Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

In this Discussion

Random Members
(25425)

• jumpy18a
  • emonsanto
  • retungol
  • dan78
  • chanoschanos
  • anastacia0228
  • Rjeflores28
  • equestrienne
  • rguez06
  • paul31681
  • matildaingal
  • sydneyau
  • Carpidiem
  • patrisyo
  • meveavae
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (23)

babyyhingbamfyrdoeBbB1226ceasarkhocmectqkqkppamdatuzerodhey_almightydreamntheseaekingengr_boyepbtptchoeHeprexHunter_08kh@L3Lkoykoylayao2002missingleakouopwrzkljredfox8rjyjcbeicovhoythoyVicThor

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Check out the new 2017-2018 Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL) and Short‑term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) - formerly known as SOL and CSOL here

Single Father Parent

echoecho MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 1Member
Hi po sa lahat, Just wanna ask if I can apply for a child visa on my illegitimate son? He is now 7 years old and is living with my mom since birth, he got my last name before I migrated through R.A 9255. Hope someone has the same case with me. Thanks!
262113 Systems Administrator - ACS Suitable
July 2, 2013 - docs to NSW
July 8, 2013 - Ack letter received (Thanks Mama Mary!)
July 22, 2013 - Skillselect - Got invitation for 190! Thanks Lord!
July 22, 2013 - NSW Approval..
July 22, 2013 - Lodged Visa 190.. Uploading some documents..
August 13, 2013 - Medical
August 13, 2013 - CO Allocated - Team GSM 06 Adelaide...
Sept. 4, 2013 - Uploaded SG COC
Sept. 5, 2013 - Visa Grant! Last Initial Entry Aug. 26, 2014!!
Thanks Lord and Mama Mary!!!
reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• aanoveraanover SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 2Member
    @echo Hi Sir, I am sharing my experience as a single mom with two illegitimate children and is named after the father. One of the requirements for the kids to be granted with visa is to have the non-migrating parent accomplish Form 1229 form https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1229.pdf and attach a certified true copy of their passport/signature ID - in this case, the mother of your child. If you have this, then you don't have any problems bringing in the kid.

Now, the problem arise if you can't secure this. By PH law, illegitimate children are under sole parental authority of the the mother - until they turn 18. In our case, we were asked to provide an updated 1229 Form as the form we submitted was signed 3 years ago from the time we lodged the application. The father didn't provide one so I resulted getting a court order stating that I have full custody over the kids. They accepted this.
    Nominated Occupation: 261313 (Software Engineer)
    ---------------------------------------------
    20160327 - Nomination Lodged 186 ENS Direct Entry
    20160407 - Submitted ACS Skill Application
    20160414 - ACS Result - Suitable AQF Advanced Diploma | 4 years relevant work experience
    20160416 - 186 ENS Visa Lodged
    20160429 - Medical - Bupa Visa Services Syd
    20160502 - AFP Check
    20160915 - Nomination Approved
    20161213 - Grant!!!!!!
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter