Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

General Skilled Immigration Visa - Step By Step Process

Comments

• rexy29rexy29 Davao City
    pwede bang mag apply ng sabay s 189 and 190? ang teacher ba pwede mag apply for 190?
  • mast3reemast3ree Melbourne
    @rexy29 1. Pwede 2. Check mo sa state na gusto mo if meron teacher sa SOL/CSOL

2014/06/22-CDR & IELTS Prep | 2014/08/02-IELTS Exam 08/15-0 pts | 2014/12/13-IELTS Exam 12/29-10pts | 2015/01/07-CDR Submit | 04/30-EA Result (233513-Positive) | 2015/04/30-Submit EOI | 05/08-Invite | 2015/05/09-Visa ELodge | 2015/05/15-Singapore COC (05/21 release) | 2015/06/04-Medical | 2015/06/24-NBI Clearance | 2015/06/29-CO Allocated | 2015/07/08-Visa Granted!!!
    2016/03/15-Arrived in Melbourne
    2016/04/01-Started Working... (Thank God!)

• jlo_titanjlo_titan Bangkok
    Hello po, good evening. i have some question/s. i have submitted my documents to ACS for a general skills assessment with an SOL of Analyst Programmer 261311 ACS , how long would they complete the assessment? Will this require an IELTS after the assessment or when i apply for my visa skilled independent? Hope to hear some advises soon. Salamat po ng marami.
  • Xiaomau82Xiaomau82 Singapore
    Hello po, good evening. i have some question/s. i have submitted my documents to ACS for a general skills assessment with an SOL of Analyst Programmer 261311 ACS , how long would they complete the assessment? Will this require an IELTS after the assessment or when i apply for my visa skilled independent? Hope to hear some advises soon. Salamat po ng marami.
    sobrang bilis po ng ACS nowadays, i have a friend na in 3 days finalised na ung application nia. after the skills assessment, IELTS is required sa stages after the skills assessment.
    Hi @Xiaomau82

Nareceive ko yung Vetassess result in January 2014. Maapektuhan ba yung points?
    sa pagkakatanda ko, applications after January 2015 lang ang affected. :)
    pwede bang mag apply ng sabay s 189 and 190? ang teacher ba pwede mag apply for 190?
    Primary, secondary, o pre-primary? Iba iba kasi type ng teachers so depende. if the specific teaching occupation is in SOL, then pwede. primary kasi asa CSOL lang so di ka pwede appy under 189.
  • paifcarlopaifcarlo Sydney
    @Born

I had a similar problem with proof of employment. The CoE by itself did not count, only three options - 1) Payslip (wala ka) or 2) ITR (?) or 3) Bank Statement showing regular pay for those months.

Other than these 3, mahihirapan ka. My application got delayed because those are the only 3 docs they accepted. Anything else, ayaw nila tanggapin, pansinin. Btw, I was using a migration agent already so yang 3 options lang binigay nya saken.
  • BornBorn Mandaluyong
    @paifcarlo

Pwede kayang 2 out of 3? Haha.

I'll try my best para makasecure ng ITR kahit affidavit na minimum wage earner lang doon sa first 2 years. Pwede rin kaya Bank Certificate na galing from my employer yung mga cash deposits doon? Sa Bank Statement kasi nakalagay lang eh cash payroll deposit yata.

• miteglia90miteglia90 Mandaluyong
    @miteglia90 hello! you can start by checking yung assessing guidelines ng assessing body mo, kase each one has different guidelines and factors to consider when assessing your education qualifications. for example, sa ACS, to be assessed as having a bachelor's degree with an ICT major (15 points), you need to have 25% ICT content for a 4 yr course and 2 yrs relevant work experience. not really sure how sectioning of schools affects the assessment, pero as long as ma-meet mo naman ung requirements ng assessing body, then most likely you'll get a positive assessment. hope this helps! good luck!
    hi axlrose,

Thanks for the response!

I see. My only concern if the positive assessment will grant me 10 or 15 points for qualifications, because if 10 I only get 55 overall points. But if 15 points, I get 60 points.
    The overall points matter right? Because I can only submit an EOI if I have 60 points or more.

May I please have your reference for this?
    "for example, sa ACS, to be assessed as having a bachelor's degree with an ICT major (15 points), you need to have 25% ICT content for a 4 yr course and 2 yrs relevant work experience"

If that is the case, I only need to confirm that my course 25% ICT content because I have 4+ years of relevant experience already.

