Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Quantity Surveyor assessed by Engineering Australia

13»

Comments

• jun_0630jun_0630 Posts: 3Member

Hi @Jacraye thank you. 😊 Pwede kaya yung previous boss ko na Mechanical Engineer ang magbigay ng Referral Letter pero ako ay Civil Engineer? Maacknowledge kaya ni AIQS yun kahit ME yung nagbigay sakin ng refferral letter?

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@jun_0630 said:
    Hi @Jacraye thank you. 😊 Pwede kaya yung previous boss ko na Mechanical Engineer ang magbigay ng Referral Letter pero ako ay Civil Engineer? Maacknowledge kaya ni AIQS yun kahit ME yung nagbigay sakin ng refferral letter?

Hindi. Kelangan talga either may degree in QS or member ng QS organisation

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@Cris_08 said:

@Jacraye said:

@Cris_08 said:

@Jacraye said:

@Cris_08 said:

@Jacraye said:

@Cris_08 said:

hi @beauau86 . Good day! same as you. Yes for Item 1 and 2. With 9 years work experience, six years under MRICS supervision.

Did you pass the AIQS skill assessment po? Aside dun sa reference letter, ano pa inattach mo po?

Thank you and regards.

Hi Cris_08,

It will depend on which pathway you are taking (either pathway 3 or 4).

Thanks @Jacraye . I am leaning to pathway 3 upon reading this excerpts. Seldom I see testimonials or success stories with suitable outcome from Bachelors Degree holder in Engineering (Civil) taking this skills assessment by AIQS.

Do you know someone po na naging suitable yung result same as my case? Thank you and Regards.

Yes, it is very seldom to encounter people who actually took their skills assessment with AIQS in this forum.
    Most, if not all, did not get a favourable result. Even those whom I know personally failed as well.

Based on the information from applicants, I believe the reason why they failed to get a favourable outcome is because they could not provide evidence that they have been working under approved supervision.

When I applied for my assessment ages ago, there were only 3 pathways. Now, Pathway 4 is available for QS organisation members. However, approved supervision is still required in pathway 4. And being a member of any known QS organisation does not guarantee a favourable outcome.

The only advantage before when you are a member of AIQS and applied for skills assessment is that members have huge discount of assessment fees. Like 65% off. However, it looks like AIQS changed it as well and no more discounts.

Thank you for this @Jacraye. Will try my luck to be assessed by AIQS through pathway 3 (cross fingers and pray). Can't in Pathway 4 since I am not a member of AIQS. And I believe that PICQS is still not yet recognized QS institution as specified in the policy (April 2023).

In your own opinion po, will the six (6) years under MRICS supervision enough?

If I can remember correctly, PICQS is recognised by AIQS since 2018 based on the mutual recognition agreement.

But based on the signed document, the mutual agreement will only last up to Nov. this year :s

Hope PICQS Founder will amend the agreement.

Can I present and attach also my PICQS member certificate and CPD points as supporting documents during assessment too? Glad to hearing your insights :)

Agreement is now renewed for another 5years as of 24/9/2023.

• paulcpaulc Posts: 2Member

Hi pwede po makahingi sample ng CDR for CE with QS work experience.
    email: [email protected]

Salamat ng marami po sa mga magrereply!

• paulcpaulc Posts: 2Member

@k_ann_15 said:
    Hi All, i just want to ask for everyone's advise if may nakaexperience na nito. i am a civil engineer graduate but all of my work experience is quantity surveyor. nakalusot ako sa EA and binigyan ng civil engineer code. nainvite narin ako at nakapaglodge recently. nakapaglodge na ko nung Sept 13. but then i realise na lahat ng job description ko sa paglodge ay mostly qs scope. my question is, is there a possibility na marefuse ung grant dahil di civil engineering work experience ko? is qs considered civil engineer background? i hope someone can enlighten me. grabeng nakakaworry din. thank you.

Hi pwede po makahingi sample ng CDR for CE with QS work experience.
    email: [email protected]

Salamat ng marami po sa mga magrereply!

mathilde9
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

AIQS can be quite difficult to deal with due to their criteria. Applicant must have a degree in QS which non existent in the Philippines. I only deal with this assessing authority for my British clients as they meet their criteria but despite that, it’s still difficult with their requirements ie boss must be a qualified QS as well, must present qualifications etc.

I’ve had a case or two where we applied for EA using civil engineer as the nominated occupation and EA recognised the QS work experience. Worth a try, perhaps? All the best.

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney
    edited February 22

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    AIQS can be quite difficult to deal with due to their criteria. Applicant must have a degree in QS which non existent in the Philippines. I only deal with this assessing authority for my British clients as they meet their criteria but despite that, it’s still difficult with their requirements ie boss must be a qualified QS as well, must present qualifications etc.

I’ve had a case or two where we applied for EA using civil engineer as the nominated occupation and EA recognised the QS work experience. Worth a try, perhaps? All the best.

Not necessarily difficult. It is just that the requirements are uncommon and are only applicable to a few.

It is true that there is no institution at the moment that offers a degree in QS. However, there is one institution (PIBE) that offers a higher national certificate and is currently working with CHED to be accredited to offer BSc in QS.

Aside from having a QS degree the AIQS migration policy notes "or a post-graduate qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management and Economics, regardless of the undergraduate qualification held."

Not quite sure about the post graduate qualification. However, based on my personal experience and colleagues', all of us who were members of AIQS got positive outcomes on our academic qualification. It might be possible that being a member of an accredited QS organisation is also considered a "post-grad qualification".

For supervisors qualification, majority of the issues encountered were requesting qualifications from supervisors at previous workplace and more difficult if it is overseas. However, if previous supervisor is not comfortable to provide those qualifications directly to applicant, AIQS can assist and contact them directly if applicant can provided contact details of the supervisor.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited February 22

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Not necessarily difficult. It is just that the requirements are uncommon and are only applicable to a few.

It is true that there is no institution at the moment that offers a degree in QS. However, there is one institution (PIBE) that offers a higher national certificate and is currently working with CHED to be accredited to offer BSc in QS.

Aside from having a QS degree the AIQS migration policy notes "or a post-graduate qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management and Economics, regardless of the undergraduate qualification held."

Not quite sure about the post graduate qualification. However, based on my personal experience and colleagues', all of us who were members of AIQS got positive outcomes on our academic qualification. It might be possible that being a member of an accredited QS organisation is also considered a "post-grad qualification".

For supervisors qualification, majority of the issues encountered were requesting qualifications from supervisors at previous workplace and more difficult if it is overseas. However, if previous supervisor is not comfortable to provide those qualifications directly to applicant, AIQS can assist and contact them directly if applicant can provided contact details of the supervisor.

I don’t think I ever wrote that the application is difficult, what i wrote was AIQS can be difficult to deal with/ quite fussy with the requirements. There is a difference in these statements. They don’t make it easy for applicants to apply for skills assessment. I’m even talking about clients I’ve had who have QS degree qualification. To cut it short…I’m not fond of dealing with them despite the fact that I’ve not had any negative skills assessment outcome from the British clients I’ve assisted. Too much documents they require compared to other assessing authorities. It’s not a straightforward process especially if applicants are from the Philippines.

• rejeenarellanorejeenarellano Posts: 1Member

Hello po, pwede po makahingi copf if CDR? CE registered din po but QS experience. For reference lang po

Here’s my email po: [email protected]