Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Assessing body for Technical Sales Engineer?

Hello lovely ladies & gents in this group. New member here. I need your guidance regarding our interest to finally move to Australia from Dubai. Living here for almost 13 years and this year lang na-push na simulan ang paperworks. I am a Chemical Engineering graduate, however, 90% of my work experience ay Technical Sales (Piping). Already submitted my documents with Vetassess, kasi while following this group and through researching, eto daw ang mas perfect na assessing body for my work experience. However, may nagadvise sa akin na dapat daw sa Engineers Australia ako magpa-assess at hindi sa Vetassess since Chemical Engineering daw ako? Kaso I only had my technical background in Chemical Engineering after college e 2006-2007 pa at di na sya covered ng past 10 years experience na nirerequire if nagpapa-skills assess diba? Hope to get feedback from experts here. Salamat po ng marami...

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator
    It all depends on the occupation you are nominating. If you’re nominating Chemical Engineer then you liaise with Engineers Australia.
  • mummyjulzmummyjulz Dubai
    Many thanks, @RheaMARN1171933! In as much as I want to nominate Chemical Engineer kasi I got only 2 years technical experience based sa profession ko but passed na sa requirements na 10 years kasi 2006 pa yun. So I nominated instead yung Technical Sales Rep since yun ang naging work ko. Kaso nakakaworried lang kasi wala pa ako halos nakikita dito na Technical Sales na naapprove o nagpanominate.
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator
    @mummyjulz it’s because it’s not a common occupation. As long as yours is on the list, should be fine
  • eioj16eioj16 Philippines
    @mummyjulz Hello! Just wanted to share as I think we somewhat share the same situation. I am BS ECE but I'd say, my work experiences are combination of sales support engineering (70%), motor design (20%) & manufacturing engineering (10%). I nominated Electrical Engineering and went to Engineers Australia for assessment. All of my work experiences were credited. I guess the key in receiving a positive assessment to your nominated occupation is to keep your career episodes close/patterned/relevant to what your nominated occupation's required skills.
    @eioj16 Hi! Super thanks for your feedback. I may try Engineers Australia then for Chemical Engineering kasi yung technical sales representative e halos konti lang nomination. By the way, do I need to request for a certificate of employment sa mga companies na napasukan ko or the CDR is sufficient na? Can you send me the step by step process na ginawa mo to acquire the EA, please? God bless
    @RheaMARN1171933 Thanks a lot! Indeed. Nakakaworry lang kasi kahit nasa list din like yung first ko nanominate is not available halos sa ibang states.
    @mummyjulz sure, no worries po. I can share my career episodes, if needed. I can send it to your email. May agent ako (Ms. Gigi O'Sullivan) that took care of my EA skill assessment lodgement. I can send you also my EA checklist kung gusto nyo po.

If mag undergo ka ng Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment, which likely you will do po to earn points for work experiences, you need to prepare Certificate of Employment from employers that you are claiming points to. There is a format which EA recommends. I can share mine po sa inyo as well.
  • TinkertinTinkertin Posts: 2Member

Hi @mummyjulz how was your nomination with EA? I also have the same dilemma, more on technical sales ang work experience ko pero Chemical engineering graduate. Also planning to get visa 189.

• TinkertinTinkertin Posts: 2Member

Hi @eioj16 may I ask how was your experience in EA skill assessment? Can it be done diy?

@Tinkertin said:
    Hi @eioj16 may I ask how was your experience in EA skill assessment? Can it be done diy?

Hello @Tinkertin , I had a migration agent to help me with EA assessment. I think it can be diy but in my case I seek an agent's service to minimize flaws. I think what you are paying for when you get an agent is their competency in giving pro advice, specific to your situation.