But still, even if I get 60 pts total mababa ang chance na ma-pick during draws kasi ito yung minimum points diba hmm.

@miteglia90 nakapagpa-assess kana ng education mo? I believe hindi na tinitignan kung saan ka nagtapos but depende sa outcome ng educational assessment mo. Ex. Engineers Australia ang mostly nagsasabi kung equivalent sa degree ng Australia ang qualifications ng mga engineers.
    Hi mast3ree,

Thanks for the response. Hindi pa ako nagpapa-assess. I checked the points system muna and if 10 lang ang PLM under qualification, I only get 55 pts. overall.
    Even if my assessment is positive, kailangan pa rin ma-meet ang 60 pts. cut-off hindi ba? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

anong course po, engineering ba? may PRC kaba? if may PRC, 15points po un pwede iclaim.

My course is BS Comp. Sci. from PLM, same with your sister as you said. :-) Your sister got 15 points, so I should get the same right hmmm...

But even if I get 15 pts for qualification, overall pts ko would only be 60 pts because of the recent change they made sa ACS where they subtract work experience for the assessment. This exp. they subtract hindi magagamit sa pag claim ng overall pts :(
    So to get 65 pts, I should apply when I have a total of 7 yrs working experience pa :/

What do you think are the chances of getting picked with 60 pts? What I know is that if parating may 65 pts above, hindi mapipick yung mga may 60 pts :/

Hello po, ahm, sa june daw po magpapalit na naman ng immigration policy? ano po kayang impact nito? salamat, balak ko po kasing magsubmit after june kc dun pa lang aabot ung points ko (turning 25). thanks po sa reply

Hi psalms5110,

May I please know where you got this info na magche-change ng policy by June? Same with you magsasubmit din ako by that time :)

Thanks!

• axlroseaxlrose Sydney
    edited May 2015
    hi @miteglia90! you can refer to this link for the details. https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

You will get an invite as long as you meet the 60 points cut-off. The question is when and how long you have to wait. Based on the trend, it usually takes around 2 to 3 rounds before you get an invite (but this might change of course, depende sa # of invites to be issued, # of EOI's lodged, occupation ceiling, etc) In our case, 60 pts din kami and we lodged our EOI feb 12 and we got the invite March 13 (after 3 rounds).

Here's a more detailed explanation of the invitation process (http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx)

"Invitation process and cut offs
    The highest ranked clients by points score are invited to apply for the relevant visa. For clients who have equal points scores, the time at which they reached their points score for that subclass (referred to as the visa date of effect) determines their order of invitation. Expressions of Interest with earlier dates of effect are invited before later dates."

You can also check ung invitation results/trends from this site so you can estimate kung kailan ka maiinvite -- check the "Visa date of effect" of the last invitation round to check what the cut-off was for EOIs with 60 points. :)

25-Oct-2014 457 Visa grant
    20-Nov-2014 ACS assessment result: Software Engineer
    27-Jan-2015 ANMAC result of husband (primary applicant); Registered Nurse nec
    12-Feb-2015 EOI
    13-Mar-2015 Lodged Visa 189
    08-Apr-2015 Medicals at BUPA (dependant)
    01-May-2015 CO contact, medicals at BUPA (primary) & applied for APF police checks
    08-May-2015 Submitted all required docs
    11-May-2015 Visa Grant

• J_OzJ_Oz Sydney
    @miteglia90 sa ACS kasi nay tinatawag silang suitability criteria. Usually 2 years na working experience yun ideduct sa total working exp mo. And ung deduction depende kung ano ang assessment nila sa education mo. For example sa akin 6+ years total ko nung nagpaassess ako. Tapos bachelor degre major in computing ata. 2 years deducted sakin so 4+ lang maclaim ko which is 5 pts.

Developer Programmer (261312)
    08.25.2014: Completed gathering of documents
    08.29.2014: ACS Skills Assessment
    09.09.2014: ACS Result - OK - Thank you Lord!
    10.18.2014: IELTS IDP Makati
    10.31.2014: IELTS- R:8.5 L:7.5 S:7 W:7 - OBS:7.5) - Thank you Lord!
    02.03.2015: Submitted EOI
    02.26.2015: Received ITA 189
    04.24.2015: Lodged Visa - Day 1
    04.25.2015: Uploaded docs - Day 2
    05.08.2015: Wife NBI Clearance - Day 15 || 05.25.2015: Uploaded NBI Clearance - Day 32
    05.28.2015: Medicals @ SLEC BGC Day 35
    05.30.2015: Medicals Finalised - Day 37
    06.11.2015: CO Allocated - Day 48
    07.02.2015 - Visa Granted! Thank you LORD! Glory to God!
    10.15.2015 - Arrived in SYD - Jer 29:11

@paifcarlo

Pwede kayang 2 out of 3? Haha.

