days. Yung totoo?

Now that I am waiting for an invite, I really want to prepare the documents for visa pero wala silang advice ano dapat iprepare. Literal NGANGA. Can't believe I'm paying for this kind of service. :/

You can always terminate. Have a look at your contract. Just to put perspective at EOI stage…if an agent is handling a case, it’s to the client’s and their (our) best interest to lodge the EOI on the clients behalf as we remain the point of contact. It’s understandable initially at skill assessment stage the client does the document gathering with the guidance if the agent…but when it come the EOI lodgement, it is much simpler if the agent takes control of the lodgement. Once lodgement is done, to be honest there is not much to prepare for the time being as most of the documents to be used have been gathered already duRing skills assessment stage. Upon invite, you just have to revise current employment. This isn’t something you can do prior since you don’t know when you’ll get invited. All you have to do at this stage is wait. Hope this puts your mind at ease :)

soufflecake
  • charlenecabilingcharlenecabiling Posts: 2Member

@ispidprik said:

@mathilde9 said:

Yup true yan. Fortunately i didn’t encounter such issue with our agent. Thou may delays on reverting to us but within the timeframe nman sila ng promised response time. Mabilis nman sila sa pagreply and guide sa amin during the “crucial” stages. Exert due diligence dn talaga if you’re engaging an agent. Same reason as yours we did get an agent for our case straight forward dn nman kmi kaso we can’t do it alongside our daily wroks. I looked on several agents before settling with ours. Also availed these agents free consultations to somehow gauge their knowledge/expertise atleast to test kahit papaano. But settled with my colleagues recommendation who are now onshore. Also, i asked my colleagues experiences and what to expect which was helpful in managing my expectations. We usually do everything via email and we get to talk and chat via viber for urgent matters. Ndi ko nman inabuse un viber chat unless its super impt so for normal follow ups and inquiries email lang dn. We’re glad that we’ve been lucky enough to be done with most of the work but andito na kmi sa nkakainip na part un mag-antay ng grant.

hi. can i send you a message?

• charlenecabilingcharlenecabiling Posts: 2Member

@Ozdrims said:

Pros:
    -You have a pool of experience and knowledge you can depend on ,trabaho na din naman nila since the beginning yan when i have doubts or other perspective i choose to respect yung advice (basta meron sila strategy in terms of EOI lodgment na not a common practice for DIY)
    - Assurance na in order yung documentations kasi sila naman din mahihirapan if mali mga paper trails so masasabi ko may due diligence sila sa trabaho nila
    - Sa tagal ko sa kanila dahil na rin sa di rin ako bumitaw kaya they kept to their promise and support di nila ko binitawan although ang maganda sa kanila they don’t sugar coat

Cons:
    -Dahil sa tagal ko na din naghihintay mainvite and follow up sometimes i felt gusto ko na magback out kasi wala sila follow up during the very dry season (covid period) i think is understandable na ngayon.

can you recommend an agent? very unresponsive ng agent ko. submitted my docs september 2023 for skills assessment pero hindi sya nagcontact sakin. he only messages me na he's out of the country or office or has medical emergency. i was lenient pero I think 6 whole months of waiting is too much na.

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

@charlenecabiling said:

@Ozdrims said:

Pros:

Cons:

can you recommend an agent? very unresponsive ng agent ko. submitted my docs september 2023 for skills assessment pero hindi sya nagcontact sakin. he only messages me na he's out of the country or office or has medical emergency. i was lenient pero I think 6 whole months of waiting is too much na.

Sorry i did not see this message , i can message you privately though , but i don't have an agent na AU based in mind.

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023 : results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023 : Medicals completed
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• Capuccino_2017Capuccino_2017 Philippines

Hi, just want to share details of our Migration Lawyer from SkyeGlobal, if you need advise and help in you application to Au, She is based in Canberra ACT, just send her a message. and please kindly mention my name Genelyn Ang,as referral from, wala po ako commission, i just want to show her my appreciation and gratitude.

MACINOZ2023
  • patrick21patrick21 Singapore

@soufflecake said:

pabulong po ng agency ng maiwasan hehe

ANZSCO 263312 Telecommunications Network Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Experience: 10 | Education: 15 | Partner Points: 5

Timeline:
    19 Apr 2024: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    27 Apr 2024: Signed up with migration agency