Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Is it only the Primary applicant can apply a dependent?

KualaKangarooKualaKangaroo Quezon CityPosts: 32Member
edited October 2013 in Working and skilled visas
Hi guys,

Matanong ko lang let say I have a brother then may asawa and anak sya na isa, then I have a sister na fully dependent sa brother ko. For all her needs and nakatira same roof with them. Sya nag aalaga sa pamangkin ko. Then, may small amount lang na inaabot pang kunswelo every month.

Kung mag aapply sila for visa either 189 or 190 at ang primary applicant ay yung asawa ng kapatid ko (sister-in-law), pwede bang isama ang ate as their dependent?

Patulong po. Salamat.

Visa 190
Lodge: May 2013
CO: Last week of May 2013. Team 34 Brisbane
Grant ???

Comments

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @KualaKangaroo..Dahil sister-in-law nya ang primary applicant mukhang malabo yata yan na masama ang sister mo as their dependent. Sa dependent kasi first blood basis yan ehh.. Pwdeng masama as dependent ay your mom or dad, brother or sister, first cousins, nephew or niece.

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)

• KualaKangarooKualaKangaroo Quezon City
    @nfronda Thanks sa fast reply... Ibig sabihin ang brother ko dapat ang maging primary applicant para masama ang ate?

Visa 190
    Grant ???

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @KualaKangaroo..Yes there is a chance, but then you have to consider this:
    Other dependent relatives
    A dependent relative (other than a dependent child) can be included in your visa application when you lodge your application.

You cannot add a dependent relative to a points tested skilled visa after you lodge your application.

To include your other dependent relative(s) in your application, there are requirements and evidence that must be provided to prove dependency.

To be considered a dependent relative you must prove they:

have no other relative able to care for them in their own country
    are not currently married, engaged or in a de facto relationship
    usually are a resident in your household
    depend on you for financial support for their basic needs and you have supported them for a substantial period
    depend on you more than any other person or source.
    Acceptable forms of proof include:

a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you
    proof that the relative lives in your household
    proof that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the last 12 months.
    if your relative is divorced, legally separated or widowed, you must provide certified copies of supporting evidence, such as:

the document of legal divorce
    the document of legal separation
    the death certificate of the deceased partner

18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.

@nfronda uhmm ok, in any case my visa be granted, ang ate namin na lang ang matitira sa Pinas if ever my brother and his wife and children decided to migrate as well.

I think yung last remaining relative - yes
    dependent - yes, living on same roof, dependent on shelter and no work or financial means to support herself other than dun sa monthly na kunswelo para sa pag alaga ng pamangkin.

She never been married, still single.

Ang main problem hindi magaling mag english ang kapatid kong lalaki compare sa asawa nya which I think mas malaking chance kung ung sister in law ko ang makapag IELTS plus considering din cguro ung work experience.

Visa 190
    Grant ???

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    edited October 2013
    If I were you I wont add the sister as a dependent ...

its too risky ...

correct me if I am wrong but from what I know if she fails the requirement you are all be denied visa

better to apply for you and your immediate family and then try to get her when you are already here in AU

Google for Everything !!!

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @KualaKangaroo..If ang brother mo ang maging main applicant still we can't guarantee that ur sister can be included as his dependent. A lot of factor to be considered. Sa atin kasi sa pinas, pag ikw sau nakatira or ikw nagbibigay ng allowance we immediately considered him/her as our dependent. Sa OZ kasi iba, a lot of factors to be considered. And here are the factors.

1. How old is ur sister? If she is over 18 years of age she will not be considered as dependent.
    2. Where is ur parents? Are they still alive? If they are u can't claim ur sister as ur dependent kasi dependent sya ng parents mo.
    3. Is ur sister needs special care? If paralisado sister mo, u can consider her as ur dependent kasi she can't do anything on her own kailangan nya talagang my kasama all the time.
    4. Wla na bang kaung ibang kamag-anak na pwedeng ipagbilinan ang sister mo?

And also based on the u have provided, it looks like nagtatrabaho sya sa brother mo kasi nga sya nag aalaga sa mga pamangkin nyo and in behalf of that binibgyan sya ng kaunting halaga.

If I were you I wont add the sister as a dependent ...

its too risky ...

correct me if I am wrong but from what I know if she fails the requirement you are all be denied visa

better to apply for you and your immediate family and then try to get her when you are already here in AU
    Okay, kung tama pag ka intindi ko, mas magandang mauna na muna ako, then yung family ng brother ko then kunin namin ang ate namin since sya na lang ang last na relative remaining na nasa pinas?

Visa 190
    Grant ???

@nfronda, thanks for the explanation.

Yup more than 18 na sya, parents uhmm nanay na lang natira and kasabay sya sa application ko. Hindi nya need ng special care, she can still work though wala syang natapos...kamag anak, lahat may pamilya na on their own...

Yup if di sya bibigyan for financial support wala syang pera din, kung baga allowance na lang.

Visa 190
    Grant ???

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @KualaKangaroo.. Dahil over 18 na sya u have to provide a strong evidence to prove how dependent she is. Kasi nga kmi as a dependent of our dad on his application, nag provide din kmi ng evidences na dependent kmi sa kanya kasi were over 18 na.

So kasama pla ang nanay mo sa application mo, so how's ur application?

@nfronda yup kasama ang nanay sa application. Ayun, still in progress...

Nagbabasa ako sa remaining relative visa, may cap pala un and mahabang hintayan...

Visa 190
    Grant ???

• JCsantosJCsantos Sydney

So kasama pla ang nanay mo sa application mo, so how's ur application?
    Normally mas mataas ang chances sa nanay i reckon ... we all know that ... pag kapatid mahirap i prove na nagrerely sya sa iyo not unless merong kapansanan ...

Google for Everything !!!

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @KualaKangaroo..Gudluck sa application mo.

Yes, matagal ang processing sa ganyang type of visa..

• j_1019alisenj_1019alisen NSW
    @nfronda @KualaKangaroo Hi! buti po nahanap ko ang forum na to tatanongin ko lang po sana if:

1.malaki ba ang chance na maging dependent ko ang sister ko for my subclass 190 visa? she is a nurse obviously over 18 na at currently unemployed...

2. may chance po ba ma deny ako if she wont make it??

thanks!