I'll try my best para makasecure ng ITR kahit affidavit na minimum wage earner lang doon sa first 2 years. Pwede rin kaya Bank Certificate na galing from my employer yung mga cash deposits doon? Sa Bank Statement kasi nakalagay lang eh cash payroll deposit yata.

you don't need all three. OR sila. sa akin medyo strict, it delayed my application a bit - they just want the either of the 3 documents. ang idea "daw" is they want to see that for those specific years may pera na pumapasok sa account mo. i tried to argue (through the agent) na nasa CoE.. pero ayaw e hehe.

@axlrose
    @miteglia90

look at this too:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/13-february-2015.aspx
    60 does passes but if your batch is high in terms of average score, you may not be invited.
    Invitation process and cut offs

The highest ranked clients by points score are invited to apply for the relevant visa. For clients who have equal points scores, the time at which they reached their points score for that subclass (referred to as the visa date of effect) determines their order of invitation. Expressions of Interest with earlier dates of effect are invited before later dates.
  • BornBorn Mandaluyong
    @paifcarlo Thanks ha.

Anong sinend mo for this requirement?
    @Born

same lang sa nakalista. i think i got 65pts.
    @axlrose
    @miteglia90

look at this too:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/13-february-2015.aspx
    60 does passes but if your batch is high in terms of average score, you may not be invited.
    Invitation process and cut offs

The highest ranked clients by points score are invited to apply for the relevant visa. For clients who have equal points scores, the time at which they reached their points score for that subclass (referred to as the visa date of effect) determines their order of invitation. Expressions of Interest with earlier dates of effect are invited before later dates.

hi paifcarlo,

Hmm, you're right. In relation to this, do you know what below means?

"Due to the continuing high numbers of EOIs received for the below occupations, invitations for these occupations will be issued on a pro rata basis in each twice monthly invitation round..."

Pro rata means "in proportion". Not sure how it applies to the above statement? I assume this means nagiiba yung no. of invitations per round? Please correct me if wrong.

TIA!
    hi @miteglia90! you can refer to this link for the details. https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

You will get an invite as long as you meet the 60 points cut-off. The question is when and how long you have to wait. Based on the trend, it usually takes around 2 to 3 rounds before you get an invite (but this might change of course, depende sa # of invites to be issued, # of EOI's lodged, occupation ceiling, etc) In our case, 60 pts din kami and we lodged our EOI feb 12 and we got the invite March 13 (after 3 rounds).

Here's a more detailed explanation of the invitation process (http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx)

"Invitation process and cut offs
    The highest ranked clients by points score are invited to apply for the relevant visa. For clients who have equal points scores, the time at which they reached their points score for that subclass (referred to as the visa date of effect) determines their order of invitation. Expressions of Interest with earlier dates of effect are invited before later dates."

You can also check ung invitation results/trends from this site so you can estimate kung kailan ka maiinvite -- check the "Visa date of effect" of the last invitation round to check what the cut-off was for EOIs with 60 points. :)
    Thanks for this info axlrose!

May I know your reference for this?
    "sa ACS, to be assessed as having a bachelor's degree with an ICT major (15 points), you need to have 25% ICT content for a 4 yr course and 2 yrs relevant work experience."

Because I've read the guidelines and I don't see how much qualification pts. they will award even if the applicant's assessed as having Bachelor's degree with an ICT major... or do they mention the qualification/skilled employment points when they provide the assessment in the end?

Also, you mentioned that you had 60 pts when you applied. Where is the points calculated? When you lodge an EOI? Or just your personal note based on the factors?

I think it's an official detail of an application as the Points Test is explicitly mentioned sa visa subclass 189 page. The question is who does and where are the points calculated/totaled?

Sorry if marami pong tanong hehe. But I believe I'm getting there. Really appreciate the response so far :)
    Hi All!

General question:

If I apply for an assessment on let's say July 2015, then I get a suitable result on September, can I still use the same assessment to lodge an EOI on July 2016?

I think yes right, kasi 2 years ang validity of an assessment?

However, who will verify the employment experience I would've had from the point I applied for an assessment up to the time I will lodge an EOI since hindi na siya captured ng assessment?

Thanks for all the helpful feedback so far :)
    @miteglia90 sa ACS kasi nay tinatawag silang suitability criteria. Usually 2 years na working experience yun ideduct sa total working exp mo. And ung deduction depende kung ano ang assessment nila sa education mo. For example sa akin 6+ years total ko nung nagpaassess ako. Tapos bachelor degre major in computing ata. 2 years deducted sakin so 4+ lang maclaim ko which is 5 pts.
    Thanks J_Oz for the feedback. Ang bilis ng timings mo =)

This is how I understand the process as well. How many pts. did you get for qualification BTW? 10 or 15? Did ACS mention this on the assessment finding?

Kasi in the "Points Test", either we get 10 or 15 pts for qualification:

An award or qualification recognised by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation = 10

At least a bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard = 15

I need to know how they award 10 or 15 because my overall pts. hangs on qualification pts. If I get 10 for qualification, 55 pts. overall lang...
  • axlroseaxlrose Sydney
    edited May 2015
    hi @miteglia90!

"sa ACS, to be assessed as having a bachelor's degree with an ICT major (15 points), you need to have 25% ICT content for a 4 yr course and 2 yrs relevant work experience."
    It's from this link: https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf (pg. 9 - Qualifications: ICT Major Criteria). Take note of the Suitability Criteria (page 3) and Skill Level Requirement Met Date (pg 5) as these mentions important details as well.

You can claim 15 points if your qualifications are assessed by ACS as comparable to an AQF Bachelor's degree (Note that the assessment letter won't mention your points explicitly). The awarding of points is stated on the 189 Points Test at https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx
    "To receive 15 points for having at least a Bachelor degree, you must have met the requirements for an award of Bachelor degree by an Australian educational institution or your qualification must be considered as at least comparable to a Bachelor level at Australian standards."

Yes, you can do a self-assessment or you can calculate it on your own based on the Points test sa 189 visa page. Once you've met at least 60 points and have met all the criteria, then you can lodge an EOI. Your points claims will be mentioned in your EOI. Note that you need to have a valid skills assessment and have attained all of your claims or have evidence/documentation of your claims ready (eg. English language ability evidence) at the time you lodge your EOI. Pag nag-submit ka kase ng EOI, you'll need to mention details on the points you are claiming, such as yung Skills Assessment result reference #, work experience assessed as suitable by the assessing body, IELTS test report form number, etc. Based on these details that you will mention on your EOI, automatic na nyang icacalculate yung points mo. You need to be careful at this step since the information you submit in the EOI will be used as part of your visa application once you're invited (overclaiming points or providing incorrect information in the EOI can lead to a visa denial).

Hope I was able to clarify it for you! :)

25-Oct-2014 457 Visa grant
    20-Nov-2014 ACS assessment result: Software Engineer
    27-Jan-2015 ANMAC result of husband (primary applicant); Registered Nurse nec
    12-Feb-2015 EOI
    13-Mar-2015 Lodged Visa 189
    08-Apr-2015 Medicals at BUPA (dependant)
    01-May-2015 CO contact, medicals at BUPA (primary) & applied for APF police checks
    08-May-2015 Submitted all required docs
    11-May-2015 Visa Grant

hi @miteglia90!

It's from this link: https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf (pg. 9 - Qualifications: ICT Major Criteria). Take note of the Suitability Criteria (page 3) and Skill Level Requirement Met Date (pg 5) as these mentions important details as well.

You can claim 15 points if your qualifications are assessed by ACS as comparable to an AQF Bachelor's degree (Note that the assessment letter won't mention your points explicitly). The awarding of points is stated on the 189 Points Test at https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx
    "To receive 15 points for having at least a Bachelor degree, you must have met the requirements for an award of Bachelor degree by an Australian educational institution or your qualification must be considered as at least comparable to a Bachelor level at Australian standards."

Yes, you can do a self-assessment or you can calculate it on your own based on the Points test sa 189 visa page. Once you've met at least 60 points and have met all the criteria, then you can lodge an EOI. Your points claims will be mentioned in your EOI. Note that you need to have a valid skills assessment and have attained all of your claims or have evidence/documentation of your claims ready (eg. English language ability evidence) at the time you lodge your EOI. Pag nag-submit ka kase ng EOI, you'll need to mention details on the points you are claiming, such as yung Skills Assessment result reference #, work experience assessed as suitable by the assessing body, IELTS test report form number, etc. Based on these details that you will mention on your EOI, automatic na nyang icacalculate yung points mo. You need to be careful at this step since the information you submit in the EOI will be used as part of your visa application once you're invited (overclaiming points or providing incorrect information in the EOI can lead to a visa denial).

Hope I was able to clarify it for you! :)

Crystal clear, axlrose!! :) :) :)

Another one please! I've posted this already, but nobody has answered yet hehe.

E.g. If I apply for an assessment on July 2015, then I get a suitable result on September, can I still use the same assessment to lodge an EOI on July 2016??

If yes, ququestionin/hahabulin ba nila yung employment experience ko from July 2015 to July 2016? Or would I need to submit a reassessment to capture the latest experience ko?

From the site kasi they say yung assessment is valid for 2 years. But that could mean na an applicant can remain in the pool with the same assessment for 2 years.

Or perhaps there's a window where after getting a suitable assessment, an applicant should lodge an EOI within XX days?

Tried to find these info on their site, but parang wala. The next best thing is people's experiences. =)

Thanks again!

• EnvyEnvy Milton

@miteglia90

makisali na dito.

Assessment is valid for 2 years, and does not require you to lodge an EOI within a period of time after the professional body has issued said assessment.

AND why would you get an assessment in 2015 and use it in 2016? sayang nman yung 1 yr of experience mo, baka makatulong yun sa assessment results mo unless you are not working on same field. just saying

Jan 2007 - Arrive in Aus as 457
    Mar 2013 - Plan, review, read and understand visa requirements
    Apr 2013 - ACS assessment submitted
    Jun 2013 - ACS assessment received
    Aug 2013 - IETLS pass (General 8.0)
    Aug 2013 - ACT SS submitted
    Aug 2013 - Created EOI account
    Aug 2013 - VETASSES assessment submitted
    Sep 2013 - VETASSES assessment received
    Sep 2013 - ACT SS received
    Sep 2013 - EOI Submitted
    Sep 2013 - Visa invite received
    Sep 2013 - Visa application submitted (190)
    Oct 2013 - Medical completed
    Jan 2014 - Visa approved

• anna_mxmanna_mxm Sydney
    Hi Everyone! If you need a licensed migration agent, we are an immigration law firm based in Sydney. I can book you with our immigration lawyers for consultation. You can leave me message anytime and I'll get back to you soon. If you are off shore, we can still coordinate thru skype/phone calls, whichever you prefer. Salamat! :)
  • pinkpantherpinkpanther Singapore
    Hi po. Newbie po here, my friend introduced me this site and super informative po. Thanks to her
    Hi po. Newbie po here, my friend introduced me this site and super informative po. Thanks to her
    Hi po again, hindi po pala na send yun iba ko message. :D

Ask lang po ako help/tips/advice-- my family po is planning to apply in Australia, currently we are working here in Sg. Yun work po namin is under CSOL. Tanong ko lang po, pag nagpa assess po ba skills may roong di napapasa sa assessment? Tapos po pag napasa ka, ano po next step na gagawin? And gaano po katagal bago ka mainvite nun state kun san dun po yun work na pede ka?

Thanks po ng madami. Btw, meron na po ba dito nag apply same work namin- Sales Rep (medical/pharmaceutical). Salamat

Hi po again, hindi po pala na send yun iba ko message. :D

Ask lang po ako help/tips/advice-- my family po is planning to apply in Australia, currently we are working here in Sg. Yun work po namin is under CSOL. Tanong ko lang po, pag nagpa assess po ba skills may roong di napapasa sa assessment? Tapos po pag napasa ka, ano po next step na gagawin? And gaano po katagal bago ka mainvite nun state kun san dun po yun work na pede ka?

Thanks po ng madami. Btw, meron na po ba dito nag apply same work namin- Sales Rep (medical/pharmaceutical). Salamat

i havent seen your occupation in the state migration plan list for the past 1 or 2 years na ata. It is presently in SA but its under special conditions. So kung gano katagal ung processing, its hard to say unless there’s a state available.
    @Xiaomau82 thanks po. Pero do u think its ok Lang din if we pursue the assessment?

And if ever po may relative (cousin) may idea po ba kayo pano process?

Big thanks po
    @Xiaomau82 thanks po. Pero do u think its ok Lang din if we pursue the assessment?

And if ever po may relative (cousin) may idea po ba kayo pano process?

Big thanks po
    u can submit and hope for the best na by 1st of july e may available state for sponsorship otherwise there is no way u can progress to the next stage.

You can check http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx for the relative sponsorship. your cousin needs to meet the criteria din for sponsr.